Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
2014-11-04 Update [CLOSED]
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#1 Posted: 18:08:29 03/11/2014 | Topic Creator
So the new update is here and we have...

- Islands have returned to bright, looks strange after a month of darkness!
- 33% off all Premium Community buildings until Nov 6th
- New Villain - The Gulper (Water) - Raises your Luck Meter twice as fast for 4 hours
- Small Fry is officially added to the game
- Small Fry's House is here! 350 Gems

New missions:

- Own Small Fry, Own his house and collect from it 5 times. 6 days to complete, reward of a fire shrine
- Tech Sanctum mission is up - 15 Orville collections, 20 Sanctuary collections, 275 Tech Adventures. 20 days to complete, reward of the Tech Sanctum
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:14:26 03/11/2014 by ABennett
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 18:43:08 03/11/2014
The Gulper is arguably the worst villain on Lost Islands, yet. He's only good at the beginning of the month when the new alter ego is available. Unless they start offering more grand prizes, he's a waste, unless you happen to get him when you're tossing for the alter ego at the beginning of the month.

Glad to see a new sidekick house. Strange, though, that they've already put Small Fry in with his house when the mini pack isn't available, yet. I guess there have been sightings of the Walmart exclusive buddy pack, so he's considered officially released. Giving us a timed quest for his house is just a way to tempt people to go get the buddy pack instead of waiting to get the mini 2-pack. The buddy packs, IMO, are a horrible idea, especially when the only way to get weeruptor (as far as we know) is to buy the mini 2-pack, so why buy the buddy pack?

I guess I'd better get to sending my tech Skylanders on adventures and get Small Fry. I just have to debate on spending gems on him or just spin until I get him. We may, more than likely, get the mini, eventually, but since the 2-pack doesn't look to be released until close to or after Christmas, it may end up being my son's birthday in May before we get him. I'm sure whatever Christmas money he will get will go towards trap masters.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#3 Posted: 19:58:19 03/11/2014
I will spin for Small Fry. He's the only skylander I haven't already spun for and I have the gold so no problems.

I have run out of space on my central island to house both all of my shrines and all of my huts (other than halls of legends, which already don't fit). With this new fire shrine, I'm going to have to start moving giant houses to my magic island where my halls of legend are.

I'm not enamored with having to pause the levelling of all my new skylanders to fulfill this tech sanctum quest, but I'll definitely do it.

obidawsn, you're forgetting there are a fair number of newer players that don't or can't save up stones to ensure they get the new alt on day one. Gulper will be a benefit for those players. That's fine by me. None of the villain bonuses are all that great. They need to save the great bonuses for companions after all.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 07:31:10 04/11/2014
Quote:
- Islands have returned to bright, looks strange after a month of darkness!

Eeep all that green has blinded me .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#5 Posted: 08:46:29 04/11/2014
You forgot to mention that we have

technology month

now.

And we are back on track with 15 collections from orville.

Btw.: May someone give me a big slap, cause i bought smal fry (Philip J?) for gems instead of spinning for him .. ;-)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#6 Posted: 14:14:01 04/11/2014
I got the "Tech Appreciation" month splash screen on the way in this morning. And below that it told me to keep checking my Undead Skylanders because I never know what will come out of the grave.

I think someone forgot to update the message ...
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#7 Posted: 18:18:58 04/11/2014
I managed to not have the ipad up at all after Saturday Night. Missed all the changes. But when I did log on, it took 2 tries to get everything up. At least I got to start my tech appreciation month with a collection from Orville--I know some people still end up a day behind because they collect BEFORE they get the mission

It might be interesting to see if the undead rise--but I'm betting you're right, It's just a not-updated message
#8 Posted: 18:38:14 04/11/2014
Well...I'm still getting those graveyard trolls...
---
#9 Posted: 20:31:06 04/11/2014
oooh! Me, too! now that you remind me
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#10 Posted: 21:57:46 04/11/2014
Quote: obidawsn
The Gulper is arguably the worst villain on Lost Islands, yet. He's only good at the beginning of the month when the new alter ego is available. Unless they start offering more grand prizes, he's a waste, unless you happen to get him when you're tossing for the alter ego at the beginning of the month.

