darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Possible Conifrmation of Traps being supported in future games
Page 1 of 1
Possible Conifrmation of Traps being supported in future games
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#1 Posted: 22:06:17 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
In the Skylanders Official Lets Play, when Lou captures Shepp Creep he says that Sheep Creep is now part of his trap team.
At the end of the game Eaon says that your adventure with the Skylanders and the Trap Team is only just begginging.
Well that pretty much confirms that there will be a Skylanders 5 but if Activision consider trapped villains a "trap team" and Eon says that there is more to come then surly that says traps will be supported?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 22:07:24 20/10/2014
Master Eon always says the "the journey with your Skylanders and (title Skylanders) is only just beginning) at the end of every console Skylander game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:23 20/10/2014 by Aura24
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 22:08:02 20/10/2014
Quote: SirKev7
In the Skylanders Official Lets Play, when Lou captures Shepp Creep he says that Sheep Creep is now part of his trap team.
At the end of the game Eaon says that your adventure with the Skylanders and the Trap Team is only just begginging.
Well that pretty much confirms that there will be a Skylanders 5 but if Activision consider trapped villains a "trap team" and Eon says that there is more to come then surly that says traps will be supported?

I surely hope so, but unfortunately I think Eon was referring to the Trap Masters, when talking about the "Trap Team".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#4 Posted: 22:11:27 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes but a new game has always come after hasn't it? I would seriously doubt that they would put that line there if there wasnt more to come
#5 Posted: 22:14:32 20/10/2014
Yes but a new game has always come after hasn't it? I would seriously doubt that they would put that line there if there wasnt more to come

They mentioned before the game's release that Skylanders 5 was already in the works.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 22:18:12 20/10/2014

Master Eon lied.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#7 Posted: 22:51:24 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I really would be surprised if they didnt support traps though. Theres no reason not to.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#8 Posted: 23:02:14 20/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Master Eon lied.

OMG!.. my childhood is ruined.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#9 Posted: 23:39:17 20/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Master Eon lied.

And that's officially in my sig...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 00:59:57 21/10/2014
Few things, my friend...

1. Sheep Creep is still considered a villain, not a part of the Trap Team. He's the trapped, not the trapper.
2. Eon says that at the end of every Skylanders game.
3. It's kind of obvious that the traps are still gonna be compatible in the next game. I mean, why wouldn't they be?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#11 Posted: 15:49:46 21/10/2014
I interpreted that as "Now go back and almost 100% things while you wait for more waves and extra packs to get released".
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#12 Posted: 18:39:35 21/10/2014
Quote: AdamGregory03
Few things, my friend...
3. It's kind of obvious that the traps are still gonna be compatible in the next game. I mean, why wouldn't they be?

Yeah, but with Game #5 we will get either a new portal without hole for trap in it or there will be no villans to trap/vault to keep them in. See how Giants or Swapperes are usefull in Trap Team. The same will be for traps/villans in the next game. Do not keep you expectation high.
I do not see how VV/TfB can continue supporting the whole gang of 250+ skylanders for now. Add here Activision's only goal to milk you and you get the right picture. They already are cutting corners everywhere in Trap Team and it will only get worse.
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#13 Posted: 19:25:19 21/10/2014
if they did support traps them i personally think that there might be some more villains to trap. Its a small possibility but it could happen. who else agrees with me?
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#14 Posted: 19:41:45 21/10/2014
We might not be getting a new portal for five though. They may realize they have gone too far down that road with requiring a new portal for 3 of the 4 games. It all depends if whatever innovation they come up with requires some change of portal. Of course, by using old portals it might mean you can't use an older portal if you want traps or a SSA portal if you want to use Swappers.

I'm hoping next year's "innovation" is more software/online related than physical. Put back in PvP as well as online co-op. They could really do some fun stuff with online PvP tournaments and ladders. My wishlist also includes some randomization of level layout to increase longevity.
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#15 Posted: 20:05:50 21/10/2014
Well, at this point i'm not even sure activision has the answer.
It's not 2 vague sentences that will determine their future marketing strategies.
For me, the real interrogation is the continuity of the new elements. (if it's sold or not)

We can be optimists or pessmists, their directions can change very quickly,
erh i don't know the paygates for instance smilie
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#16 Posted: 20:10:56 21/10/2014
The thing thats cool that i found out the swap force portal, It works in giants. Just wanted to say that as we are talking about portals smilie

Anyway i think traps might be able to come back. And i just say that i thin the next games main villain will be Glumshanks as Kaos is on our team. And if hes in the next game as the main villain that would make NO SENSE! Unless they mae up a way for him to escape but still, He shouldn't be the main villain. GLUMSHANKS SHOULD. I can already see it.. Skylanders Glumshanks Revenge! Hehehe like the idea?

