darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Going back and playing this game.....
Page 1 of 1
Going back and playing this game..... [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#1 Posted: 20:43:51 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Gives one of the most nostalgic feelings ever. Somehow even more than going back and playing SSA does.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 20:45:43 26/10/2014
I agree... When my PS3 comes back from Sony (don't ask) I'm planning on playing some Giants, and playing those much missed heroics! At least I miss them
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 21:22:31 26/10/2014
Why is it more nostalgic then SSA ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 21:48:18 26/10/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix

Maybe the amount of 'quality of life' tweaks,so to say? I find it much easier to pick up a level in Giants than in SSA - the chapter menu moves faster, the lines are instantly skipped instead of having to hold A, and several animations just seem to happen way faster. In SSA I only replay a handful of levels that really stand out for me, but in Giants I almost choose randomly because I'm okay with them all.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:29 26/10/2014 by Bifrost
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#5 Posted: 23:10:52 26/10/2014
I find both SSA and SG as nostalgic as each other and when I've finished Trap Team, I'm gonna replay those two games again. smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 00:46:07 27/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Dark fhoenix

Maybe the amount of 'quality of life' tweaks,so to say? I find it much easier to pick up a level in Giants than in SSA - the chapter menu moves faster, the lines are instantly skipped instead of having to hold A, and several animations just seem to happen way faster. In SSA I only replay a handful of levels that really stand out for me, but in Giants I almost choose randomly because I'm okay with them all.

I feel the same way. I spent A TON of time in Giants. And gameplay was all tweaked to perfection, imo.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#7 Posted: 02:16:30 27/10/2014
Giants was my first Skylanders game and, in my opinion, the best. Heroics to speed up the slow characters, the luck-o-tron to assist with quests, having quests that weren't a pain to do. I couldn't put Giants down and when Swap Force's disappointments became too much, I put it away and played Giants again for a while. It had a good story too, but oh how I miss those heroics!! It's a shame Activison isn't smart enough to put those back in. It could be done without old Skylanders having to do them over again.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#8 Posted: 10:33:25 27/10/2014
But on the other hand,Eggers, people were complaining left and right that the heroics are too repetitive and are too many for those with big collections. I prefer replaying Arena Challenges, myself, but that's more because even with just 11 'landers I can't keep track of who did what in a hurry while deciding what to do.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#9 Posted: 14:57:36 27/10/2014
I am not much of a heroics fan . I usually just do that particular skylanders heroics.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#10 Posted: 15:05:32 27/10/2014
SSA and Giants are nostalgic for me as well. If they got a remastering on the Trap Team/Swap Force engine,with jumping and ALL Skylanders playable I may never play another game again.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#11 Posted: 15:35:46 27/10/2014
I just realised something. I'm so used to being able to jump in SF and TT that when I go back to playing SA and Giants, it's gonna feel weird not being able to jump. Also, since I own the Wii versions of the first two games, it's gonna feel weird seeing non-HD graphics. smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#12 Posted: 15:40:39 27/10/2014
I DEMAND ACTI TO REMASTER GIANTS AND SSA WITH THE ENGINE OF TT/SF WITH JUMPING AND ALL SKYLANDERS PLAYABLE ON ONE DISC!!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#13 Posted: 22:04:05 27/10/2014
Giants is my fav skylander game aswell smilie
#14 Posted: 22:26:22 27/10/2014
I just played level one Giants with Hot Head and little brother played with my Thumpback . I always felt wierd if i did not use a Giant for level 1 .

I almost forgot about the Kaos in the toy shop scene , taunting frozen Skylanders the meanie .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:58 27/10/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#15 Posted: 01:26:03 28/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
But on the other hand,Eggers, people were complaining left and right that the heroics are too repetitive and are too many for those with big collections. I prefer replaying Arena Challenges, myself, but that's more because even with just 11 'landers I can't keep track of who did what in a hurry while deciding what to do.

I will not argue for a second about the repetitiveness of Heroics. They absolutely were and I eventually had them all memorized and could probably do them in my sleep. But the stat boosts made the repetitiveness worth it, for me anyway. Those boosts made some characters usable, especially some of those super slow Giants. At least the reward for the repetitive heroics were well worth it in my opinion.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#16 Posted: 09:13:03 03/11/2014
So I guess the question should be: Do we prefer the heroics in Giants or the Quests in Swap Force?
Personally, I liked the heroics. They gave stat boosts so you could do the ones which addressed the greatest need, and go back later for the rest. I did them all for some of my characters in anticipation of Swap Force, and was surprised to see them missing, boosted stats were gone too.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#17 Posted: 07:45:49 04/11/2014
I feel its because SSA was their 1st attempt to see how ell toys to life would work. Giants was like SSA 2.0 in that it kept alot of what SSA had (heroics etc) and built on it and added to it. Overall it was fun and I played it alot. I also think alot of ppl like myself came into skylanders with giants as the game becaame even more popular...like the lines of ppl that waited for eyebrawl/thumpback etc.

I do feel some of that has died down thou smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me