Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Diggs - Worth the investment? [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 02:28:31 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I am not a gems buyer. I have saved up gems and spent them on the things to help get more gems as time went on. Today I have bought Softpaw (more sugarbats) I have one of each element swap force so extra 2 gems per bat, Captain White Claw (more chests spawn), Hyde (a free gem each day), Ruggles (more slots in elemental shrines for chance of gems) ROCKS with Dr. Krankcase trap, Duff (more chests from clearing stuff). Is buying Diggs the next logical step for unlocking the other gems items?
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#2 Posted: 05:57:31 01/11/2014
Diggs is in my opinion the safest/most reliable gem producer in the current game
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#3 Posted: 06:04:05 01/11/2014
At 50% off he is a massive bargain, a must buy if you have the gems.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:04:25 01/11/2014 by ABennett
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 07:25:00 01/11/2014
Cape girls gives gems once in a blue moon and buying producing houses also cough up gems . Diggs is for High level players . I assume you have Capy king ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#5 Posted: 17:40:19 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah I have Cape girl and Cap King. I am level 38 and tend to always have about 3m energy and a few m gold except when I buy a high level house. Only have about 10 companions I have not bought yet most being the 1k plus ones.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#6 Posted: 17:51:23 01/11/2014
At lower levels you might not have the gems/gold production to use Diggs regularly, but since he is not often available in game and is 2000 gems normally...if you can afford him, get him. It will be easier than waiting for him to return when you can use him.

Def Capy king and Cape girl for ease (taking troll/sheep to instant vs 10 minutes is pretty nice) Arbo and Ol' Mac make potions a "given" and you can always fill sanctuaries/sanctums.

But Diggs is definitely someone you want to have.
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#7 Posted: 18:40:16 01/11/2014
The ability to trade excess gold, energy, and kudos for a minimum of 25 gems in 24 hours is a good thing. And if you can get Diggs for 1/2 price, I would call that a no brainer.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 19:53:13 01/11/2014
Agree--total no-brainer. Especially at level 38.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#9 Posted: 19:54:53 01/11/2014
Quote:
Only have about 10 companions I have not bought yet most being the 1k plus ones.

How can anyone live on 10 companions ?
---
InitialFS Blue Sparx Gems: 640
#10 Posted: 12:59:36 02/11/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:
Only have about 10 companions I have not bought yet most being the 1k plus ones.

How can anyone live on 10 companions ?

I think he means he only has about 10 companions left to buy? But yeah, Diggs is definitely a no-brainer at level 38 and at half price if you could afford him.
---
Lost Islands Activate: InitialFS (10/9/14 - Spots Open)
#11 Posted: 13:30:04 02/11/2014
Oops my mistake . Yeah i should probably save up for Diggs too since i paid for a Rufus that was almost twice the price . Black Friday is about 3 weeks away .
---
#12 Posted: 23:25:41 02/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah I meant 10 left to buy and most are the large gem purchase ones only. I broke down and got it. I had saved up 1050 gems so it left me gem poor, however I am already back up to almost 200 with a large number of sugarbat spawns and a lot of clearing gems dropped for some reason. I wish things told you more about what they do because I didn't realize the return was 5 gems at the least each time. Well worth it so far waiting for my second gathering from it. With me getting it at 1k I will have it paid for by 40 days in the least.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#13 Posted: 04:38:42 03/11/2014
I just spent money to buy Diggs, as I had seen mention on Facebook that he is pretty rare. It cost me way more than I would like, and upon buying him, it tells me to place Molekin Mine, but I do not have that in my shop or inventory anywhere. Did I just waste a bunch of money?
---
Hail Sithis
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#14 Posted: 14:20:06 03/11/2014
Quote: LordElohim
I just spent money to buy Diggs, as I had seen mention on Facebook that he is pretty rare. It cost me way more than I would like, and upon buying him, it tells me to place Molekin Mine, but I do not have that in my shop or inventory anywhere. Did I just waste a bunch of money?

Once you've bought Diggs, the Molekin Mine should appear as available in the store for some nominal amount (maybe even free, I forget exactly). Just buy it and place it.
#15 Posted: 20:20:15 05/11/2014
the molekin mine was free

We went "rogue" and turned off WiFi and may have bumped the calendar a few days in order to generate the gems to get him.

So far, the gem production has been pretty steady at 25--but our first time in, he gave up 109. it made it possible to buy SmallFry's hut and now we just need to plug away for the next special offering
Skarlarth Green Sparx Gems: 477
#16 Posted: 14:01:40 07/11/2014
Wish I had seen this thread before I had used my gems to get 3 Alter Ego houses rather than Diggs...
/facepalm.

