Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic!
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic! [CLOSED]
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1 Posted: 05:46:52 27/10/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
Welcome to the All Purpose Amiibo topic! Here you can find news and discuss Nintendo's line of toys-to-life figurines!

----------------------
[User Posted Image]
----------------------

Amiibo are figurines made by Nintendo. They are used with certain Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, the effects of the figures change from game to game, but each figure allows you to unlock content used in the compatible games.

------------------------------
[User Posted Image]

---------------------------------
[User Posted Image]
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

----
Wave 2
----

[User Posted Image]

----
Wave 3
----

[User Posted Image]

-----
Wave 4
----

[User Posted Image]

----
Wave 5A (JULY)
----

[User Posted Image]

----
Wave 5B (SEPTEMBER)
----

[User Posted Image]

----
Wave 6
----

[User Posted Image]
-------------------------
[User Posted Image]
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

-------------------------------------
[User Posted Image]
-------------------------------------
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

--------------------------------------------
[User Posted Image]
--------------------------------------------
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

--------------------------
[User Posted Image]
--------------------------
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

------------------------------------------
[User Posted Image]
------------------------------------------
Wave 1
----
[User Posted Image]

----------------------------
[User Posted Image]
----------------------------
Wave 1
----

[User Posted Image]

---------------------------
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

-----------------------
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
------------------

Official Amiibo Website
r/amiibo
Amiibo Boot Camp: How to train a Smash Bros Amiibo KO'ing Machine.
Amiibo Rarity Chart

-----

[User Posted Image]
Edited 35 times - Last edited at 06:31:53 09/08/2015 by LunarDistortion
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 15:38:48 27/10/2014
I'm still not quite sure how these things work (in the context of Smash). Can you save your customization builds on these figures, or are they just AI partners that you can use in battles?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:39:08 27/10/2014 by CAV
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 16:06:11 27/10/2014
Quote: CAV
I'm still not quite sure how these things work (in the context of Smash). Can you save your customization builds on these figures, or are they just AI partners that you can use in battles?

They are AI partners.

Customisation of Amiibo fighters is a little different to regular player fighters. Instead of being limited to just three pieces of equipment per Amiibo, you can "Feed" them equipment, making their stats shift according to that equipment's specifications. You can do this as many times as you want to adjust your Amiibo's stats whenever you want.

Also, they improve based on what you actually teach them. The highest Level for Amiibo is Lv. 50, but they can still learn from beyond that. And even a Lv. 50 Amiibo will not excel at every technique in the game unless you teach them techniques. For example, if you train your Amiibo up to Lv. 50 without ever doing a match with items in that time, then that Lv. 50 Amiibo still will not understand how to use items until you start teaching it to.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#4 Posted: 16:39:10 27/10/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182

They are AI partners.

Customisation of Amiibo fighters is a little different to regular player fighters. Instead of being limited to just three pieces of equipment per Amiibo, you can "Feed" them equipment, making their stats shift according to that equipment's specifications. You can do this as many times as you want to adjust your Amiibo's stats whenever you want.

Also, they improve based on what you actually teach them. The highest Level for Amiibo is Lv. 50, but they can still learn from beyond that. And even a Lv. 50 Amiibo will not excel at every technique in the game unless you teach them techniques. For example, if you train your Amiibo up to Lv. 50 without ever doing a match with items in that time, then that Lv. 50 Amiibo still will not understand how to use items until you start teaching it to.

We complain all the time about $8 Skylanders that we're often forced to buy in order to complete the game 100%. But at least they're characters you can actually use and store your leveled stats in. But $13 for an AI partner toy that you can't even control, and in game modes that I (and others) may personally not use nearly often enough to justify that purchase? There is no way I'm buying into that.

I would've vastly preferred it if they were like Skylanders, in that you can save your customized characters onto the figure and take it with you should you go to a friend's house.

And before someone mentions how they can be used in titles other than Smash, I'm highly doubtful that a Pac Man or Falco figure will have much use in future titles (unless Star Fox intends to have ship upgrades).
#5 Posted: 17:25:17 27/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182

They are AI partners.

