Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Chase Variants Trap Team [CLOSED]
Sharpeido Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1 Posted: 19:55:11 09/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Well I thought we may have seen or heard of some chase variants for Trap Tram by now. I haven't filtered all the topics here and may have missed something. I have been at several stores when they were opening a bunch of boxes of Wave 1 and 2 and didn't see anything.

Has anyone heard of anything to look for?

Only thing I have come across is a Trap that was packaged upside down in the packaging. Not a variant, but I don't know if they do these things purposely to create a demand for mis-packaging.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 20:00:14 09/10/2014
No, as of now, there hasn't been a single chase variant for Trap Team.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#3 Posted: 01:35:52 10/10/2014
If i remember correctly we didn't see ones for swap force till later waves of wave 2. The first wave had none and the first of wave 2 had none.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 01:41:51 10/10/2014
As usual, I hope they do away with them or make them more plentiful (but still rare).
---
#all Spyros are valid
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#5 Posted: 05:11:11 11/10/2014
Do last games Chase Variants show up as Special or Rare now? Example: Green Scorp was Special is he now "Rare'?
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#6 Posted: 15:35:46 13/10/2014
Quote: KrazyBoomer
Do last games Chase Variants show up as Special or Rare now? Example: Green Scorp was Special is he now "Rare'?

There are no more Rare characters as of Trap Team. If you have more than one special version of a character (Blurple and Pumpkin Eye Brawl or GITD and Pumpkin Fright Rider, for example), Trap Team will only register one of the two in the collection screen and regardless of which you put on the portal, will mark it as Special. This was a big disappointment for me, as I've managed to get my hands on a few special figures over the years as well as a Blurple Eye Brawl chase variant.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#7 Posted: 02:41:18 14/10/2014
Quote: darkchylde28

There are no more Rare characters as of Trap Team. If you have more than one special version of a character (Blurple and Pumpkin Eye Brawl or GITD and Pumpkin Fright Rider, for example), Trap Team will only register one of the two in the collection screen and regardless of which you put on the portal, will mark it as Special. This was a big disappointment for me, as I've managed to get my hands on a few special figures over the years as well as a Blurple Eye Brawl chase variant.

-Doug

Aww what a let down. I have a bunch that were tagged "Rare" in SF and thought it was perfect because chase are rare! Oh well I guess lol
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#8 Posted: 15:35:36 14/10/2014
Aww what a let down. I have a bunch that were tagged "Rare" in SF and thought it was perfect because chase are rare! Oh well I guess lol

My thoughts exactly. The more little things like this I find in Trap Team, the more I almost think that Toys for Bob changed/reversed so many things to some way slight Vicarious Vision's handling of Swap Force. In my opinion, based on my experience so far with Trap Team, Toys for Bob should stick with character/world design and let Vicarious Visions do all of their game building from here on out.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me