Page 1 of 1
So I'm going for a 100% run [CLOSED]
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#1 Posted: 03:30:41 08/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I haven't played the game in a few years and I never even tried to beat it bc it was so impossibly glitchy, but I really want to try LPing and I think this would be a fun game to start with, if anything because keeping a glitch count would be fun.

First of all seeing as I've been on a classic streak lately I felt kinda "meh" about playing a ps2 Spyro game, and I was actually?? Honestly more impressed than I remembered being with the consistency regarding things? Everyone seems in character (other than Bianca who's kinda,,,) and I believe all the voice actors are the same, Spyro's animations are actually really cute (I like the humming he does when you leave the game alone too long heh), and the controls and such are all really similar. Even the humor is pretty funny? I appreciated the dragon's names at the dojo haha (Jackie, Bruce, etc)

For some reason I remembered it being drastically different from the first three, and other than the animation, it really isn't?

That isn't trying to say it's a good game, though. I just appreciated that aspect of it, especially since even though AHT is considered "classic" in the sense that it's pre-reboot, it's really really really different.

Anyway, I played the first level tonight (Dragonfly Dojo) and other than being all around irritated by the controls, especially in the flight/speedway portion, I ended up coming across two nearly game breaking glitches, one being that the walls and floor of the tank sequence literally disappeared so me, the obstacles, and the enemy tanks were all just floating around in the air, and the other being that the dragonflies themselves just turned invisible so I could only catch them by following their sounds/sparkly colorful trail

So yeah it's really glitchy oh my g o sh

I wrote a dA journal entry here but there's tons of cussing because I was fed up lol
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#2 Posted: 03:56:50 08/10/2014
Good Luck with that! I'm sure in 2 glitchy heartbroken years you'll be able to do it. smilie
#3 Posted: 06:36:31 08/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Ahaha, thanks!
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 18:32:50 08/10/2014
Yeah, unfortunately the difficulty in a 100% run isn't so much from tough challenges or level design, but bugs and clunky controls. Out of curiosity, which version are you using? The GCN version is definitely the most stable. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#5 Posted: 18:58:49 09/10/2014
I've actually 100%ed Enter the Dragonfly multiple times on both the Gamecube(Though emulated for HD and better framerate) and the original PS2 copy. This game is one of my favorite games of all time. People always overlook the amount of thought that actually went into the game because of all the glitches. It's actually not that glitchy of a game. In all of my 100% runs of the game, I've only had it crash once, on the PS2 in Level 2(Crop Circle Country). The music in the game is phenomenal and the levels are a step in the right direction. I especially love how the developers actually wanted to make it classic like the old ones. A Hero's Tail was the first game to change the Spyro series drastically, and I enjoy it less. I still like how the developers still cared for the original games. Anyway, good luck on that run. Some of the challenges(Honey Marsh Tank, Jurassic Jungle Volcano Slide) are really difficult. It's an amazing game though.
#6 Posted: 06:10:05 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Yeah, unfortunately the difficulty in a 100% run isn't so much from tough challenges or level design, but bugs and clunky controls. Out of curiosity, which version are you using? The GCN version is definitely the most stable. <.<

I'm using the PS2 version. And you're totally right here. The game isn't hard, or at least it shouldn't be, but the glitchiness and bad controls have made it nearly impossible so far. I ran into a glitch that made me have to redo a really irritating challenge THREE TIME. Ugh.

But like Slvr99 said, the game is actually good, or would have been, if it weren't for how rushed and glitchy it is. The music is great of course (Cloud 9 is amazing wow) and I really respect how similar they tried to make it to the original trilogy. Just... the glitches... and the framerate...
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#7 Posted: 20:16:14 05/09/2015
just beat the game on Gamecube a few weeks back...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me