If you're a newer player and throwing in stones as you get them throughout the month like my son, it could be very useful. For those of us with 20K+ stones, yes, it's pretty useless.
#11 Posted: 16:42:13 05/11/2014
Quote: bjornolf

If you're a newer player and throwing in stones as you get them throughout the month like my son, it could be very useful. For those of us with 20K+ stones, yes, it's pretty useless.

Yes, it is good for those people, but the strategy to begin with has always been to save up stones first, even if you have to miss out on an alter ego. Though that's only known to those who are on these forums. Most people probably do just randomly throw them in as they get them. It's just hard to think that there are people who play who aren't on these forums smilie
#12 Posted: 21:18:32 05/11/2014
SMALL FRY

The missions for Small Fry's Hut and for Small Fry himself overlap.

There is a general mission to own SF, his hut and collect from it 5x

SF
Own SFH & place fire decorations
Use SF for Chompies, Trolls and sheep

SFH
Use Small Fry to Activate Hut & Collect 5x
Use SF to clear chompies, clear 10 Chompy mounds; capture 10 chompies

I'm sure it doesn't matter to everyone what comes up when...but if you're trying to maximise your time in LI--it may help to get these missions concurrently. I know I was frustrated at having him in his hut so much that I didn't get to level him up, and then trying to have him in the hut to collect, but them not having him free for mobs.

I know, minor compared to people who can't buy his hut, or even more people who are still waiting on bug fixes...but this is just by way of FYI
#13 Posted: 21:31:42 05/11/2014 | Topic Creator
After the SFH mission to clear chompies he then gets one to clear/capture sheep as well.
#14 Posted: 21:47:48 05/11/2014
Thanks, I''ll keep that in mind.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#15 Posted: 14:58:01 06/11/2014
Sheep-creep is making "Calm and Collective" take 3x as long to do, lol. Which is just as well I guess, not much else to do. =)
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#16 Posted: 17:46:16 06/11/2014

Yes, it is good for those people, but the strategy to begin with has always been to save up stones first, even if you have to miss out on an alter ego. Though that's only known to those who are on these forums. Most people probably do just randomly throw them in as they get them. It's just hard to think that there are people who play who aren't on these forums smilie

Ah, but even if you follow that strategy, if you're in the first couple months of that cycle, it can help you build up your wish stone stores.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:47:00 06/11/2014 by bjornolf
#17 Posted: 17:45:38 07/11/2014

Ah, but even if you follow that strategy, if you're in the first couple months of that cycle, it can help you build up your wish stone stores.

True, but he's still only worthwhile when you have a grand prize in the well.
#18 Posted: 19:48:04 08/11/2014
And today's sale has shrines at 75% off! 75 gems for shrines? I finally maxed out (I had 3 of 4 different elements) and only had to buy 6 to have 3 of them all! now when the tech mission is over, I'll get "extra shrines"

That combined with the gem pack offer of +30 wish stones makes me wonder if they're just helping 'new' players win K/O Jawbreaker or if there will be another wishing weekend?

Thanksgiving/Black Friday specials??
#19 Posted: 13:54:40 09/11/2014
They probably trying to make you spend all your gems before black Friday . I imagine we will see more of these 75 % sales.

I bought a tech and water shrine .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:55:56 09/11/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#20 Posted: 14:42:00 09/11/2014
75% off shrines is a very good deal.
---
#21 Posted: 23:36:27 09/11/2014
Well i would have kicked myself if i spent all my gems on that bargain.
---
#22 Posted: 15:11:19 10/11/2014
well, believe it or not--I DID use all my gems on that deal--I had 305 gems and when it was over, I looked at my 5 gems and seriously--it was the lowest number we've had for a while.
Even thought we just bought Diggs, we still had almost 400 gems after that, and then small fry's house to buy.

That was late that night, hubby took the ipad to work and played offline all say and didn't see the sales.
hubby looked at it an hour later and "WHAT did you buy?"
This morning, I've opened it up to 214 gems and will more than likely have 6-700 by week's end
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#23 Posted: 15:54:19 14/11/2014
Along with the update, there's a typo on the Trap Master House which says "Trap Force" instead of "Trap Master". Seems like it's almost unnoticable, but I was the excpetion for finding it.

Edit: One minor mistake, sorry!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:54 14/11/2014 by Garygoh884
#24 Posted: 18:08:33 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Ironic that you would make a typo while reporting that. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me