darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Official Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Official Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread [STICKY]
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#51 Posted: 16:26:41 06/10/2014
Quote: jbkaok
Minor spoiler in here about when you first get Skystones! But this is a bug thread, so spoilers at own risk anyway I think.

Platform: PS4
Level: 5
Problem: At the start of the second Skystones match with the chefs, nothing in the game was responding, not even going to the Option menu. I could get back to the PS4 screen, so it wasn't a system freeze. After remembering controller weirdness from before, I saw that while my son had dropped out, the player 2 controller was still on. When I tried to use this controller, everything on the match confirmation menu worked. After I started the match, the Player 1 controller worked fine again!

I have noticed other strange things like this, such as the P2 controller working in a Skalatons mini-game, and allowing movement in the hat confirmation screen when getting a new hat. Even if P1 opened the box, whoever moved the controller to Yes and hit X got to wear the hat. Just seems like some sloppy controller crossover coding.

There is a similar bug in the Wii version of Swap Force too (I don't know if other versions also had the same problem). On the title screen, if Player 2 presses the A button to start the game, the game gets mixed up and thinks the Player 2 controller is actually Player 1, and vice versa. So where it would usually assign Player 1 to do something, it's actually Player 2 that has to perform the action, and vice versa. The only way to fix the glitch is to reset the game and have Player 1 press the A button on title screen.
---
Purple dragon.
GatorShea Green Sparx Gems: 361
#52 Posted: 16:29:50 06/10/2014
Is everyone else on the PS4 having the game show up in the XMB? My game installed but will not show up in the actual installed game data nor does it give the Trap Team icon in the XMB to start the game. I have to go into the downloads and click on the recent update to get into the game. It is a bit annoying.
---
PSN: GatorShea Feel free to add me if you play on either the PS3 or PS4.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#53 Posted: 16:55:12 06/10/2014
Platform: Xbox 360
Figure: Punk Shock
Level: I noticed it on Kaos Doom Challenge
What I did: Using her powers and kicking butt, I swear that I'm getting various beastly happy growls instead of her girly woo-hoo sounds. I think it's sometimes using Zap's voice set.

I will have to experiment more with this one to be certain about it. It was rather late and I done the entire 100 stage challenge in an extremely long sitting, so I may have been extra tired at that point and hearing things, but it did happen several times on several levels of the challenge.
---
Stay Cool!
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#54 Posted: 17:45:30 06/10/2014
If i knew what happened i would have told you sorry i didnt use the debugging screen.
All I know is I killed a grinade and that was it,treasure was not able to be picked up and when i started up the game the next time my save file was corrupted.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#55 Posted: 17:53:38 06/10/2014
Quote: MegaDozer
If i knew what happened i would have told you sorry i didnt use the debugging screen.
All I know is I killed a grinade and that was it,treasure was not able to be picked up and when i started up the game the next time my save file was corrupted.

what console did you play the game one?.... ps4,xbone,x360,ps3,wiiu,wii??
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#56 Posted: 05:49:28 07/10/2014
Platform: Wii-U
Figure: Dark Snap Shot w/ Brawl & Chain
Level: The Information Squid one
What happened: The treasure became intangible. I could not pick any of the treasure. Not from drops or from chests. This transpired when I opened up the villain chest while the villain was close to being switched out from being low on time so maybe that had something to do with it.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#57 Posted: 06:23:43 07/10/2014
Platform: PS3
Figures: smilie and Sure Shot smilie
Kaos Doom challenge and Skylanders Academy
What happened: For smilie after you unleash his scythe swing three times, quickly his scythe swing and he can move slowly while using the attack. For smilie I was gonna use his wow pow where the self slingshot would be used to hit mushrooms like a pinball and was pointing right at a vortex where enemies are summoned. Used the move and he was in limbo hitting against the portal and I was stuck until I tagged with a villain to cancel the attack.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#58 Posted: 10:52:54 07/10/2014
platform: ps3
bug/glitch reported: portal bug/glitch
reported by user: Titancrasher01

Quote:
This happened randomly while I was playing trap team on my PS3, I was in the middle of a level and I just trapped Rage Mage then a few minutes later the lights on my portal would go off or be two toned also when ever the villain talks through the speaker on it all the lights would go off except for the trap light and I've figured out that it will only happen while I play the game because I quit the game after the lights went off and noticed while on my home screen the portal worked normally.

