Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Look Up [CLOSED]
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#1 Posted: 02:28:58 29/10/2014 | Topic Creator

I don't think this has been posted yet.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 02:51:59 29/10/2014
I don't quite know how to feel about this. For one thing it's kinda hard to engage in conversation with people on the street when, like he says in the poem, people see that person as insane. This is especially true in a big metropolitan area where some random person striking conversation with everyone can make those people feel uncomfortable, not welcome and friendly.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#3 Posted: 02:54:23 29/10/2014
I'm usually awkward and uncomfortable around people IRL, soooooo........

But I do agree..
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:58:07 29/10/2014 by AvatariDragon
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#4 Posted: 03:03:31 29/10/2014
I have to disagree. Sure, no one likes someone who is on their phone 24/7, but just because someone uses this technology to talk to others does not make them any less of a person and does not make them Anti-social. In fact, the opposite is true. Many talk to others on devices like Phones and tablets because they can't communicate to these people in real life, many do it because it's more convenient for them to not drive 30 minutes to talk to someone for a bit. The fact that he called the newest generation the dumbest is untrue, these kids nowadays are scoring higher than ever before in history, and just because you are older than them, that doesn't make you any better than anyone else, and that's another big problem about the narrator. To me it just sounds like some old man saying "You kids get off your stinkin' Ipads and play outdoors! Back in my day...".

It all sound really pretty, but I don't like the message that comes across.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#5 Posted: 03:10:25 29/10/2014
Isn't that hypocritical?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:54 29/10/2014 by somePerson
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6 Posted: 03:11:38 29/10/2014
In a way I do have to agree though that technology has the potential to make someone anti-social, or encourage already existing signs of it.

I just think they undermine what social interactions online are capable of. Like most outsider POVs, they focus more on media sites like Facebook and Twitter than other forms of communication like forums or instant messaging.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#7 Posted: 03:14:15 29/10/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion
I have to disagree. Sure, no one likes someone who is on their phone 24/7, but just because someone uses this technology to talk to others does not make them any less of a person and does not make them Anti-social. In fact, the opposite is true. Many talk to others on devices like Phones and tablets because they can't communicate to these people in real life, many do it because it's more convenient for them to not drive 30 minutes to talk to someone for a bit. The fact that he called the newest generation the dumbest is untrue, these kids nowadays are scoring higher than ever before in history, and just because you are older than them, that doesn't make you any better than anyone else, and that's another big problem about the narrator. To me it just sounds like some old man saying "You kids get off your stinkin' Ipads and play outdoors! Back in my day...".

While you make a good point, I think the point was more along the lines of people aren't socializing like they should. Like you'll see friends go to a restaurant but instead of talking to each other they're texting other people or playing on facebook. I see it all the time on campus too, people walking together but not actually talking (I'm guilty of it, too). Or parents at grocery stores too busy talking or texting on their phones and not even paying attention to their kids. And I have kinda noticed that people don't really spend time together anymore, like they would rather spend time on facebook and try to impress their 900 friends even though they only regularly talk to maybe 15-20 of them.. or maybe that's just me. Everyone's faces are glued to their phones or whatever device they have in their hands. There are also those kids who have cell phones, like I've seen 12 year olds with iPhones, I mean come on...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#8 Posted: 04:18:16 29/10/2014
Everyone needs to see this video.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#9 Posted: 18:04:47 15/11/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

While you make a good point, I think the point was more along the lines of people aren't socializing like they should. Like you'll see friends go to a restaurant but instead of talking to each other they're texting other people or playing on facebook. I see it all the time on campus too, people walking together but not actually talking (I'm guilty of it, too). Or parents at grocery stores too busy talking or texting on their phones and not even paying attention to their kids. And I have kinda noticed that people don't really spend time together anymore, like they would rather spend time on facebook and try to impress their 900 friends even though they only regularly talk to maybe 15-20 of them.. or maybe that's just me. Everyone's faces are glued to their phones or whatever device they have in their hands. There are also those kids who have cell phones, like I've seen 12 year olds with iPhones, I mean come on...

They are so glued to their phones, they can't even stop using it in the car. These are the people that cause accidents, injuring, and sometimes killing people, because Facebook, or the latest viral video, or a text from a friend, is more important than that person's safety. My dad was in an accident, and now has a bad back, because some idiot was talking on their phone. He can barely get up to even do anything anymore, just because some guy's text was more important than looking at the road.
---
Dead
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#10 Posted: 18:10:30 15/11/2014
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: AvatariDragon

They are so glued to their phones, they can't even stop using it in the car. These are the people that cause accidents, injuring, and sometimes killing people, because Facebook, or the latest viral video, or a text from a friend, is more important than that person's safety. My dad was in an accident, and now has a bad back, because some idiot was talking on their phone. He can barely get up to even do anything anymore, just because some guy's text was more important than looking at the road.

This, I completely agree with, those sites and addictions to cell phones are just consuming people's lives. It's not good when you're on your cell phones almost literally 24/7. I recently got a cell phone but I really only use it at home to watch things on youtube on listen to music, I don't even take it with me anywhere.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#11 Posted: 20:20:50 15/11/2014
Longest Posts Of The Year award goes to this topic

((i thought this was going to e a Come Outside topic smilie ))
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#12 Posted: 06:54:36 16/11/2014
oh, I remember seeing that video
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me