Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team Wave 1 COSTS... [CLOSED]
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#1 Posted: 03:12:36 25/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Has anyone estimated the cash needed to get the best quality of wave 1? How much u spending? Singles or triple packs?
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2 Posted: 04:43:26 25/09/2014
Minimum cost for getting Starter pack (non-Dark), having at least 1 trap on each element, and one base of each new character is around - $223. Adding minis, the 3DS version, additional traps, Legendaries, the Dark edition, or reposes will of course add to the total.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 12:23:01 25/09/2014
Starter Pack - $74.99
Dark Ed. Pack - $99.99.

Adventure Packs - $24.99 each
-Nightmare Express
-Legendary Nightmare Express
TOTAL = $49.98

Minis - $14.99 each
- Spry & Mini-Jini
- Drobit & Trigger Snappy
- Hijinx & Eye-Small
- Bop & Terrabite
TOTAL = $59.96

Triple Packs - $24.99 each
-Chopper + Funny Bone + Shroomboom
-Torch + Blades + Gill Grunt
TOTAL = $49.98

Trap Masters - $15.99 each
-Wallop
-Krypt King
-Wildfire
-Jawbreaker
-Gusto
-Gearshift (pre-order)
-Legendary Jawbreaker
-Nitro Krypt King
TOTAL = $127.92

Trap Triple Packs - $15.99 each
-Tech Scepter + Magic Log + Earth Orb
-Air Jug + Undead Skull + Fire Troch
TOTAL = $31.98

Trap Singles - $6.99 each
-Earth Hammer
-Life Torch
-Fire Scepter
-Undead Orb
-Magic Skull
-Water Log
-Water Jug
TOTAL = $48.93

Micro Comic Pack - $9.99 each
-Legendary Undead Skull Trap
TOTAL = $9.99

GRAND TOTAL = $553.72

That's the cheapest way to get EVERYTHING. For example, some characters and traps in the triple packs are also available in single packs as well, but unless you're trying to collect a boxed figure of everyone, it's always cheaper to just go with the triples instead.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#4 Posted: 14:11:22 25/09/2014
hmmm... looking at the two NME Adv packs -- unless you absolutely *must* have that silver Hand of Fate, I just cannot see buying the non-Legendary pack. Regular Blades looks to be available in a three pack so I think you could save $25 by just getting the Legendary NME version.

I mean, I could be wrong in that the game *could* recognize the HoF as a "legendary" item, but I really doubt it...

Just sayin'

EDIT: Are there any stores besides Best Buy (and maybe GS) that will have Dark Starter packs in-store on 10/5? Will Target? Will Wal-Mart? I really want DSP for console and regular SP for tablet.. This sort of kills the pre-order bonus for B&C trap @ Target somewhat. :-\

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:46 25/09/2014 by ViDeOmAnCiNi
skylanderaddik Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#5 Posted: 17:52:36 25/09/2014
How long have you been playing this game? The game notices the difference between a regular and in-game variant. So yes just buying the Legendary Character gives you that character, but it will be labeled as a Legendary fig. And the Dark edition will be everywhere upon release.
---
Check out my sites: skylanderaddictsblog.com, facebook.com/skylanderaddicts, twitter.com/skylanderaddict, instagram@skylanderaddicts
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 18:37:40 25/09/2014
I think he was mostly referring to the Hand of Fate item. In the L-Adventure pack, it's gold, but it's normally colored in the normal version. However, on the packaging label, they're both just referred to as the "Hand of Fate." It could be like the old Dragon Treasure and Platinum Treasure. Same mold, different names. Or the gold paint job could just be purely aesthetic. After all, the items really don't have a huge role in the game to begin with. We won't really know until someone finally gets the game and puts them both on the portal.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#7 Posted: 19:47:14 25/09/2014
Quote: skylanderaddik
How long have you been playing this game? The game notices the difference between a regular and in-game variant. So yes just buying the Legendary Character gives you that character, but it will be labeled as a Legendary fig. And the Dark edition will be everywhere upon release.

I was only referring to the HoF item (probably why I said "silver Hand of Fate") and discussed purchasing the regular Blades figure via the 3-pack. The other two items in the packs look identical to one another. NO difference. I was just saying that you could probably save $25 by only buying the legendary pack if you could live without a silver HoF item in your collection. That is all.

BTW, I bought S:SA first day when TRU opened. I probably have more invested in these games than 90% of these forums and just because I don't have a high post count does not mean I don't know more than most about these games, because I do. Don't judge without actually reading what I wrote.

Peace.