Also did i mention theres supposed to be 7 skylanders games? (Lou confirmed it on one of Skylander boy and girl's videos)
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:28 21/10/2014 by bionicle2809
#17 Posted: 20:13:44 21/10/2014
Luminous, please stop double posting everywhere...

If they did support the traps in the next game, I hope they add something else to the trap gimmick.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:12 21/10/2014 by Aura24
#18 Posted: 20:25:17 21/10/2014
Quote: Rom713
Quote: AdamGregory03
Few things, my friend...

Yeah, but with Game #5 we will get either a new portal without hole for trap in it or there will be no villans to trap/vault to keep them in. See how Giants or Swapperes are usefull in Trap Team. The same will be for traps/villans in the next game. Do not keep you expectation high.
I do not see how VV/TfB can continue supporting the whole gang of 250+ skylanders for now. Add here Activision's only goal to milk you and you get the right picture. They already are cutting corners everywhere in Trap Team and it will only get worse.

I would like if you could support your opinions with some facts, as simple complaining isn't helpful for anyone.

Also, Swappers and Giants are still playable in Trap Team, and that's why I expect the traps to keep this trend too.

Quote: defpally
We might not be getting a new portal for five though. They may realize they have gone too far down that road with requiring a new portal for 3 of the 4 games. It all depends if whatever innovation they come up with requires some change of portal. Of course, by using old portals it might mean you can't use an older portal if you want traps or a SSA portal if you want to use Swappers.

I'm hoping next year's "innovation" is more software/online related than physical. Put back in PvP as well as online co-op. They could really do some fun stuff with online PvP tournaments and ladders. My wishlist also includes some randomization of level layout to increase longevity.

I absolutely agree with you!

So far gimmicks have been creative and fun (even if the Trap Masters pretty much feel like Giants 2.0 but I guess the true gimmick this year is the traps, and those are great), and if they can come up with with something cool, then it's ok.

But I would love a game that focuses on a gameplay innovation, while retaining the old aspects, rather than a toy one.
32 cores to keep the Skylanders the bulk of the game, and then something like an open world.

However, I think the online functionalities will be treated more like a side gimmick, like talking characters, jumping and jump attacks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#19 Posted: 20:46:36 21/10/2014
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if VV just made Swap Force 2 - Online Raiders or something like that. I'd love more swappers, I thought it was such a great idea and it really worked well to give a great deal of flexibility.

If they REALLY wanted to go interesting, they could use traps to allow players to use trapped villains to "invade" other random online player's game ala Dark Souls. Of course it would be optional, given the griefing possibilities, but one can dream, can't they?
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#20 Posted: 21:31:38 21/10/2014
Quote: Drek95
But I would love a game that focuses on a gameplay innovation, while retaining the old aspects, rather than a toy one.
32 cores to keep the Skylanders the bulk of the game, and then something like an open world.

I would like a set of 32 cores instead of gimmicks, because the story shouldn't revolve on gimmicks. A storyline that would focus on an actual plot would do just as well. If they expanded the gameplay and add something like open world, along with a set of just cores, then I'm sure it could recapture the magic of the first game.
---
A story.
#21 Posted: 22:32:21 21/10/2014
Quote: uttster13

I would like a set of 32 cores instead of gimmicks, because the story shouldn't revolve on gimmicks. A storyline that would focus on an actual plot would do just as well. If they expanded the gameplay and add something like open world, along with a set of just cores, then I'm sure it could recapture the magic of the first game.

I don't know... Maybe that's the key?

No new gimmicks, just Cores, and an awesome and fun game?
Yes, I think THAT would work.

Trap Team actually managed to bring back a lot of the lost magic, to me, with the whole "you have to wait to access everything in the game" thing, that reminded me a lot of SA.
The story is great, the characters also are and the gameplay is simply perfect, in my opinion.

I think an open world is the true next step for this franchise, and we might see it with V.V., after all.