Has anyone else experienced this as well?

source: (#1)
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108802

platform: wiiu
bug/glitch reported: ingamel bug/glitch
reported by user: LloydDXZX

Quote:
-An invincible troll. In chapter 3, there's some green troll with spiked spoon, but one of them was invincible he killed 10 of my skylanders and I was always hitting and shooting at him but he took 0 damages. And btw, I was in a (kill everyone to pass) zone so I had to close my Wii U and start it all again smilie

-Chef Pepper Jack. I don't know if you saw but in a video of SkyDad, Chef. was moon walking (glitch) and he was like ''Why is he moon walking?'' and Lou answered ''Still in development smilie'' but they didin't fix it smilie

-Camera sometimes doesn't follows you and it's really annoying.

source: (#1)
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108789
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:12:19 14/10/2014 by bionicle2809
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#59 Posted: 13:06:28 07/10/2014
Platform: Wii U
Figure: All
Level: All, incl Academy area

Two player rubber band effect gets out of control constantly. The "Hint: players got too far apart" message comes up and blinks like a strobe and the player characters will fly all over the place and suddenly slam down in a slightly different area from where we started. Happens all over the game in every level so far. Trying to do either of the "loot grab" missions (fireplace, door to far left) in the Academy are difficult at best due to this issue. (edit: Ninja'd)

----

Figure: Giant's Crusher
Level: Academy Area

Swung Skylander's Giants Crusher character's hammer down onto wall edge and it "stuck" for about 30 seconds. He just stuck there and eventually "jumped" up by himself. Hitting buttons on the controller did not do anything while he was stuck. I thought I was going to have to reset the Wii U...

----

Platform: Tablet
Figure: Any
Level: Chapter 2: Know it all island, Academy area

When the blockhead tells his little rhyme about the Golden Queen and spits out some coins, I believe that it should be a "one time thing", but you can walk away from him to another part of the level (not even very far) and then walk back to him and he will start up again and tell you about the Golden Queen again and spit out more coins. You can keep doing this over and over and over.

In the Academy area you can farm all of the cabinets in the same way, like the one in Auric's shop by getting the coins/gem and then taking the transporter to the main area and then back to his shop and the doors will be wiggling again ready to give you more loot. I don't think this is by design because my Wii U console version does not do this until you leave the Academy area into a level and come back.

----

Figure: Trigger Snappy
Level: Soda Springs

Just remembered, when we started the game, on the first level, I started with Trigger Snappy and 2nd player was Drobit and throughout Trigger Snappy's first level his XP bar showed no progress as in it did not have any graphics of it gaining any XP, but it actually was because both characters leveled up a the same time and after that TS' XP bar started to function normally.

----

..there will be more....

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:13:48 07/10/2014 by ViDeOmAnCiNi
#60 Posted: 13:10:01 07/10/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: MegaDozer

what console did you play the game one?.... ps4,xbone,x360,ps3,wiiu,wii??

I had this same problem on Wii U version as well for a short time in a level. I could not pick up any loot. The 2nd player could and 1st player (me) would get the benefit from the 2nd player picking it up, but 1st player could not pick any of it up. I would just walk through it.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#61 Posted: 13:16:23 07/10/2014
Character: Magna Charge
Not sure if this is a glitch, but when I use the magnet head attack in Persephone's area at Skylanders academy, it picks up the dummies and gets rid of them until you leave the area. It was pretty funny actually.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
NightShift Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#62 Posted: 14:18:48 07/10/2014
Quote: jbkaok
Minor spoiler in here about when you first get Skystones! But this is a bug thread, so spoilers at own risk anyway I think.