-vm

Edit: GM78 - Surprised you did not automatically figure you were in the elite 10%, because you are.
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:47 26/09/2014 by ViDeOmAnCiNi
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#8 Posted: 21:24:58 25/09/2014
I, for one, have 4000 dollars in swappers alone. I have the means to make all 256 unique combinations. Not bragging, but just saying there are people here who have spent astronomical amounts on this game. I personally buy 4 of everything, save for swappers, which I bought 16 of each.

I am buying 4 of each, regular NME, and Legendary NME. Why? Because, there is a chance that the Legendary Hand of Fate registers as its own item, just like Golden Dragonfire Cannon did compared to its normal counterpart.

In having a Path A and B set of everything, I have to have two Hand of Fates, and two Legendary Hands of Fate. Same goes for my kids. I got to get them one of each item.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#9 Posted: 02:36:41 26/09/2014
*CROSSES WALLET AND FINGERS FOR BOGO40@TRU
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#10 Posted: 02:38:16 26/09/2014
Yeah, I am hoping they do, too.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#11 Posted: 03:08:17 26/09/2014
Quote: GameMaster78
Yeah, I am hoping they do, too.

Me three...
I hope they don't change it to Buy 3 for $33 like they have for DI. Then again TT has 3 price range (Core/Light Core/Trap Master), not one price like DI so that might not work.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#12 Posted: 03:28:45 26/09/2014
I'm not worried about the cost. There is way to much stuff for any normal adult with a family and full time job to buy everything Possible on release date. If there isn't a sale I will get what I want the most and wait for one weeks or months later. Every store in my town is loaded with swap force figures. There were no issues getting any figure at anytime for swap force and this will be way worse. My guess is most parents will not be buying as much as in the past witj each game that comes out. Who really needs a series 4 anything. There are more important things to spend money on in life besides going in debt over skylanders. I use to buy 2 of each figure through giants but bought much less with swap force and will buy even less with this game. I see no point in buying 6 different fire traps if one can do the same thing as the others. Looking at peoples collections use to be fun but the first person to post pics of buying everything on release day I'll actually feel sad for. After 5 or 6 people on here say ooh and aah to make them feel better when they get off this website its just them sitting alone in a room full of figures with an empty wallett. Does anyone else find it ridiculous with all the stuff they expect us to buy? I can't even fathom how much stuff the next game will push out as each game s collection has grown.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#13 Posted: 04:22:55 26/09/2014
Well thought I was Normal....but guess not...DrillSarge...You should be a motivational speaker...still buying everything on day one! :-P
chevyext02 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1909
#14 Posted: 13:15:16 26/09/2014
drillsarge......it's buying for my boys that makes it special for me.....that's why i have a full time job to make money and spend it....my 7 yr old kinda grew out of the skylanders freenzy, but my 3yr old, thats 4 more yrs to go.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#15 Posted: 13:36:44 26/09/2014
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Quote: skylanderaddik

I was only referring to the HoF item (probably why I said "silver Hand of Fate") and discussed purchasing the regular Blades figure via the 3-pack. The other two items in the packs look identical to one another. NO difference. I was just saying that you could probably save $25 by only buying the legendary pack if you could live without a silver HoF item in your collection. That is all.

BTW, I bought S:SA first day when TRU opened. I probably have more invested in these games than 90% of these forums and just because I don't have a high post count does not mean I don't know more than most about these games, because I do. Don't judge without actually reading what I wrote.

Peace.

-vm

Edit: GM78 - Surprised you did not automatically figure you were in the elite 10%, because you are.

I am getting the legendary pack only. I will probably pick up the regular HoF on eBay at a later date...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#16 Posted: 21:14:24 26/09/2014
This similar to the gold and silver cannon in the Dragonfire Cannon Battle Packs in Giants. I didn't get both just to get the gold cannon. I will just be getting the Legendary Nightmare Express. I'm sure I can get the silver Hand of Fate on eBay, if I must get it.

There's a thread talking about TRU doing a BOGO50% off between 8-10am for Rewards members. It's BOGO40% after 10am or not Rewards member. I'm hoping one of the other stores will offer up some good sales too. At this point, I'm only going to TRU and Target. Target is only so I can get Nitro Krypt King. The other stores need to make compete with TRU, so I can bring my cost down.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#17 Posted: 03:18:23 27/09/2014
After reading that post on trap teams forum. I'm going to go ahead and gamble that you won't see deals like this for the rest of Trap Team , other than ,possibly, Black Friday.....then again, you'll have to compete with a large amount of shoppers and no guarantee of stock. My advice to those of you "waiting" until a few weeks or a few months.....is to ditch that notion and complete your purchases for whatever is out there on release day if at all possible. You are guaranteed to stretch whatever money you have on release day with stock on hand.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#18 Posted: 11:39:42 29/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I've estimated around 375.00 plus tax for everything without the duplicates ie legendary.. I'm READY !! But hoping for the BOGO or buy 2 get 1 Deals !
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me