We complain all the time about $8 Skylanders that we're often forced to buy in order to complete the game 100%. But at least they're characters you can actually use and store your leveled stats in. But $13 for an AI partner toy that you can't even control, and in game modes that I (and others) may personally not use nearly often enough to justify that purchase? There is no way I'm buying into that.

I would've vastly preferred it if they were like Skylanders, in that you can save your customized characters onto the figure and take it with you should you go to a friend's house.

And before someone mentions how they can be used in titles other than Smash, I'm highly doubtful that a Pac Man or Falco figure will have much use in future titles (unless Star Fox intends to have ship upgrades).

The point of the amiibo is to have a kind of personal trainer, it learns techniques off of you and discovers how to block your normal technique. In turn, you have to change up your technique and learn new strategies. It's a good way for tourney players to have someone to play against that will learn strategies and how to defend against them, preparing you for any upcoming match.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#6 Posted: 01:17:55 28/10/2014
went to nintendo world, and saw wave 1 on display. (glass case)
wish i got a closer look, since i was leaving.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#7 Posted: 03:48:57 28/10/2014
Quote: goldenrushducks
went to nintendo world, and saw wave 1 on display. (glass case)
wish i got a closer look, since i was leaving.

Yep, the ones they have on display there are the final versions that will be released at retail.
---
words. letters. filler.
#8 Posted: 00:12:35 15/11/2014 | Topic Creator
They had some figures on display over at my Walmart, and they look really good in person. They're smaller than what I imagined, but they look pretty polished in my opinion.
#9 Posted: 00:34:46 15/11/2014
I went to Nintendo World earlier today and they had the first wave of amiibo in a glass casing. Having seen them up in person, I feel like I should retract some of my statements. They actually look good for a first attempt. Link, Marth, and other humanized characters have the potential to have derped faces, but the others look pretty damn solid. Worth noting though that all amiibo have that yellow base similar to Link (at least the first wave), not the silver like we were first shown.

Fox and Samus looked the best to me, looking almost like tiny collector's figures. Fox looks to have had a fair bit of effort put into getting the details of his outfit right, and Samus' armor has a nice finish that makes it look more like just a simple McDs toy like they could've gotten away with. My only complaint would be that Fox has a blue thingy holding up his left foot (similar to Link's pee-colored stick, or the clear plastic of some others), which clashes with the yellow base.

They looked presentable. Not sure if they're the actual production figures or just really nice prototypes made specifically for show, but I'm reasonably impressed. Still not quite sure if it's worth $13, however, given the current uses they have. Some photos are here. Please excuse any bad shots.

Reposting from that other Amiibo topic.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#10 Posted: 00:40:34 15/11/2014
Saw the Lootcrate price. Eh.
#11 Posted: 02:20:43 15/11/2014
That Loot Crate price is horrendous. Nintendo and Loot Crate should be trying to encourage you to buy it and try out Amiibo, not overcharge to the point where it drives people away.

Given Loot Crate's past crates, I doubt that "super rare" stuff is anything more than little trinkets or stickers. And a t-shirt alone isn't enough to warrant a $35 price increase, especially when it's likely to have "LOOT CRATE" smacked on it regardless of the design.

Nintendo World is giving out gifts to people who show up to the launch party of Amiibo/Smash/Pokemon next Thursday. I'm better off going there and buying a single figure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:18 15/11/2014 by CAV
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#12 Posted: 20:06:24 26/11/2014
lootcrate is WAY over priced i will just get some for Christmas and super smash bros too plus wave 2 will be out soon.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:07:23 26/11/2014 by skylandersspyro
#13 Posted: 20:08:21 26/11/2014
wave 4 is super tiny its just 3 AMIIBOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#14 Posted: 21:55:51 26/11/2014
Quote: skylandersspyro
wave 4 is super tiny its just 3 AMIIBOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well these are just the Smash Bros amiibos for now ._. They're still going to come out with other amiibos
---
words. letters. filler.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#15 Posted: 23:03:17 26/11/2014
I just want like Pit, Samus Link and maybe Captain Falcon
---
henlo
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#16 Posted: 01:42:18 27/11/2014
I'm gonna try to get whatever amiibos and other 3ds games i want on the 14th when wave 2 comes out!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 03:37:11 27/11/2014
When does wave 2 come out?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#18 Posted: 05:15:19 28/11/2014
Quote: Windumup
When does wave 2 come out?

