Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
RESTART?! What the Blue Blazes?? [CLOSED]
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#1 Posted: 01:02:26 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
After playing all day, managed to log on after dinner and read about KFool's problem.

Aura asking "how old are you?" and then his game completely gone.

Picked up the ipad and you'll never guess what was waiting for me. I'm too afraid to answer her question, but already fear that all may be lost!

we had 2500 gems! and companions that you can't get anymore (Ol' Mac) level 42 and 131 skylanders with more than 90 of them toylinked!
I could just scream!
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#2 Posted: 01:38:43 15/10/2014
Yeah I'm kinda afraid as well. I am only missing 2 mini's, and autumn SS from all the skylanders that are accessable, have all the houses(minus the mini houses), 2000 gems one of each generic house(dragon, bird, dark), three empty legendary houses on top of the rest being full and I am almost level 41. I don't want to lose all that work
texasaswang Green Sparx Gems: 244
#3 Posted: 01:40:52 15/10/2014
Same problem. Worse, I just restarted this week due to corrupted cloud save. Went from lvl 30 back up to lvl 15. Now its all gone again. Over 200 toy links combined. I'm about to give up.
#4 Posted: 01:55:57 15/10/2014
I hope there is someone who finds the correct answer so we don't have to fear this.
#5 Posted: 02:38:05 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
we didn't have an ACTIVATE account. So the first thing we had to do was get one from activision.
We don't have friends and don't visit anyone's kingdom, but our game is being saved to the cloud under our email. So we thought we might be able to get a restore.

So we contacted activision customer support. They opened a ticket but didn't sound very hopeful. I DID have a photo of my central island on the ipad--thanks to Dark Fhoenix's thread and they said that would help.
But when I told them we hadn't upgraded to iOS 8, that was their first suggestion. Uninstall L, Update the iPad, reinstall the app

Moira assured me that all patches from iOS problems have been accounted for and the lost/missing magic sanctums from some people is another issue entirely. of course, she also told me that no one else was experiencing my problem yet, either
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:11 15/10/2014 by BUGMom05
#6 Posted: 02:53:59 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
and we have full islands again...

WHEW!
#7 Posted: 03:52:12 15/10/2014
That is great news BUGMom glad to hear it. Also I'm happy that i didn't have the error that you encountered, but that doesn't mean I'm being less cautious now. I downloaded that app for my phone to have a back-up save.
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#8 Posted: 05:02:25 15/10/2014
Just lost everything. Don't have an Activate account.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I call Activision? Or try a phone restore from backup?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:03:10 15/10/2014 by DM235
#9 Posted: 05:05:32 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
have you upgraded to iOS 8?

I'd really start from there
#10 Posted: 05:09:05 15/10/2014
No, I haven't upgraded yet.

Did you update over WiFi or through iTunes / PC?
#11 Posted: 05:15:12 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Hubby did it, but I'm sure it was WiFi

We've had the updated downloaded since it came out, just hadn't installed it--and rightly so, since so many peoiple had problems early in.
Even if you don't want to upgrade to iOS...try just removing and reinstalling the app, first
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:16:30 15/10/2014 by BUGMom05
#12 Posted: 05:21:08 15/10/2014
Ok. I just tried updating, and it told me I need 6.9 GB of free storage (I have less than 1).

Going to have to figure something out tomorrow...
#13 Posted: 05:22:25 15/10/2014
I already tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and I just get the "How old are you" prompt each time.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#14 Posted: 08:44:52 15/10/2014
Oh that happened to me yesterday too . I was a bit worried but i fiddled with the age and went through the tutorial all the while trying to get into activate . When i tried to get it from the tablet everything was fine so that was a relief .

I believe when the cloud save activated on the smart phone it asked which save i wanted , My lvl 39 or this new one . I got my old island back . I dont have an activate account either .

Anyone stick in your age and play the tutorial a bit . If you have an activate account log or if you dont wait for cloud save to ask you.

