Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early
First | Previous | Page 4 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
New Frito Lay giveaway: Get High Five early [CLOSED]
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#151 Posted: 00:41:14 16/10/2014
Quote: Kartoonkid91
The problem is just like the FireBone Hot Dog contest the longer the contest went the less and less people went. Even though it goes on until December, people are winning 3 a day, there is only a limited amount.

If you read the the game play rules. It says that one High Five is given away every 15 minutes until the end of the year.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#152 Posted: 01:36:24 16/10/2014
Haven't won yet.
Please share with me your secrets.
---
#all Spyros are valid
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#153 Posted: 01:38:12 16/10/2014
grinding.... simple grinding... I'm pretty sure that's how everyone on here wins, unless they're crazy lucky and get it on the first try or so.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#154 Posted: 10:46:19 16/10/2014
People winning, what time of day (approximately) are you guys winning? Morning, daytime, evening, overnight?

Also: PurpleSnurple, how are you grinding? Just have a bunch of numbers? Or is there some trick? My wife suggested I try the Gmail "+" trick, but the entry doesn't accept pluses.
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#155 Posted: 11:53:36 16/10/2014
Just got finished trying again this morning 0730-0745 with no luck.
Good luck to everyone today.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#156 Posted: 12:03:57 16/10/2014
so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I entered with for different phones and none won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can not even enter again on blippar because i entered last night and a whole 24 hours has to pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love smilie but these frito lay contsets are the worst way to get skylanders but it is not like i wont enter again but really it is so annoying
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:05:29 16/10/2014 by sprocketrocket
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#157 Posted: 13:29:27 16/10/2014
You guys should *never* play the lottery.
#158 Posted: 13:38:30 16/10/2014
Quote: PlayableMoogle
People winning, what time of day (approximately) are you guys winning? Morning, daytime, evening, overnight?

Also: PurpleSnurple, how are you grinding? Just have a bunch of numbers? Or is there some trick? My wife suggested I try the Gmail "+" trick, but the entry doesn't accept pluses.

All of my wins have been during the overnight hours. I used the "." Gmail trick to grind on the app. I've never tried phone entry cause I don't trust the wins on there, got screwed out of all my phone wins in the hot dog contest. Although, I will say that after the first 2 days the contest seems to be getting harder and harder. Good luck!

Quote: sprocketrocket
so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I entered with for different phones and none won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can not even enter again on blippar because i entered last night and a whole 24 hours has to pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love smilie but these frito lay contsets are the worst way to get skylanders but it is not like i wont enter again but really it is so annoying

You don't have to wait 24 hours to play again on blippar unless you won..... the device doesn't block you out from playing again like the last contest. Just use a different email address to enter again.
NightShift Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#159 Posted: 13:52:22 16/10/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple

You don't have to wait 24 hours to play again on blippar unless you won..... the device doesn't block you out from playing again like the last contest. Just use a different email address to enter again.

I get a "Sorry, you're not eligible message" if I try to do this, is there some way around it?
#160 Posted: 13:57:29 16/10/2014
Quote: NightShift

I get a "Sorry, you're not eligible message" if I try to do this, is there some way around it?

Huh. I don't get that message unless I accidentally enter the same email address again. I'm using an android phone. You can go into your app manager and clear the data and cache for the blippar app, which essentially "resets" it to new and then use it again. That's what I had to do for the last contest as it remembered the device, but I haven't had that issue on this contest.

Edit: Did you log in to the blippar app when you went to play? That could be causing the problem. I just click "start blipping" and don't log in at all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:27 16/10/2014 by PurpleSnurple
#161 Posted: 16:21:50 16/10/2014

All of my wins have been during the overnight hours. I used the "." Gmail trick to grind on the app. I've never tried phone entry cause I don't trust the wins on there, got screwed out of all my phone wins in the hot dog contest. Although, I will say that after the first 2 days the contest seems to be getting harder and harder. Good luck!

