Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wave Two Trap Hunting... [CLOSED]
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#1 Posted: 15:33:32 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
So despite the advance heads up this forum gave, I had a REALLY hard time finding all of the traps this wave!! I went to 4 Walmart, 4 EBgames, a few other stores (Target, Futureshop, Best Buy). Most stores get 1 of the hardest: Water Axe, Magic Hourglass, and Life Toucan. These are 1 per case as a previous forum discussed...but holy! The Magic Hourglass was the hardest, while the Water Axe was the second toughest. Life Toucan I did see at almost every store, perhaps because people got the Life trap in the starters. Share your hunting stories here!

PS also found a ton of pegs of Kaos traps at Toys R Us a week back, they were gone in a day the employee said
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#2 Posted: 15:59:25 20/10/2014
I'm glad I grabbed a Magic Hourglass when I did, back on the day TRU got Wave 2. I only got it because I like the trap design, but it turned out to be a little extra special smilie
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#3 Posted: 16:09:19 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm starting to think that putting together a complete set of traps will take some real hard work. It's not like you can call a store and say "Hey, do you have the Life Toucan trap?" thanks to the way the packaging doesn't specify. It used to be hard enough calling "Do you have Firebone Hotdog?" only to be assured they did, and arrive to find a Giants version!
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4 Posted: 16:28:01 20/10/2014
Went to a Gamestope but only found the Wave 2 Skylanders, going to go to a different one soon to hopefully find the wave 2 traps.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#5 Posted: 16:32:30 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351
Went to a Gamestope but only found the Wave 2 Skylanders, going to go to a different one soon to hopefully find the wave 2 traps.

Helpful hint, I called stores and asked if they had Bushwack....easy enough for the store person to check. 9/10 if they have him they have/had traps.
---
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#6 Posted: 16:42:28 20/10/2014
Quote: ninja9351

All the gamestop stores in my area (tx) got everything wave 2 EXCEPT the traps!! But TRU had tons of them plus kaos!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#7 Posted: 18:17:51 20/10/2014
Getting all the traps hasn't been an issue for me, but I think it was how things worked out. I was able to get the Kaos trap on launch day, so I wasn't stressed when I didn't see it when the wave 2 traps initially came out. I have since seen multiple Kaos traps in Target, but no where else. When wave 2 came out, I thought I got them all and my son told me I forgot Air Toucan. I found it at Target and it was at TRU when I looked.

The pain in getting traps is that it is a tedious process looking through them to find specific ones. With each wave, I've gone to the store with a list to make sure I didn't mess any. Air Toucan wasn't on my list and that's why I missed it that first time.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#8 Posted: 18:37:51 20/10/2014
I took a checklist to the store on the TRU release day. Got one of each. Since then, by just looking, I would only be able to guess which were wave 1 and wave 2 ( I'm pretty sure all the tikis, hourglasses, hands are wave 2 the rest not a clue). Not going to clutter my head, I'll take my list with me every time they release new ones, and I don't plan on buying anymore unless they have a $1 deal like TRU did. 5.99-6.99 is more than SSA figures cost me.
I was also helped by the fact that someone listed the box count or waves 1 and 2 on here, so I knew what to expect. Props to you whoever you were.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:17 20/10/2014 by 7Habits
#9 Posted: 18:41:35 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I printed out that checklist with pictures in another thread, that way I can check them off as I get them. It's always with me, along with a backup list on my cell
---
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#10 Posted: 00:22:20 21/10/2014
Apparently we are bsck to SSA days when it comes to traps. 4 years into this game and they still can't produce enough supply for the demand. My toys r us got the wave 2 traps in once. Out of all the boxes there was just one water axe trap and I was there when they unloaded the truck. I mean seriously one water trap for a tri city area that only has one toys r us in a 90 mile radius? Some people live for the hunt but I just want to be able to get what I need without going on ebay. Even if its not the release date id be fine waiting for the next shipment but two weeks later and still no 2nd shipment? Time is money abd the way we are forced to call stores every morning or drive all over town wasting our timeit ends up costing us a lot more of then 9 to 17 bucks for a figure. I thought they learned how to make this work with swap force but it has only gotten worse
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#11 Posted: 06:09:15 21/10/2014
Quote: 7Habits
I took a checklist to the store on the TRU release day. Got one of each. Since then, by just looking, I would only be able to guess which were wave 1 and wave 2 ( I'm pretty sure all the tikis, hourglasses, hands are wave 2 the rest not a clue). Not going to clutter my head, I'll take my list with me every time they release new ones, and I don't plan on buying anymore unless they have a $1 deal like TRU did. 5.99-6.99 is more than SSA figures cost me.
I was also helped by the fact that someone listed the box count or waves 1 and 2 on here, so I knew what to expect. Props to you whoever you were.

