Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > How would you feel if SSA and Giants got HD remakes.
Page 1 of 1
How would you feel if SSA and Giants got HD remakes. [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1 Posted: 20:07:32 25/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Along with the graphics being like Swap Force and Trap Team, there would be jumping and you can play as ANY Skylander for both. I'd be all for it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 20:15:12 25/09/2014
It's too soon for them, but would be nice - even better if they re-released rare S1s.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#3 Posted: 00:03:32 26/09/2014
Too soon. And little bit pointless. If it were let's say the Spyro games in HD, then yeah I'd be fine with it. Because those are now old and rare games.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#4 Posted: 18:18:50 26/09/2014
It's not a question about 'deserving', no one even stablished a date that they could get a remake. It's still early,but it's a fact that SSA and Giants still have the same level of graphics of some of the old games outside of cutscenes, so porting them to the new graphics engine would make people more interested in them. Same goes for the oldschool games.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 02:41:51 27/09/2014
Heck no! Toys for Bob is developing Trap Team for the previous generation anyway and letting some other studio port the games. I wouldn't even consider the idea for another decade and that's assuming TFB learns how to develop for the current generation. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#6 Posted: 03:18:10 27/09/2014
They're already HD. They were made in the last 7 years.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#7 Posted: 12:42:44 27/09/2014
[User Posted Image]

They don't need HD remakes. At all.

And they wouldn't need to add jumping to the old ones since it wouldn't do anything in practice. The old ones were designed without a jump mechanic in mind, meaning a jump button would be useless. They'd have to redesign levels outright to make the jump mechanic mean anything in the old games.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#8 Posted: 13:44:32 27/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
[User Posted Image]

They don't need HD remakes. At all.

And they wouldn't need to add jumping to the old ones since it wouldn't do anything in practice. The old ones were designed without a jump mechanic in mind, meaning a jump button would be useless. They'd have to redesign levels outright to make the jump mechanic mean anything in the old games.

They wouldn't HAVE to put it back in, more or less a little extra to keep up with Swap Force and Trap Team.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
MarilynDaze Green Sparx Gems: 340
#9 Posted: 18:19:21 01/10/2014
Hmm that would be interesting, in my opinion those games are already pretty good lookin and even though I can say giants is my fav skylanders game I would have to veto an hd remake the game is still a bit to childish for replay value
---
Hi wanna trade I have unopened smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie also opened smilie smilie smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10 Posted: 20:54:21 01/10/2014
They do not warrant "HD Remakes". However, if they took the two games, merged them into one, and added in jumping + jump attacks, I would be thrilled to have an updated "Skylanders: Giant Adventures - Remastered" (or whatever the title) for the newest generation of consoles.

SSA story (Chapters 1-22 + Adv. 23-26), then SG story (Chapters 27-42), with Flynn's Ship (SG Hub) being able to travel back to SSA's Ruins Hub at any time after reaching the SG part of the story. Levels adjusted to account for jumping. Difficulty select, which was missing in SSA.

My support of a remaster would depend heavily on how it was made. If released separately, it's a definitive no. If released as a singular game, it needs at least what I mentioned above to be remotely considerable, possibly even desirable.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
sporeboy100 Green Sparx Gems: 208
#11 Posted: 23:36:26 06/10/2014
seeing how the games are going to see a PS4/XB1/WIIU release from now on, who would be interested to see rereleases of the first two games in order to have all the games under one console, they could be in two packs, the starter pack which would have both games and starter characters (or just SA in wii u's case) and a portal master pack, which only comes with the game(s), with some minor tweaks such as the level cap raised to 20 and full support for all reposes (so no adding giants support for SA) released after the two games

besides, seeing how the Wii version of TT comes with the Wii U version for free, something tells me that the Wii won't get any more Skylanders games, plus if nintendo releases a Wii U model without the Wii Channel, future wii u owners can kiss Spyro's Adventure goodbye, something the PS4 and XB1 are already going through with SA and G
Zauron Green Sparx Gems: 162
#12 Posted: 23:48:27 06/10/2014
Quote: sporeboy100

besides, seeing how the Wii version of TT comes with the Wii U version for free

Wait what?? It does? I could have bought the Wii version and had the Wii U version as well for free?? So the Wii U Starter Pack is just a complete rip-off, since you could instead get the Wii version and get essentially 2 copies of the game?

Man, I wish I'd known about this before if its true... sometimes my wife wants to use the Wii U gamepad to watch TV shows, if I had done this, I could then switch to the old classic Wii to play the game while she watches TV on the Wii U gamepad... Grrrrr...

EDIT: OMG, and the free Wii U version is a download, so I don't have to keep the disc in the drive all the time if I had gone that route (I download all my games if I can)! Ack! Damn it!

