Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
LI crashing on Android [CLOSED]
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#1 Posted: 14:05:11 23/10/2014 | Topic Creator
We all are aware of the iOS issues, and AO has stated they are working on it. How about android?

I'm having constant LI crashes. "Unfortunately, Lost Islands has stopped." Sometimes I can simply reload and get in, other times it's obviously something having to do with the current state of my save, because I can NOT get back in no matter what, even reinstalling. Fortunately I've found a way: load up my cloud save on my iphone, save the game, then go back to the android and I can get back in. It seems to happen most often in conjunction with adventure balloon activity: flying out or coming back in.

Sucks because this is happening several times a day (twice now this morning alone, before 10am) and I'm losing all kinds of progress.
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#2 Posted: 14:50:01 23/10/2014
My wife plays on Android and also has frequent crashes. She's always gotten back in, but it usually loses several minutes of progress. It's very frustrating.
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#3 Posted: 15:05:04 23/10/2014
I play on android aswell, and i have never had that problem.
Bolder63 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#4 Posted: 15:15:48 23/10/2014
I have not been able to get in since the problem started going on 2 days now
#5 Posted: 22:36:29 23/10/2014 | Topic Creator
15-20 crashes today, conservatively. I've had to resort to my iphone trick a dozen times, or more. At this point I'm gonna set my guys on 12 hour missions and only check a few times a day. Much frustrating! smilie
---
wi1z Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#6 Posted: 08:33:27 25/10/2014
Since yesterday, mine now doesn't load at all andrion, SG S3, always been fine, must have been a push update that's crashed it, this is online/offline, close app, reboot phone, no idea when last online backup was..........
#7 Posted: 12:01:12 25/10/2014
Well, loaded up my nexus 7, downloaded cloud save, now also doesn't load, just loads to crash, so, cloud save appears to be corrupting, maybe some conflict or something wierd to do with app version and save version or something like that? what a chore.............. maybe the end for me........ If I can't fix it, that's that, I'll have to raise a ticket with my cloud username........
akinata Green Sparx Gems: 314
#8 Posted: 06:44:47 26/10/2014
I am using ASUS TF300T tablet with Android 4.2.1, the app started force closed since 10/24/2014, I could still play the game on and off, but was unable to load my Kingdom after 5pm on 10/25, not even with or without wi-fi connection. Tried to clear the data and cache of the app, it could load the game like a new player, but the app closed itself when I signed in with my Activate account. Tried to use my Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3, and still having the same problem, this only happened on my account, tried to sign in with other family member's account and has no issue. I also tried to login with my linked facebook accout and having the same issue! smilie
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#9 Posted: 09:02:45 29/10/2014
It was the same here on my Android devices. But it seems that they have fixed it.
No crashes for the last 3 days.
akinata Green Sparx Gems: 314
#10 Posted: 15:28:40 29/10/2014
I submitted a ticket on their website then called their help desk with the ticket number on Monday, talked to someone over half an hour, and my account is being fixed last night! smilie
Bolder63 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#11 Posted: 15:47:58 29/10/2014
I had come very close to giving up the game entirely after the recent issue. Level 45 & 168 Skylanders I was not starting over. I had attempted to work with support on twitter but they just had me jumping through hoops, they were aware they had created the issue and no amount of re-installing etc . . . was going to make the game load with my game save. I resigned myself to attempt to play once or twice a day until they patched the problem and Lo & behold Tuesday patch hits and I can load the game again. Lost my quest for Undead Sanctuary which was only 2 days away from completion with 4 days to finish, I had the gems to buy it and if that's my only loss I can live with it.
#12 Posted: 06:37:14 30/10/2014
I fixed mine myself, deleted the app on an iphone 4s, re-installed, did the tutorial, it then got the cloud save once I clicked activate details, then it came up with a very odd erro page, clicked ok, loaded game fine, but, there was a tonne of already cleared plants that didnt exist before the crash and were alreadyt cleared, so, clicked them all to get rid of them, did my island, then waited half a day, cleared/checked all etc, then uploaded this new save file to the cloud, then, loaded it up on android, cloud save thanks, all worked.
#13 Posted: 19:36:25 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Definitely something got pushed to fix things. I've only had 1 or 2 crashes in the past couple days, and they only required me to restart the ap.
---
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#14 Posted: 13:49:56 25/03/2015
Today my LI crashed again every time i started the app on my 2 android devices.
On both devices a reinstallation in the google play store solved the problem.
Just a hint, if anyone has the same problem.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#15 Posted: 01:12:57 26/03/2015
Pretty much every game I want to install on my brand new phone will not work because it seems these older games unless they do significant work to fix it will not work on say Android 5.1 or whatever the new one is. I could not get them to work period on my phone, that includes Skylanders Battlegrounds, and some other new apps. I had to buy an older tablet, a Lenovo, and I will not upgrade my android on it so I can play this game.
Erisian Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#16 Posted: 11:55:48 26/03/2015
I'm still using my Nexus 7 with Android 5.0 to play Lost Islands since it won't run on my SHIELD tablet with Android 5.0
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#17 Posted: 15:25:21 26/03/2015
I bought a Google Nexus 6 and it wont work period. The default android version is 5.0.1 and I could never personally get it to work.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me