When the LI servers go down or you log out it restarts . i have had this problem before
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 08:54:53 15/10/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#15 Posted: 09:52:50 15/10/2014
I have an activate account, it wouldn't acknowledge any other taps than those required for the tutorial, and now I'm afraid my cloud save is L1. How do I contact support? And not sure what I should do in terms of reinstall or iOS 8
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#16 Posted: 10:53:01 15/10/2014
Well, I have the Android version and the same just happened to me - definately an issue for everyone, because I read the thread yesterday and my save was just fine... And usually every event in my save has several hours of delay compared to when people first mention it.
No activate account tho. I'm not that mad since it's the first time I can't just force stop the game and come back to see my island untouched... But darn, I just got Halloween Hex - almost the full meter of the well for my favorite Skylander.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:53:57 15/10/2014 by Bifrost
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#17 Posted: 11:34:47 15/10/2014
Wow. I think I may switch to airplane mode before I open the app next and take some pictures.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#18 Posted: 12:57:44 15/10/2014
Backing up the iPod now...
#19 Posted: 13:20:34 15/10/2014
Well, airplane mode didn't work. I guess the update had downloaded without my noticing. Went through the tutorial and as other have said, it showed me as still logged on to Activate! That makes me nervous. I deleted the app and am in the process of re-installing...
#20 Posted: 13:34:55 15/10/2014
Ok - re-install went smoothly. Game even asked me if I wanted to automatically login as arkhamhorrorfan, which I thought was a nice touch. I said yes, and everything is back exactly as it was.

I did not perform the update to IOS8. I now wish I had, in case updating now will continue to cause problem, but oh well.

Hmm... as I typed that, the game crashed...
#21 Posted: 13:39:52 15/10/2014
Well, considering my slow internet,no idea how it downloaded the update without me noticing at morning. I think I'll wait before trying anything else but force stopping and restarting; no account could mean my save going away for reals if I reinstall it.
On that note, anyone knows what Hallows' Eve quests were? She was literally about to reach level 5 yesterday.
Edit: nevermind about the update, it was updating automatically, no idea for how long since until last month it seemed to be manual.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:55:49 15/10/2014 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 18:19:20 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kfool
I have an activate account, it wouldn't acknowledge any other taps than those required for the tutorial, and now I'm afraid my cloud save is L1. How do I contact support? And not sure what I should do in terms of reinstall or iOS 8

on the options menu, you click help--choose "I can't find an item I purchased..." it will give you an error code.

Then go to activision.com, sign in and follow prompts to the help until you get to tell them your problem.
#23 Posted: 18:23:39 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
Well, airplane mode didn't work. I guess the update had downloaded without my noticing. Went through the tutorial and as other have said, it showed me as still logged on to Activate! That makes me nervous. I deleted the app and am in the process of re-installing...

Going offline/airplane mode is what seems to trigger it, because it's restarting when you can't "sign in"
#24 Posted: 18:39:00 15/10/2014
Quote: BUGMom05
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan

Going offline/airplane mode is what seems to trigger it, because it's restarting when you can't "sign in"

So in trying to be careful I caused myself problems?! There are days when you just can't win.
#25 Posted: 18:48:20 15/10/2014
I signed in to the activision site and went through the support click throughs until I ended up with an Ambassador in chat, who immediately sent me to activision support on facebook, who I sent a PM to and have gotten a response. That response was to delete and reinstall, which I'm in the middle of right now.
---
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#26 Posted: 19:08:36 15/10/2014
If you upgrade from iTunes rather than over the air you don't need to worry about creating free space. The computer holds the iOS 8 update while it's pushed to the device.
iNiekie Blue Sparx Gems: 549
#27 Posted: 19:18:37 15/10/2014
Ummm I have exactly the same..... I have maxed everything, with a lot of gems and suddenly all gone. This is in my Sony / android.

Do you guys think it's worth a shot to install lost islands on my iPad, hope to get back in at level 45?
---
Activate family: DoubleDutchy & iNiekie (last account has problems....)
Daily gifter untill game crashed, Activision is working on it.......
#28 Posted: 19:35:13 15/10/2014
I recommend doing exactly what is suggested above - uninstall and reinstall the app.

I'll admit, it doesn't 'feel' like it should work, when you are looking at a reset game online with your activate name showing in the top right corner, but I did it, and it did work.
#29 Posted: 19:47:41 15/10/2014
Yeah, but without an account, is it even possible? Sure, it cloud saves, but I don't know enough about mobile games to know if the phone is enough to retrieve it...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:48:14 15/10/2014 by Bifrost
#30 Posted: 19:48:13 15/10/2014
I'm halfway through the process, reinstalled and went through tutorial, clicked Activate and it's frozen on Loading...
---
#31 Posted: 19:59:31 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
well, it happened again...
I went into airplane mode to make sure I didn't have any problems and my game restarted--asking me for my age. So I deleted and re-installed and this time (like last time) with the re-install I got everything back (again). But I got to thinking...
Some people may know that we always say that we are 7 (under the 13 year old limit for online play). And that removes the online/friending portion of the game. We don't have access to Admiral Thumpback, kudos, Aura or any of the "visiting" companions. We have always liked it that way--as most people here have heard me say--especially since joining the forum and people reporting game glitches or crashing as a result of visiting.

