Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Anyway to speed up spawn of troll camps? [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 08:28:45 11/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Is there any way to get a bunch of trolls raiding? Every time I login I check and clear all camps but I may get one or two a day. (I usually only get a ton of the sheep). Right now I have like 5 skylanders with clear camp requirements. At this rate it will take me a long time. Is my only chance to do that new trap team boost and pay gems because I only have two trap team unlocked earth and tech. It is strange because a few months back all I got were trolls and only a few sheep.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#2 Posted: 11:17:30 11/11/2014
Some people swear leaving a couple troll camps alone as "seed" causes others to spawn. Others say this is poppycock. I figure it doesn't hurt, just in case.
texasaswang Green Sparx Gems: 244
#3 Posted: 11:46:40 11/11/2014
You are lucky, I am holding for 101 trolls. And I Swear, every time I finish a quest line, a guy pops up saying More Trolls Please!
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#4 Posted: 13:49:59 11/11/2014
Yeah I swear I have a dozen skylanders wanting trolls or sugar bats, so of course I have sheep coming out my ears.
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
MabuMommy Blue Sparx Gems: 906
#5 Posted: 14:12:26 11/11/2014
And I have no troll clearing task, and have sheep, trolls, and CHOMPY pods multiply at the rate of rabbits!

And yes, if I get lazy and don't clear them all (or am pressed fortune n check in quickly at work), I'm guaranteed to have 2 become 8 in the next hour or two...
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#6 Posted: 14:51:07 11/11/2014
The reason to let the trolls and sheep accumulate, in my experience, is that once you have a quest to clear a particular mob, that mob starts spawning VERY slowly. So its to your benefit to have a bunch of them hanging around your islands. You may be able to clear the quest with just those mobs already on your island.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 15:49:16 11/11/2014
I usually let the mobs build up on my islands. That hurt me when traptanium was introduced, though. I didn't see any until I cleared a bunch of them. I probably just need to make more room on my islands. However, I haven't been able to keep them built up as many of the new Sklanders have quests for them. I was about to say the same thing, midas, to make sure to accumulate them just for when quests come around, but when you have so many quests for them, it's hard to accumulate. If we knew, for sure, that they appeared more if we let them sit, then it might be beneficial to let them build up for a bit before clearing them. Of course, that will always be speculation.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#8 Posted: 16:40:44 11/11/2014
There is also a max of 10 each of troll camps, sheep mobs, and what to see here mobs.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#9 Posted: 16:59:30 11/11/2014
Quote: Qanai
There is also a max of 10 each of troll camps, sheep mobs, and what to see here mobs.

This is incorrect. I have frequently had more than ten. The most I have ever seen at once of a single type is twelve. Not claiming that's a limit, just the most I've seen. The most cumulative I've seen is twenty one, but that's likely because that's when I run out of space.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#10 Posted: 18:05:46 11/11/2014
I agree. I've had more than 10 on occasion, but for all practical purposes 10 is about as many as you can expect.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#11 Posted: 19:59:35 11/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys I thought they despawned so I clear them always. Its good to know they do not. Are the only despawning things Trapanium, chompy pods, and wishstone totems, and sugar-bats? I guess I am asking because I always clear everything hoping it won't despawn including wishstones from totems, treasure chests, all ground spawns, troll, sheep, sugar-bats
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#12 Posted: 21:44:54 11/11/2014
The only other thing that disappears if not cleared are the special chests that appear when they have special "every chest is a gold chest" days. They've had at least 2 of these so far and both times, if the chests were not at least in the process of being opened by the time the day ended, they would disappear. Chests normally last until you clear them.
Ben98gs Green Sparx Gems: 491
#13 Posted: 22:59:31 11/11/2014
I am with Bolthar, I thought the trolls dissappeared like choppy pods/Sugar bats/traptonium. Is this not the case?
#14 Posted: 00:06:57 12/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks arkhamhorrorfan, I'll keep that in mind. BTW I love those gold chest days. You can get quite a stock of gems when you have all the added chests from spawn clears companions and whatnot. Ben98gs I just got one spawned and I left it. So I can let you know by tomorrow, but I am guessing this is a mechanic I just thought was a despawn but it really is just a stays until cleared. I have a really big habit of just making sure my islands are totally clean of spawns first thing when I log in so maybe letting them sit and get stuff might do me good. smilie
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#15 Posted: 02:00:06 12/11/2014
Yes, sheep, NTSHs (nothing to see here) and trolls stick around. Everything else disappears.
Ben98gs Green Sparx Gems: 491
#16 Posted: 13:52:23 12/11/2014
Bolthar, I do the same thing and clear everything normally (mainly because I thought they would disappear. I too left a sheep mob and troll camp this morning when I played to test. I really hope it does help spawn more because I always seem to get the clear X troll camp missions for my skylanders varying from 1-10 camps. I usually spin for a bunch of Skylanders at once so this usually means I have 6 Skylanders waiting for trolls. Lol
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#17 Posted: 16:25:02 12/11/2014
I've had trolls and sheep sit for weeks, even months. I normally let them sit unless I need them for quests. Though I might have to rethink that if I want to make sure I have room for traptanium. If I get around to rearranging my islands to give me a solid space for them to spawn, it might help. Though the more room you have, the more space you have for traptanium to appear.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#18 Posted: 21:13:19 12/11/2014
Quote: CrazyCanuck

This is incorrect. I have frequently had more than ten. The most I have ever seen at once of a single type is twelve. Not claiming that's a limit, just the most I've seen. The most cumulative I've seen is twenty one, but that's likely because that's when I run out of space.

That's interesting and good to know. I haven't tried it since the days when chompie pods didn't disappear, and I never encountered more than ten of any mob. Now I want to free more space and try it out. Currently I have 1.5 islands open for spawns, though I'm considering removing a bunch of community buildings to free a lot more and maybe rebuild if they ever raise the level cap again. It would be better if they also raise the cap for item storage - I consistently run tight with 50 (I can't bring myself to sell the BnBs, spooky trees, or elemental sculptures).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me