Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Grumbles and observations. [CLOSED]
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#1 Posted: 03:39:42 10/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Couldn't resist the opportunity to snag Diggs after hearing how hard he was to get and how awesome that price was for him. Didn't have enough gems so I buckled and bought a gem pack, the 2k gems and 50 wish stones pack. First time it seemed to glitch and nothing showed in account and said paid zero. Second time it went through. Got Diggs, I now have a really nice roster of companions 37/47 and am actually in pretty good shape for level 22. 141 skylanders though only 2 alter egos, I did splurge when Wolfgang showed up this afternoon and spun for 2.

But I have to say the coding on this game seems poor. I leveled from 21 to 22 almost 2 hours ago and finished the timed ice cream from snack bar quest (for a gift shop), rearranged topiaries and did some tweaks to my islands. Now 20 minutes ago it suddenly siezes up trying to save and then reverts back to several hours ago, before the level up. Thankfully I'll still finish the timed quest with a little time to spare, but I'd think leveling up would trigger a save, but apparently not. Several quests have been rolled back as well.

Now we look at our iTunes and there's a $22 and a $26 charge there from the Diggs deal, the 26 is legit, the 22 was never delivered. How do I contest that or get that refunded it was never delivered, I wouldn't have done two purchases.

Been tempted on some of these houses like small fry and trigger snappy, what level of advancement in game should I be to make them a good investment?

At this point I take screenshots of my kingdom with each level and my companions roster regularly too, seems the poor support may corrupt my game again at any time.

As I start to settle into the long grind any tips? Sending swappers to cloudbreak was a great one, and making sure to put almost exclusively giants and swaps in sanctuary has been big. I think I can generate a couple million gold a day. Does order of SL in the sanctuary matter?
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#2 Posted: 09:58:41 10/11/2014
When your iTunes receipt comes to your email, you can report a problem though the email and the refund is painless. Or, you can log into your apple account online and do the same.

I personally say snag all the companion houses you can. I have all of them and easily pull in 1,000 gems a week.
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 13:04:51 10/11/2014
Quote: Kfool
Does order of SL in the sanctuary matter?

In a way, yes. The first slot is guaranteed gold, so it's best to put your highest gold earner (the swappers if you have the Hip Brothers companion or Giants if you have Gigantus but not the Hip Brothers) in the first slot. The second and third slot have a chance at earning wish stones or gems. It's OK to put a swapper or giant if you have them to spare, in case you get gold, but definitely make sure the first spot is your highest earner.
#4 Posted: 13:55:54 10/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm actually pretty fortunate in terms of companions, I have Gigantus and Gorm and Tuk, also have Mac, Ermit, Fiznik, Willowbark, Diggs, Arbo, Cherry, Flynn, Cali. I've got most of the biggies, saving for Rufus and eventually Tessa. The fans, chieftess and the kudos companions can wait.

Some elements I'm actually able to put two swaps and a giant in and still have a swap free for bats. I've been mostly putting the giant in first, maybe should start putting the swap in the lead slot. I can put a giant and a swap in each element's sanctum at a minimum, and have the third one be a special, trap master or legendary without issue.

On pace for the upgraded tech sanctuary, I hope the timed quests for the other elements still come available at some point, I had magic and fire upgraded before my game got restarted. Those two sanctums and Mystic Star Strike are the main things I haven't been able to replace, oh and Holiday wash buckler we won by spin at level 5, will have to keep an eye out for him.

What is the typical haul from a character's specific house? I've seen 5 gems from small fry but gems haven't been that common.
---
#5 Posted: 14:39:00 10/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Oh and another grumble, Lost Islands doesn't yet recognize Dark skylander codes as distinct from normal codes, Legendary seems to be the same way, at least for Deja Vu
---
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#6 Posted: 14:52:12 10/11/2014
The Trap Team Darks and Legendaries don't seem to be coded into the game yet, so their codes don't work...yet.

Based on what's happened in the past, when the characters do get coded in, you'll be able to re-enter your code and get the character, so basically a 2 for 1 deal.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 17:12:03 10/11/2014
Yeah, I wouldn't grumble about the dark and legendaries. If you get them in before they code them, then you get the regulars and can get the variants when they are coded in. That's how they've always done it. They usually disperse the variants throughout the weekly updates to spread them out. I'm surprised they haven't already. The only single character they've added was Small Fry. I thought it was a bit too early for him, since the 2-pack mini set wasn't available, but as I said before, it's probably to get people to buy the buddy pack so they can have him an fulfill the timed quest with his hut.
kaferserene Green Sparx Gems: 357
#8 Posted: 17:46:47 10/11/2014
Quote:
What is the typical haul from a character's specific house? I've seen 5 gems from small fry but gems haven't been that common.

You get 3-6 gems on a gem payout from a character house or hall of legends. It doesn't seem that often until you have quite a few houses. I have most of the houses at this point, and i usually have 2-5 houses with a gem payout. My estimate would be that these pay out gems about 15% of the time.
#9 Posted: 17:48:22 10/11/2014 | Topic Creator
It's not a large grumble by any means smilie My wife and I are likely getting Trap Team for the kids for Christmas, so I'm not really in a hurry. I've gotten a number of TT codes from the internet thus far. I got a code or two from the internet for some Darks and Legendaries but they're not coded yet. No worries.

Small Fry I gave in and paid gems for, couldn't help it. Will look for a code or get the buddy pack for the kids, get the gems back. My kids love the sidekicks even just on Lost Islands on the ipad. They get lots of "awww so cute!" responses.

All of these are small grumbles other than concerns that my game will get wiped again. I'm sure Activision doesn't have a ton of programming resources allocated to this little game compared to the game itself across all the different platforms.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me