But that also means that our iPad doesn't log on to the activision site, and although our game progress is saved to the cloud (for the iPad to retrieve) it isn't saved anywhere else. When the old iPad crashed and died--we lost our first game; there was no back up to retrieve. As they weren't handing out activate accounts at the time, we had no recourse but to start over. That didn't hurt so bad as we were only level 20 something and the only skylanders we had were those from our own collections.

We just re-entered their codes and started over. It sucked, but it was do-able. But now, we've traded for like 2 doz skylanders--and those codes were traded on a one-use understanding and made enough gold to spin for the rest. Plus we have Ol' Mac, (that you can't get anymore), sanctums, alter egos and their houses and all the other stuff that we save gems for.

so, we took the plunge. We "grew up" and told our game the true age. We now have Aura and kudos. This has opened up just a little bit of game play (the missions to trade and gift). I doubt we will do any visiting and the kids won't be allowed to do, anyway.

But it also means that we sign in to activate. It means that there is a back-up of our game. It also means that loading the same game on a different device if we ever come to that again. I don't know what the answer is for some people--but it worked for us today. I may be cursing the decision later, but for now it is the decision we made

It looks like now, friends can just be made using facebook--So we will remain friendless for now. Because Hubby doesn't have FB, the kids don't either, anf the ipad is his work ipad

I'm not sure I'm willing to link my facebook to it. Someone may find out about my boyfriend, or something smilie
MabuMommy Blue Sparx Gems: 906
#32 Posted: 20:07:20 15/10/2014
Whew!!! I'm so glad I saw this thread. I too tried to play LI and to my horror found that my islands had reset to level 1.

I deleted the app. Redownloaded it, it asked me did I want to log on as MabuMommy and I did and everything is as I left it

I was trying to upgrade to iOS8 but I too didn't have enough storage

I had tried logging out and back in but that didn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling app worked for me

Just chiming in in the case that it would help someone else

I know I'm breathing a lot easier now. I was not happy--I have over 60 linked and some of those toys are with my sons half brothers so I wouldn't be able to relink (stupidly didn't save codes)
#33 Posted: 20:17:34 15/10/2014
Thxs, it worked for me. I'm back in business ;-)!
---
#34 Posted: 20:22:42 15/10/2014
Got all the way through and now it's relogged on to my Activate and it's still the kingdom from yesterday when it forced me into the tutorial, ending at Level 2.
---
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#35 Posted: 20:28:50 15/10/2014
I thought that I had lost my game as well earlier. Everything had reset.
I logged off Activate then installed the iOS 8 update. Tried logging in again and everything was still reset. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the app, logged back in everything had come back.
If I had permanently lost my progress I probably would have quit playing.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:27 15/10/2014 by Star Dragon
#36 Posted: 21:06:15 15/10/2014
Have a ticket and had a phone call, they've escalated my ticket. We'll see. Facebook Activision Assist said "oops too bad we can't help you what ticket do we send gems to?" Phone support has escalated, we'll see if they come through. The guy acknowledged they've been dealing with a lot of these calls. Even with many many thousands of gems that wouldn't get me back to where my daughter and I (and my son) were.
---
#37 Posted: 21:44:43 15/10/2014
Did anyone without an Activate account have any success? I have played the tutorial for quite a bit (kingdom is already at level 4), but so far it has never asked me to load my Cloud save.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#38 Posted: 21:47:22 15/10/2014
Quote:
well, it happened again...

Me too . Oh bother. If you have multiple IOS devices lost islands will ask you which save you want . its faster then reinstalling i think.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:48 15/10/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#39 Posted: 22:22:40 15/10/2014
Quote: DM235
Did anyone without an Activate account have any success? I have played the tutorial for quite a bit (kingdom is already at level 4), but so far it has never asked me to load my Cloud save.

I'm afraid to try and lose my 30 levels forever(plus my newly aquired Hex Alter Ego,or my F2P gem farm setup(Captain Whiteclaw,Cape Girl,King Capybara and Duff combined)), so first I think I'll try to get a backup of it in my computer if possible - it's not coming back on its own for sure. I'll report back later when I reinstall it.