Quote: Sivadreamer
I printed out that checklist with pictures in another thread, that way I can check them off as I get them. It's always with me, along with a backup list on my cell

I am glad the Trap Check List has help many of you, this was my reason for posting it.
Glad I could Help.
Rev 4 is ready to go, as soon as Dark/Light has been announced.
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#12 Posted: 16:07:03 21/10/2014
what thread was the check list under.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#13 Posted: 16:46:00 21/10/2014
Quote: DrillSarge
Apparently we are bsck to SSA days when it comes to traps. 4 years into this game and they still can't produce enough supply for the demand. My toys r us got the wave 2 traps in once. Out of all the boxes there was just one water axe trap and I was there when they unloaded the truck. I mean seriously one water trap for a tri city area that only has one toys r us in a 90 mile radius? Some people live for the hunt but I just want to be able to get what I need without going on ebay. Even if its not the release date id be fine waiting for the next shipment but two weeks later and still no 2nd shipment? Time is money abd the way we are forced to call stores every morning or drive all over town wasting our timeit ends up costing us a lot more of then 9 to 17 bucks for a figure. I thought they learned how to make this work with swap force but it has only gotten worse

There is ample supply of Traps, just not the ones you are looking for - the pegs are overflowing with them. Since they combined them under the same SKU, stores have no idea what is rare and what isn't - they just know they have plenty of Traps stocked. I'm glad I chose the 1 per element route, because boy that sounds frustrating.

I'm sure in a few weeks the problem will flip, people won't be able to find the certain Wave 1 Traps and all that will be on the pegs is the latest ones. When they run low they will ship out more which will be whatever the current Wave is at the time.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#14 Posted: 18:45:07 21/10/2014
What average person is going to buy more than one of each trap? Or maybe one of each and a handful of cool ones, tops? I can't imagine that even 1% of people playing this game will buy them all or anywhere near close to them all. These things will be in bargain bins for a buck next year.
---
Here we go again...!
#15 Posted: 18:58:26 21/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skylanders Dad
What average person is going to buy more than one of each trap? Or maybe one of each and a handful of cool ones, tops? I can't imagine that even 1% of people playing this game will buy them all or anywhere near close to them all. These things will be in bargain bins for a buck next year.

I disagree, I think they'll put them on sale at Christmas and order further supply based on sales numbers. Plus if some do make it to budget clearance, it will be the last waves. Judging by the fact there are already 36 traps out, not many left to make up more than another wave. I'm not counting light and dark traps though.
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#16 Posted: 19:20:35 21/10/2014
Quote: Skylanders Dad

I agree with this. These do not have the coolness that is an important component of the Skylanders figures. These will be on par with Disney Infinity power discs, but even less collectable. Definitely only in for the cool ones. And that's as an obsessive-compulsive individual.
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#17 Posted: 19:31:31 21/10/2014
$5.99 seems very high for the traps. I think the should be about $2.00
#18 Posted: 22:08:44 21/10/2014
as I sit here and think about the $30 I spent today at target on traps I think I'm just gonna get one of each element until the price goes down or I can take these back when they have some kind of deal on them.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#19 Posted: 23:57:09 21/10/2014
Quote: wickedrunt
as I sit here and think about the $30 I spent today at target on traps I think I'm just gonna get one of each element until the price goes down or I can take these back when they have some kind of deal on them.

