darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > The Definitive Skylanders Arena/Kaos Mode Tier List: TRAP TEAM EDITION!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Definitive Skylanders Arena/Kaos Mode Tier List: TRAP TEAM EDITION! [STICKY]
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#201 Posted: 20:56:25 05/02/2015
I got Tread Head, and played him on Kaos Mode with his Drag Racer path. (the one that improves his main attack, "wheelie"). The spin path seems much worse... Anyway...

I would put him the A tier. His damage output if you spam the wheelie button is on par with the best of them. Average 200 damage per hit, depending on what your crit is at. 167 non-crits, but ticks quickly. Also, he can just move right through most smaller enemies, making him able to avoid many attacks. He's one of the best Skylanders to kite with, as he can fire backwards while moving full speed. Speaking of his speed, he seems to move at a good pace. Still, he will die fairly easily if caught in between large enemies, which will happen because he needs to be in close range. Would be S tier if he could do this kind of damage from range or in a wider area of effect, but I guess that's the story with many of the melee Skylanders. As far as Skylanders without projectiles go, he's certainly one of the better ones.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 00:13:04 07/02/2015 by Friendzie
#202 Posted: 04:13:28 06/02/2015
I would also suggest dropping Lob Star down one or two ranks. Boiling him up takes a very long time. Once he's boiled he is a fairly good ranged attacker, but you need to continue boiling him at intervals, and in most sticky situations you will not have enough time to spend 5 seconds boiling up again. I would only keep him in A tier if he didn't have to boil himself. Without boil his ranged attack is extremely mediocre. I mean, Snap Shot does just as much damage as a boiled up Lob Star without ever having to stop.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:15:18 06/02/2015 by Friendzie
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#203 Posted: 23:48:15 06/02/2015
^Agreed, he is pretty weak when he isn't steamed up.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#204 Posted: 00:54:34 07/02/2015
I can help out any Skylanders or Villian people want me to try (does this have to be the final level of Kaos doom challenge. I'm working my way to that level and I'm wondering if can do any of the level before hand on hard if it is still ok)
---
POPSMARTS!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#205 Posted: 03:17:14 07/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Any level of KDC or AC is ok. Just as long as the level isn't in story mode.
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#206 Posted: 03:25:14 07/02/2015
ok do have any skylander you want me to test GigaCamo cause i have no idea who to start with
---
POPSMARTS!
#207 Posted: 13:36:38 07/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Anyone that isn't listed.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#208 Posted: 22:31:45 10/02/2015
All righty, been a while.

Countdown - Rocketeer Path - B Tier

He deals some pretty good damage on this path. The charged up rocket is very strong, and the two rockets that fire off alongside it on this path are decent. His head... explosion... attack also deals good damage, and his self-destruct Soul Gem move is great for crowd control. The only thing that prevents me from rating him any higher is his Bomb Buddies. They suck.

Trolling Thunder - A/S Tier

He's a great character for dealing great damage quickly. The only drawbacks really are his mobility issues.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#209 Posted: 00:36:39 11/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Trolling was my first villian I ever caught and I remember thinking he would be OP. His mobility problems put him at A tier.
#210 Posted: 01:01:30 11/02/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
Trolling was my first villian I ever caught and I remember thinking he would be OP. His mobility problems put him at A tier.

Coolio.
---
Check this out! Please?
#211 Posted: 01:07:20 11/02/2015
Actually his mobility problems make him B-Tier, not only that, but he gets cornered way too easily.
---
#212 Posted: 02:50:28 11/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Glad to see you 2 are back!

I'm going to try Trolling Thunder Friday since I have a free day that day. I'm also going to try some Life Playable characters since that is my favorite element.
#213 Posted: 04:24:26 11/02/2015
Glad to be back, man.
---
Check this out! Please?
#214 Posted: 10:59:15 11/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm going to try a lot of Life characters on Friday.
#215 Posted: 21:24:26 11/02/2015
Why did you put S1 Drobot/Drobit in A-Tier? The wow pow doesn't make a difference, they should be put back in S-Tier, same with S1 Bash/Bop.
---
#216 Posted: 21:58:12 11/02/2015
Quote: ExcitonKnight
Why did you put S1 Drobot/Drobit in A-Tier? The wow pow doesn't make a difference, they should be put back in S-Tier, same with S1 Bash/Bop.