EDIT: I'm not a clever girl and I think this thing works like a pen drive. I'll just reinstall the thing and hope for the best.

EDIT2: Yesss, my mess of islands plus the slightly organized Undead island are back!No need for an activate account,at least for Android! It's way messier than usual,which is weird since it gets barely enough obstacles and weeds even if I don't see it in an entire day.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:42:56 15/10/2014 by Bifrost
TeamPinkDogs Blue Sparx Gems: 586
#40 Posted: 00:10:12 16/10/2014
I am on android and this happened to me. I have uninstalled twice and it gives me an error when it tries to log in to my activate account. I'm also concerned that once it does log me in I will be level 2.
Krush_Hour Blue Sparx Gems: 966
#41 Posted: 02:04:43 16/10/2014
count me in the club too.. just started the game to find it reset to level 1 from level 45
hopefully this works..

followup: uninstall and reinstall worked. and yes it asked me by name if i wanted to log in
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:21 16/10/2014 by Krush_Hour
#42 Posted: 11:27:47 16/10/2014
Ok UPDATE ...had issue yesterday. Fixed issue yesterday

But, tried to open game this am not on wifi. Guess what!! Deja vu...right back to level 1. At least I'm not as freaked out today

But seriously, is it going to reset every time I'm offline? You've got to be kidding me....

I posted this in the hopes that when activision/apple/whoever is fixing this they realize this part of it!!!
#43 Posted: 11:41:46 16/10/2014
No need to panic. Reinstall again and it'll get a Food Fight icon, and it should work. It tried to reset me once more but this seems to have worked a second time - I hope, I can't finish the update yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:42:55 16/10/2014 by Bifrost
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#44 Posted: 12:07:15 16/10/2014
I had to install and reinstall a while ago. About the same time people with activate were having problems. This had nothing to do with activate because I ddnt have an account. I did get everything back.
This morning I updated LI and have no problems. Both my kids LI updates worked this morning also. Only 1 had to reinstall about a month ago when her iPad had to be replaced under warranty.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#45 Posted: 12:12:40 16/10/2014
I didn't have the problem until this morning. When I'm not at home, I'm not online. I tried calling the game up at work and got the verification screen. I didn't see an update before I left, this morning, so I guess I'll have to wait until I get home.
TeamPinkDogs Blue Sparx Gems: 586
#46 Posted: 16:12:25 16/10/2014
It is now letting me log in without an error but it is connecting me to a level two game instead of my level 27 one. I have an activate account. I'm not confident in this being resolved though. I am very unhappy.
#47 Posted: 21:02:45 16/10/2014
@bifrost--yep, thanks, it did work again

And I guess it booted me back to beginning again due to the update. When I re-installed for the second time I did indeed get all the trap team stuff/food fight icon etc. and now I'm offline and everything has remained normal--YAY!! I was not relishing reinstalling daily haha
#48 Posted: 23:01:48 16/10/2014
I guess I was cheering to early. Yesterday after thrown back to lvl 1 from 45, I got my world back after unstalling and reinstalling the game. But today same thing.... Unstalling and reinstalling just doesn' t work.
I get error codes 10 en 12 whatever that may be....

HELP!! Devs.... Please fix bug to that I can go back to lvl 45 and my 6600 gems
---
#49 Posted: 23:07:01 16/10/2014
But the strangest thing: thrown back to lvl 1, everything whiped out, but all the friends I had, where visible but as new friends, with a warm welcome of 50 kudos each.!?!?
---
jorgito2001 Green Sparx Gems: 373
#50 Posted: 00:17:49 17/10/2014
so while speaking to the Activision rep and pressing this, that and the other (which he made me do), I immediately saw a 'saving to the cloud'....needless to say I immediately got out of the app and uninstalled...but I fear it overwrote my previous game (Level 42, all the themed Skylanders won in the well and 40+ Skylanders fully upgraded)...am I screwed? reinstalling now, but fear the worst. If I lost the game I'm officially done, no way I do this again!

Rep says if I lost my game I'll be "compensated"....given all I had, doubt there's any amount of compensation he can offer to make up for literally 2+ years of work.

Update: Yup, just as I feared...I logged in and my game was STILL at level 1...meaning it saved to the cloud...also meaning I'm officially done with this game!...suckage!!!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:53:27 17/10/2014 by jorgito2001
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me