I just hope they don't change too much, this time. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#22 Posted: 22:54:58 21/10/2014
Quote: Luminous35
The thing thats cool that i found out the swap force portal, It works in giants. Just wanted to say that as we are talking about portals smilie

Anyway i think traps might be able to come back. And i just say that i thin the next games main villain will be Glumshanks as Kaos is on our team. And if hes in the next game as the main villain that would make NO SENSE! Unless they mae up a way for him to escape but still, He shouldn't be the main villain. GLUMSHANKS SHOULD. I can already see it.. Skylanders Glumshanks Revenge! Hehehe like the idea?
[b
Also did i mention theres supposed to be 7 skylanders games? (Lou confirmed it on one of Skylander boy and girl's videos) [/b]

Um,I remember that but,you do know they were kidding,right? In the corner of the video it said something like "not to be taken seriously."
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#23 Posted: 23:39:57 21/10/2014

I would like if you could support your opinions with some facts, as simple complaining isn't helpful for anyone.

Also, Swappers and Giants are still playable in Trap Team, and that's why I expect the traps to keep this trend too.

You can read the whole discussion there if you want.
Long story short:
Bye-bye heroics, missions, etc. Giants are just regular skylanders in Swap Force (to be honest - Giants had one "special" feature in SF - only them can open vault chests). Giants and Swappers are just regular skylanders in Trap Team. Trap Masters will be regular in Game #5.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#24 Posted: 02:34:01 22/10/2014
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if VV just made Swap Force 2 - Online Raiders or something like that. I'd love more swappers, I thought it was such a great idea and it really worked well to give a great deal of flexibility.

If they REALLY wanted to go interesting, they could use traps to allow players to use trapped villains to "invade" other random online player's game ala Dark Souls. Of course it would be optional, given the griefing possibilities, but one can dream, can't they?

Stop making sense. This franchise has no room for common sense.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#25 Posted: 04:53:29 22/10/2014
The "gimmick" every year is the only thing that is keeping them "original" with all the competition now..even though it does piss my wallet off every year!!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#26 Posted: 07:53:43 22/10/2014

You can read the whole discussion there if you want.
Long story short:
Bye-bye heroics, missions, etc. Giants are just regular skylanders in Swap Force (to be honest - Giants had one "special" feature in SF - only them can open vault chests). Giants and Swappers are just regular skylanders in Trap Team. Trap Masters will be regular in Game #5.

Yes, Trap Masters will probably be regular characters, in Skylanders 5 (except maybe for a few unlocking functions), but Giants can lift special boulders in Trap Team, just like they did in the second game.

I think that's a bit more useful than opening special chests. smilie

Also, just because they cutted away some content, and replaced it with some other, doesn't mean that the game still hasn't the quality of the previous chapters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:56:21 22/10/2014 by Drek95
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#27 Posted: 08:36:43 22/10/2014

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but something I don't understand is why people even care if there is a new portal or not as long as you only need one? Is it because of the extra expense in buying the starter pack with a portal? If so I can understand that, but it seems like LOTS of people on this forum don't like the fact that a new portal comes out almost every game. Just wondering why?
#28 Posted: 12:16:57 22/10/2014
Quote: kaosmumishot

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but something I don't understand is why people even care if there is a new portal or not as long as you only need one? Is it because of the extra expense in buying the starter pack with a portal? If so I can understand that, but it seems like LOTS of people on this forum don't like the fact that a new portal comes out almost every game. Just wondering why?

Yes, it's mostly a matter of money.

