darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > skylanders Swap Force vs Skylanders Trap Team
Page 1 of 1
skylanders Swap Force vs Skylanders Trap Team [CLOSED]
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1 Posted: 20:12:14 25/10/2014 | Topic Creator
mine is Trap Team tell me why
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 21:30:13 25/10/2014
As much as i love Swap Force, and as much as I hate how it feels so different, and as much as I love Trap team, and how much i hate all the missing things it dosen't have like Swap Force, and all the nerfing...

I...

Um...

Blimey this is hard...

Trap Force?
Swap Team? (that actually sounds cool...)

I'm going with...

Trap Team

Only by a fraction though,
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 23:13:20 25/10/2014
Quote:
mine is Trap Team tell me why

WHY ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#4 Posted: 00:05:49 26/10/2014
I don't have Trap Team, so I can't say for sure.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#5 Posted: 04:25:39 26/10/2014
Swap Force
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#6 Posted: 06:10:38 26/10/2014
Trap Team brought that magic that SSA had back to me. But it doesn't have PVP.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 10:07:19 26/10/2014
Swap Force is way better than Trap Team.

More content, better balancing, knockbacks, less glitches and better gameplay.
---
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#8 Posted: 12:56:05 26/10/2014
Swap Force has those boring, padded out levels. I'll go with Trap Team, even though I haven't played it yet.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#9 Posted: 13:19:23 26/10/2014
I actually made a similar topic on the Trap Team forum.

Quote:
Trap Team really made me appreciate Swap Force more. Once I got Trap Team, I was saying it's the best in the Skylanders franchise, and it being my favorite, but now the more I play it the more I miss Swap Force. Don't get me wrong, Trap Team is a fantastic game and has BY FAR the best hub in the series. I guess I just miss the levels and content Swap Force had. If Trap Team had the same amount of content, It'd be undoubtedly be my favorite Skylanders game. VV fixed a lot of things TfB messed up on and only for TfB to brings the stuff they messed up on back (Except for attacking while jumping, that was a God sent addition). Who else feels the same?

I feel like TfB is better at making the story and lore for Skylanders, while VV does content. AND TfB and VV are both at equal levels when it comes to levels and characters, which is fantastic. Though TfB is a tad higher when it comes to level design.

I'm still is a tough situation which I prefer and which is my favorite Skylanders game over all.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Graywolfe Green Sparx Gems: 298
#10 Posted: 15:14:15 26/10/2014
Well i have only limited experience with Trap Team, just trying it at a friends. But i have to go with Swap Force. I liked almost everything they did in Swap force. The only thing they messed up on was the hats and that was only some of them. I liked the longer level with the check point in the middle, that is particularly useful for S2 skylanders if you feel you need to swap paths and it gave you a save point if needed. I liked how they had most of the extras as options not part of the story, you did not have to beat the level in a set time to get your third star but you could go back later and do it if you wanted to. It would have been perfect if they did not have any of the items in the swap zones so they could be skipped if you wanted. I personally did not enjoy them but my wife did and kicked butt on most of them. They just had more options available for us. Woodbury was nice but i am a bit undecided on that as every game has had something cool and can't decide which is the better I also really liked that the boss fights were their own chapters so you could go back to them anytime you wanted to and try again. All in all i am will get Trap Team for my family later just cause there are a few cool looking skylanders from it that we will only be able to play there and level up untill number 5 comes out. I am just waiting for the next one at this point. Side note here did any of you ever watch the credits at the end of the game? In the first 3 they list both VV and TFB as developers for the game and another company call Beenox. Just thought it was interesting.
#11 Posted: 18:58:17 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Because it has skippable parts in cut scenes and its way funner but i Think VV is better though.....weird
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:58:30 26/10/2014 by skylandersspyro
SkylanderCynder Green Sparx Gems: 151
#12 Posted: 23:58:29 02/11/2014
i love VV and i hate TFB by the way
---
hey guys
#13 Posted: 00:15:49 03/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkylanderCynder
i love VV and i hate TFB by the way
what,....
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#14 Posted: 00:21:44 03/11/2014
Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=109732&post=5343655
skylandersspyro[/url]]Because it has skippable parts in cut scenes and its way funner but i Think VV is better though.....weird

I haven't played much of Trap Team, but that's a definite win over Swap Force in my opinion. I hated even loading up Swap Force because you knew you would have to listen to Rufus jibber jab.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#15 Posted: 08:57:48 03/11/2014
SWAP Force > Trap Team for sure

Trap Team's mood and story are much better- SF's story and mood aren't completely awful, but definitely are more shallow and have some more problems- but SF has far better game design and a lot more content. In fact, it's not even comparable! Better fighting physics, modes are far more varied and there are more available, more challenges to accomplish (Stars are earned many different ways and they give you more to do in the modes), faster pacing, more areas accessible to different kinds of characters (not stupid gimmick-only gates in hidden spots), less empty space in levels/hub and balance isn't so hilariously skewed.

That's not to say SF doesn't have issues that really bug me like the issues in the story and the grindy Quests and how so many old Skylanders feel so weak and the multitude of unskippable cutscenes, but at least it has a lot of extra modes and stuff. And much better fighting physics than the other games. Thing is, TT didn't fix any of my major issues with SF- aside from the story, which still isn't as good as the first two TFB games and the Quests, which were completely removed rather than getting rebalanced- though honestly, I'd rather have no quests and have other issues fixed, but alas... TT is, for the most part, not particularly polished. And I don't think it adds to the franchise the same way SF did.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:01:28 03/11/2014 by Arc of Archives
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#16 Posted: 23:38:47 07/11/2014
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Swap Force has those boring, padded out levels. I'll go with Trap Team, even though I haven't played it yet.
Same here.
---
Dead
Boomer05 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#17 Posted: 21:47:31 02/07/2015
Swap Force all the way. I can't believe you guys are hating on a brilliant game because of one character that talks to long. Trap Team has no replay value and is probably my least favorite skylanders game.
---
Kaos vs Bowser!! My life is complete.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#18 Posted: 21:59:50 02/07/2015
Trap Team, for reasons I talk about every 3 weeks and I will try not to this time. But I won't really be praising this game too much, it's still unpolished and lacking a lot of things that they were clearly planning. Giants is still the one I like the most overall.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
iceflow76 Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#19 Posted: 23:44:47 02/07/2015
Trap Team

For some reason I really hate the whole swap mechanic thing. It's kind of annoying to have to switch tops and bottoms to open certain gates. It also is an "pay to play" mechanic where you needed at least 1 of every element inorder to open all the areas and get certain items.

With Trap Team they added a trap mechanism but it wasn't required to gather items. Actually the traps had nothing to do with the gameplay itself except for minor side missions to evolve villains. You could open villain chests with what you received in the starter pack. No need to really buy anymore traps if you didn't want to.

If you take the whole series into account, I would have to agree with Bifrost and say the Giants is the best.
---
Characters Owned: 131 of 131 (100%) (Bring on Superchargers)
Figures Owned: 209 of 268 (77.9%)
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#20 Posted: 00:09:21 03/07/2015
Trap Team

Swap Force was better in innovation and character design, but the level design lacks for me. And that is the game part of a game.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#21 Posted: 13:15:52 11/07/2015
That's actually really tough.

But I'll go with...

Swap Force

Only because Trap Team didn't have long enough levels, I beat it on release day
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me