Level: 5
Problem: At the start of the second Skystones match with the chefs, nothing in the game was responding, not even going to the Option menu. I could get back to the PS4 screen, so it wasn't a system freeze. After remembering controller weirdness from before, I saw that while my son had dropped out, the player 2 controller was still on. When I tried to use this controller, everything on the match confirmation menu worked. After I started the match, the Player 1 controller worked fine again!

I have noticed other strange things like this, such as the P2 controller working in a Skalatons mini-game, and allowing movement in the hat confirmation screen when getting a new hat. Even if P1 opened the box, whoever moved the controller to Yes and hit X got to wear the hat. Just seems like some sloppy controller crossover coding.

The amount of controller weirdness in this game on PS4 is absurd. I've learned never to try having a person drop out cause the game just gets confused and then each controller controls half of a skylander or other insane stuff like that.
#63 Posted: 18:50:13 07/10/2014
platform: wii
bug/glitch reported: ingamel bug/glitch
reported by user: Bouncepad

Quote:
my Wii version of Trap Team has now done the "big" freeze TWICE (the freeze where you basically have to unplug your Wii to restart, the sound goes crazy, completely unplayable, etc). froze on level 8 and 9 when I was switching characters, and both times right at the end of the levels.

source: (#1/#5)
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108831

can people here help out filling out the missing info here?.. it would be very much appreciate.

PS4, 343MB patch version??
XBOne, size?? patch version??
X360, size?? patch version??
WiiU, size?? patch V1.01

i have got the complete info for the ps3 version now PS3, 23MB Patch V1.01 (thanks to min8or)
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:44 14/10/2014 by bionicle2809
Kage_Okami Green Sparx Gems: 161
#64 Posted: 00:52:31 08/10/2014
Level: All
There's a weird glitch I got a couple of times, like ViDeOmAnCiNi stated with the rubber band. If you're in co-op and one of you goes off of a really high bounce pad and the other player does not, the game sometimes begins to give you "the players are too far apart" message on strobe and it constantly respawns you both in the air one by one until both players can get out of the path of the bounce pad/reseat their skylanders on the portal.

Someone earlier mentioned that the controllers get funky on the PS4 version in Co-op, but in the PS3 version, every once in a while after switching skylanders or villains either myself or my co-op player's controllers will stop registering button commands. One player is totally fine, but the other can only walk, they can't perform any actions. I either had to reseat my Skylander or switch to a villain, but the switching to a villain sometimes doesn't work, you switch back and you still can't do anything. I remember it happened very frequently when I used smilie however.

Figure: Funny Bone
Level: Skylanders Academy
Right after receiving the fetch slam ability, upon first use Funny Bone got trapped in the ground. I know someone else had this glitch already mentioned, but I don't think they were on the PS3. Had to reseat him on the portal to get him out of the floor.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#65 Posted: 02:04:31 08/10/2014
Platform: Tablet
Level: Soda Springs
Character: Instant Food Fight
Bug: After the part where you jump over the bottle cap platforms onto the rooftop, Gulper did not move his hand over to the rooftop and instead, became stuck in his position before burping. This prevented the soda cannon from working and the vat from being destroyed, impeding progress.
Solution: Funnily, I think I was able to fix it by simply falling off the roof. After respawning, Gulper finally let out his burp and then moved his hand over in front of the soda vat, and I could play normally after that.
---
Purple dragon.
HamsterExAstris Yellow Sparx Gems: 1186
#66 Posted: 04:55:00 08/10/2014
Quote: GatorShea
Is everyone else on the PS4 having the game show up in the XMB? My game installed but will not show up in the actual installed game data nor does it give the Trap Team icon in the XMB to start the game. I have to go into the downloads and click on the recent update to get into the game. It is a bit annoying.

Mine did that at first, but ejecting & reinserting the disc fixed it.
#67 Posted: 21:52:08 08/10/2014
some interesting and exciting news here... the x360 patch size have been revealed, thanks to fairyland...

