Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Alter ego... [CLOSED]
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#1 Posted: 10:06:54 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Doesn't it seem early to be giving us a trap master via the wishing well (Knockout Jawbreaker)? Last year in November it was Birthday Bash.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 10:53:32 01/11/2014
I am not complaining .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 12:24:13 01/11/2014
Not like Dr. Krankcase is as useful as the rest. He only halves the cost for the Sanctums, even if most of the advanced players have probably way too much energy to spare. But if they released a second Undead villain, maybe the same will happen to the other elements,and saving up the Tech Traps will be useful.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#4 Posted: 12:55:06 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I am not complaining .

More of an observation that I may not have noticed had I not purchased the regular Jawbreaker earlier this past week, prior to the hints on the load up screen. Either way, the alter egos of Swap Force characters did not start until December last year and I thought it interesting that this time around we got one at the first possible opportunity.
On another note, I am getting close to the price for my next Trap Master, should I go with Krypt King or Bushwhack?
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
#5 Posted: 13:54:05 01/11/2014
Quote:
Not like Dr. Krankcase is as useful as the rest.

He is more useful then fire villain. Not sure about earth villain yet .
---
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#6 Posted: 17:34:56 01/11/2014
the earth villain is the chest one...Some people say he's a pretty good bonus, I disagree...never more than 200 gold perr jump.
#7 Posted: 20:04:00 01/11/2014
As much as these TrapMasters are fun to play with , Swoppers are more valuable and profitable . I guess it had to level off sometime .
---
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 21:17:12 01/11/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:
Not like Dr. Krankcase is as useful as the rest.

He is more useful then fire villain. Not sure about earth villain yet .

Halving the energy cost of sanctums is possibly the best bonus any of the Villains give you. That really cranks up gold production from the sanctums. (This assumes you need gold production, which most of us, including me, do. But not everyone.)
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 21:22:21 01/11/2014
For me the problem isn't the gold production, it's the frequency I can collect.Sometimes forgetting to check the game means I can only collect once instead of twice, even if I'm with 60k energy after the horrid luck with the Alter Ego weekend. Maybe combined with Hermit, but I'm not even close to him in gems.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10 Posted: 22:48:22 01/11/2014
we have a giants only adventure, and swappers only adventures. I'm sure that is forthcoming for TMs.

ooh, how much fun could it be to have an alt-only adv??
#11 Posted: 22:51:04 01/11/2014
Only the swapper-only adventure is actually worth anything...
---
#12 Posted: 22:54:38 01/11/2014
the giant only adv came with giant companion,
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#13 Posted: 23:37:07 01/11/2014
I like that they gave us a trap master alter ego so early. That helps those who don't have the money to buy the game and every trap master element or for those waiting until Christmas. I just wish they had picked someone else (even though I find it a good alter ego) since we'll eventually have 3 Jawbreakers. A Trap Master alt of someone that there isn't already a variant, and especially if there's an element that's short, but we'd have to wait until the beginning of the year for them to get out of the element appreciation months for that.

As for giving us an alt of a "gimmick" Skylanders so early, I was surprised they even gave us an alt of a swapper (not less two of them). They didn't do that with Giants (except for the eventual Admiral Thumpback with kudos right before Swap Force was released). And with swappers being so good with their Mt. Cloudbreak adventure and getting double gold with a companion. Of course, you needed more swappers to make sure you have them free for sugar bats and trap masters to have them free for traptanium, that it makes more sense than Giants, since they weren't elemental based.

I do expect a companion to give us some extra bonus for trap masters, though.
#14 Posted: 19:55:47 03/11/2014
technically you don't have to have "more" trapmasters free. Depending on what you have (say, you have one of each that is available), then you just need to make sure you have ONE trapmaster free.

Because unlike the sugar bats where you had no idea what they might require for you to get 2 gems...
You KNOW in advance how many traps you have and what you might need. So just leaving free the 1-2 TrapMasters that you have low traps for is sufficient.

I doubt anyone ever has more than 1-2 traptanium deposits on their islands at any given time. With its short "show" time and relatively short "harvest" time, you won't have those guys tied up too long, and then you just switch your skylander TMs as needed. With the bats you need one of each element free ALL the time for max gem production

Giants are even less "necessary. Gold Chests being so rare, and not even element-specific.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 21:27:24 03/11/2014
You need at least a couple Trap Masters free. Traptanium can spawn in pairs (I've never seen more than two at once), and you cannot clear one before the other will de-spawn.
#16 Posted: 21:43:49 03/11/2014
okay--although I don't think I've been lucky enough to see them come in 2s--but that still is a lot better than 8 SF skylanders at anyone time
#17 Posted: 16:13:05 04/11/2014
Quote: BUGMom05
technically you don't have to have "more" trapmasters free. Depending on what you have (say, you have one of each that is available), then you just need to make sure you have ONE trapmaster free.

Because unlike the sugar bats where you had no idea what they might require for you to get 2 gems...
You KNOW in advance how many traps you have and what you might need. So just leaving free the 1-2 TrapMasters that you have low traps for is sufficient.

I doubt anyone ever has more than 1-2 traptanium deposits on their islands at any given time. With its short "show" time and relatively short "harvest" time, you won't have those guys tied up too long, and then you just switch your skylander TMs as needed. With the bats you need one of each element free ALL the time for max gem production

Giants are even less "necessary. Gold Chests being so rare, and not even element-specific.

Yeah. You don't necessarily need to have every element free, if you now, in advance, what traps you need. But having, at least 2, will allow you the possibility of sending one and keeping the other open, so you're not always keeping a Skylander from leveling up. You can keep switching them out, if you want. Once you get them leveled up, though, I guess that's not a problem, unless they give us a companion that gives them a hefty bonus like swappers.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#18 Posted: 03:05:28 06/11/2014
I haven't had more than two, but on my kids' game I have seen three - probably because they check in less frequently. Same with chompy pods and sugar bats - they regularly get three at a time.
#19 Posted: 03:29:43 06/11/2014
I check infrequently (1-2 times per day tops) and get almost zero traptanium or villains.
---
#20 Posted: 12:14:32 06/11/2014
I finally got two at one time, yesterday, but I had done a lot of clearing of my mobs because I had Small Fry's quest to clear mobs and had trapped Chill Bill and was looking for chests (which I ended up with a few gold chests...so made Chill Bill really awesome). I feel like it might be time to completely rearrange my islands to open up more space for them to spawn.
#21 Posted: 14:55:10 06/11/2014
I finally got 2 traptaniums at once myself this morning! I agree that Chill Bill is probably one of the best villains. When combined with Pain Yata or Buzzer Beak, he's even better. Too bad you can't trap Pain Yata yet. Not worth if to trap him with gems.
---
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#22 Posted: 15:03:52 06/11/2014
I trapped Pain once, just to clear his icon in the vault. Had him in combo with Buzzer, iirc so it was pretty decent, but still not worth 100 gems.

I have a triple going this morning. Chill Bill, Sheep Creep and Buzzer Beak. As I alluded to in another post, beware catching Sheep Creep if you have a quest to clear sheep mobs and you want to finish quickly. Only one sheep per camp with this one trapped. smilie
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
#23 Posted: 15:58:07 06/11/2014
Oh, and I'm also going about clearing more space on my islands. I would really be nice to have more space in storage. I hate the idea of selling buildings that take a long time to build. If they up the level cap, I'm going to want all those buildings back...
---
#24 Posted: 17:23:34 06/11/2014
Quote:
beware catching Sheep Creep if you have a quest to clear sheep mobs

Heck no . That sheep fatty coughs up the GREEN RESOURCE . smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me