I wouldn't see why, otherwise, since all the new Portals can also be used on the old games, so the older ones can be sold to make more space. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#29 Posted: 19:20:33 22/10/2014
Drek95, kaosmumishot - you are missing the point. Personally I don't care about new portal for game #5. My point is that even with 2 years timeframe for the new game TfB didn't polish the game as they should do. Neither did VV in SF but comparing to Trap Team I think VV did the better job (in aspect of quality/bugs/polishing) with Swap Force.
Now we have over 200+ skylanders in the game. Add additional 60 (?) for Game #5. Add what-ever-new-gimmick-they-come-with, they will just have no time to polish the game to the near perfect shape. Add here @#$% decicion do not patch the game. I think this it is Activision's decision because usually normal developers are willing to fix the bugs they are aware of but publisher has other priorities. So the next game will be rushed into production same way with even more bugs - if their QAs are unable to test game with 200+ skylanders it is obvious that they will fail with 250+ for sure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:24 22/10/2014 by Rom713
#30 Posted: 19:41:11 22/10/2014
Drek95, kaosmumishot - you are missing the point. Personally I don't care about new portal for game #5. My point is that even with 2 years timeframe for the new game TfB didn't polish the game as they should do. Neither did VV in SF but comparing to Trap Team I think VV did the better job (in aspect of quality/bugs/polishing) with Swap Force.
Now we have over 200+ skylanders in the game. Add additional 60 (?) for Game #5. Add what-ever-new-gimmick-they-come-with, they will just have no time to polish the game to the near perfect shape. Add here @#$% decicion do not patch the game. I think this it is Activision's decision because usually normal developers are willing to fix the bugs they are aware of but publisher has other priorities. So the next game will be rushed into production same way with even more bugs - if their QAs are unable to test game with 200+ skylanders it is obvious that they will fail with 250+ for sure.

Yes, I know, but we were specifically talking about the Portals.

However, I would like to point out a few things:

1) The buggy version you are talking about is the next-gen one, created by Beenox, not TfB.
They are (in)famous for having created the extra-buggy Wii version of SWAP Force, which was also horrible looking.
With Trap Team they proved to be able to develop a really good looking game, but they are also probably not mature enough, as a software house, to also make their game solid and bug-free.

I honestly don't see a lack in quality, in Trap Team, compared to SWAP Force.
I think it's way better under a lot of aspects, as a Skylanders game.

2) Patches are supported for this game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#31 Posted: 20:55:34 22/10/2014
the wikia said blobbers could be a villain, said by a developer.
in skylanders 4,837,924,384

^ that was a joke, don't take it seriously. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:21 22/10/2014 by goldenrushducks
#32 Posted: 22:42:27 22/10/2014 | Topic Creator
@Drek95
Your saying that the last-gen versions of Trap Team aren't as buggy as current gen? Seriously?
And on a completly unreleated note, you know how you just made the post you were relying to appear over your own just there? How do you do that? I can't figure it out and I can't really post a thread asking about it
#33 Posted: 23:29:51 22/10/2014
@Drek95
Your saying that the last-gen versions of Trap Team aren't as buggy as current gen? Seriously?
And on a completly unreleated note, you know how you just made the post you were relying to appear over your own just there? How do you do that? I can't figure it out and I can't really post a thread asking about it

Just use the "quote" button under the post you want to reply to. smilie

And yes, I'm saying exactly that.
There have been so many evidences to support my opinion (even if I didn't experienced even one of those bugs, at least yet), that I'm pretty sure it is the most buggy version of the game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#34 Posted: 02:43:23 25/10/2014
I think sales will determine the traps fate in future games. Sales of traps seem to be popular in Aus, as everything but water and life traps are sold out. Although we haven't got wave 2 yet.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#35 Posted: 18:08:53 25/10/2014
I think all of the "magic" of the wireless portal magically sending them into the game was lost the second they put a cable on that giants portal. Plus people in my house have tripped over the cable of the portal too, so it's not that smart to begin with. In the future I think they should have a Wireless portal pack and then a wired portal pack, just like they did portal owners pack in giants. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a little 2 inch wireless usb thing has to be cheaper than a few feet of cable.
---
Dead
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#36 Posted: 18:23:23 25/10/2014
Nope I wire is way cheaper than a usb wireless plug. Plus with all the power the new portals use it would drain the batteries of a wireless portal in about 30-45 min. (the iPad wireless portal needs new batteries every hour or so...)
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#37 Posted: 19:16:22 25/10/2014
Quote: mega spyro
I think all of the "magic" of the wireless portal magically sending them into the game was lost the second they put a cable on that giants portal. Plus people in my house have tripped over the cable of the portal too, so it's not that smart to begin with. In the future I think they should have a Wireless portal pack and then a wired portal pack, just like they did portal owners pack in giants. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a little 2 inch wireless usb thing has to be cheaper than a few feet of cable.

if you take away the cable you would use all your money to buy battery.......
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#38 Posted: 20:15:14 25/10/2014
Quote: mega spyro

You might be right about the "magic", but I honestly prefer to spend my money on Skylanders, rather than batteries. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me