Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
That one figure... multiple times... [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 14:18:28 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I was looking at my figures today and got to wondering - do you have a particular figure that you've purchased multiple times for no good reason?

I'm not talking about variants (Shroomboom, Shroomboom Series 2, Lightcore Shroomboom, Metallic Shroomboom), I mean the same figure over and over.

I think my winner is series 1 Jet Vac.

He's in my Wii Starter, my Wii U starter, my Blue Wii Bundle, my Giants store display, both versions of the Battlegrounds starter and I imported him twice from AU, since the first seller shipped him in a freakin' bubble mailer. So, I have 8 Jet Vacs. Here's hoping he's in Eon's Elite Series 2. :D

Series 2 Cynder is almost as bad, but I only had to get her packaged once and the Wii starter had the GitD version of her (as did the 3DS starter) - leaving me at only six of her.

What's your one figure that, somehow, you've ended up with many times over?
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#2 Posted: 14:23:39 30/10/2014
I have a lot of the obvious, series 1 gill grunt.. Always see him a garage sales, and resale stores for .10 - .50 cents, and can't pass him up!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#3 Posted: 14:36:51 30/10/2014
When Gamestop started trading in Skylanders, I traded in eight series 2 Cynders
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 14:49:50 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylander_chaos
I have a lot of the obvious, series 1 gill grunt.. Always see him a garage sales, and resale stores for .10 - .50 cents, and can't pass him up!

I have to admit, when I've seen armies of Tree Rex for cheap at trade-in shops, I've considered buying them all.

I figure, one of these days, the toy really will come to life and then I'll be set to take over the world.
minikaboom Green Sparx Gems: 356
#5 Posted: 15:54:38 30/10/2014
Quote: UncleBob
I was looking at my figures today and got to wondering - do you have a particular figure that you've purchased multiple times for no good reason?

Tree Rexes, Jet Vacs, and Cynders that we literally can't give away. Some thoughts on what to do with them:

1. Give them to the kids as actual toys
2. Do cutting-edge scientific research, i.e. torture tests with the blender, propane torch, running over w/ car etc.
3. Custom paint jobs
4. Use as guinea pigs for hacking
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 16:33:51 30/10/2014
I have 3 Pop Thorn, one from the Tower of Time expansion, one I found used for $4 and one in single pack I keep in his packaging.
---
bye
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7 Posted: 18:10:20 30/10/2014
Quote:
He's in my Wii Starter, my Wii U starter, my Blue Wii Bundle, my Giants store display, both versions of the Battlegrounds starter and I imported him twice from AU, since the first seller shipped him in a freakin' bubble mailer. So, I have 8 Jet Vacs. Here's hoping he's in Eon's Elite Series 2. smilie

Series 2 Cynder is almost as bad, but I only had to get her packaged once and the Wii starter had the GitD version of her (as did the 3DS starter) - leaving me at only six of her.

Not really your fault if they added with the Starter Packages .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#8 Posted: 07:53:04 31/10/2014
for me it's spyro, got one from the original starter (pc) one from the original starter (3ds/dark) one from the trap team starter (dark) and i'm planning on buying the new eon's elite spyro aswell.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#9 Posted: 08:13:02 31/10/2014
Series 1 Stealth Elf. 2 come from 3ds starter packs, 2 single packs, and one in a triple pack = 5 of that plastic toy with a chip inside.
I own too much of her anyway if you count other versions too..... my god I need to sell all of them....

I want to start an army of Blades' with my friend....
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#10 Posted: 09:11:28 31/10/2014
Spyro, I got S1, S1 Dark, Legendary, S2(or 3 idk) Dark and Spry
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#11 Posted: 11:53:37 31/10/2014
Umm... I have a lot of cynders and whirlwinds for some reason.

Cynder- 4 s1, 3 s2, 1 GITD, 1 s3
Whirlwind- 2 s1, 3 s2, 1 polar, 1 s3
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#12 Posted: 12:21:10 31/10/2014
I had a few doubles of characters from buying single packs, but then having them in a triple when I couldn't find one or two characters in the triple. However, I'd give them away at school. I had one boy in class last year who was lucky he ever got the game but wasn't getting any other figures (or was extremely lucky if he could). I felt bad for him since his friends all had large collections, so with his parents permission, I'd secretly give him all my doubles. However, I have never had any more than two of any characters.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#13 Posted: 15:44:38 31/10/2014
Alot of Boomers and Ghost Roasters lol
3 Unopened Boomers, 1 Triple pack, 2 loose
1 Unopened Dark Light Crypt and, 2 loose
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#14 Posted: 03:46:27 11/11/2014
Just different Spyro versions. I try not to buy the same toy twice unless it stops working in game. (When that happens....TO THA USED GAME STORE! AWAY!)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me