Sometime in December
---
words. letters. filler.
#19 Posted: 00:37:12 29/11/2014
Will pac-man and greninja get amiibos?
#20 Posted: 01:08:40 29/11/2014
^It looks like all Smash characters will get amiibo at some point.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#21 Posted: 17:48:08 29/11/2014
Just got my first Amiibo, Yoshi, today. I really like it. smilie
#22 Posted: 00:15:12 01/12/2014
i got the wii fit trainer.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#23 Posted: 01:45:18 01/12/2014
I got Link
---
henlo
#24 Posted: 01:58:19 01/12/2014
i have none smilie.....
---
#25 Posted: 02:02:03 01/12/2014
2015 isn't that far away, is it? smilie

[User Posted Image]
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#26 Posted: 11:58:11 01/12/2014
You know, they look quite good. I saw a few at a local Target, and the only one I batted an eye at is Marth. I plan to get quite a few. On topic, the 3ds adapter looks cool.
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
#27 Posted: 13:32:32 01/12/2014
Quote: DrobotMewTwo
You know, they look quite good. I saw a few at a local Target, and the only one I batted an eye at is Marth. I plan to get quite a few. On topic, the 3ds adapter looks cool.

That's still not the final design smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#28 Posted: 02:47:15 02/12/2014

I can't wait!
#29 Posted: 19:05:11 03/12/2014
The samus amiibo with 2 cannons sold for $2500. smilie

And now here's peach with no legs. enjoy.

http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...now_up_for_sale
Akame Yellow Sparx Gems: 1584
#30 Posted: 22:48:59 03/12/2014
Me and a friend got the Link and Yoshi amiibo's to use with his copy of Smash and I gotta tell ya, in games where you actually see your amiibo grow and become somewhat of a character, it can be really endearing and cool. My Yoshi is a LVL50, he's pink and his name is Bumi. My baby smilie
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#31 Posted: 02:53:31 05/12/2014
Any news on Marth restocks?
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#32 Posted: 03:47:59 05/12/2014
Quote: DragonShine
Any news on Marth restocks?

There's no news on a specific figure being restocked. You just have to hope you find it tbh
---
words. letters. filler.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#33 Posted: 04:11:56 05/12/2014
When I went to GameStop the other day the guy there said that some characters sold out as he only got enough stock of said people to fill pre-orders. IIRC these were Marth, WFT, & Villager. To those of you looking for those ones, good luck.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#34 Posted: 17:45:13 06/12/2014
I can't wait for a Captain Toad amiibo. <3 I only have Peach so far, but I plan on getting Zelda and Pit.

I'm surprised Marth is selling so well... I've seen him in quite a few stores and he did not turn out very well. I also contemplated getting the Wii Fit Trainer, but I prefer the male version so I skipped her.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#35 Posted: 01:09:42 07/12/2014
Quote: Seiki
When I went to GameStop the other day the guy there said that some characters sold out as he only got enough stock of said people to fill pre-orders. IIRC these were Marth, WFT, & Villager. To those of you looking for those ones, good luck.

Seems these three may already discontinued.

http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...o_discontinued.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:14 07/12/2014 by mantez
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#36 Posted: 01:14:30 07/12/2014
Quote: mantez

Seems these three are already discontinued.

http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...bo_discontinued

*Rumor*
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#37 Posted: 23:58:59 07/12/2014
I just got a Samus amiibo and the detail is great! I have almost no errors on it. If only I could get a copy of SSB4 Wii U so I can can use it. Do you guys have any creative names for my Samus?
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
#38 Posted: 14:37:40 08/12/2014
I just got a Samus amiibo and the detail is great! I have almost no errors on it. If only I could get a copy of SSB4 Wii U so I can can use it. Do you guys have any creative names for my Samus?

