Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Over the Garden Wall [CLOSED]
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#1 Posted: 15:13:42 10/11/2014 | Topic Creator
It ended recently (and it also started recently because it's short). Anyone else watch it? It's a miniseries that was on cartoon network

[User Posted Image]

im going to call it the gay gnome anime when recommending it to people to see if it throws them off when they watch it
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2 Posted: 15:40:49 10/11/2014
I watched it. I LOVED every second of it. It's like a fairy tale. Very nostalgic to me.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6428
#3 Posted: 20:07:26 10/11/2014
Yeah it was really good. I wish it hadn't ended so quickly but at least it doesn't have too much time so as to drop in quality.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 00:47:30 11/11/2014
it was some of the weirdest crap i've ever seen.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#5 Posted: 04:16:05 21/11/2014
My friend wanted me to watch this, but I just dont have the time/Im too lazy to take time to watch/ I really just dont want to
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#6 Posted: 00:40:08 27/11/2014
I watched it in its entirety the other day and... wow. I absolutely adore this gem.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#7 Posted: 06:23:05 20/02/2015
The only modern cartoon I loved was Gravity Falls, but then I accidentally changed to the Cartoon Network channel back in November, and Over the Garden Wall was playing. And by chance, the first episode was starting. What can I say? A simple glance of it, and I found myself unable to change the channel. I watched every episode. Oh my goodness, it was so good, and so unpredictable! I really, really loved it! smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#8 Posted: 15:14:06 20/02/2015
i've only gotten past the first 4 episodes and already i think it's the best thing CN has ever aired.
---
Cool cool.
#9 Posted: 16:04:07 20/02/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456
i've only gotten past the first 4 episodes and already i think it's the best thing CN has ever aired.

Oh you got that right! To tell you the truth, I don't like any of the Cartoon Network shows. Most of them are very popular, but I simply don't like them at all. Over the Garden Wall proved to be one major exception. It is the only show I think they do right in many aspects.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#10 Posted: 14:09:53 21/02/2015
Quote: Felines

Oh you got that right! To tell you the truth, I don't like any of the Cartoon Network shows. Most of them are very popular, but I simply don't like them at all. Over the Garden Wall proved to be one major exception. It is the only show I think they do right in many aspects.

i love CN's shows today for the most part. I think Gumball and Steven Universe are pretty good, and Adventure Time and Regular Show are two of my favorite cartoons ever. not to say they don't have bad ones though, like Teen Titans Go or Uncle Grandpa. But this miniseries is hands down their best show imo.
---
Cool cool.
#11 Posted: 16:08:51 21/02/2015
Their best show indeed. I did give Steven Universe and Adventure Time a try once, but they are simply not my type of cartoon. Over the Garden Wall was simply a mistake in changing the channel, and you know the rest smilie
So, when it comes to modern cartoons, that show and Gravity Falls are the only modern cartoons I can say I love.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:00:02 05/03/2015 by Felines
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#12 Posted: 12:51:50 05/03/2015
Going to give this series' first episode a watch today to see what all the buzz is about. It does look really awesome from how you Felines and RebelTaxi have described it. I look forward to giving it a go. smilie
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#13 Posted: 13:41:52 05/03/2015
Quote: TorchSheep
Going to give this series' first episode a watch today to see what all the buzz is about. It does look really awesome from how you Felines and RebelTaxi have described it. I look forward to giving it a go. smilie

I hope you enjoy it. It is fantastic.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#14 Posted: 02:56:18 06/03/2015
ducktales.
#15 Posted: 04:11:47 06/03/2015
Quote: zer0dch
ducktales.

The show with the catchiest theme song ever smilie
...Hey wait, you're in the wrong topic smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:13:13 06/03/2015 by Felines
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#16 Posted: 04:14:08 06/03/2015
Quote: zer0dch
ducktales.