Oh well, as Dark fhoenix said, Black Friday (and winter) is coming.
---
Activate ID: Skarlarth
Wife's Activate ID: Mirabeeth
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#17 Posted: 16:08:35 07/11/2014
Diggs is definitely worth it - however, you really need Ol' Mac first. Without him, you probably won't have the energy production to run the Molekin Mine daily and still do your Sanctuaries/other things. Ol' Mac is a game changer. Diggs just gets you things faster and gives you an outlet for excess resources, but you need those resources first to benefit.
#18 Posted: 19:41:49 07/11/2014
I agree, ol' mac was really our game changer. Because of him we weren't spending 200K every time we turned around for potions., That how we were able to really start saving for the upgraded summoning stone AND our first little islands and the big-population houses

We were well on our way to not having to worry about money or gold--we just needed access to gems
#19 Posted: 20:20:25 07/11/2014
The thing about Ol' Mac is once he is purchased, he doesn't effect your daily costs. Arbo is cheaper, but to get his benefit you have to spend up to twice as much gold. Ol' Mac just makes energy problems go completely away. Once energy stops being a limiting factor, you can pretty much fully populate your Sanctuaries and that makes gold problems go away too, not to mention a healthy increase in gem production. Making energy and gold limitations minimized/go away really opens up your options. He is, by far, the first "expensive" companion to go after - save up and wait for a holiday and hope he comes back on sale, and don't be enticed to blow gems frivolously while waiting for him.
Skarlarth Green Sparx Gems: 477
#20 Posted: 15:31:11 10/11/2014
defpally and BUGMom05, Thank you for the advice!

Don't have Ol' Mac but I hardly have energy issues. With 100 Sheep Tops and regular crop planting (every 2-4 hours) I am sitting on over 4 million energy even filling all 8 of my sanctums / sanctuaries with 3 Skylanders 2x per day.

But I will definitely keep him in mind, but I think if it comes down to it I would still tag Diggs first if comes back and is on sale... and then come back and cry "I should have listened!" if my energy drops too low.

Back up over 600 gems from 50 after the last event so, just keep saving and watching! At least my alt ego houses I bought have been paying out decently smilie
---
Activate ID: Skarlarth
Wife's Activate ID: Mirabeeth
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#21 Posted: 16:12:07 10/11/2014
It all depends on how you use Diggs. I was confused by the remark about energy usage, but only because I normally use gold and forget there's an energy option. So if you have a good surplus of gold, you can just use it and not be concerned with Ol' Mac.
#22 Posted: 16:58:28 10/11/2014
Energy is cheaper than gold (a full planting of crops for me generates enough energy to run Diggs, only costing around 300k gold, versus depositing 500k directly on Diggs), and has no future use once you reach the point where your energy income overtakes your outlay. They may in the future add things to use gold on (like more islands or upgrades), and those tend to be pretty pricey gold-wise. That's why I use energy instead of gold on the Molekin Mine.
#23 Posted: 20:25:51 11/11/2014 | Topic Creator
defpally I am at level 39 now and I am keeping up without Ol' Mac. I am doing a combination of gold one day then next energy and I am kind of staying even. I may end up about 1/2 a million more gold per day. However I have a plan to get my income up a lot. However I do have an island full of gem houses and community buildings that also provide some free gold as well. My next major purchases will be Ol' Mac, Cali, Arboo, and Flynn with all 3 of those you can vastly increase your wealth I am sure. I am already up to 700 gems (after I bought Diggs I was under 50 gems) so I am hoping that I have them for the next major sale. I'll just keep saving up for these large gem ones (of the 4 I listed only Arboo is reasonable all others are many k gems). Thanks guys for pointing me down the right path with this buy he has been a great asset!
#24 Posted: 21:52:32 11/11/2014
We still don't have Cali or Flynn. Tessa, who we do have, seems pretty unnecessary for the later levels what with all the B&Bs and Acorn houses we've gotten.

We bought Arbo, and were marginally miffed that he seemed such a low boost (only Grave digger's were reduced by 50%; all others 25%) and it seemed he was a waste (for us) but now it seems more a case of "every little bit helps"
Just a few weeks after that we got Ol' Mac, and immediately were in the range of 1-2M potions. Once you're not spending 200K gold 2-3 times a day to keep up with energy needs, we found the money sort of came on its own.

That was in July, we managed to upgrade the summoning stone (15M) and buy wood stack and boat houses very soon after that. Also we were able to spin for all the skylanders we still didn't have. With the slowdown of level missions and new character missions, there just isn't anything to spend gold on.

We JUST got Diggs this last time around, but even without him we were at 50M and holding at level 41--just waiting for XP to level up to buy the small islands. We find ourselves at a loss to remember what we 'spent' activating the mine, because there is just "so much" of everything.

Just my 2 cents but gold just sort of takes care of itself, my tip would be to get Willowbark, Fiznik or Rufus in order to get the biggest XP boost to level your kingdom
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me