Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > So... did you need a Boomer or Ghost Roaster?
Page 1 of 1
So... did you need a Boomer or Ghost Roaster? [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 01:44:23 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Has anyone looked at GameStop and their used figure selection?

http://www.gamestop.com/access...cter-pack/98593 Boomer - $13.99
http://www.gamestop.com/access...ter-pack/118204 Ghost Roaster - $27.99
http://www.gamestop.com/access...e-bundle/118089 - Hm. $99.99
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#2 Posted: 02:04:44 30/10/2014
I'm actually shocked they are selling Nitro Magna Charge since he was a Target exclusive. That'd be up there with them selling legendary Skylanders. I hope they gave more than four dollars for each of those Skylanders listed in that bundle. $100 is ridiculous, but I guess we should be grateful they already knocked down the price from $130.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#3 Posted: 02:22:25 30/10/2014
i like how boomer is back online.
but i got mine on day 2 of SSA smilie
Ricky Karnage Blue Sparx Gems: 503
#4 Posted: 02:38:53 30/10/2014
Damn you can get better deals on Ebay.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#5 Posted: 03:21:59 30/10/2014
This further just shows what a ripoff company GameStop is looking to make a quick buck off us. They probably paid peanuts from $2-8 to people who traded these in. Parents probably came into various stores and just dumped their kids' collections for whatever credit or money they could get...probably fed up with the massive amounts of figures they keep releasing every year. They must have an internal Skylander expert advising them "hey guys...series 2 Bash is rare, so mark them up and sell them in a RARE lot." Maybe they even got their info off these forums. You expect a markup of $28 or higher for a used Ghost Roaster from an EBay seller or 3rd party seller on Amazon...not a respectable retailer. I know they make a killing off of reselling used games at a markup, but never expected that with these figures. Scalper mentality = GameStop - anything for a profit or a quick buck.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#6 Posted: 03:27:14 30/10/2014
Yep, anything! ANYTHING!!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Jesus Skywalker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1940
#7 Posted: 04:43:08 30/10/2014
Quote: mastermc54
This further just shows what a ripoff company GameStop is looking to make a quick buck off us. They probably paid peanuts from $2-8 to people who traded these in. Parents probably came into various stores and just dumped their kids' collections for whatever credit or money they could get...probably fed up with the massive amounts of figures they keep releasing every year. They must have an internal Skylander expert advising them "hey guys...series 2 Bash is rare, so mark them up and sell them in a RARE lot." Maybe they even got their info off these forums. You expect a markup of $28 or higher for a used Ghost Roaster from an EBay seller or 3rd party seller on Amazon...not a respectable retailer. I know they make a killing off of reselling used games at a markup, but never expected that with these figures. Scalper mentality = GameStop - anything for a profit or a quick buck.

I agree, and that is why the only things I will buy from CrapStop are things I absolutely can't get elsewhere new, which thankfully isn't much.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 12:46:58 30/10/2014
I have a store near me that had Boomer for $15. I went back, the other day, and he was $4.99. I'm not sure why the price drop. I almost wondered if I was mistaken and had to do a double take. I was almost bummed that I paid $10 for him from someone on craigslist, but then I realized that was several months ago as I got it for my son's birthday in May. Time does fly smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 12:53:05 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I thought the price for Boomer wasn't that bad.

Man, it seems like just yesterday that everyone was selling off gobs of figures to GameStop and celebrating in how much they got out of them...
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#10 Posted: 13:35:02 30/10/2014
Quote: UncleBob
I thought the price for Boomer wasn't that bad.

Man, it seems like just yesterday that everyone was selling off gobs of figures to GameStop and celebrating in how much they got out of them...

I agree, I saw the huge receipt someone posted after trading in figures they had acquired at garage sales (for $0.50 each if I remember correct). The prices seemed decent, compared to the usual Gamestop trade-in values.

That Boomer seems reasonable at $13.99 used to me, but then prices on these figures seems to rapidly fluctuate. One day everyone is scrambling for a particular figure, the next its someone else.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#11 Posted: 15:10:36 30/10/2014
The figures are also guarenteed to work. Unlike lots on the bay. That's what the big deal was when they were shipping them back to corporate to make sure they worked properly.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#12 Posted: 18:05:23 30/10/2014
Im ok ith gamestop doing this, becasue they are actually buying figures all over , making sure they work and selling them. If it gets some rarer ones in ppls hands that they need i'm all for it. Boomer aint so bad, ghost roaster is crazy at 27
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#13 Posted: 21:54:37 30/10/2014
Gamestop certainly doesn't test the figures they take in just as they don't test the games they take in, but yeah you can return them if they don't work. You can also return Skylanders to ebay sellers if they don't work, but depending on the seller, it may be more of a hassle.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 21:57:57 30/10/2014
i knew they had a plan...
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#15 Posted: 23:26:19 30/10/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
Im ok ith gamestop doing this, becasue they are actually buying figures all over , making sure they work and selling them. If it gets some rarer ones in ppls hands that they need i'm all for it. Boomer aint so bad, ghost roaster is crazy at 27

That is crazy, Walmart rereleased entire darklight crypt pack for less than that.. Plus you get no cards or codes when they are used..
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#16 Posted: 04:35:47 31/10/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
i knew they had a plan...

Why else would they begin taking in used skylanders smilie They did the same thing the first time they did trade ins before Giants came out
---
words. letters. filler.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#17 Posted: 05:00:05 31/10/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos
Quote: SlayerX11

That is crazy, Walmart rereleased entire darklight crypt pack for less than that.. Plus you get no cards or codes when they are used..

Thats true but currently finding a new dark light crypts in store is pretty much not going to happen.
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#18 Posted: 12:42:55 31/10/2014
Really wish they had a few of their exclusive Royal Double Troubles for sale other than as part of that $100 rare pack X_X
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#19 Posted: 17:28:30 31/10/2014
I didn't think that the price for Boomer was too bad, so I ordered it. I've had to rebuild the entire collection since my Ex refuses to send the figures over when my boys come, and I've been able to do much of that thanks to many of the retailers - mainly TRU - lowering their prices on SSA and SG figs. This has been one that's eluded me.
#20 Posted: 20:19:56 31/10/2014
Quote: Zook
Gamestop certainly doesn't test the figures they take in just as they don't test the games they take in, but yeah you can return them if they don't work. You can also return Skylanders to ebay sellers if they don't work, but depending on the seller, it may be more of a hassle.

Actually they do. That's why EVERYONE gets sent back to corporate :/
---
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#21 Posted: 04:06:06 01/11/2014
I feel that many of you haven't checked ebay recently for pricing on these figures. The gamestop prices are competitive.

I, too, have been rebuilding my collection due to some relationship misfortunes, and I can tell you that many of you are being too hard on gamestop simply because they're gamestop.

For instance, I just looked at ebay right now. The lowest priced buy it now boomer is $13.89. The four figure deal would cost me a little more than $22 a figure, and that's a good price for all four figures.
#22 Posted: 21:58:28 03/11/2014
Lowest boomer on ebay right now is 11.20 + 3.74 for shipping (14.94 total)

Lowest Ghost Roaster is 24 + free ship
Bash is 21.50 (But the next lowest is 28)
Double trouble is 38.86 + 4.12 for shipping (42.98 total)
Nitro Magna charge is 25 (with a bad paint job if you're okay with that. 28 for the next lowest.)

That's 109.01 RIGHT now if someone doesn't snag your lowest first, and 4.12 for shipping. A few of them do add tax too.

Or 99 + tax and you can use gamestops code SAVER for free shipping.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me