The good thing is that scalpers don't even know which traps are rare...until they start reading these forums that is. The multitude of traps is just one big mess and they should have just kept it at one or two per element. I have tried to collect one figure of each in-game variant for each of the games so far, but it's simply nonsense when I go into the stores and stare up all these traps, so it's one gimmick I won't be taking part in getting them all. The ploy of cool, unique figures that can be played with like action figures is one thing, but the ploy of putting out an unnecessary amount of plastic junk kids can't even play with is just plain sad. If sales are successful, you can bet they'll put out another cheap plastic peripheral next year and Activision will be laughing all the way to the bank.
#20 Posted: 00:18:58 22/10/2014

Here s the post that has the Trap Checklist:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...c=108534&page=1
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#21 Posted: 00:21:09 22/10/2014
Does anyone else find it absurdly insane that people are buying a complete set of wave 2 traps on eBay for an average of $180????? yeesh.
#22 Posted: 00:26:42 22/10/2014
Ouch!!! Too rich for my blood
#23 Posted: 00:41:36 22/10/2014
Oi!!!!! I stumbled across this looking for traps on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...D-/271642134872

So basically this is a blind "auction" where you pay them over $10 and have absolutely no clue what you're actually gonna get or are buying. Is this even allowed on eBay? I feel like it violates some sort of policy protecting buyers... so I could end up with a bunch of duplicates I have or crappy common traps. Huh. I couldn't even stand to read through his insanely long all caps listing either lol.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#24 Posted: 04:38:21 22/10/2014
As much as id like to fill this trap box i wasted $20 on i don't think I want to anymore. Thou I might consider collecting one set to share amoung my family but even that im unsure about
#25 Posted: 05:02:15 22/10/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple

So basically this is a blind "auction" where you pay them over $10 and have absolutely no clue what you're actually gonna get or are buying. Is this even allowed on eBay? I feel like it violates some sort of policy protecting buyers... so I could end up with a bunch of duplicates I have or crappy common traps. Huh. I couldn't even stand to read through his insanely long all caps listing either lol.

I saw this today actually as an ebay seller of 13 years with over 3k pos feedback, and wondered the same thing about it being against policy!! Either way, not cool in my opinion! We have 25 traps now, all different, and only because manager sold me them for .99 cents each at TRU.. He told me these traps have one of the highest Mark-Ups of all the toys they currently sell!!
---
#26 Posted: 05:44:24 22/10/2014
^I asked eBay in chat tonight and it is against policy because it violates their item not as described policy that the buyer could open! So the lady created a report. Don't know how likely it is for eBay to actually do anything about it though. Considering at the time I reported it there were 13 sold and now there are 29 sold in a few hours lol. I feel really bad for the parents buying this. It's really misleading and deceitful. It doesn't even tell you it is random until halfway down the long listing.
#27 Posted: 10:12:54 22/10/2014
Quote: dinoah2005

Here s the post that has the Trap Checklist:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...c=108534&page=1

thank you for the check list. I don't know if these ones are rare but this is what I found at target today. air jughead, earth totem, magic hourglass, undead hand, and water log holder target exclusive.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#28 Posted: 16:02:29 22/10/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos

I saw this today actually as an ebay seller of 13 years with over 3k pos feedback, and wondered the same thing about it being against policy!! Either way, not cool in my opinion! We have 25 traps now, all different, and only because manager sold me them for .99 cents each at TRU.. He told me these traps have one of the highest Mark-Ups of all the toys they currently sell!!

Of course. No people really needed for these other than basic toy assembly with chip and packaging--no paint. IMO these things should be no more than 3.99 each.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#29 Posted: 16:03:55 22/10/2014
Earth totem isn't out yet as I recall!
---
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#30 Posted: 16:22:45 22/10/2014

Anything for a buck...
---
Here we go again...!
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#31 Posted: 02:06:13 23/10/2014
OH MY GOOOOD

I WENT TO A TARGET AND THEY HAD A FULL STOCK OF WAVE 2 TRAPS. BUT MY DUMB SELF ASSUMED THERE WOULD BE AN ABUNDANCE OF THEM, SO I DIDNT GET A SINGLE ONE!!!
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me