Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
RESTART?! What the Blue Blazes?? [CLOSED]
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#51 Posted: 06:09:37 17/10/2014
Support is not answering my emails.

I have updated to iOS 8, reinstalled the app, and my kingdom was still level 1.

What is worse is that I saw it say "saving to cloud", so I think my game is done.
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#52 Posted: 13:23:43 17/10/2014
Have them escalate your ticket, that's your only chance, and it may not bear fruit, but there is a higher level of support they can forward your issue to who may be able to un-screw you.

I'm looking at the same issue, though not as long a time frame, still multiple alter egos and ~35 figure codes I can't replace, all the toy link towers etc etc. The number of gems it would take to get me even close to where I was would be obscene, and I wasn't even that deep into the game as some others. May drop the game entirely.
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#53 Posted: 15:05:19 17/10/2014
Seems I'm in the minority here... my game surprisingly didn't reset, which is a relief. It happened to my sister though, and she doesn't have an Activate account, so I fear she may be out of luck. :/
---
Purple dragon.
#54 Posted: 23:12:03 17/10/2014
Quote: Kfool
Have them escalate your ticket, that's your only chance, and it may not bear fruit, but there is a higher level of support they can forward your issue to who may be able to un-screw you.

I'm looking at the same issue, though not as long a time frame, still multiple alter egos and ~35 figure codes I can't replace, all the toy link towers etc etc. The number of gems it would take to get me even close to where I was would be obscene, and I wasn't even that deep into the game as some others. May drop the game entirely.

I am in a similar situation. I had all the sanctums (that were released), all alter egos except for Surfer Slam Bam, a few special houses, lots of B&Bs and Taverns, 75 Skylanders, at Kingdom Level 41. I also entered several codes as well.

I have contacted them through Twitter, and got a quick response. So far everything they have asked me to try I have already tried, and still no success. I don't know what I am going to do if I lose everything.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#55 Posted: 14:09:33 18/10/2014
It happened to me. Lot my Dark Slobber Tooth and my Legendary Stealth Elf. Lucky for me, the codes worked and I linked the toy linked Spylabders that I originally had.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
TeamPinkDogs Blue Sparx Gems: 586
#56 Posted: 16:26:21 18/10/2014
Well my game is gone. They gave me 45,000 gems.
jmarquis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#57 Posted: 00:14:20 19/10/2014
I ran into this same problem. Activision told me there was nothing they could do so I solved the problem myself.

This may have already been posted, but:

Uninstall the App from your device and remove all data. Reinstall the app. Play through the tutorial and then log back into Activate.
---
Level 45 - 213 Skylanders - Screen Name: jmarquis1983
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#58 Posted: 00:24:55 19/10/2014
Sometimes logging back isn't needed though. Both times I reinstalled it came back with the save data like nothing happened, though it did revert like 12 hours of progress because all my Sanctuaries were unactivated.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#59 Posted: 05:22:43 19/10/2014
Quote: TeamPinkDogs
Well my game is gone. They gave me 45,000 gems.

Did you get back any sanctums (upgraded sanctuaries)? Did they do anything about your kingdom level?
Tricoins Green Sparx Gems: 334
#60 Posted: 15:32:51 19/10/2014
So am I correct in discerning that we can no longer play offline? I have a 10 mile commute and would usually play then, (on my iPad that doesn't have cellular capabilities). Is this a thing of the past? I have been to afraid to try this past week because I may lose my progress.
#61 Posted: 18:56:09 19/10/2014
They did nothing about my level or my items. It was just the gems. They said they are not able to push any items. I had to start from the very beginning and use the gems to get me back to where I was. I was a level 27. I started playing again on Friday and am back up to level 16. I still have 20,000 gems left. The first thing I did was buy all companions to make my game go faster.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#62 Posted: 20:56:58 19/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Our iPad crashed and we lost our first game. The replacement ipad couldn't retrieve our game progress since we weren't signed in to activate. But we did move a LOT faster once we restarted becaus4e we focused on the right things instead of spending time on it.

Level 28 and no level 15 skylanders and only 20-30 gems a day and a smattering of companions after 5 months of play then it crashed in May. The restart--still in may--we had plenty of wishstones to get the alterego and now after 5 months of play we are level 42 with more companions and a great gold/gem production rate.

The only thing we really "lost" were the alter egos we won. but wishing weekends may totally take care of those.

I'm sorry it happened...I think you'll like it better now that you can streamline it. Even your missions will come faster.
#63 Posted: 20:59:24 19/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tricoins
So am I correct in discerning that we can no longer play offline? I have a 10 mile commute and would usually play then, (on my iPad that doesn't have cellular capabilities). Is this a thing of the past? I have been to afraid to try this past week because I may lose my progress.