I disagree. First, Drobit should be lower because he has half the hit radius due to his wing lasers coming out of the same place his normal lasers do. Also the afterburner is really the only move you have if Drobot gets surrounded, which happens a lot, at least in arena mode. I'm not sure how you would even handle some of the later arena matches with Drobot on hard or nightmare. Enemies drop on your head and there are hazards all over. Chopper seems better for that kind of situation because he can just do maximum damage while running away AND floating over hazards.
#217 Posted: 22:00:25 11/02/2015
^Chopper? Better?! Chopper is garbage, all he can do is spam missiles that just circle the enemy and the hazards he can float over pretty much aren't there in Arena/KDC
---
#218 Posted: 22:32:29 11/02/2015
^Chopper? Better?! Chopper is garbage, all he can do is spam missiles that just circle the enemy and the hazards he can float over pretty much aren't there in Arena/KDC

Chopper can float over obstacles in arena mode, especially in the final ones. He can float over lasers and some of the ground projectiles. Drobot spams lasers the direction he's facing. Chopper can spam missiles while he's running away AND floating over obstacles, without ever having any issue hitting things. Drobot does more damage if you're in good position, though, of course.

I have no problem with you liking Drobot better. What's the deal, though, with the factual errors? I think Drobot is not always S tier in some of the arena modes because he can't maintain his distance when he's doing one where enemies drop from above or from all directions. Characters who can do a lot of damage while running away are really good for that sort of thing.

What I say is based on hard or nightmare modes, though. I'm sure Drobot kills anything instantly in easy or normal.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#219 Posted: 23:04:12 11/02/2015
Is there any Skylanders I should test out?

I want to contribute some more, but don't really know who to use~
#220 Posted: 23:20:02 11/02/2015
^Test out Trail Blazer if you have him, if not, maybe you could test out Free Ranger
---
#221 Posted: 00:05:57 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm doing Life Skylanders. S2 Stump Smash, Shroomboom and Tree Rex are first.
#222 Posted: 00:18:08 12/02/2015
^Test out Trail Blazer if you have him, if not, maybe you could test out Free Ranger

Well, you just beat me to it~

I was just about to post I will test some swap force cores and reposes, since it has some of my favorite characters, such as Roller Brawl, Blizzard Chill, LC Warnado, Pop Thorn, and now, Free Ranger~

Unless someone does all of these before I can post my results, I will try to test all that I listed~

EDIT: I forgot to mention!~ I'll also be testing Terrabite/S1 Terrafin!~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:19:52 12/02/2015 by Badwolfmichael
#223 Posted: 02:28:41 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
You can do them
#224 Posted: 02:41:47 12/02/2015
I call dibs on testing Deja Vu and Wham-Shell. If I can call dibs that is.
---
Check this out! Please?
#225 Posted: 03:09:51 12/02/2015
I call dibs on Wave 3 Trap Masters and remaining Doom Raiders

EDIT: After I take care of these, I will test out smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:43 15/02/2015 by ExcitonKnight
#226 Posted: 04:21:50 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
You can do them. I'll do every Life except Tuff Luck.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#227 Posted: 17:13:40 13/02/2015
Topic sticked + some edit to the first post! smilie Every Skylanders section has his own Tier List Topic except this one.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:33:08 13/02/2015 by Buuzer
#228 Posted: 23:47:59 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the new look Buuzer!
#229 Posted: 01:34:40 14/02/2015
The paths I'll be testing out for the Wave 3 TM's will Be Mentalist for smilie, Jumping Juggernaut for smilie and Warblade Whacker for smilie
---
#230 Posted: 01:55:10 14/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok! Look at the most recent update. I'm trying S2 Stump Smash- Nut Crafter.
#231 Posted: 01:59:04 14/02/2015
^I haven't played much of him in STT, but with the Wow Pow, I'm pretty sure he'll be better on this path compared to the other one.
---
#232 Posted: 03:19:26 14/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes. In Giants his Wow pow made his Drobot but no speed and more power. I want to test him to see if he will be like that.
#233 Posted: 04:16:41 14/02/2015
Wham-Shell - Captain Crustacean Path - C Tier smilie