The show with the catchiest theme song ever O_o
...Hey wait, you're in the wrong topic :O

you missed it all bby
ArkleeTerror Green Sparx Gems: 238
#17 Posted: 03:33:43 07/03/2015
I LOVE THIS SHOW

especially the Beast and Enoch, holy heck

such good eldrich psychopomps with such lovely voices
---
smilie smilie You cannot kill The Metal smilie smilie
#18 Posted: 22:50:28 07/03/2015
Quote: ArkleeTerror
I LOVE THIS SHOW

especially the Beast and Enoch, holy heck

such good eldrich psychopomps with such lovely voices

The cast was one of the best things of the series. It has some of my favorite actors of all time smilie
---
#19 Posted: 16:00:49 11/03/2015
Way back when OtGW first aired, I had a dream influenced by it! Here it is! I'd love feed back!

I was in a park with this old guy and his Gray Hound, we start walking towards a tunnel we go trough the tunnel and go through the woods. Nothing really notable until we go to a small field. In the field is a small river and a cottage. The old man, dog and I go inside the cottage and see it's also a bakery. We ask "How do we get back home?" We went through the tunnel, but we can't go back". No one had a clue what we we're talking about. I go outside to look around while the old man tried to settle things out in the bakery. I walk over the river and meet some otters. They say that they want to leave with us, but they don't know how to leave. They say that there are dolls in the attic of the bakery who know how to leave but they can't go up to the dolls because they're animals.
So I go up the stairs on the outside of the bakery and enter the door. I look around and see the dolls on a table and they're making pasteries. Apparently the owners have been forcing them to make baked goods for them with out any pay. They say they will tell us the way, but only if they can come. I agree. We all wait until night, where the "baker" and his wife go out to buy for ingredients. All of a sudden my dog appears out of know where. I go up stairs to get the dolls and pick them up. We go down stairs and then The old man and his dog, my dog, the otters and I make a run for it The dolls tell us where to go and we finally find the tunnel and go through.
We get out and I go to a river to put the otters in the water. Then the rest of us go home.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:27 11/03/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#20 Posted: 16:11:40 11/03/2015
I might have to look this up.

It seems interesting.
---
^ You all know it's true
#21 Posted: 18:56:26 11/03/2015
^You really should. It's an awesome show smilie

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Way back when OtGW first aired, I had a dream influenced by it! Here it is! I'd love feed back!

I was in a park with this old guy and his Gray Hound, we start walking towards a tunnel we go trough the tunnel and go through the woods. Nothing really notable until we go to a small field. In the field is a small river and a cottage. The old man, dog and I go inside the cottage and see it's also a bakery. We ask "How do we get back home?" We went through the tunnel, but we can't go back". No one had a clue what we we're talking about. I go outside to look around while the old man tried to settle things out in the bakery. I walk over the river and meet some otters. They say that they want to leave with us, but they don't know how to leave. They say that there are dolls in the attic of the bakery who know how to leave but they can't go up to the dolls because they're animals.
So I go up the stairs on the outside of the bakery and enter the door. I look around and see the dolls on a table and they're making pasteries. Apparently the owners have been forcing them to make baked goods for them with out any pay. They say they will tell us the way, but only if they can come. I agree. We all wait until night, where the "baker" and his wife go out to buy for ingredients. All of a sudden my dog appears out of know where. I go up stairs to get the dolls and pick them up. We go down stairs and then The old man and his dog, my dog, the otters and I make a run for it The dolls tell us where to go and we finally find the tunnel and go through.
We get out and I go to a river to put the otters in the water. Then the rest of us go home.

I can see why you associate it with Over the Garden Wall. That sounded like a neat dream. I haven't dream anything in a long time, but it would be nice to have something as imaginative and fantastic as that.
---
#22 Posted: 19:14:36 11/04/2015
Finally got around to watching the whole series. It truly was such a masterpiece of animation, definitely up there with my favourite Cartoon Network shows. It has a very mystic and eerie feel and feels like it's building up something huge, and the pay-off was definitely worth it. They conveyed the feeling of adventure almost perfectly, the characters are loveable, the art style and colour pallet are used just so darn well too. At the same time as me wanting more, I still feel very satisfied with it's ending, which is what any great series should do. Also, thinking of cosplaying Wirt. :U
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#23 Posted: 19:19:26 11/04/2015
it has such high praise i feel like i should check it out
#24 Posted: 03:09:58 23/04/2015
I just watched it again, and I noticed things I never noticed before. I bet if I watch it again, I will still discover new things. It may be a mini series, but there are tons of things to pay attention to. I'm serious, this has become one of my favorite cartoons of all time. It's just so good! smilie
---
#25 Posted: 01:04:02 21/05/2015
Here it is! The Tome of the Unknown!