I don;'t think that's true...I've been able to play offline, but it looks like you can't restart or reload the game in offline mode. If you normally play over wifi, just make sure you have the app running in the background or even open it before you leave.
#64 Posted: 01:55:46 20/10/2014
Hmm looking at this L2 kingdom I'm stuck with I see a bunch of my older skylanders that were linked for a long time listed as "Claim".

If they are unable to restore my game will I be able to just claim all of these skylanders once I start the long slog? I don't know the first few levels of strategy since my daughter played the first 8 or 9 levels, and since I may be looking at a bunch of gems (haven't heard from support at all) I'm starting to think how I can optimize.
---
MabuMommy Blue Sparx Gems: 906
#65 Posted: 02:26:59 20/10/2014
Quote: Tricoins

You can play offline. It was only for about a day and a half that it would restarteverytime you were offline. It's fine now. Ever since the new version (with trap team food fight on icon) it's been fine. I do the same, play offline on way to worki
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#66 Posted: 12:15:53 20/10/2014
Quote: Kfool
Hmm looking at this L2 kingdom I'm stuck with I see a bunch of my older skylanders that were linked for a long time listed as "Claim".

If they are unable to restore my game will I be able to just claim all of these skylanders once I start the long slog? I don't know the first few levels of strategy since my daughter played the first 8 or 9 levels, and since I may be looking at a bunch of gems (haven't heard from support at all) I'm starting to think how I can optimize.

Yes, just click claim to get the skylanders for free. I have seen that when I enter a code in LI, if I later go to play Battlegrounds or Cloud Patrol on the same device, I will have that skylander available to claim. I suspect what you're seeing is that same behaviour in reverse.
#67 Posted: 19:51:21 20/10/2014
Called in again, escalated a second time. If they do manage to recover my kingdom I'm going to request compensation for not being able ot do the undead sanctum quest and missed opportunities for the houses, sidekicks, etc.

If they can't and end up bombarding me with gems I'll have to figure out a new strategy.
---
#68 Posted: 22:06:58 23/10/2014
FYI, I went through e-mail support, which never responded.

I went through Twitter support (@ATVIAssist), and they gave me some advice, but nothing worked to restore my game.

So I finally called them (1-844-HELP-EON, which has a hilarious Kaos intro), and I now have a support case filed. They have told me that my progress is lost, but they will look at compensating me through gems.
#69 Posted: 22:29:53 23/10/2014
They did the same for me, my ticket strung out over a week then I gave in and asked for gems and hey gave me 13500. Which is a bit of a screwjob considering I had over 90 SL linked at the time and a solid list of companions from 50% off sales.

I renewed my support ticket, we'll see if they do anything.
---
#70 Posted: 18:05:19 24/10/2014
Well it took me exactly one week to get back to the level I was at before my game restarted. All of the gems they gave me really helped and I still have like 10,000 left. I also bought a bunch of skylanders with gems that I have been too lazy to link (ones that I own) so I will get refunded gems for those as well (when I get around to linking them). The thing I am most sad about is losing Mystic Star Strike and her hut but hopefully I will be able to purchase her again soon. I re-won Hallows Eve Hex from the wishing well a couple days ago.
#71 Posted: 00:14:56 31/10/2014
FYI, still going through phone support / Activision - My Support page.

I called them back, and they were apologetic, although still nothing was done. I was told my case would be escalated, as they realized I had supplied all of the required information (screen capture of old level, support code, and receipts of past gem purchases). I was promised a response within 24 hours.

Since it now 24 hours later, and nothing was done, I ended up calling them back. Support said that they are dealing with lots of cases of people having lost their progress. After that phone call, I received an e-mail stating that my case was escalated. Hopefully they will do something soon.

Edit: I noticed that my case status now changed from "Open" to "Escalated".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:10 31/10/2014 by DM235
#72 Posted: 13:59:37 01/11/2014
Update: Called again. More apologies... They said they were working on it. Finally got an e-mail that they were going to give me a "gift" of gems for my troubles. Checked in game, and received a bucket load of gems. I guess it's time to start rebuilding...
#73 Posted: 17:33:14 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
rebuilding will go faster now that you know what is important and get to start with all your skylanders
Good luck!
SkyGrand Green Sparx Gems: 499
#74 Posted: 18:59:33 01/11/2014
Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and got back as L30. Then I logged in and it loaded and I was L44 again! I will not play anymore offline - I know that it works for some of you, but I have experienced frequent problems after playing offline.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me