In all honesty, he's a very powerful character on this path. WHEN HE'S NOT GETTING CORNERED BY ANNOYING ENEMIES. But I digress. His mace slam attack can stun enemies, which can be useful. But the hitbox for when he's swinging the mace seems a little off, like there were times when I should be hitting an enemy and I wasn't. And his combos are all just okay, though his 1-1-3 combo is pretty powerful.

Deja Vu - Remember to Live Path - C Tier as well smilie

Spawn in a past self and spam her space time shots. It's an effective way to overwhelm enemies! Plus they can even help out by placing down a second... time cloud... thing... which means twice as many soul gem explosions! The reason I don't root for her any higher is because:
1. Overall damage input. Her most powerful attack only does 80 damage without critting.
2. Her reliance on the past selves can put her at a disadvantage, especially against the larger enemies.
---
Check this out! Please?
#234 Posted: 12:34:32 14/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Will add. I want to add everyone before Skylanders 5 comes out because then this place will be dead.
#235 Posted: 05:03:38 15/02/2015
I've been testing smilie on the Jumping Juggernaut (I seem like the only one who prefers this path) and he's A Tier worthy at least. I thought I was gonna hate him , but he ended up being really good.

Attack 1(cannon): Good range, but I wish the damage was higher (only 40). It can be charged up, but it still doesn't do that much. It has great range, but other than that, its just your run of the mill projectile. It has good knockback on smaller enemies and it has really good range but thats pretty much it (at least on this path)

Attack 2(cannon jump): This is a great move for him . It gives him a nice leap fowards and has some really good damage, including an firequake that lingers for a few seconds that happens every time he jumps. The triple jump upgrade on this path is especially helpful since it makes him feel less clunky and it allows him to hit and run and do some really high damage in a decently sized area. It also stuns smaller enemies on this path which is the cherry on top of this amazing move. This attack can absolutely shred enemies on this path. I could be wrong on this, but I think he is even immune to damage mid-cannon jump

Attack 3(mortar attack): Shoots 6 missles at once which do about 100 per missile that you can aim. Very powerful, but it leaves you open for a few seconds, but it isn't as detrimental as something like Lob-Star's boil attack, one reason being you can jump cancel it. Takes care of big crowds that you can just cannon jump away from and setup. Very useful move for smilie's arsenal

EDIT; As I solo'd smilie with Kaboom on this path, I can confirm that he is 100% immune to damage in mid-jump.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:38 24/03/2015 by ExcitonKnight
#236 Posted: 05:19:38 15/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Accepted.
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#237 Posted: 23:23:26 18/02/2015
I've been testing smilie on the Jumping Juggernaut (I seem like the only one who prefers this path) and he's A Tier worthy at least....

Attack 2(cannon jump): This is a great move for him ...I think he is even immune to damage mid-cannon jump...

I agree with you about Ka-Boom on the jump path. Not many people seem to prefer it, but I definitely do. He is really powerful on this path. It's funny you mention it because I keep mentioning it too, but I have also noticed that he doesn't seem to take ANY damage while jumping, even when it looks like he totally should have. The triple jump also makes the mortars much more viable since you can use it to get space, and the mortars are really strong and really fun.

Things just get so easy whenever I give something a try with Ka-Boom on this path. I'd say A, possibly S if the immune to damage while jumping can be confirmed.

