Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Traptanium crystals: don't wait too long to collect!
Page 1 of 1
Traptanium crystals: don't wait too long to collect! [CLOSED]
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#1 Posted: 20:01:47 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I just had to get up to tend to food on the stove, I figure just under 5 mins. Crystals spawned right as I got up, and then as I was looking for a trap master to select, they decayed. I doubt it was more than 5 mins total from spawn to decay, so do not delay in collecting these things!
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#2 Posted: 21:32:20 16/10/2014
Thanks for the warning. Do they turn red like the towers?
#3 Posted: 23:00:21 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
No warning signs. Just poofed.
---
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 00:52:02 17/10/2014
Quote: Kalamath
No warning signs. Just poofed.

Exact same experience here. On the one and only traptanium I've seen so far.g
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:46 17/10/2014 by Qanai
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#5 Posted: 01:00:01 17/10/2014
they turned red for me.
Unhappy Gamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1451
#6 Posted: 01:05:17 17/10/2014
Same here, the one that appeared for me turned red like the totems
---
If you have my other acct on your friends list feel free to remove. smilie
Corrupted acct name: CantPlay GameCrashed smilie
New acct name: Unhappy Gamer smilie
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#7 Posted: 23:03:46 17/10/2014
I've seen them turn red now too. I think the first time I missed it because I was trying to select the skylander and it disappeared while I was changing elements.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#8 Posted: 23:34:39 17/10/2014
it makes the same crashing sound when you "miss" it as the chompy pods and totems...Wish I knew what (if any) sound it makes when it appears. I don't always scroll around the kingdopm and sometimes just keep it on what I'm working on (or waiting for) relying on the sounds to go after new appearances
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#9 Posted: 23:38:36 17/10/2014
When it appears it makes a rustling sound which I'm pretty sure is the exact same effect as the Chompy pods.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#10 Posted: 17:47:18 18/10/2014
okay...I'll have to pay closer attention. THANKS!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#11 Posted: 14:54:26 20/10/2014
Quote: BUGMom05
it makes the same crashing sound when you "miss" it as the chompy pods and totems...Wish I knew what (if any) sound it makes when it appears. I don't always scroll around the kingdopm and sometimes just keep it on what I'm working on (or waiting for) relying on the sounds to go after new appearances

The key to solving this problem is to cover every island except for one completely (use cheap decorations for leftover space). It forces all mob/clutter/Hyde/etc. spawns to that location and gives them plenty of space to appear (don't use one of the mini islands, if there is no room it won't spawn at all) yet lets you go to one place to check for things. It obviously doesn't help on the Sugar Bats, but works for everything else. I also put my Troll Prison and Sheep Shearer on the same island for convenience - I use the lower left one for this. It saves a bunch of time and you don't miss things as much.
#12 Posted: 15:51:12 20/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Mine are definitely blinking red now. That first day though, I had nothing. Maybe the tab was lagging, or they fixed it on android, or maybe I was just in a daze... Anyhow, it blinks for me now. smilie
---
#13 Posted: 21:03:30 23/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Just timed one, roughly. It starts to blink in under 5 minutes. That it too harsh, IMO.

If I get a more accurate time, I'll post it.

ps. Like Def, I only allow space on my center island, or very close by, to better spot stuff.
---
#14 Posted: 23:09:43 23/10/2014
Typically, I click on Beatress and Quigley, then scan for sugar bats. As I'm scanning I click on my shrines and toy link towers to get the timer going on those. Then clear invader island. Afterwards I deal with sanctums, special houses/halls then adventure balloons since they aren't time sensitive. Then I deal with any gifts/gifting, plant crops at Beatress and lastly go clean up anything on invader island that took time to finish. That way I usually don't miss anything.

Invaders and totems disappear if you don't get to them fairly quickly. They need to be early in your routine.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#15 Posted: 04:16:15 24/10/2014
Quote: defpally
Typically, I click on Beatress and Quigley, then scan for sugar bats. As I'm scanning I click on my shrines and toy link towers to get the timer going on those. Then clear invader island. Afterwards I deal with sanctums, special houses/halls then adventure balloons since they aren't time sensitive. Then I deal with any gifts/gifting, plant crops at Beatress and lastly go clean up anything on invader island that took time to finish. That way I usually don't miss anything.

Invaders and totems disappear if you don't get to them fairly quickly. They need to be early in your routine.

I used to care about totems, now I wish they would not even pop up. I call them time wasters. Kind of like the different rewards on the console games where you keep having to take a figure off the portal and put another element on over and over, so annoying.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#16 Posted: 14:34:40 24/10/2014
Quote: 7Habits
Quote: defpally

I used to care about totems, now I wish they would not even pop up. I call them time wasters. Kind of like the different rewards on the console games where you keep having to take a figure off the portal and put another element on over and over, so annoying.

I happily let them time out and disappear.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:54 24/10/2014 by midas73
#17 Posted: 15:13:42 24/10/2014
Totems are good for a bit of experience on low level characters and Wishstones. I'm still missing Autumn Stump Smash, so I'd like to have as many as possible for the next "alts in the well" event. Also, getting some B&Bs is always nice to free up some space from lower population houses. But, they do get a little annoying, particularly if you have Cherry.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#18 Posted: 16:46:10 24/10/2014
Like everything else in this type of game, things that were very valuable at the lower levels eventually become worthless at the higher levels.

I remember when wish stones were hard to collect and I didn't want to risk missing out on any. When I got my first shrine and it matched the element of the day, I would check my island every hour (if possible) to maximize my stone collection. And other times early on when I only had one skylander of some elements, I would make sure everyone would be back from adventures before opening the island so as to not risk missing out on a totem.

Now though, I have more stones than I can spend and I agree the totems are more of an annoyance than anything.

But I also remember being engery poor, and now, apart from quest requirements, I can't remember the last time I bothered to plant a crop. With all the energy I get from Sheep Topiaries and houses, I have more than enough to power all my sanctums/sanctuaries and balloons.
#19 Posted: 16:51:34 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I'd love some advanced options to allow for on/off toggle of houses, totems, topiaries, etc.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me