Do you think multiple entries from the same individual (assuming name and birthdate and zip are the same or similar) will get your wins disqualified?

Thanks for the info so far! Excited to try this later.
#162 Posted: 19:18:22 16/10/2014
So won a couple times today on the app under different people's names. We never received the potential winner verification email. Is there a way to find out why or if I will even receive one?
Kartoonkid91 Blue Sparx Gems: 730
#163 Posted: 19:24:26 16/10/2014
Same here ^
---
Looking for: Glitter (Pearl) Hot Head, Silver E3 Spyro, E3 Hot Dog.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:53 16/10/2014 by Kartoonkid91
#164 Posted: 19:37:58 16/10/2014
Same here ^

Very frustrating. Finally got a victory and now the email is missing...sigh. Maybe they are just behind sending them?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#165 Posted: 19:54:15 16/10/2014
You don't get the email if you get your data in properly. It's been mentioned several times.
#166 Posted: 21:23:55 16/10/2014

Do you think multiple entries from the same individual (assuming name and birthdate and zip are the same or similar) will get your wins disqualified?

Thanks for the info so far! Excited to try this later.

They don't look at losing entries, only winners. If they monitored losing entries that'd be their full time job! LOL! So don't worry about it. smilie I used this method for every prior contest and have always received my wins on the app/website.

Also, to everyone else, you don't get a winner email unless you LOST and one of your LOSSES turned out to be a win, so they later notify you of it. OR you didn't properly enter your information after getting a win on the app. I said that earlier in the thread as did many others.
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#167 Posted: 23:18:48 16/10/2014
I'm already tired of laying. Its not that important, since it will be out soon. But I will pick up the phone if I'm bored and thinking about it.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#168 Posted: 00:43:09 17/10/2014
I won one this morning around 6:30am PST by phone.
I will try one more time since we all know how the phone winners did not work 100% during Hot Dog Promo.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#169 Posted: 01:01:38 17/10/2014
i won my second one pretty early in the morning too so waiting this time around so it's atleast a full day so they register. the problem is you can play more then once per phone numbers, emails, etc BUT you can only win ONCE a day. any others get voided if they are sent to the same address.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#170 Posted: 11:34:40 17/10/2014
just won another one this morning now too ;P and that makes 3 on separate days
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:45:31 17/10/2014 by tigerdr
#171 Posted: 11:36:41 17/10/2014
Quote: tigerdr
just won another one this morning now too ;P

what time? phone or app? smilie the app was driving me crazy seeing that loser screen so much, so I haven't tried the last 2 days.
#172 Posted: 11:45:53 17/10/2014
Quote: tigerdr
just won another one this morning now too ;P

what time? phone or app? smilie the app was driving me crazy seeing that loser screen so much, so I haven't tried the last 2 days.

i've only won by phone
---
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#173 Posted: 12:53:54 17/10/2014
Well, I about fell over when the message on the other end of the phone said I was a winner. I too was growing tired of seeing the not a winner screen on the app. I've been trying multiple times throughout the days since the game began, and today I tried by phone once again and was a winner. I believe it was during the 0830-0845 time period (it was close to 0950 by the time I entered all necessary info).
Good luck to everyone today.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#174 Posted: 13:47:01 17/10/2014
I'll keep at it.

This thing seems difficult, especially since the chip bags that will publicise this contest dont seem to be out very much yet.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#175 Posted: 14:04:02 17/10/2014
Quote: dinoah2005
I won one this morning around 6:30am PST by phone.
I will try one more time since we all know how the phone winners did not work 100% during Hot Dog Promo.

Still a bust for me, but I'm patient.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#176 Posted: 15:27:50 17/10/2014
This is brutal. I've been trying at least twenty times a day, and denied every time since a single win on the first day (want one for my step-son, plus a few back-ups in case they don't arrive). The gmail thing that people helpfully offered stopped working today, too.

