Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
TRU deals for launch day [CLOSED]
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#1 Posted: 12:34:23 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator
From a press release dated 9/30/14:

As THE worldwide destination for Portal Masters, Toys"R"Us is celebrating the debut of Skylanders Trap Team with special events, an early opening, new exclusive figures and more. When Skylanders Trap Team releases this Sunday, October 5, all Toys"R"Us stores nationwide will open one hour early at 8am, with select stores opening at midnight. This morning, we also announced that Deja Vu will be joining Jawbreaker and Nightmare Express Adventure Pack in the Toys"R"Us exclusive Legendary series.

In addition, the villain Kaos will be taking over the Toys“R”Us Twitter channel on Saturday evening to amp fans up for the opening, Toys“R”Us Times Square will play host to special launch activities and we will offer the following deals and discounts for Portal Masters shopping in our stores during launch:

The following offer will be available only at Toys“R”Us stores from Saturday, October 5 through Saturday, October 11:
BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF Skylanders and Disney Infinity software, figures and accessories

The following offer will be available at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com from Saturday, October 5 through Saturday, October 11:
BUY ONE GET ONE $1 ALL Skylanders Traps

The following offer will be available for Rewards“R”Us loyalty members only at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide on Sunday, October 5 from 8 – 10 am and at select stores from 12:01 – 1am:
BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF Skylanders and Disney Infinity software, figures and accessories

The following offer will be available only at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide on Sunday, October 5 from 12:01 – 1am:
FREE Skylanders Single Figure with any Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack purchase

All of the usual "Cannot be combined with any other offer" and "Discounted item must be equal or lesser value to the lowest item purchased" nonsense applies.

I'm also putting this in the weekly deals section, so let's refrain from any "this already exists" posts.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#2 Posted: 12:54:28 01/10/2014
Dark edition at TRU?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 13:58:59 01/10/2014
Yes, ToysRUs will be getting the Dark Edition Starter packs. They'll probably be pretty limited, though.

Great, Times Square is doing another event at a bad time.. *sigh*
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
cleajame Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#4 Posted: 21:59:03 01/10/2014
So for those without a Toys R Us doing a midnight release we miss out on a free figure :-(. Figures.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#5 Posted: 08:16:18 02/10/2014
Fair warning, it take off 50% of the lower priced item. So im doing multiple transactions to maximize savings. All trap master on one, triple/adventure pack on another, and the last one traps <.<

Is it cheaper to buy the 2 triple trap packs and then the other singles or is it cheaper to buy them all as single since it is BOGO $1?
---
Praise Helix!!!
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#6 Posted: 16:24:17 02/10/2014
Quote: ace
Fair warning, it take off 50% of the lower priced item. So im doing multiple transactions to maximize savings. All trap master on one, triple/adventure pack on another, and the last one traps <.<

Is it cheaper to buy the 2 triple trap packs and then the other singles or is it cheaper to buy them all as single since it is BOGO $1?

7$ + 1 is 8$ for two, meaning four individual ones that day will cost 16$. Therefore it's 4 for 16 instead of 3 for 16.99.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#7 Posted: 16:56:24 02/10/2014
I have a lot of stuff on pre-order, but I might just go nuts at the midnight release and snag whatever I see. If I can get everything, I think I will save somewhere close to $70, which is totally worth cancelling or returning other pre-orders. That will probably just leave me with my tablet edition with Outlaw B+C and smilie to get from Target!
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#8 Posted: 17:36:06 02/10/2014
Quote: OnionCakes

7$ + 1 is 8$ for two, meaning four individual ones that day will cost 16$. Therefore it's 4 for 16 instead of 3 for 16.99.

If the trap triple packs are buy 1 get 1 50% off, they are cheaper per trap only if the price is less than $16. You essentially have the same deal if the triple packs are $16 (2 triple packs or 6 singles will run you $24. If triple packs are above $16, you're going to be paying more per trap with the triple pack. For the sake of variety and being able to pick & choose your traps, just go with the singles. If this game doesn't do well in sales, I can see them clearing out the single trap packs fairly quickly as it's bulky packaging and unnecessary clutter on the pegs...I am sure parents will look up at the figures on the pegs and be "oh great, another set of figures"...and then look over at the traps next to them and see them as unnecessary plastic junk. I don't think this gimmick will sit well with parents.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#9 Posted: 18:29:16 02/10/2014
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: OnionCakes

If the trap triple packs are buy 1 get 1 50% off, they are cheaper per trap only if the price is less than $16. You essentially have the same deal if the triple packs are $16 (2 triple packs or 6 singles will run you $24. If triple packs are above $16, you're going to be paying more per trap with the triple pack. For the sake of variety and being able to pick & choose your traps, just go with the singles. If this game doesn't do well in sales, I can see them clearing out the single trap packs fairly quickly as it's bulky packaging and unnecessary clutter on the pegs...I am sure parents will look up at the figures on the pegs and be "oh great, another set of figures"...and then look over at the traps next to them and see them as unnecessary plastic junk. I don't think this gimmick will sit well with parents.

Oh yes I didn't see the bogo50 if you go for mindnight or early morning. So it' s the same price for 6 and relatively cheaper if you get 4.

another thing to consider is if you go for the bogo50 on the 3 packs, one of the 3-packs comes with ANOTHER life trap. So if you want more variety go with the singles.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
BlackandTan Gold Sparx Gems: 2588
#10 Posted: 01:07:14 04/10/2014
Is this going to be online as well? There are no TRU's near me... I only have Walmart and Gamestop...
---
Can't wait for Imaginators!!!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#11 Posted: 05:01:09 04/10/2014
Anyone knows if the bogo 40% off stacks with the 10% off on thursdays?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me