EDIT2: Sorry to go off-topic like that. On-topic, yes, I'd buy a re-release of SSA. Probably not Giants though (didn't like it as much).
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:02:03 07/10/2014 by Zauron
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#13 Posted: 23:57:35 06/10/2014
Dude seriously I was thinking about that this week LOL I would defenitively buy one. But of course if they do that they'll remove heroics, pvp...
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#14 Posted: 00:06:38 07/10/2014
seeing how the games are going to see a PS4/XB1/WIIU release from now on, who would be interested to see rereleases of the first two games in order to have all the games under one console, they could be in two packs, the starter pack which would have both games and starter characters (or just SA in wii u's case) and a portal master pack, which only comes with the game(s), with some minor tweaks such as the level cap raised to 20 and full support for all reposes (so no adding giants support for SA) released after the two games

besides, seeing how the Wii version of TT comes with the Wii U version for free, something tells me that the Wii won't get any more Skylanders games, plus if nintendo releases a Wii U model without the Wii Channel, future wii u owners can kiss Spyro's Adventure goodbye, something the PS4 and XB1 are already going through with SA and G

Giants is already on Wii U in HD, S:SA is also on Wii U in HD (in Japan) so these already exist lol.
---
words. letters. filler.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#15 Posted: 04:53:23 08/10/2014
Spyro 1-3 HD remakes when? Oh wait, never. :(
#16 Posted: 06:13:04 08/10/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Giants is already on Wii U in HD, S:SA is also on Wii U in HD (in Japan) so these already exist lol.

i did mention western i.e, outside japan
#17 Posted: 11:10:33 08/10/2014
What the hell? There's the SAME EXACT subject right below your topic. There's a topic listing for a reason, and it's not so you can ignore it.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#18 Posted: 14:41:18 08/10/2014
there is a hd remake of ssa but its only released in japan. is there anyone here that own one version of it and can do some comparison with the older ssa?..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#19 Posted: 18:31:12 08/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
What the hell? There's the SAME EXACT subject right below your topic. There's a topic listing for a reason, and it's not so you can ignore it.

Consider them merged! *witchcraft ensues*

Anyhow, about the apparent Japan releases, I believe the publishing was left to Square Enix. And they're not doing so hot financially these days, so I doubt they'd be inclined to share anything they might have done to their potential competition in the West. <.<;
---
#20 Posted: 20:54:19 11/10/2014
Quote: HIR
Quote: Bifrost

Consider them merged! *witchcraft ensues*

Anyhow, about the apparent Japan releases, I believe the publishing was left to Square Enix. And they're not doing so hot financially these days, so I doubt they'd be inclined to share anything they might have done to their potential competition in the West. <.<;

thanks, but a email alert would be helpful
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#21 Posted: 23:54:39 11/10/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
Too soon. And little bit pointless. If it were let's say the Spyro games in HD, then yeah I'd be fine with it. Because those are now old and rare games.

^This.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#22 Posted: 10:35:20 12/10/2014
Quote: cowpowa23
Quote: Trix Master 100

^This.

by now that is a pipe dream at best.... #NeverDoneWithSpyro
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:35:54 12/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#23 Posted: 15:10:13 18/10/2014
What is an "HD remake"? HD only means "high definition", but what that means varies over time. I don't know what resolution SSA runs at (I'm assuming 720p), but even if it was bumped to 1080p , it wouldn't make much of a difference. The "HD remakes" that Sony churn out every month don't even look noticeably different from the originals. Activision wouldn't to remake SSA anyway. As a Disney executive once said to the people making Power Rangers when they wanted to make a big reunion episode, "Why are we advertising toys that we don't sell anymore?".
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#24 Posted: 19:31:12 22/10/2014
Don't need them. They're already on HD consoles.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#25 Posted: 00:26:21 28/10/2014
But... they're already in HD.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#26 Posted: 12:26:48 31/10/2014
Heck no. Way to soon.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
#27 Posted: 15:20:43 31/10/2014
Quote: StevemacQ

But they're not in... H-DEDEDE!

[User Posted Image]

Dedede for best screen resolution! >.>
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#28 Posted: 19:50:50 31/10/2014
Quote: HIR
Quote: StevemacQ

But they're not in... H-DEDEDE!

[User Posted Image]

Dedede for best screen resolution! >.>

When does PS3 and 360 no longer count as HD consoles?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
pork Red Sparx Gems: 26
#29 Posted: 07:46:27 15/11/2014
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD REMAKE DOTD FOR HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ADD SPYRO AND CYNDERS KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#30 Posted: 07:38:20 20/11/2014
Quote: pork
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD REMAKE DOTD FOR HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ADD SPYRO AND CYNDERS KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy crap, calm down.
darkspyro199 Gold Sparx Gems: 2102
#31 Posted: 23:49:28 20/11/2014
would be awesome!
---
Been here 13 years now... D: Man I'm old.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#32 Posted: 13:57:28 29/11/2014
I think it is a great idea!
If they made a double pack of the first two games for the new consoles.

I'm not sure about "jumping" tho? No jumping really added to the puzzle solving and charm of these games!

I would like to see backwards compatibility for all Skylanders, new achievements and trophies, but the major thing I would like to see if they did this would be online co-op!!!!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
MilesProwerStar Green Sparx Gems: 315
#33 Posted: 17:00:44 06/12/2014
High definition remakes... aren't the games already available in high definition everywhere besides on the Wii? Unless you meant enhanced details or something? If you would say next-gen with better graphics and details (more than 1080P, with a lot, lot more details), then I guess it would be good, but not before quite some time honestly, but I think they are already with a great definition right now.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me