PS4, size?? patch V1.01
XBOne, 343MB patch version??
ps3, 23mb patch V1.01
X360, 24MB patch version??
WiiU, size?? patch V1.01
wii, no patch

so people keep on continuing to bring forward the missing info...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:16 13/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#68 Posted: 01:13:36 09/10/2014
EDIT: I r dumb. I didn't learn the full extent of how Kaos works.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:35 19/10/2014 by AzarianGO
Zauron Green Sparx Gems: 162
#69 Posted: 01:17:38 09/10/2014
I thought that was the way he was supposed to work. What's he do otherwise, pick a random element?
Kage_Okami Green Sparx Gems: 161
#70 Posted: 01:38:51 09/10/2014
Level: 12 Time Town
Desc: When fighting Cross Crow, after capturing him, all the enemies but one die on the spawner, and he refuses to move. Killed him with Cross Crow's secondary attack, and all the XP just sits up on their spawner, but the battle gate symbol, over the what I assume is a bounce pad, never goes away.
I guess I'll have to come back to this level to see what's up with that bounce pad.

Level 13: Future of Skylands
Desc: Insta-killed Blaster Tron with Scrap Shooter. When Blaster Tron was about to fire his gun, I ran along his side and hunkered down to use Scrap Shooter's barrel cannons, but I was very close to Blaster Tron. When Scrap Shooter braced himself Blaster Tron slid across the floor and off the battle arena, dying instantly.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:00:51 09/10/2014 by Kage_Okami
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#71 Posted: 02:27:03 09/10/2014
EDIT: I r dumb. I didn't learn the full extent of how Kaos works.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:25 19/10/2014 by AzarianGO
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#72 Posted: 03:15:22 09/10/2014
PS4
Level 7
Where you fight eye balls and flying things that throw balls at you. you have to beat them all and the gate will drop, however I have beat them all and the gate didn't drop. I was using Rattle Ranger on Nightmare and I did throw enemies over the edge which is what I believe is the cause of this issue.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:16:00 09/10/2014 by mantez
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#73 Posted: 04:10:11 09/10/2014
Holy crap, that's a lot of bugs - even just on the official page.

One from me:
Platform:XBOX One
Level: Very start of the game
Desc: Using the pre-order UFO hat card from Swap Force shows the hat's 'magic moment', but when you go to the hat collection there is a message 'hat not found'
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#74 Posted: 04:26:50 09/10/2014
I am having another hat issue. I am on XBOX 360, though I imagine this would affect all platforms. I imported all of my hats from Adventure and Giants, but the Gold Top Hat is not registering. I was able to bring over bronze and silver, though in game, the bronze LOOKS like it is gold, but the game is not recognizing the gold top hat that I just switched back to Giants and put on Drobot. He pops up in Trap Team wearing the Springtime Hat.
---
Hail Sithis
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#75 Posted: 11:16:15 09/10/2014
Quote: AzarianGO
I've had a bug occur with Kaos multiple times
Platform:Wii-u
Level: Doesn't matter
Desc: Occasionally, Kaos' main attack (y on the Wii-U) will lock into an element, causing him to cast this element endlessly (even magic, which can make him 100% unkillable). Holding Y when casting to cycle elements allows you to change elements, but the "permanent cast" will still apply, I.E. You swap to a fire cast, you will always fire cast.

Not only is Kaos a really OP character, he has a glitch that makes him above and beyond broken.

i thought that was how the attack was supposed to work, hold down main attack to cycle through the elements, then after that, every time you just press it it casts that same element. It does it every time for me, not just occasionally. it resets if you swap kaos back with your skylander, or you enter a new area.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#76 Posted: 11:40:42 09/10/2014
Figure: Jolly Bumbleblast,Kickoff Countdown,Springtime Trigger Happy

I was placing all my old Skylanders into the Trap Team game. I noticed the data for a couple of the hats were switched. Jolly Bumbleblast had the Kickoff hat, Kickoff Countdown had the Easter hat, and Springtime Trigger Happy had the Santa hat.

reported by another user and is the same problem as the ps4 version....

a big thanks goes to min8or, he have played the whole story mode on the ps3 without the 23mb patch... here is what he have to say...

