darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders Mini's Unlock Exclusive Content!!!...So Says Walmart.
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Mini's Unlock Exclusive Content!!!...So Says Walmart.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1 Posted: 00:21:13 28/09/2014 | Topic Creator
So I was at my local Walmart and I noticed an advertising hood on their entry/exit security scanners that read...""Meet the Mini's" :Find the mini Skylanders throughout the store to unlock exclusive content".

[User Posted Image]

Did we know Minis had exclusive content? What is it? Is it Walmart only?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:10 28/09/2014 by Tigorus
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#2 Posted: 00:25:15 28/09/2014
It could just be that the "exclusive content" is just the ability to play as the mini characters. Sometimes stores don't really know what they're talking about. It's possible though, maybe there's some small doors or stuff that only minis can fit in. I happened to see that Walmart was selling posters with all the Minis on them too. I was tempted but don't have much wall space left, ha.
---
-joeiscool
#3 Posted: 00:28:42 28/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I was thinking maybe hats or outfit stuff...maybe? Activision would have to approve this to there must be something to it. Either way I don't remember hearing about this. Also the "Easter Egg" like hunt is an interesting touch. Don't think anyone's ever done that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:48 28/09/2014 by Tigorus
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#4 Posted: 00:31:12 28/09/2014
the wording sounds to me like it is an instore promotion thing, find the posters of all the minis, scan a code or something similar and it'll unlock a video or pictures or you'll get some stickers or cards or something, like a treasure hunt.
the fact it says they are in grocery and book sections makes me think this, i dunno if its normal for them to be in the grocery section, we don't really have anything like walmart in australia.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#5 Posted: 00:36:42 28/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: min8or
the wording sounds to me like it is an instore promotion thing, find the posters of all the minis, scan a code or something similar and it'll unlock a video or pictures or you'll get some stickers or cards or something, like a treasure hunt.
the fact it says they are in grocery and book sections makes me think this, i dunno if its normal for them to be in the grocery section, we don't really have anything like walmart in australia.

I get what you're saying but how would cards or stickers be "unlocking exclusive content"? It's got to have some kind of effect/interaction with the actual game.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 00:47:06 28/09/2014
Apparently they're also being sold in the groceries and books section of the store.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#7 Posted: 00:59:16 28/09/2014
i was just using examples of what the "exclusive content" could possibly be.
i'm not sure and am trying to work out how finding something in a store will unlock anything on my console, unless they give a code, which would open it up for lots of "promotional items" to be added that way, but that seems very "old school" to me. more likely would be a card similar to the UFO hat. that makes more sense to me. the wording is interesting though, if it is a hat or outfit why say "content" why not item or accessory, thats whats making me think its just pictures or videos or a wallpaper or something. might also be reading way to far into it too. hahah.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#8 Posted: 01:16:23 28/09/2014
Psh, I'm finding Skylanders in my groceries all the time. There's the rice, there's the eggs, there's the Gill Grunts. Oh, and they make dynamite sushi.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#9 Posted: 21:53:14 28/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Personally I'm hoping for actual game content like hats or outfits. Anything beyond that wouldn't be fair to those that don't have access to a Walmart (but let's face it that's like only 5% of the planet so it's not a big deal...to be clear that was sarcasm). I'm still curious as to what "unlock exclusive content" actually means. Maybe the minis themselves unlock something on a "global" scale that every mini will do. Speculation?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#10 Posted: 22:00:10 28/09/2014
Both TFB and Skylander Dad have confirmed Minis are only in the game to look cute. I wouldn't trust a random chain store.
#11 Posted: 22:04:11 28/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Both TFB and Skylander Dad have confirmed Minis are only in the game to look cute. I wouldn't trust a random chain store.

I'm not sure if Walmart qualifies as a random chain store, they are THE chain store. Plus Activision's stamp is on that poster and I'm sure they are aware of the claim. Granted that it's a copyright thing but still Avtivision has a pretty shard legal team. Look how quick they were this year to take don't spoilers they didn't want revealed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:00 28/09/2014 by Tigorus
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#12 Posted: 22:05:45 28/09/2014
In store promo with a reward for completing maybe they are handing out cards like the UFO hat or something.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#13 Posted: 22:52:13 28/09/2014
They did something like this one year where you went around the store collecting Skylander Elements to put on a sticker map.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#14 Posted: 00:02:15 29/09/2014
Inb4 hat
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Winter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1502
#15 Posted: 00:20:16 29/09/2014
I'm intrigued by the concept but if I remember the Giants Scavenger Hunt only select stores participated in it and the rest were half-hearted attempts if anything at all....

*sighs* Plus its Wal-Mart just about everything Wal-Mart does is half-hearted (I would put something more potent in place of half-hearted but there be kid-lets in the forums)

Guess I'll have to stop by Wal-Mart to make sure I'm not missing anything....
---
Eon:"Perhaps I can tell you more about it...in time."
Winter: D-did Eon just troll me!?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#16 Posted: 00:41:07 29/09/2014

What kind of old news have you been reading? Minis are playable as of Trap Team, so that's quite a bit more than just "looking cute." That was the old functionality, back when minis were officially named sidekicks, but it's been confirmed multiple times that Trap Team will allow all Minis (old and new) to be 100% playable characters instead of the bouncy door stops that they used to be.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
skylanderaddik Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#17 Posted: 00:58:12 29/09/2014
I was just at Walmart and didn't see this. Have to keep an eye out I love scavenger hunts smilie
---
Check out my sites: skylanderaddictsblog.com, facebook.com/skylanderaddicts, twitter.com/skylanderaddict, instagram@skylanderaddicts
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 01:08:40 29/09/2014
Intriguing, but I'm calling poo poo until we know more.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#19 Posted: 02:01:29 29/09/2014
I would not trust walmart to do any promotion right. I was in there today and they actually had some trap team starter packs out on the shelf. My daughter was with me and very excited even though I told her there was little chance we'd get it past a register. We took one of them to their electronics counter and of course, it was locked at the register. They didn't know why, and I had to explain to them they put it out a week early and almost had to go show them which boxes they need to take down, as they really didn't seem to have a clue.

