Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Has TRU sent out the wrong traps for anyone else?
Page 1 of 1
Has TRU sent out the wrong traps for anyone else? [CLOSED]
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#1 Posted: 22:09:18 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I bought the Dark Starter along with an Earth Hammer online while they had that sale going on. It was delivered today but they sent me an Earth Orb instead of an Earth Hammer. It wouldn't bother me too much if it was an earth trap I didn't have, but I've already got the Earth Orb, ugh. Worst off, they want me to send back the Starter set along with the trap if I want a refund. Maybe I can find someone who'll trade an Earth Hammer for the Orb, but I guess this serves as a warning for people who order from TRU online.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#2 Posted: 22:11:05 24/10/2014
They probably just read as "Earth Trap".
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#3 Posted: 22:25:37 24/10/2014
Buy an earth trap that you want from Walmart or any other store that sells them and return yours.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 22:30:30 24/10/2014
The way they have done the SKU's, I'd say you were lucky to even get the right element. I think I would in general avoid online ordering for traps if I were collecting them at all.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#5 Posted: 22:33:36 24/10/2014
Quote: 7Habits
Buy an earth trap that you want from Walmart or any other store that sells them and return yours.

I've been doing this a lot since I get double traps at TRU for .99 cents.. Target and gamestop love me , not, lol !
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#6 Posted: 22:45:09 24/10/2014
traps are labeled of what element they are. [element] trap
ex. they read earth trap, so they gave you an earth trap.
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#7 Posted: 00:13:08 25/10/2014
Could you exchange it at a TRU store?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#8 Posted: 00:16:32 25/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: goldenrushducks

The order sheet calls it 'Earth Hammer', not 'Earth Trap'. Even so, that doesn't excuse them to mess up orders. If you're not going to ship the right mold then don't put all the different molds on your site and then send out random ones instead.

Quote: Kesrael

The only TRU nearby is over an hour away. I ain't wasting that much gas for a trap.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:18:55 25/10/2014 by Couragefan09
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#9 Posted: 01:16:19 25/10/2014
Quote:
The order sheet calls it 'Earth Hammer', not 'Earth Trap'. Even so, that doesn't excuse them to mess up orders. If you're not going to ship the right mold then don't put all the different molds on your site and then send out random ones instead.

TRU usually make mistakes, maybe this was one?
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#10 Posted: 00:27:48 26/10/2014
It's a mess for all retailers since most of them fulfill via SKU or UPC and they're all the same. I placed a Best Buy order for in store pickup and got the wrong ones as well (realized after I got home). I didn't really mind as I don't care to chase after all the traps.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#11 Posted: 11:57:50 26/10/2014
I got the right undead orb but it's packaging popped open in transit so the trap was just free in the box. I would buy the earth trap you want at Walmart but then take back your extra orb. It isn't right on TRU's part but it will be easiest on you. My son wanted the undead hand trap but the picture and description didn't match on TRU's website last week so I ordered the orb to be safe.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#12 Posted: 21:53:43 26/10/2014
Quote: Couragefan09
Quote: goldenrushducks

Quote: Kesrael

The only TRU nearby is over an hour away. I ain't wasting that much gas for a trap.

I collect the bloody things and they confuse me, the blame falls on Activision. The packaging says "Earth Trap" regardless of which Earth Trap it is. Activision should have the names on the package, you can't expect somebody working in a warehouse that has no interest in Skylanders to know what the hell is going on.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#13 Posted: 08:58:03 29/10/2014
Any part of an online order can be returned at the store level with Toys 'R' Us. I always order > $50 just to get free shipping, and then return the other things that I didn't really want to begin with.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me