Quote:
just caught kaos without the patch, nothing really to report. occasionally the exp. orbs would turn black and white, and sometimes it wouldn't let me pick up cash, i just walked right through it, and i got stuck under a couple of moving platforms, but that is really the worst that has happened during this play though. all 202 of my current collection registered and played fine.

we know now at least the story mode on the ps3 version is completable and there is no serious game breaking bugs that prevent you from complete the story.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:08 14/10/2014 by bionicle2809
djdatatec Green Sparx Gems: 367
#77 Posted: 13:34:30 09/10/2014
PS4 w/ Update
Portal/Game
Swappable characters when swapped after using for less than a minute causes the game to pop a message basically saying they are not readable
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:38:37 09/10/2014 by djdatatec
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#78 Posted: 22:27:24 10/10/2014
sorry for not posting this in this thread to begin with but. nobody had talked about the tablet editions here.

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the tablet edition. I have an ipad air and a nexus 7 (2013 edition with tons of free space). on the nexus 7 it just plan crashes at the starting of the app. my nexus 7 is stock, no root, nothing fancy, regular ol up to date nexus 7, with lots of free space.

luckily i have an ipad air (which is what i really wanted to play on anyway.) I've gotten a screen where it says "please place a skylander on the traptanium portal" and it just pops up kind of randomly. batteries are fine, even does it on fresh brand new batteries. my work around (so i dont lose the progress in the level, because if the portal goes out it should switch to instant play mode) turn off and then back on the ipad's bluetooth. Locking up at "preparing download" screen also happens quite a lot. dont switch to a new character while in a level or youll be messed cause you will lose your progress and have to restart). other errors on the ipad have included invisible enemies, invisible ground, lag and slow downs (and its an ipad air thats like the best ipad out right now) my ipad air is os 7.0.4 and there is at least about 1gb of free space on it.

now this is the part thats *really* bugging me. everytime i try to go to activisions support site, i get some "unknown error" when trying to log into the stupid account they made me make for getting support. also i dont have facebook or twitter, so i cant talk to them that way. do they have a phone number or something?
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#79 Posted: 23:06:31 10/10/2014
Figure: Jolly Bumbleblast,Kickoff Countdown,Springtime Trigger Happy

I was placing all my old Skylanders into the Trap Team game. I noticed the data for a couple of the hats were switched. Jolly Bumbleblast had the Kickoff hat, Kickoff Countdown had the Easter hat, and Springtime Trigger Happy had the Santa hat.

reported by another user and is the same problem as the ps4 version....

The same thing happened to me on the Wii U version when I put my ST Trigger Happy in the game.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#80 Posted: 20:35:28 11/10/2014
Platform- Wii
level 11 with gusto
I was battling a krankenstien surrounded by shield shredders and when I defeated all but one, the one left froze. I could still move but my attacks didn't do anything and I could walk through him.
All I had to do was restart the level to patch it.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#81 Posted: 21:43:16 11/10/2014
Platform: Any
Bug/Problem: Hood Sickle's quest can only be done once.
Workaround: Start a new game file if you need to re-execute the quest (likely to save him onto a new trap because you don't like his EVOLVED form).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#82 Posted: 22:12:53 11/10/2014
Design =/= Bug
---
bye
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#83 Posted: 22:42:40 11/10/2014
Xbox 360

Jolly Bumble Blast appears wearing the Kickoff hat, even if you set it specifically to the Jolly hat. KO Countdown and STBB Trigger Happy make their respective own hats appear normally though.
---
Whip up a storm!
#84 Posted: 23:50:13 11/10/2014
^ That's about the fourth mention of the hats. All of the hats that were included with the variants in Swap Force are messed up.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#85 Posted: 04:44:09 12/10/2014
Level: Mystic Mill, Nature Bridges North area

This is a great one.. My son thought it would be funny, on a continuous basis, to cross the bridges ahead of me and then when I was 1/2 way across, pull up the planks of the bridge via the trigger. Most of the time I just fell and then reappeared on the same side his character was on, but once in a while the game freaks out and I remain in the center of the bridge and just keep reappearing in the air above where the bridge used to be and then fall into the chasm over and over. The only way to get out of this "loop" is for the 2nd player to inch back over to the edge of the chasm (between 1st player falls) and catch it when the first player reappears and press their trigger to replace all of the planks of the bridge. It's kind of a funny glitch so say the least.