They did have the trap team posters out...thanks to skylanders kid/dad for the tip on that one.
#20 Posted: 02:11:27 29/09/2014
It's either that situation or they will still have the boxes in the back a week after launch lol.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#21 Posted: 02:15:21 29/09/2014
The fact that it doesn't say "in-game content" leads me to believe it's just a QR code you can scan to get a picture to put as your phone background or something. I doubt it's something tangible for the game.
---
-joeiscool
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#22 Posted: 03:23:05 29/09/2014
Quote: darkchylde28

What kind of old news have you been reading? Minis are playable as of Trap Team, so that's quite a bit more than just "looking cute." That was the old functionality, back when minis were officially named sidekicks, but it's been confirmed multiple times that Trap Team will allow all Minis (old and new) to be 100% playable characters instead of the bouncy door stops that they used to be.

-Doug

They meant that despite being playable, they don't do anything more than their basic versions can do already. They're the same as their full-size counterparts, just smaller and cute. Nothing extra, no wow pow.
---
1Jn47
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#23 Posted: 11:53:45 29/09/2014
Walmart did something similar with The Avengers when it came out in theaters. They had pictures of the different Avengers around the store and you had to scan them using an app. It would unlock stuff in the app. This almost something like that. But since it doesn't say anything about an app to use or where to get it, I'm not really sure.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5298
#24 Posted: 12:33:25 29/09/2014
Maybe do something and get a free...mini?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
AusLander Red Sparx Gems: 60
#25 Posted: 14:26:26 29/09/2014
Quote: skylandsfan
Maybe do something and get a free...mini?

That would involve activision giving something away..without purchasing playable plastic crack
zorlord333 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#26 Posted: 05:00:59 04/10/2014
I was in my walmart tonight( east greenbush, NY) and found a sign in Books. It has something to do with the Collection app, there was a code : CrashNBurn and says to unlock small fry. Search the store for other signs but did not find any.
Mac Yellow Sparx Gems: 1964
#27 Posted: 20:08:04 04/10/2014
http://www.walmart.com/skylanders
Weeruptor code is listed in the pic.
Code: BORNTOBURN
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#28 Posted: 22:11:04 04/10/2014
I wonder if they know the App hasn't been updated. It still doesn't even have some Swap Force stuff on it.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Mac Yellow Sparx Gems: 1964
#29 Posted: 23:45:00 04/10/2014
Walmart poster in skylander section is Gill Runt.
Code: FISHYFISHY
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#30 Posted: 04:05:37 05/10/2014
My collection vault app on Ios just had an update. Downloading now.

-Edit. Okay. I had to delete and re-download the app. It is updated, obviously, with Trap Team figures, though it seems to have only wave 1 and part of 2. It also has the option to sort figures by game. The app is far more responsive than previous iterations. It still has some of its original shortcomings: there are no listings for legendary blades or Nitro Krypt King.

I entered one of the Walmart mini codes and it granted me a wallpaper. Okay, then. There are also rewards at 3 and five minis added.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:33:59 05/10/2014 by plebeianprint
Joemckinsey456 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
#31 Posted: 12:04:05 05/10/2014
I only missing the stealth elf and fryno mini codes. If some get them please post.
TheBoch Yellow Sparx Gems: 1035
#32 Posted: 14:17:02 05/10/2014
Just for completeness sake here's all 5 codes:

Whisper Elf: WHISPERELF
Small Fry: CRASHNBURN
Pet Vac: HAWKANDAWE
Gill Runt: FISHYFISHY
Weeruptor: BORNTOBURN
#33 Posted: 15:34:10 05/10/2014
What do we do with these codes?
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#34 Posted: 15:38:31 05/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
What do we do with these codes?

It makes it so we are able to avoid going into Walmart ...
TheBoch Yellow Sparx Gems: 1035
#35 Posted: 18:48:56 05/10/2014
You type them in the collection vault app to unlock the minis and earn wallpapers
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#36 Posted: 01:11:01 06/10/2014
Ha... I finally found the mini icon in the app. When I tried entering it under the character normally this morning it didn't work. I am so SMRT!
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#37 Posted: 02:37:15 06/10/2014
One of my wal-marts had the fishyfishy one near the Skylander display, we walked around to books and through every isle of grocery and didn't find any more posters. Figured someone's out of the 1000s of walmarts would be on the ball, so wasn't too worried about it.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
#38 Posted: 02:39:56 06/10/2014
Quote: TheBoch
You type them in the collection vault app to unlock the minis and earn wallpapers

Yawn....what a great reward....
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#39 Posted: 02:47:58 06/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: TheBoch

Yawn....what a great reward....

It's better than a kick in the junk? Which, coincidentally, was exactly the reward we got in future games for doing all those heroics in Giants.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me