Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Maybe....possibly darker than LOS
Page 1 of 1
Maybe....possibly darker than LOS [CLOSED]
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#1 Posted: 14:48:25 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Now here we have a game that has the reason why Cynder is not on the classic Spyro games. This will be unpreventable, but what will this game be like, we don't know. follow what
I say, Here we have the reason for the portals in the classic games. now someone interpret this. Valley of thorns near the end. Falling in one of the levels, but coming back up again, repeatedly. It has a possibility of having really nice songs though. So what does this all mean, Well skylanders is out of the question. That is inevitable. Also LOS, somewhat repeated, but from what I saw, possibly darker. Now here's the reason why it may not be LOS. Malefor was fought in the beginning, not the end. Another reason, you can repeat levels.

Now also keep in mind that I saw it as a LOS and classic Spyro hybrid, so whatever this means, it means something not so nice is coming.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 15:26:11 18/10/2014
LOS ain't very dark, the cheesiness and OMG SO TENSE AND APOCALYPTIC break the ice hard. Some of the lore in Skylanders is pretty dark - namely a story scroll in one of the Undead levels which is pretty much "Why zombies attack the living anyway? It's not like everyone is going to die and be in the same side eventually" to put it on a few sentences.

Though to be fair I didn't get one word of what you said. LOS is a reboot,no ties with Classic. Skylanders is a reboot with ties to Classic but with such a distance between them that hardly matters outside of some lore because it's not the same dimension.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 22:10:24 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I still need a translation for thorns for one of the ending levels, and for the repeated falling.
---
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 05:55:17 22/10/2014
lol no.

the dream is dead m8
KnightArtorias Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#5 Posted: 19:07:34 22/10/2014
Can't help but think legend is a prequel to Skylanders, which is a prequel to classic, but what do I know. Also doesn't really explain how spyro could live over that whole time, but what do we know about dragons? Practically zilch. Also, if skylanders has no ties to legend, then what about cynder and hex's scroll explaining how she was corrupted by malefor?
---
"Caim? Caim...the one who calls to me...I cannot see. Where are you?"
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 19:21:44 22/10/2014
Quote: KnightArtorias
Can't help but think legend is a prequel to Skylanders, which is a prequel to classic, but what do I know. Also doesn't really explain how spyro could live over that whole time, but what do we know about dragons? Practically zilch. Also, if skylanders has no ties to legend, then what about cynder and hex's scroll explaining how she was corrupted by malefor?

Different universe. The Malefor in Skylanders is the Undead Dragon King of the underworld compared to his LoS counterpart who is a rare purple dragon. And Skylanders Malefor was defeated by Hex, compared to being defeated by Spyro and Cynder in the LoS universe.

The devs just decided to give Skylanders Cynder the same similar backstory as her LoS counterpart. While Hex was simply turned undead upon arriving in the underworld and took her anger out on Malefor who was hunting her down for her powers for quite some time.

Some fans, who have no clue on the Skylanders series, just try to merge both LoS and Skylanders universes together based on similarities between the two, when it's completely obvious that they're completely different by lore and characters.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:30:47 22/10/2014 by Aura24
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#7 Posted: 19:31:55 22/10/2014
The Legend of Spyro =/= Skylanders. /thread.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#8 Posted: 20:37:46 22/10/2014
It's hard to tell if Hex was the very first to beat up Malefor, Aura. From what it looks like, it's not impossible for it to have happened before or happen again, but the problem is that Malefor isn't one for showing up outside of his lair, probably sending whatever army or harbringer of destruction he has at the moment in his place. LOS was rewritten to fit the new lore, Classic COULD be Skyro's backstory because it's still Avalar and doesn't need a rewrite to fit, but it's something TFB isn't ever confirming because it's only relevant in the book series.
---
#9 Posted: 21:37:14 22/10/2014
Meh, I gave Skylanders 1 and 2 a try, but then I exposed it for the money making scheme it's turning out to be and yeah...Pretty much have abandoned Acti.
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#10 Posted: 22:12:29 22/10/2014
Meh, I gave Skylanders 1 and 2 a try, but then I exposed it for the money making scheme it's turning out to be and yeah...Pretty much have abandoned Acti.