-vm
---

Aerin41 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#86 Posted: 07:04:58 12/10/2014
Level: All, incl Academy area

Unable to have a 2nd player join the game. Don't know if I'm missing something, but one of the first things we tried to do when starting the game was to put two characters on the portal. We can see the "(A) Join Game" message in the bottom right hand corner flashing, but pressing the button does nothing, and placing a 2nd Skylander on the portal makes the game display the "Too many characters" message.

Updated the Wii U system and had the patch download, didn't change anything. Tried with a regular Wii mote and a Pro controller.

SOLUTION: Found what was causing this. The nunchuck needs to be connected to the wii remote for anything to register. In previous games it would take you to the portal screen and tell you that you needed to have the nunchuck connected. In Trap Team, it just does nothing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:44 12/10/2014 by Aerin41
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#87 Posted: 07:33:46 12/10/2014
Playstation 3
Figure eye brawl
Level were u trap treadpack

When I did the battle arena somehow my eye brawl was standing there with his arms lifted like a 3d mode, being made trough a computer you know when a character model being made when I moved eye brawl he would be same pose by did move when attacking after that he went normal again in the academy
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#88 Posted: 09:51:00 12/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Workaround: Start a new game file if you need to re-execute the quest (likely to save him onto a new trap because you don't like his EVOLVED form).

thanks for this tip... now we know we need a dedicated trap for Hood Sickle and we cant remove him from that trap after he has evolved.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#89 Posted: 21:44:56 12/10/2014
Actually a sort-of problem with an actual figurine...Swarm.
Describe WHAT YOU DID to make the bug occur: Tried placing Swarm in the centre of the new portal. He doesn't light up. I move him near the edges of the trap and he does. It's kind of strange.
Describe the bug itself: Giants character doesn't light up properly, whilst all the other Giants characters I've tried do.
Patched it with latest patch to be available for PS4. The patch is version 1.01.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#90 Posted: 23:07:09 12/10/2014

thanks for this tip... now we know we need a dedicated trap for Hood Sickle and we cant remove him from that trap after he has evolved.

Except removing him from a trap does not make him lose his evolved status on that trap. It's perfectly possible to transfer him in and out of the trap without any issues. The problem is if you want to evolve him while in a different trap, and even then, the workaround is simple.

Also, GR's parenthesis comment makes no sense... If someone put Hood Sickle on a different trap because they didn't like the evolved form, why would they re-execute the quest that would make him evolve? It's more likely to happen to people who want to have all villains evolved on every trap possible.

Quote: Riser
Actually a sort-of problem with an actual figurine...Swarm.
Describe WHAT YOU DID to make the bug occur: Tried placing Swarm in the centre of the new portal. He doesn't light up. I move him near the edges of the trap and he does. It's kind of strange.
Describe the bug itself: Giants character doesn't light up properly, whilst all the other Giants characters I've tried do.
Patched it with latest patch to be available for PS4. The patch is version 1.01.

I've actually noticed this in earlier games as well (though by holding him above the portal rather than putting him onto it). Swarm's RFID chip (or at least the LED-triggering part of it) seems to be weaker than other figures.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#91 Posted: 23:32:33 12/10/2014
Platform: Xbox360 Bug/Problem:I was at the hub world and played the 2.5D challenge and i bounced on a jump pad as Drobit and my brother played at smilie and we both got stuck in the jump pad!I downloaded the patch and it was fixed.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:53:52 13/10/2014 by skylandersspyro
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#92 Posted: 23:36:07 12/10/2014
The xb360 patch size is i think 24 MB....
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
GooRoo Blue Sparx Gems: 955
#93 Posted: 00:19:42 13/10/2014
Characters: Gearshift and Nitro Krypt King
Level: 14 and hub world
Bug/Glitch: Invisible weapons

