Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > lol how did locoguy get ripto'd?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
lol how did locoguy get ripto'd? [CLOSED]
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#51 Posted: 20:50:06 17/10/2014
Quote: AmethystRose
There's such a thing as total obsession taking over your life, and sadly, LocoGuy was one of those cases. He needed help badly... Revolving his life around Spyro like it was his life model and savior is actually kind of frightening... He would keep a count on how many days Spyro's last game was... That right there should tell you that there was something up. Then again, if what zer0dch said was true and he was autistic, then I can understand mostly why he is obsessed over something like Spyro. I won't go into too much scientific details, tho. Still, he needed to be more open about life and be open to new experiences. I just hope he seeks out help and gets the right kind of help he deserves.
Please don't be mad at me, I'm not trying to sound rude or anything. 3:

I 100% agree.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#52 Posted: 20:51:37 17/10/2014
Quote: parisruelz12
There's such a thing as total obsession taking over your life, and sadly, LocoGuy was one of those cases. He needed help badly... Revolving his life around Spyro like it was his life model and savior is actually kind of frightening... He would keep a count on how many days Spyro's last game was... That right there should tell you that there was something up. Then again, if what zer0dch said was true and he was autistic, then I can understand mostly why he is obsessed over something like Spyro. I won't go into too much scientific details, tho. Still, he needed to be more open about life and be open to new experiences. I just hope he seeks out help and gets the right kind of help he deserves.

I 100% agree.

Ditto..
[User Posted Image]
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:57 17/10/2014 by AvatariDragon
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#53 Posted: 20:57:16 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
PM'd him on DA. Just want to make sure he's alright and not too upset...after all, he is autistic and seems crazy obsessed with this site and Spyro.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#54 Posted: 20:58:00 17/10/2014
i think him being ripto'd from this site will help him get over spyro
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#55 Posted: 21:06:53 17/10/2014
Quote: Thunderdragon14

I'm not so sure. If he can't come here anymore, he might just try to find a new outlet; he has the whole Internet still. And who's to say he still won't visit darkSpyro? Just because he was ripto'd doesn't mean he can't still visit the site. With darkSpyro being a fansite for Spyro, I would assume that he would probably be obsessed with it, too. He could be on here right now reading through this topic for all we know.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#56 Posted: 21:09:49 17/10/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

I'm not so sure. If he can't come here anymore, he might just try to find a new outlet; he has the whole Internet still. And who's to say he still won't visit darkSpyro? Just because he was ripto'd doesn't mean he can't still visit the site. With darkSpyro being a fansite for Spyro, I would assume that he would probably be obsessed with it, too. He could be on here right now reading through this topic for all we know.

Hi Locoguy! :D
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#57 Posted: 21:10:05 17/10/2014

that's true
but i'm sure eventually he's going to let go
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#58 Posted: 21:12:21 17/10/2014

that's true
but i'm sure eventually he's going to let go

For his sake, I do hope so.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#59 Posted: 21:12:43 17/10/2014
I do agree, he wasn't all bad, he just needed try and break away from his obsession. Hopefully, he'll get better one day.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#60 Posted: 21:31:13 17/10/2014
Buy your own games.
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#61 Posted: 21:34:37 17/10/2014
Oh no, not Loco.
-reads fanfic-
This... is actually pretty well-written. He needed a way to explain how he felt, and he did.
I'm writing a book about dinosaurs at high school, how do you think people reading it feel?
Weird, that's what. And that's okay. I just...
that was so much emotion about a game, crammed in. If I ever write a Sonic Unleashed fanfic it will be the Werehog running through code, running from Sonic, and his friends...
Because that game is as unappreciated as Psychonauts.
Anywho, I'm a bit saddened by this.

ALSO PAGE.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#62 Posted: 21:53:18 17/10/2014
Spyro's chin game is strong
[User Posted Image]
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#63 Posted: 22:03:42 17/10/2014
Quote: Ice Dragoness

that is horrifying
and creepy
and disturbing

Quote: JCW555
Like, I can understand being a fanboy of something (like I am of Gordon Ramsay) but when you obsess over it to the point of it being annoying as ****, then you need to re-prioritize your life.

my thoughts on this exactly.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#64 Posted: 22:53:15 17/10/2014
Quote: Ice Dragoness

That seems like something you might write to gather your thoughts together and to maybe vent or have fun, but maybe not to post on the internet (assuming it's not a trollfic)... And the Spyro speaking to him to spread his word reminds me of Jesus speaking to his Apostles after his resurrection.

Also

Quote: The story
"Yeah, I have to agree," one said. "Some kids would **** off seeing 'crap-ass' classic Spyro."
"I'd beat the **** out of the child who does," another said.

