Page 1 of 1
BEST level?? [CLOSED]
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#1 Posted: 01:25:23 04/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay I know people love to give this game a hard time, but I think it is safe to say it's not all bad. In fact, parts of it are really neat and at the very least show obvious potential.

So what was your favorite level in the game? Why?

Personally, I think Thieves Den is an amazing level that at times even goes beyond "has potential" and is just "wow actually that was a good level." It shows that the creators did have imagination and creativity and is even kinda sad, because it shows that the game could've been a lot cooler if they had had the time to finish it. And I just love the thieves haha
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#2 Posted: 03:51:03 04/11/2014
I've always enjoyed the honey place and the island level. But I never thought the npc's fitted those two levels...
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#3 Posted: 04:05:35 04/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: dragondog
I've always enjoyed the honey place and the island level. But I never thought the npc's fitted those two levels...

I can see how the NPCs fit the island level. I mean, the enemies are a tiki (island-y) and a tourist, and the guys you help out are pigs, and pork is a REALLY common Hawaiian meal? But I honestly have no idea where the NPCs from Honey Marsh came from, they make no sense..
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#4 Posted: 17:19:31 04/11/2014
I didn't understand the Honey Marsh NPCs either at first until I remembered that gators live in swamps and marshes.

Anyway, my favourite level is either Dragonfly Dojo, Honey Marsh or Jurassic Jungle.
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#5 Posted: 18:58:43 04/11/2014
For me, every level in the game is awesome. This game is my second favorite game of all time. The levels that were really given effort into was every level after Crop Circle Country IMO. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say Honey Marsh for the overall story and presentation of this level. Alternatively, Cloud 9 and Monkey Monastery have amazing music and design. The whole game is just so great to me. I've beaten it 100% on both PS2 and GameCube probably more than 6 times on each console.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#6 Posted: 17:23:30 24/11/2014
none just kidding...
honey marsh
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#7 Posted: 22:12:45 04/12/2014
Honestly I enjoyed all of them equally. But possibly the Hawaii themed one the best. It just seemed to have a cool design and had that chill vibe in it. Honey Marsh, the thief levels, I liked them too, but they were a bit challenging and frustrating for my age back then. So the island one left the biggest impression on me.
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#8 Posted: 22:09:13 05/12/2014
Quote: Cynder28
Honestly I enjoyed all of them equally. But possibly the Hawaii themed one the best. It just seemed to have a cool design and had that chill vibe in it. Honey Marsh, the thief levels, I liked them too, but they were a bit challenging and frustrating for my age back then. So the island one left the biggest impression on me.

Is that Laua Island?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#9 Posted: 11:02:45 06/12/2014
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Is that Laua Island?

I just googled it and yep! That's the one. Luau Island.
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#10 Posted: 18:48:56 08/12/2014

I just googled it and yep! That's the one. Luau Island.

I find Luau Island's design to be kind of boring. Maybe because of the slow framerate combined with the slow water movement. But it still is a great level.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#11 Posted: 19:07:48 08/12/2014
If I must name my favourite level from Enter the Dragonfly, it has to be Thieves’ Den. I just don’t know exactly why but that level has some unique aura. It’s mystic, eastern themes and dark moonlight atmosphere give the level personal design when compared to anything that had been made in console Spyro universe at that point. With its gems, diamonds and limitless shiny riches and nostalgic essence of infamous “Nyaah. nyaah” gang, it truly feels a HQ of notorious crime organization in The Dragon Realms.

It’s challenges were also just challenging enough. Electric platform mission was actually nice to play and its speedway required more thought than the other two in the game. To my personal playing experience the whole level was the biggest success of the game. That is all I am able to say right to this instance.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#12 Posted: 03:01:58 14/12/2014
Definitely Honey Marsh. The environment is ver original and actually looks good.

Thieves' Den was also pretty cool, and Dragonfly Dojo was nice. The hub itself was pretty decent, ditto for Cloud Nine and Monkey Monestary.

In terms of pure level design, I think Luau Island was best, but I haven't played a level past that for a long time. smilie
patho38 Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#13 Posted: 11:18:58 15/02/2015
I'd say for me it's either Cloud 9 or Monkey Monastery. Cloud 9 because I thought the level design and characters (those bears were pretty cool) were interesting and I like Monkey Monastery naturally since I was such a big fan of Icy Peak and Frozen Altars from YotD.
XSpyrashX Green Sparx Gems: 219
#14 Posted: 04:57:54 11/05/2015
I think I'm gonna go with Thieves Den
---
Anything Spyro taught me, the best way to escape your problems is through enjoyment
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#15 Posted: 08:03:45 28/05/2015
Thieves' Den is really damn creative.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#16 Posted: 19:50:10 24/08/2015
Thieves' Den for sure. I love the way they brought the thieves back in and made them kind of the good guys, and the music in that level is in my opinion the best in the whole series. I also really like Cloud 9, it's just really cute smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#17 Posted: 20:13:20 24/08/2015
Monkey Monastery. I love the snow falling effect and the music, and I just find it beautiful. Second favourite would probably be Cloud 9.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#18 Posted: 22:15:16 30/08/2015
Dragonfly Dojo is a good tutorial level. I found it to simple though.
Crop Circle Country, ugh. I hate those dinosaurs with the laser guns and bill. just famer bill was so stupid and annoying- ugh!
Luaha Island. nice level, saving those pigs and their diolouge was funny. and the swimming feature made it a calming and chill level.
Cloud 9. the music was really fun to listen to and level design it was trippy.
Monkey Monastery. very fun level. i liked it
Honey Marsh really creative level that reminded me of Honeyhive Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy
Theives Den. Hard Challenging level that really creeped me out but i enjoyed it
Jurrasic Jungle- love the volcanic, prehistoric kinda vibe goin on.
And If a hub world would count then i'd say The Dragon Realms in this game left quite an impression on my espicially with its relaxing music. Really, the music in this game is excellent. However, if Enchated Forest made it into this game than it'd be my most favorite level.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:46 05/09/2015 by Bryman04
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me