Metroid.

Alternatively, "Ycantcrawl".
---
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#39 Posted: 15:59:43 08/12/2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ninten...N&soutkn=e0271M

You can't not laugh at this
#40 Posted: 20:09:23 08/12/2014
Quote: Matteomax

*Rumor*

Rumor has been debunked by Nintendo officials.
---
words. letters. filler.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#41 Posted: 16:23:17 15/12/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

*Rumor*

I believe that Nintendo never said they were being discontinued. But they also didn't say they weren't. It could go either way.
---
Bring the Fanta
#42 Posted: 17:34:58 15/12/2014
I've heard Nintendo saying both that they aren't discontinuing any amiibo, but also that some figures would have smaller runs as to make room for new waves.

So it's safe to say that yes, some amiibo will be discontinued at least in the future, or be considered more rare. This is awful news since now scalpers will try and eat up as many figures as they can for lesser known characters, in hopes that they can sell them off for higher.

"THE BABY"
#43 Posted: 17:57:04 15/12/2014
So since Target announced that Rosalina is exclusive to them in the US, people have been losing their heads (REYN TOYME) over it being listed as "out of stock".

Turns out that they are simply still in the process of updating their stock info, and it's been like this since the listing went up.

http://www.nintendo-insider.co...shortage-fears/
---
#44 Posted: 20:38:31 15/12/2014
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

*Rumor*

I believe that Nintendo never said they were being discontinued. But they also didn't say they weren't. It could go either way.

They said none were discontinued at the moment but stock could shorten in the future to make space for upcoming, but I feel that the shortened stock ones will return in more waves.
---
words. letters. filler.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#45 Posted: 22:40:37 15/12/2014
Nintendo really sucks at stocking Amiibos.
Milla4Prez66 Green Sparx Gems: 101
#46 Posted: 22:20:09 17/12/2014
The Rosalina Target exclusive amiibo sold out it's pre-orders in 35 minutes.

http://www.gameranx.com/update...in-record-time/

Luckily, I pre-ordered Shulk for GameStop and I'll see if they have any in store pre-orders for Lucario at TRU. Some of these amiibo are becoming insanely hard to find. Little Mac, Pit and Captain Falcon seem gone before they even officially ship.
#47 Posted: 22:59:36 17/12/2014
Quote: Milla4Prez66
The Rosalina Target exclusive amiibo sold out it's pre-orders in 35 minutes.

http://www.gameranx.com/update...in-record-time/

Luckily, I pre-ordered Shulk for GameStop and I'll see if they have any in store pre-orders for Lucario at TRU. Some of these amiibo are becoming insanely hard to find. Little Mac, Pit and Captain Falcon seem gone before they even officially ship.

[User Posted Image]

Welp.
---
#48 Posted: 23:32:15 17/12/2014
Hopefully Target will restock and put them back up for pre-order, because if they were THAT limited that is insane. Especially since GameStop has re-added their Shulk stock since they sold out pre-orders once too. I also pre-ordered Mega-Man and Sonic and am considering pre-ordering Meta Knight. It is obvious Nintendo won't keep figures that aren't super popular (Mario, Link, Yoshi, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, etc.) stocked on shelves.
#49 Posted: 00:19:48 18/12/2014
I'd also like to note that Rosalina sold out on Amazon UK even before Target announced their possession of her.

Also:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...amiibo&_sacat=0

I'm so glad one of my best friends works at a toy store and can hold onto one for me.
---
#50 Posted: 01:52:18 18/12/2014
I really hope they can do another pre-order soon, because Rosalina looks awesome. What is crazy is that pre-orders weren't up until like 2:30 am and it still sold out in a half hour. The demand for amiibo is surprising to me.
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me