Now, I know Loco didn't say this himself and someone else did, so I'm not directing this at him (assuming this is Loco's fanfic)! But unless I misunderstood what's being said (that's definitely a possibility since I'm not sure), I still felt like saying, "oh, a child might not like my favorite childhood game thats years old by now???? LETS BEAT 'EM UP, THE LITTLE ****S!!!!!!! THAT'LL MAKE THEM LIKE WHAT I LIKE/MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!"

I never quarreled with LocoGuy, I didn't have a personal problem with him and I hope he doesn't with me. I hope he's alright after his ban, and he gets the proper help if it truly gets to that point.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:27 17/10/2014 by LevanJess
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#65 Posted: 23:17:30 17/10/2014
I'm assuming (or hoping) that within a couple of years he'll grow out of his shell and learn to appreciate other games and experiences. Depending on his age, it could very well be a phase and will be something he'll grow out of. He'll probably then obsess over something on the same unhealthy level, but something that's probably still ongoing (which is better?).

*is

An obsession doesn't end simply because one gets banned from a fansite. There are others he can join. Didn't Spyro Forum opt against covering Skylanders stuff?
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#66 Posted: 23:23:47 17/10/2014
Somebody, please... Tell me in short why this happened?
#67 Posted: 23:30:23 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Loco responded.

Mentioned he is trying to come back, but he may steer clear as he left a pretty bad mark on the site.
#68 Posted: 23:36:10 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheJMAN184
LocoGuy send ROMS of Spyro Games to people's PM's and got reported by me a a bunch of other people.

Who did he send them to? For what purpose did he send the ROM's to? Did somebody just ask for the games, and he sent the links to the downloads?
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#69 Posted: 23:50:31 17/10/2014
Quote: zer0dch
LocoGuy send ROMS of Spyro Games to people's PM's and got reported by me a a bunch of other people.

Who did he send them to? For what purpose did he send the ROM's to? Did somebody just ask for the games, and he sent the links to the downloads?

All I know is that he sent them to me and epicLLOYD (don't ban us please) and that I didn't ask for them.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#70 Posted: 23:56:39 17/10/2014
So he just thought it was a good idea to suddenly give users ROMs?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#71 Posted: 23:59:20 17/10/2014
Quote: Aura24

Probably trying to share his love of Spyro to the world.
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
#72 Posted: 00:02:43 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LegoLander

What a moron.
#73 Posted: 00:09:47 18/10/2014
He is the founder of Spyroism and tried to spread the world with his Holy Bible, the Rom of Spyro.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#74 Posted: 00:32:29 18/10/2014

What a moron.

I thought you felt bad for him.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#75 Posted: 00:41:00 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator

What a moron.

I thought you felt bad for him.

I do. But I can't get over how he was sending ROM's to certain users who didn't like the old Spyro.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#76 Posted: 00:44:50 18/10/2014
Mentioned he is trying to come back, but he may steer clear as he left a pretty bad mark on the site.

Guess I'm going to have put on the radar for suspicious new accounts. *sigh*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#77 Posted: 00:47:25 18/10/2014

Well, maybe it was because I said somewhere that I never played the Original Spyro games because I couldn't on the gaming console that I had.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#78 Posted: 01:14:25 18/10/2014
Wow! o__O
That's all I have to say about that!
(And I thought my obsession with dragons was bad smilie)

Quote: epicLLOYD
How am I not riptoed?

Since you didn't distribute them, you shouldn't get ripto'd.
Though, I would suggest that you buy the legit games and delete all the ROMs you do have.
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:28 18/10/2014 by Starfire Dragon
#79 Posted: 02:45:55 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
So uh...Loco responded again. I don't know whether to feel bad or confused.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#80 Posted: 04:35:46 18/10/2014

wth happend?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
SackBoy01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#81 Posted: 04:45:28 18/10/2014
That story though
---
ded
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#82 Posted: 05:02:35 18/10/2014

THE SUSPENSE.
Seriously, though. What did he say?
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:02:58 18/10/2014 by AmethystRose
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#83 Posted: 09:47:10 18/10/2014
Wow...poor Loco.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#84 Posted: 17:58:09 18/10/2014
Well this is....
interesting. e.e
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#85 Posted: 18:21:31 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: me
Sure, go ahead and show me the email you sent.

Quote: loco
I was being recklessly impulsive. I'm sorry, but you know that sometimes we just forget about how we're supposed to behave. I'm just like that Spyro fella: always wanting to be the funny party animal, even if we have more important things to do ("Looks like I have some things to do.").

Seriously, I know I messed up, but I can control myself. It's one of the reasons I became less active in the website, anyway. I'll reduce my intensity to words like "frick" and "hell," but only mention them once every ten posts (most likely).