I spent a little time writing this other list of my favorite trap masters and paths in another thread awhile back, so I am going to leave it here. I enjoy tier lists and reading other people's opinions. I would say 1-5 in this I would put in A or S, personally, 6-8 would be A or B, 9-11 would be B or C, 12-13 would be bottom tier for me, but my experience with each character as you move down the list gets more limited, with the bottom being hardly played much at all other than to try them out for a bit:

Quote: samuraituretsky
Lists are fun. I'll list my personal opinion on power ranking along with my preferred path of the ones I own. Ok, here goes... strongest to longest, right?

1. smilie (Dual Mode Duelist) - Great mobility. The upgraded big golden gears are insane and her melee combo feels so good. Plus it tosses out an extra gear. And the gears are very shiny. And they seem to block enemy pathing (this plus her mobility and nobody is getting anywhere near you if you don't want them to). And you've still got a ranged attack in your back pocket if you need it (but let's be honest, ranged is boring). Did I mention how shiny the gears are?
2. smilie (Luminary of Light) - Pouncing everywhere, exploding auras, and immune to all damage for most the time while doing it. OP.
3. smilie (Shadow Summoner) - Lots of itty bitty heals over time if you spam the horn (as you should - more horn hits = more heals + more explosions + more stunned enemies). Exploding clones. Sword is still strong and you already have the best combo. Shadow-cloning the biggest enemies is awesome. Sit back and watch them wreck. Quick switch to a villain and back seems to fix things if your clones start glitching / not showing up like mine do sometimes (I'm on PS4 - has anyone else noticed this? Usually in arenas?).
4. smilie (Armor Awesomeness) - Brutal, long-reaching melee. Sick dash with a devastating AoE at the end (jump-cancel if using for mobility). On-demand healing. Toss acorns at fools when you feel like a laugh due to your enemies' futile attempts against your OP-edness. He's crazy.
5. smilie (Jumping Juggernaut) - Cannon jump is his best move, imo. It doesn't say it anywhere, but I'm 99% certain he's immune to damage while jumping. I never lose health jumping straight through groups destroying all in his path. The triple jump makes his sluggishness more tolerable and you can get some space to gun the stragglers down or lay some mortars (mortars r fun).
6. smilie (Chain Champion) - AoE Death Grip? Yes please. He seems really strong but I honestly haven't given him enough time since Ka-Boom gets all the minutes in my starting 5. My daughter loves him.
6. smilie (Pouncy Pounce!) - Stealth, stun, ambush. It's a play-style I love (Nightshade is so underrated). Oh, plus HEALS. She is obviously strong, but Bushwhack has been getting the start and the majority of the playing time. I could see her giving B-dub a run for his money later on though. Tied for 6th.
8. smilie (Shooting Star) - Strong but boring to me. Finding time for a boil feels like a chore. But yeah, he's strong. I might try switching paths on him because I don't know.
9. smilie (Air Ace) - Not much to say. I like the huge boomerang and huge belly. I think he gets a bad rap. He's solid gameplay-wise. Upgrading the boomerang seemed like an obvious choice, but now that I'm looking again I'm strongly considering Dizzy Destroyer. His belly shakes like a bowl full of jelly... or jello... either way it's a fun time.
10. smilie (Stomp Harder) - Mixed feeling. I like innovation and I like the play-style, but Roller Brawl does it so much better (at least when Bullrush let her pass through enemies back in Swap Force). Head Rush is sluggish and being forced to change direction to keep the charge going is annoying. And I wasn't about to take the path where she stands still and yodels.
11. smilie (Lord of the Sword) - I had to come back and edit him in because I forgot I owned him. Sword path because that swarm attack is lame (imo). I'm big on mobility and this guy has none. He gets no love from me despite the fact he's Undead (my favorite). Hoping Short Cut is better. I think he will be.
12. smilie (uh, he has paths?) - Boring. At least he is Australian, which is cool.
13. smilie (Psychokinetic) - is the path I probably would have chosen for him if I played him. Wasted Soul Gem. Wasted money. I don't need help with lock puzzles - they take 5-10 seconds. I'd honestly rather his brain powers let me skip cutscenes and portal transitions. It would save me more time in the long run. At least my daughter seems to like him. I don't feel right letting her play with such a gimped character, though, so I normally talk her into using one of her other favorites like Tuff Luck or Wildfire.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:33:15 18/02/2015 by samuraituretsky
#238 Posted: 23:52:51 18/02/2015
^OMG, FINALLY someone agrees with me about Kaboom's path, everyone likes the other path better and its just clunkier without the triple jump, and he ends up becoming a projectile spammer.
---
#239 Posted: 00:44:09 19/02/2015
Kaboom is one of my favorite projectile spammers on that path. He fills a whole room with it. It's not interesting gameplay really, but it's fun to watch.
#240 Posted: 04:47:36 19/02/2015
^Understandable, but still.
---
#241 Posted: 19:17:49 19/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I took Ka Booms jump path to. I actually quite like it. We all can agree on something.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#242 Posted: 21:40:27 19/02/2015
^OMG, FINALLY someone agrees with me about Kaboom's path, everyone likes the other path better and its just clunkier without the triple jump, and he ends up becoming a projectile spammer.

