Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Is it To early? (WILL CLOSE SOON AS I GET ANSWER)
Page 1 of 1
Is it To early? (WILL CLOSE SOON AS I GET ANSWER) [CLOSED]
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#1 Posted: 15:24:18 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
So everytime a skylanders game has been out for a while, it always goes on a sale (like down to 45-50 bucks I think).

Is it still to early for that for the trap team game, because I'm going to get the game soon, but I don't want to get it and then very soon after It goes on a sale
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:24:48 18/10/2014 by Dragon15010
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#2 Posted: 15:34:52 18/10/2014
Check Black Friday, the game normally takes a plummet by then.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3 Posted: 15:37:32 18/10/2014
Yah like he said it will most likely go on sale in 5 weeks.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#4 Posted: 17:09:39 18/10/2014
I always get mine on Black Friday. The lowest I see it after that is like 29.99 during the Spring. But I'm not going to wait months just to save $7. But...I do think its easy to wait until Black Friday to get the starter pack. I already started buying the figures like Wallop, Nitro's, and Legendary's.
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#5 Posted: 01:51:24 19/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Thank you very much guys
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#6 Posted: 16:09:26 21/10/2014
I've always bought our Skylander games on Black Friday after release (except for SSA, since Giants was our first entry into the series). So far, TRU has had the best prices on them. I'm just hoping there is a decent deal on the dark starter (if they even have them). I wasn't worried about getting it last year since it was a Gamestop exclusive, but since TRU has it, I'm hoping to get it. My son doesn't like Snap Shot or Food Fight, though he likes the dark color scheme on them better (which I have to agree). But he does want Wildfire and the exclusive Kaos trap. There won't be any big sales on the game until then.

But just a heads up, I just happened to look and saw that TRU is opening at 5 PM on Thanksgiving. That will usually be when they have the best prices (the price on Black Friday is usually not as good). That kind of sucks for those of us who actually want to have Thanksgiving dinner with our families. 8 PM was ok, but 5 PM is ridiculous.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:44 21/10/2014 by obidawsn
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 17:11:19 21/10/2014
Quote: obidawsn
But just a heads up, I just happened to look and saw that TRU is opening at 5 PM on Thanksgiving. That will usually be when they have the best prices (the price on Black Friday is usually not as good). That kind of sucks for those of us who actually want to have Thanksgiving dinner with our families. 8 PM was ok, but 5 PM is ridiculous.

Yeah, as Jon Stewart said "Christmas is getting so big it is starting to eat other holidays ... Halloween, you're next". Last year Walmart's sales went live a week early. I got the Starter (for the figures since I got the Dark and sold the game to a neighbor) and the 3DS Starter for $27 ($10 extra off for Frito Lay coupons) and Infinity for $37 several days prior.

I'm not sure if the Dark Edition is going to be all that available come Thanksgiving, particularly for some consoles. More stores have it this year, but I've seen very few on shelves at this point and it is a mystery if Black Friday sales will even apply to it. Most sales are flat prices on the Starter, and I doubt many stores are going to dedicate ink in their sale paper to something it is likely to not have in stock at that point.
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#8 Posted: 18:51:34 21/10/2014
TRU figures are about $2 higher than target, walmart and amazon. They matched the price for me last week when they had the sale for $0.99 traps with the purchase of Trap Team skylanders. I had to get the manager approval but they did it.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#9 Posted: 20:06:34 21/10/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: obidawsn

Yeah, as Jon Stewart said "Christmas is getting so big it is starting to eat other holidays ... Halloween, you're next". Last year Walmart's sales went live a week early. I got the Starter (for the figures since I got the Dark and sold the game to a neighbor) and the 3DS Starter for $27 ($10 extra off for Frito Lay coupons) and Infinity for $37 several days prior.

I'm not sure if the Dark Edition is going to be all that available come Thanksgiving, particularly for some consoles. More stores have it this year, but I've seen very few on shelves at this point and it is a mystery if Black Friday sales will even apply to it. Most sales are flat prices on the Starter, and I doubt many stores are going to dedicate ink in their sale paper to something it is likely to not have in stock at that point.

TRU will prob be the only store that might do something with the dark editions, only because of how invested they are in skylanders. Thou, they might just have that as part of an online only sale etc.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:07:08 21/10/2014 by SlayerX11
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me