--------

But that was before I checked your newest topic, zer0dch. Look, I'm not offended, but that whole thing with that "Fanfic..." The guy who put it up copied my whole "Loco Story" topic and put it on Fanfiction. ****, man. I look at myself and just think about how crazy I SHOULDN'T be. You know what other obsession I had? That of a little boy who kept calling this apartment building a "boo-boo" hospital (he puts emphasis on "hospital" by adding the fact that it's for people with "boo-boos"). (goo.gl/NpXhhN <-- this thing.) I kept calling him "gay," since he wouldn't stop calling that building that. Plus, this was when I was in the 7th Grade and he was in the 1st. I would forget that he's not at the point that he would start learning how to multiply stuff, and thus make myself look like a jerk.

I guess I just like "fun jerk" as a personality. I know, to authority, that I should behave myself and act properly, with all respect due to all the rules authority has, but sometimes I just forget about that. We are imperfect beings, just like every other living organism on this 3rd planet of a planetary system. Seriously, even though I know a trillion squared is a septillion (10 to the 24th), I just happen to throw out the rules of society, just so I can have fun.

PS: This Spyro Forum topic makes me really reconsider my attributes, and makes me think that maybe I should just have you be a messenger and ditch the rejoin idea. Lance it is, then.

You weren't banned because of your obsession. You were banned because your obsession led to your bad behavior, there for breaking the piracy rule. You distributed ROM's and ISO files to users. Discussing and distributing such files are prohibited.

Spyroforum is still up? Da***.

I guess I forgot to skip some people. Whatever. That's only the first (and last) time I'll distribute stuff like that, anyway.

Limbo, Infinity Blade, Asphalt 8, Phases (Ketchapp), BASTION. I'm just trying to steer away from the consoles, too. Not much there other than Dark Souls and Skyrim.

I also played Call of Duty recently. I only played Call of Duty 'cause I met a guy three years younger than me. The end result was that he left and I made a WIP Spyro emblem, since I saw some MLP emblem and another emblem that, for some reason, reminded me of Whirlwind. She's legit, but not as much as Flashwing. Seriously though, I still won't trust Activision. I'm not going online again (I might just leave that emblem unfinished).

Why the hell would you bully a first grader like that? You mentioned you were in seventh grade at the time, but you're a prick for doing that...being out of yourself is not an excuse, Loco. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings when I say that.

Also...I'm just curious how you feel. You mentioned you were slightly autistic before and your obsession with Spyro and such makes me feel a little concerned. You gonna be alright?

Sometimes it feels like he goes off into a different space. I had no idea why he brought up the kid and the hospital. And the bullying to go with it really irks me.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#86 Posted: 18:28:06 18/10/2014
That's..um.. wow. I don't know what to say to that...
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#87 Posted: 18:34:17 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
That's..um.. wow. I don't know what to say to that...

I'm kinda hoping he doesn't mind that I posted what he said here...but I do think he needs to seek help too.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#88 Posted: 20:56:07 18/10/2014
I'm writing this with the assumption that either he is watching this thread, or zero is going to pass the message onto him anyway. Hi Loco, let's talk for a second. I don't intend to harm.

I was being recklessly impulsive. I'm sorry, but you know that sometimes we just forget about how we're supposed to behave. I'm just like that Spyro fella: always wanting to be the funny party animal, even if we have more important things to do ("Looks like I have some things to do.").

Seriously, I know I messed up, but I can control myself. It's one of the reasons I became less active in the website, anyway. I'll reduce my intensity to words like "frick" and "hell," but only mention them once every ten posts (most likely).

--------

But that was before I checked your newest topic, zer0dch. Look, I'm not offended, but that whole thing with that "Fanfic..." The guy who put it up copied my whole "Loco Story" topic and put it on Fanfiction. ****, man. I look at myself and just think about how crazy I SHOULDN'T be. You know what other obsession I had? That of a little boy who kept calling this apartment building a "boo-boo" hospital (he puts emphasis on "hospital" by adding the fact that it's for people with "boo-boos"). (goo.gl/NpXhhN <-- this thing.) I kept calling him "gay," since he wouldn't stop calling that building that. Plus, this was when I was in the 7th Grade and he was in the 1st. I would forget that he's not at the point that he would start learning how to multiply stuff, and thus make myself look like a jerk.

I guess I just like "fun jerk" as a personality. I know, to authority, that I should behave myself and act properly, with all respect due to all the rules authority has, but sometimes I just forget about that. We are imperfect beings, just like every other living organism on this 3rd planet of a planetary system. Seriously, even though I know a trillion squared is a septillion (10 to the 24th), I just happen to throw out the rules of society, just so I can have fun.

PS: This Spyro Forum topic makes me really reconsider my attributes, and makes me think that maybe I should just have you be a messenger and ditch the rejoin idea. Lance it is, then.

