Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Was Gearshift supposed to be limited edition until next year?
Page 1 of 1
Was Gearshift supposed to be limited edition until next year? [CLOSED]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1 Posted: 00:29:24 23/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I could have sworn I saw something about Gear being preorder/limited edition until next year, right? I wasn't imagining that was I?

[User Posted Image]

Because I've seen a ton of her at all my stores near me. Yet, there's other trap masters like Wallop who I don't see very often. Is this just near me, or are you guys seeing similar things at your stores?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#2 Posted: 00:31:20 23/10/2014
she was but the problem is there's too many that got produced so the hype of her is kinda gone and the fact people probably canceled their pre orders, plus toys r us is pretty much carrying her regularly
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#3 Posted: 01:12:45 23/10/2014
You are right...it was supposed to be limited to preorders. I guess it's safe to assume they vastly overproduced the figure for their "limited" 2014 release. You never know...they could disappear come early December and not be seen again until a much later wave in 2015. I've seen Gearshift at every single major retailer I've been to, so there must have been a huge allocation to all the chain stores.
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#4 Posted: 01:23:06 23/10/2014
Quote: mastermc54
You are right...it was supposed to be limited to preorders. I guess it's safe to assume they vastly overproduced the figure for their "limited" 2014 release. You never know...they could disappear come early December and not be seen again until a much later wave in 2015. I've seen Gearshift at every single major retailer I've been to, so there must have been a huge allocation to all the chain stores.

The 2 EB Games near me literally have more of her on the shelf than all the other Trap Masters combined, it's like Target and their exclusive trap.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#5 Posted: 02:48:52 23/10/2014
It was limited but problem was they only shipped them in packs of 12. So if you pre ordered one the store had 11 to put out on the shelf. Because of this lots of stores that got 1 preorder got lots of them...
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#6 Posted: 03:03:41 23/10/2014
Strange, she's linked to the Tablet version down here rather than preorder bonuses...
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 14:22:33 23/10/2014
It is hard to judge these things correctly for manufacturing. It isn't like pressing CDs, swapping out a figure line in China is a time consuming process that has to be planned and ordered months in advance. Remember the great drought of figures for the first game? That was because they under-estimated demand and it took that long to adjust. They probably had to make educated guesses on how many would be pre-sold when they placed the order. It seems they overshot by a pretty wide margin. However, once they are gone I wouldn't expect to see more until next year.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#8 Posted: 16:11:29 23/10/2014
Quote: IWHBYD
Quote: mastermc54

The 2 EB Games near me literally have more of her on the shelf than all the other Trap Masters combined, it's like Target and their exclusive trap.

I noticed that also! Target has case after case of these darn things!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#9 Posted: 18:47:21 23/10/2014
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon like an idiot thinking this would be limited until next year. I wish I hadn't because then I could have got it on the Toys r Us BOGO 50% off...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me