Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Store Variants [CLOSED]
Ricky Karnage Blue Sparx Gems: 503
#1 Posted: 04:13:24 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I was not able to find a specific topic that covered this subject.

I've been collecting blindly and started to wonder what exactly do all the variants offer if anything? As far as I can tell only the Legendary and Nitro series provided a slight buff. Enchanted was just a paint change right?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:14:11 30/10/2014 by Ricky Karnage
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#2 Posted: 13:33:08 30/10/2014
That's pretty much correct. Most of the variants are just either for collectors or for people to decide which they think looks better. For example, I bought Nitro Krypt King and not regular Krypt King just because I like the color scheme better. Others feel the opposite.

The only variants that really offer anything extra special are the few that come with rare in-game hats, like Jolly Bumble Blast and Kickoff Countdown, and the Eon's Elite series that are 3x as powerful.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#3 Posted: 13:41:44 30/10/2014
As above, it does vary if any, and you have to be more specific on what variants might be different from the original.. I buy them all, but only as a hardcore collector..
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#4 Posted: 16:42:15 30/10/2014
Some of the variants (the ones that appear different in game) have at least one increased stat compared to their regular version. For exemple, Hot Dog has 60 Critical Hit and Molten Hot Dog has 100.
---
bye
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#5 Posted: 12:29:31 31/10/2014
It really depends on the game. As I remember from whomever reported it at the start of Swap Force, the SF game gave no stat changes to any variants. In game variants were just a different color and nothing more.

On a somewhat related side note, I find it rather disappointing that Nitro Krypt King does have some stat differences from his regular counterpart, but speed ISN'T one of them. Considering it's a nitro variant with a racing style checkered pattern, one would think speed boost. Sad to see Activision apparently still hates giving out extras to speed.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
CottonCandyKid Green Sparx Gems: 232
#6 Posted: 05:33:50 02/11/2014
Nitro Krypt King at Target

Legendary Nightmare Express pack, Deja Vu, and Jaw Breaker at TRU

Legendary traps at TRU sold with a comic book (right now only 1 of 3 available)

Dark Characters and Ultimate Kaos Trap only available in the dark edition starter pack, which is sold in several locations

Life trap with Riot Shredder trapped inside (going to have to go to ebay to get this one since it was only available at E3)

These are the only ones I have found so far. Anyone know of any others? Is there a thread or list somewhere?
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#7 Posted: 05:54:27 02/11/2014
Water Logholder trap with Outlaw Brawl and Chain at Target in the U.S(i think) and JBHifi in Australia.

there is also Life Toucan trap with Steamed Broccoli Guy, it comes in an 8 pack of traps. not sure where its being sold, it was for pre-order at walmart, but is now in a Target catalogue

there are also 3 other variant villains, but no info on them yet.

These following variants have been found in the 3DS version, but there is no release info on them yet.

Legendary Bushwhack
Nitro Head Rush
Winterfest Lob Star

King Cobra Cadabra
Love Potion Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz

Gnarley Barkley
Eggscellent Weeruptor
Power Punch Pet Vac
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#8 Posted: 06:24:15 02/11/2014
Anyone heard of any non in-game chase variants for STT yet?
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
CottonCandyKid Green Sparx Gems: 232
#9 Posted: 13:17:10 03/11/2014
Are any of those available yet?
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#10 Posted: 03:31:38 04/11/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos
Anyone heard of any non in-game chase variants for STT yet?

No ...not yet.

Quote: CottonCandyKid
Are any of those available yet?

No they arn't yet....those of us that have the 3DS game saw them in the collection chamber like min8or stated above.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:48:30 04/11/2014 by Phoenix_Lord
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me