Don't forget about me too. I chose the jumping juggernaut path so he can move faster, but never thought he'd move faster and hit harder at the same time. There's no denying that this path is seriously underrated and helps a relatively slow character become a bouncing madman.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#243 Posted: 21:58:24 08/03/2015
I can do reviews for all of the Swap Force Skylanders I have: Wash Buckler, Freeze Blade, Blast Zone, Hoot Loop, Trap Shadow, Free Ranger, Rattle Shake, and Magna Charge.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#244 Posted: 23:55:19 08/03/2015
Is Bushwhack not on the list?~

If not, I rank him as an B-Tier~ On his Axe Avenger Upgrade Path~

smilie is very close to an A tier, though his attacks are approximately 101-132 each, and is a bit slow, but he makes up for it in his other attacks~

EDIT: Trying out the Armor Awesomeness Path, he is A tier on that path~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:02:20 09/03/2015 by Badwolfmichael
#245 Posted: 02:32:36 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormDragon21
I can do reviews for all of the Swap Force Skylanders I have: Wash Buckler, Freeze Blade, Blast Zone, Hoot Loop, Trap Shadow, Free Ranger, Rattle Shake, and Magna Charge.

Sweet! All help is appreciated!
#246 Posted: 02:37:30 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Is Bushwhack not on the list?~

If not, I rank him as an B-Tier~ On his Axe Avenger Upgrade Path~

smilie is very close to an A tier, though his attacks are approximately 101-132 each, and is a bit slow, but he makes up for it in his other attacks~

EDIT: Trying out the Armor Awesomeness Path, he is A tier on that path~

I think Bushwhack- Armor Awesomeness should be S Tier. When he charges jump cancel and you can pretty mush outrun anything. He has a good projectile and can heal after each round in the KDC. His ax can also do sweet damage and if you can his enemies with his TIMBER attack they are guarantied death.
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#247 Posted: 00:20:45 11/03/2015
I'll do S3 smilie, smilie, S3 smilie, smilie, and smilie
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#248 Posted: 01:42:26 12/03/2015
Anyway, here's something I just don't get: Drobot is S tier, Sheep Creep is G tier, and they have nearly the same attacks and damage. Sheep Creep's Fluff Bomb(as I call it) attack does as much as Drobot's Afterburners, and the balls of wool(sheep?) that are released do as much as his gear attack(last I checked).
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#249 Posted: 01:48:03 12/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ppmdoesskylands

Anyway, here's something I just don't get: Drobot is S tier, Sheep Creep is G tier, and they have nearly the same attacks and damage. Sheep Creep's Fluff Bomb(as I call it) attack does as much as Drobot's Afterburners, and the balls of wool(sheep?) that are released do as much as his gear attack(last I checked).

1) Sweet!

2) Drobot is quicker and doesn't sacrifice speed when holding down A. He also has more attacks.
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#250 Posted: 13:28:00 12/03/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
Quote: ppmdoesskylands

1) Sweet!

2) Drobot is quicker and doesn't sacrifice speed when holding down A. He also has more attacks.

agreed on #2
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me