---
#26 Posted: 04:16:14 21/05/2015
I just watched it. Thank you so much for putting it! It was about time they showed it! I've been wanting to see it ever since I watched the series. It's certainly much more cheerful than the series itself, and Beatrice's voice is very different, but it was certainly a nice little short smilie
---
#27 Posted: 06:59:17 22/05/2015
[User Posted Image]
Going to London MCM Comic Con today as Wirt. smilie
#28 Posted: 18:20:29 22/05/2015
That is so cool! Let more people know about that amazing show! smilie
---
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#29 Posted: 04:56:46 03/11/2015 | Topic Creator
reviving this because i rewatched this recently for halloween
#30 Posted: 05:09:14 03/11/2015
My mom and I watched it on Halloween since I got the DVD. She watched it for the first time and she really loved it. The perfect animated series to watch on Halloween. We slept late because she wanted to watch every single episode. She was left wanting more, and when I told her about the pilot, Tome of the Unknown, we watched that as well smilie
---
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#31 Posted: 05:20:42 03/11/2015
I really enjoyed watching this show! My favorite was definitely "Lullaby In Frogland".

---
Hail to the King, baby!
#32 Posted: 11:39:28 03/11/2015
I hope to God CN shows this every year.
---
#33 Posted: 17:13:21 03/11/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I hope to God CN shows this every year.

They showed it on Halloween for obvious reasons. I hope that's not the only time they show it though. They must air it more often than just once a year. CN has so many junk cartoons that over the Garden Wall came as a rare gem. It really was a while since they came up with something that good. The only other show airing that is decent enough (though I don't watch it very often) is Steven Universe. I'm aware that Adventure Time had high reviews as well, but I never liked that one smilie
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#34 Posted: 23:54:58 03/11/2015
Saw an episode of it last night...

pretty weird stuff
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#35 Posted: 02:11:22 04/11/2015
Which episode? The series as whole is very weird indeed, but the plot is worth it, I guarantee it. And the animation is a mixture of that of today and the one that was used back in the 30s. That is especially noticeable on Chapter 8.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#36 Posted: 18:59:10 04/11/2015
I watched it last month and I loved it. It's pretty different compared to most cartoons nowadays. It feels almost like a Disney movie in a way.

My two favorite episodes have to "Hard Times in the Huskin' Bee" and "The Ringing of the Bell".
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#37 Posted: 01:12:02 06/11/2015
I still yet to watch it, but I've heard it's amazing so I will watch it eventually.

i love CN's shows today for the most part. I think Gumball and Steven Universe are pretty good, and Adventure Time and Regular Show are two of my favorite cartoons ever. not to say they don't have bad ones though, like Teen Titans Go or Uncle Grandpa. But this miniseries is hands down their best show imo.

We Bare Bears is another good one that aired not that long ago.
I love most of CN's modern shows, especially Regular Show, We Bare Bears and Adventure Time. I also like Steven Universe, but it's fanbase is unbearable. I've always liked Cartoon Network and it's the only kids network that hasn't gone downhill tbh.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:14:36 06/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#38 Posted: 01:56:42 06/11/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I still yet to watch it, but I've heard it's amazing so I will watch it eventually.

We Bare Bears is another good one that aired not that long ago.
I love most of CN's modern shows, especially Regular Show, We Bare Bears and Adventure Time. I also like Steven Universe, but it's fanbase is unbearable. I've always liked Cartoon Network and it's the only kids network that hasn't gone downhill tbh.

We Bare Bears is pretty good indeed. I loved the episode Chloe, but it's a show I would watch just as simple entertainment rather than a firm following. And funny you should mention fanbases. There are many good series out there, but there are times that the fanbase simply infuriates you. That moment when you want to get into something and you are thrown off because of those odd fan arts and whatnot. It's almost the same case with Youtube comments. I love reading the comments because some people have perspectives that would never had occurred to you, but other people just post the stupidest of things I just have to stop smilie
---
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#39 Posted: 05:26:38 06/11/2015
Watched the whole thing this Halloween and loved it. It's storytelling elements were superb and the plot twists were unreal.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me