The ability to control yourself doesn't begin and end with the ability to not curse that much. Control comes in many different varieties and it also includes interests in video games featuring purple mythical creatures. We've seen so many posts related to you wanting Spyro back and got glimpses of how much it can affect your life (or even people around you) tells me that while you may have the ability to control how much you swear, you don't have control over the one thing you need control of; your interest in Spyro. Opting to let it affect you this way further damages you and would've kept you in hot water with us even if you weren't banned from the site.

I'm curious as to why you find being a "fun jerk" a positive trait or something you should embrace fully. Bullying a child that young for having an imagination and calling his home a boo boo hospital may sound silly to us, but you can't sit here and pretend that you have never had an imagination like that at his age. Some of us have vivid imaginations still (obviously more developed than boo boo hospitals). I'm glad you now realize that you were being a jerk but then you turn around and claim that you like being a "fun jerk", with no implication suggesting a desire to change that.

But hey, if you really need a little push, I'll play your game...

Let's think about Spyro. Classic Spyro. What is he? Adventurous, brave, bold, cocky, good hearted, a bit of a prankster. Has he ever been a "fun jerk"? Sure some of his behaviors could be considered being a jerk................by the villains who are jerks to everyone to begin with. Being a "fun jerk" is not one of Spyro's traits, as he isn't some sort of fun anti-hero. He's a straight up protagonist with 90s cool written all over him (like Sonic; is he a "fun jerk"?). If you are really going to try and compare yourself to Spyro, maybe you should reconsider some of your actions and some personality traits that you seem proud of, and fix yourself. There's being a mischievous rascal and there's being a jackass. People tend to prefer one over the other.

Throwing out the rules of society is not the brightest idea. You can question authority if you have valid reason to (we do it often here), but it's still no excuse to do whatever you want. On here it got you banned from the website. In real life it can land you a hefty fine or a prison sentence. Think long and hard about which rules you're abandoning, what consequences can occur, and if that fun is really worth those consequences.

And I fail to see how knowing some admittedly impressive math has anything to do with authority or your decision to say "**** rules".

It seems as though you have more personal demons than we originally thought and you are unable to cope with them on your own. We tried what we could to help you out with the Spyro obsession and offered multiple times to help you reach out to the forum and make friends but this seems beyond that now. Maybe you need professional help? It could for the benefit of yourself and people around you. As someone who has had professional help, it really can be a good thing and set you on the right path if you aren't improving on your own.

I hope everything turns out well. You can be a good person if your set your mind to it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:08 18/10/2014 by CAV
#89 Posted: 21:26:33 19/10/2014 | Topic Creator
dark52 ended having no freakin' idea how I got banned, even though everybody knows that he's the only one who has the power to just call anyone "Ripto" and throw the dino the frick out of the club. Well, that's actually wrong. Have you ever noticed that big black space on the bottom of every darkSpyro page? That thing that says "Curse?" Well, that's the website engine, and, judging by the fact that there's updating advertisements and that there's "Staff Pick" websites that run on the same engine (League of Legends, for instance), Curse has a live administration and moderation community behind it, too. The administrators are bigger than dark52, and probably watch over him without him even realizing it. These higher-rank administrators can probably tap into any website to see if the site's administrator(s) and moderators aren't ****ing with the law or just making sure that the website doesn't get too dirty, so I guess some pretty damn on-spot timing got the Curse administrators noticing messages saying that I was handing out those Roms and ISOs. Heck, if that's true, and if dark52 can only "un-Ripto" people that he "Ripto'd" himself, he probably won't have the authority to reactivate my account, even if I suddenly become a recognized to the masses. It's a scary thought, but I think that it's a warning that even dark52 should take.

Uhh...no...lol.

I'm also officially confused at what he's been trying to tell me.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#90 Posted: 21:29:10 19/10/2014
I... I can't even.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#91 Posted: 21:36:34 19/10/2014
hes... just... wow...
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#92 Posted: 21:37:32 19/10/2014
e_0 wut
#93 Posted: 21:44:45 19/10/2014
[User Posted Image]
- - -
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#94 Posted: 22:26:46 19/10/2014
darkspyro has its own illuminati now?
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#95 Posted: 22:35:54 19/10/2014
Quote: StormDragon21

All I know is that he sent them to me and epicLLOYD (don't ban us please) and that I didn't ask for them.

He actually sent them to me as well
---
now its time to get funky
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#96 Posted: 01:58:36 20/10/2014
*snip*

Uhh...no...lol.

I'm also officially confused at what he's been trying to tell me.

[User Posted Image]
*...*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#97 Posted: 02:03:09 20/10/2014
I think that Loco’s biggest flaw was a dedication taken a too bit far. I respect him for his commitment but when there is a war that one cannot win; one should not try to fight until the end in pointless war.

Locoguy could be a very reasonable and thought-out user but his Spyro obsession, unfortunately, took him to the levels from which one cannot escape from. For his commitment to the purple dragon we all are supposed to support, I respect him and wish him for the best future endeavours.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me