Implying the other games weren't money making schemes. Some figures are going for dirt cheap nowadays, you can always try to grab some used portals and CDs or new figures during Black Friday sales. Sure, the yearly release WILL hurt it eventually,but that time just barely isn't now. The lore of the game is really enjoyable though, even if they hardly apply most of the worldbuilding they set up. I love it for what TFB tries so hard to do with it,not what Acti is trying to milk it for.
---
#11 Posted: 22:40:06 22/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost

Implying the other games weren't money making schemes. Some figures are going for dirt cheap nowadays, you can always try to grab some used portals and CDs or new figures during Black Friday sales. Sure, the yearly release WILL hurt it eventually,but that time just barely isn't now. The lore of the game is really enjoyable though, even if they hardly apply most of the worldbuilding they set up. I love it for what TFB tries so hard to do with it,not what Acti is trying to milk it for.

Gave up on CoD, too, actually. Gave on Activision period. FromSoftware and Bethesda are the two companies I still stick behind, also some indie devs.
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#12 Posted: 22:57:25 22/10/2014

Gave up on CoD, too, actually. Gave on Activision period. FromSoftware and Bethesda are the two companies I still stick behind, also some indie devs.

Well, I don't stick to the band, I go by the songs I like. Aside from Platinum Games, I never realy follow the releases of a company as a whole outside of the events because the livestreams are darn fun; I just find the games I like and follow specifically that franchise. Of course, I still avoid the truly bad stuff like everything EA does, but if it's not from them and the game is good, I see no problem in giving it some love. Though, Trap Team is probably my last Skylanders game because, as I said, it barely avoided getting hurt by the yearly releases and from the company's response to the bugs this year(X upgrade doesn't work? Who cares if you like that character, don't use it!) I don't think I want to see the fall of something with so much potential and probably the nicest looking DLC you could ask for before Amiibo showed up.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#13 Posted: 15:47:22 23/10/2014
D-don't do this to me. SKYLANDERS IS NOT in the same Universe as.....The Legend of Spyro. Ughh, what a disaster of a series.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#14 Posted: 17:09:32 23/10/2014
Technically, Skylanders IS in the same universe as LoS. At least, that was the genesis of the whole idea. :D
#15 Posted: 17:21:53 23/10/2014
Quote: Razz
Technically, Skylanders IS in the same universe as LoS. At least, that was the genesis of the whole idea. smilie

Source? I recall a lot of 'inspired by' in the interviews, but never being the same universe. Specially when they went out of their way of rewriting Malefor and Munitions Forge(which now has giant muscular red humans instead of Manweersmalls).
---
#16 Posted: 18:07:14 23/10/2014
I think Razz is (hopefully) joking. Skylanders shouldn't be part of the same canon as Legend of Spyro.

Searously though, please don't connect them, LoS was an awful series, I played the games when I was younger, and even still like some of the levels of the games, but to it's core, they're terrible, especially DoTD. That game oooooh that game. "Shudders"

If the Classic Spyro games were canon with Skylanders, I'd be OK with it, I love the classic series (YoTD for life) the two after it were ok, but got worse as they went on. ETDF was so bad it's fun. I liked Hero's Tail, but now I'd like to forget about it honestly, it just brings back an uncomfortable vibe.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#17 Posted: 04:49:39 24/10/2014
I am only partially joking; Skylanders is way too interesting and fun to be part of LoS. :D

But, no, I am specifically referencing Spyro's Kingdom, which was the Skylanders beta and was a direct spin-off from LoS. Skylanders used the ending of DotD as its jumping off point.
#18 Posted: 07:42:39 24/10/2014
Oh yeah, that I remember, but even that pre-alpha was loosely based; Spyro looked pretty young again and suddenly the entire architecture of the dragon places seemed straight out of a spooky castle.
---
#19 Posted: 11:51:00 24/10/2014
Thank God they didn't go that direction.

http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Spyro's_Kingdom
---
#20 Posted: 13:04:49 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Maybe soon I'll/we'll figure this out.
---
#21 Posted: 14:05:19 24/10/2014
IT'S NOT CANON!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#22 Posted: 18:24:12 24/10/2014
Man, but all the complaining makes me want to spend more time imagining that it is. :D
#23 Posted: 19:47:36 24/10/2014
Quote: Forgotten World
Maybe soon I'll/we'll figure this out.

I still don't get your point at all.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me