Good luck to all of you.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#177 Posted: 15:46:28 17/10/2014
This is brutal. I've been trying at least twenty times a day, and denied every time since a single win on the first day (want one for my step-son, plus a few back-ups in case they don't arrive). The gmail thing that people helpfully offered stopped working today, too.

Good luck to all of you.

A few backups??? Be happy with the one you did win and then buy another for $10 later on down the road. Frito Lay is good about getting wins to people and playing for the sake of having backups is silly. Why not just back up all your figures while you're at it...ya know...just in case? Just keep grinding at the game for however many figures you want regardless of reason...everybody just has to evaluate on their own how important is the time spent playing the game. Halloween Fright Rider, QuickDraw Rattle Shake, and clear Hot Dog might get jealous of all the time you're spending to get High Five while they're unplayed with & collecting dust.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#178 Posted: 16:03:09 17/10/2014
I kind of understood before on contests where people wanted to win a few times just in case they didn't get some of their wins, like with Hot Dog and the three colors and variants where there was no clear word of a retail release. But, if you are frustrated you can't win more just remember it is people like you that are all trying to win "a few backups" - it is hoarder mentality. And if your win doesn't arrive, it isn't like we aren't certain you can get this figure later, so it isn't like you are missing out on a figure if you don't get it.

If you are frustrated, then stop. But, don't complain that you can't win multiple as you are fighting against people that can't even get one.

As an aside, I did win one so I'm done - so before you think my comments are out of jealousy or something ...
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#179 Posted: 17:14:57 17/10/2014
none for me or my wife yet :/
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#180 Posted: 18:38:27 17/10/2014
Quote: mastermc54

Good luck to all of you.

A few backups??? Be happy with the one you did win and then buy another for $10 later on down the road. Frito Lay is good about getting wins to people and playing for the sake of having backups is silly. Why not just back up all your figures while you're at it...ya know...just in case? Just keep grinding at the game for however many figures you want regardless of reason...everybody just has to evaluate on their own how important is the time spent playing the game. Halloween Fright Rider, QuickDraw Rattle Shake, and clear Hot Dog might get jealous of all the time you're spending to get High Five while they're unplayed with & collecting dust.

Yeah, backups. I DEFINITELY want one for me and my step-son, for Christmas. Then, I didn't play the Fire bone Hot Dog enough to win any, but it sounds like people had a time with some "wins" not getting fulfilled and all of that, so I figure I'll cover my ass, and then if I happen to have a few more, maybe I can swap for one of the Fire Bone Hot Dogs that look pretty sweet. Would that be acceptable to you?

Thanks for all of the unsolicited advice, though (which you provided me with so graciously). You ass.
#181 Posted: 18:39:42 17/10/2014
Quote: mastermc54

Good luck to all of you.

i've spent as much time to get quick draw and clear fire so they wouldn't be jelly. some people with the phone calling it's not a bad idea to have a few done as backup as it happens where some don't register. it's until the end of the year so anyone's allowed to play as much as they want. if they win they win, if not they don't. it's all the same probability every time that you'll win at all.
---
#182 Posted: 18:44:57 17/10/2014
Quote: defpally
I kind of understood before on contests where people wanted to win a few times just in case they didn't get some of their wins, like with Hot Dog and the three colors and variants where there was no clear word of a retail release. But, if you are frustrated you can't win more just remember it is people like you that are all trying to win "a few backups" - it is hoarder mentality. And if your win doesn't arrive, it isn't like we aren't certain you can get this figure later, so it isn't like you are missing out on a figure if you don't get it.

If you are frustrated, then stop. But, don't complain that you can't win multiple as you are fighting against people that can't even get one.

As an aside, I did win one so I'm done - so before you think my comments are out of jealousy or something ...

Just to be clear, I'm DEFINITELY a hoarder. I'm obsessive-compulsive, and love having carded versions of some of my favorites, too. I didn't explicitly say that I was frustrated, though, and if you're trying to infer that from referring to attempting to win as "brutal", I apologize for misleading you, as I am not. I was simply trying to state that the odds seem significant on this particular contest.