They both appear in game without weapons. They walk around as though they are holding them and even attack like they have them but you can't see them. If you change Gearshift out of her default attack, her gear shows up as the two pieces or the curly cue looking thing just not when she's in her pose position. We have tried other trap masters and they work fine. We can't try another platform at the moment.
Pics:
http://t.co/5Ds55QP5fn
http://t.co/hvfB6FxC0f
http://t.co/kJ02Bgv6zL

Edit: turning off the system and restarting the game appears to have fixed this glitch so far....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:04 13/10/2014 by GooRoo
#94 Posted: 01:29:46 13/10/2014
It probably was mentioned elsewhere in the OB*C and RiotSS threads, but if you have a variant villain and you don't have the 1.01 patch, it's possible that it may not show a villain loaded. Load the patch to resolve the issue.

Source: http://support.activision.com/...=RelatedArticle
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:30:14 13/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
#95 Posted: 09:20:29 13/10/2014
It probably was mentioned elsewhere in the OB*C and RiotSS threads, but if you have a variant villain and you don't have the 1.01 patch, it's possible that it may not show a villain loaded. Load the patch to resolve the issue.

Quote:
4. I have an exclusive, pre-loaded Trap with a special Villain, but nothing happens when I place the Trap on the Portal.
In order to resolve this issue, you need to capture the Villain using your exclusive Trap. The Villain in the Trap will be the special edition.

On Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Wii U, patch 1.0.1 addresses this issue. Simply start the game while connected to Internet to download the patch.

that is the first bug i have heard that demand the the patch... its insane how broken this game is. i dont understand why they released it in this unfinished state, they will just end up with a lot of unhappy customers. in the end it will damage their sales and reputations..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#96 Posted: 09:42:32 13/10/2014

Quote:
4. I have an exclusive, pre-loaded Trap with a special Villain, but nothing happens when I place the Trap on the Portal.
In order to resolve this issue, you need to capture the Villain using your exclusive Trap. The Villain in the Trap will be the special edition.

On Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Wii U, patch 1.0.1 addresses this issue. Simply start the game while connected to Internet to download the patch.

that is the first bug i have heard that demand the the patch... its insane how broken this game is. i dont understand why they released it in this unfinished state, they will just end up with a lot of unhappy customers. in the end it will damage their sales and reputations..

Well, patches are created to fix those kind of problems... So, it's quite logical to think they will remove a lot of those bugs, with future ones.

I thought the majority of the people here wanted a patch system, since a couple of years, but I must have misunderstood that...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#97 Posted: 09:49:58 13/10/2014
people want a finished game on day one that dont need a patch. and wait for fix later if developers are bothered to release a patch. with said the other games wasnt free of bugs, but trap team is the worst i have seen of the skylanders game, it was like the developers didnt even bother at all to test the game before releasing it. its a shame, it ruin peoples game experiences...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#98 Posted: 09:55:48 13/10/2014
I think we got that message already, Count. There will always be bugs and glitches in games, even when the devs have tested out any possible mess-ups before the game's release.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:56:13 13/10/2014 by Aura24
#99 Posted: 10:04:24 13/10/2014
Quote: Aura24
I think we got that message already, Count. There will always be bugs and glitches in games, even when the devs have tested out any possible mess-ups before the game's release.

the thing is with trap team they didnt test it enough, in fact it looks like they didnt bother at all. this forum is proof enough of that and they even halfway admit it on their support page. with all their solutions to problems of trap team. the other skylanders game was tested more and properly and that shows... this (un)Official Bug/Glitch tracking thread is to let people know what they can get into when buying trap team. as of now it looks like the best trap team console versions to get is the ps3/x360....

but enough of this discussion.... this is a bug report thread. so lets try stay on topic and get bugs reports and solutions smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:07:38 13/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#100 Posted: 13:47:48 13/10/2014
I've had a couple game ending bugs, the one last night REALLY irritated me.

XBOne
Monster Marsh
After defeating all three villains, when I get to the village where the Mabu are asleep, there was no 'fence' with sleeping Mabu, I was able to walk directly to the skystone match and then the Mabu laying down inside his house. Couldn't progress any further and there was no check point so I had to do the whole level again *nope*.
- Unreall
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me