And the point of trying to win a few extra times was, in fact, to make sure I have a back-up in case the wins don't go through; while I failed to win at all during the FB Hot Dog contest, I've read in here how people didn't always get their wins. Considering that this is the first Frito Lay contest since that one, I'm not sure what the basis is for believing that the situation won't be the same this time around.

Again, just to hammer this home: you're mistaken if you think I'm frustrated. I wasn't even trying to complain. I was just expressing the impression I'm under, which is that this is a fairly challenging contest to get a win on. I'm actually okay with it, as it makes a win that much more exciting (winning at Flocked Stump Smash, for instance, was like shooting fish in a barrel. But before anyone cries that I must've stacked up on them, I won four - one for me, my step-son, my wife, and one to keep carded. I do not apologize to those who feel I won too many times.).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:37 17/10/2014 by PlayableMoogle
#183 Posted: 18:49:08 17/10/2014

Good luck to all of you.

People are always going to complain on here, so don't worry about it. smilie I completely understand where you're coming from as I only ever received 1 of my 4 wins from the hot dog contest and that was after annoying them for months! I'm still really curious about your device giving you entry trouble on the app. What type of device are you using? Are you being forced to reset the app every time you enter? How did the gmail trick stop working? It's so strange cause on my phone the contest still runs just fine and I have no issues entering multiple times over and over. Have you tried a different device? I have an android phone.
#184 Posted: 19:32:58 17/10/2014

Good luck to all of you.

People are always going to complain on here, so don't worry about it. smilie I completely understand where you're coming from as I only ever received 1 of my 4 wins from the hot dog contest and that was after annoying them for months! I'm still really curious about your device giving you entry trouble on the app. What type of device are you using? Are you being forced to reset the app every time you enter? How did the gmail trick stop working? It's so strange cause on my phone the contest still runs just fine and I have no issues entering multiple times over and over. Have you tried a different device? I have an android phone.

Thanks, Purple. I didn't mean to come across as whining or being frustrated or anything - more just trying to talk about my experience (which, again, isn't really that bad - I maintain that it's going to be super-fun if/when I win again).

As for my device, I'm using a Windows Phone, so I'm working with IE (almost always an inferior experience to the other big browsers, of course). I was chugging along with the gmail period trick, and it suddenly stopped working this morning, as I was shuffling through the different places I could put periods. It's no matter, as I have decided I'd use your second recommendation to churn through some attempts this evening (my wife will be pumped about this exciting Friday night activity, no doubt). smilie
#185 Posted: 20:09:20 17/10/2014

Good luck to all of you.

Thanks, Purple. I didn't mean to come across as whining or being frustrated or anything - more just trying to talk about my experience (which, again, isn't really that bad - I maintain that it's going to be super-fun if/when I win again).

As for my device, I'm using a Windows Phone, so I'm working with IE (almost always an inferior experience to the other big browsers, of course). I was chugging along with the gmail period trick, and it suddenly stopped working this morning, as I was shuffling through the different places I could put periods. It's no matter, as I have decided I'd use your second recommendation to churn through some attempts this evening (my wife will be pumped about this exciting Friday night activity, no doubt). smilie

I think your problem is that you're using a windows phone with IE. I didn't even know you could run the app on a windows phone LOL! the gmail trick can get confusing if you don't keep track of which ones you've already used, and remember it doesn't reset until 12am CT everyday. You'd probably have a much easier time if you could get a hold of any device running android or apple, doesn't even have to be an activated phone to run the app, just needs a wifi connection. Good luck though!
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#186 Posted: 01:20:28 18/10/2014
Guessing I won today around 730 am, but it said I lost when the message came up. At about 830 got an email asking me to confirm shipping info so they could send me the figure. Strange.
Kartoonkid91 Blue Sparx Gems: 730
#187 Posted: 01:42:45 18/10/2014
Wait. Are you saying the 3 wins I win yesterday only counted as one? Dang... I did get an email on my gmail asking to verify my info and log in with the email I entered. So that was weird. But the other win and the phone win from yesterday don't count?
---
Looking for: Glitter (Pearl) Hot Head, Silver E3 Spyro, E3 Hot Dog.
Ricky Karnage Blue Sparx Gems: 503
#188 Posted: 01:59:07 18/10/2014
Had my first win today at 11:46am EST via Phone.
eric crock Green Sparx Gems: 192
#189 Posted: 02:07:20 18/10/2014
When i talked to a customer service person earlier they said if you don't receive an email within 24 hours of your app win....then your win didn't go through. .... I am still waiting for my email
#190 Posted: 02:15:41 18/10/2014
Wait. Are you saying the 3 wins I win yesterday only counted as one? Dang... I did get an email on my gmail asking to verify my info and log in with the email I entered. So that was weird. But the other win and the phone win from yesterday don't count?

If you input more than 1 win in the same day with the same address it will only count 1 of the wins. The others will be disqualified. If you used a different person's name, email, phone number but from the same address on the same day there's a "chance" it might go through based on the rules, but only a slight chance.

Quote: eric crock
When i talked to a customer service person earlier they said if you don't receive an email within 24 hours of your app win....then your win didn't go through. .... I am still waiting for my email

That's completely not true. They don't send confirmation emails. That rep didn't know what he/she was talking about. None of the previous contests have ever sent out confirmation emails.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#191 Posted: 02:23:02 18/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Still haven't won! So happy.. not.

What's with it? Did they set my number to "automatically lose every time they call?" I'm getting incredibly miffed now.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#192 Posted: 02:30:08 18/10/2014
Yep, here with the rest of the losers. At this rate I'd rather just pick one up. I know I've burned more than $10 of my time already.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#193 Posted: 02:53:04 18/10/2014
just got this email

"CONGRATULATIONS!

You were identified as a potential winner of a Skylanders® High Five ! character in the 2014 Frito-Lay/Skylanders� High Five ! Instant-Win Game, pending verification.
Please go to 2014 Frito-Lay/Skylanders� High Five ! Instant-Win within 15 days to redeem your prize.
On behalf of Frito-Lay, Inc., thanks for participating in the promotion!
If you have any additional questions, please call 1-888-368-2673 between 8 am and 8 pm ET Sunday through Saturday."
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#194 Posted: 02:57:42 18/10/2014
Quote: Matteomax

What's with it? Did they set my number to "automatically lose every time they call?" I'm getting incredibly miffed now.

Don't worry, it's not just you.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#195 Posted: 03:00:10 18/10/2014
Did anyone else get that email? ?
#196 Posted: 03:37:02 18/10/2014
^That means that one of your losses turned out to be a win or you didn't input your information when you did win via app.
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#197 Posted: 12:37:22 18/10/2014
Yep, that is the email I got. Any ideas how losses are turning into wins? Cold it be when others get disqualified for multiple wins?
#198 Posted: 12:41:43 18/10/2014
^I'm guessing it's from a system error where your loss was later deemed to be a win based on being the first entry after the randomly selected time. But it could be lots of factors, such as disqualification or the winner hung up without inputting their info on a phone win.
#199 Posted: 13:02:43 18/10/2014
I think your problem is that you're using a windows phone with IE. I didn't even know you could run the app on a windows phone LOL! the gmail trick can get confusing if you don't keep track of which ones you've already used, and remember it doesn't reset until 12am CT everyday. You'd probably have a much easier time if you could get a hold of any device running android or apple, doesn't even have to be an activated phone to run the app, just needs a wifi connection. Good luck though!

Ha ha! The Windows Phone, particularly with the new OS (8.1), is much nicer than you might think. I'm a little biased since I'm a Windows and Windows Phone developer, but I don't think that's the problem. In fact, I'll try again today to see if my results are better. Stay tuned! smilie

And once again, good luck to all!
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#200 Posted: 13:12:57 18/10/2014
Quote: Matteomax

I got you covered in case you don't win one.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me