Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Sure they're already toys but.... [CLOSED]
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#1 Posted: 21:40:30 20/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Am I the only one who would like to see a fully articulated skylanders toy line from Hasbro, or Playmates?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 21:45:34 20/09/2014
I did back during the original SSA, but now that we have so many characters, I don't think I'd get them. I'd only collect them if they made one of everybody to please my OCD, but based on past patterns, if we ever got Skylanders action figures, we'd probably only get Stealth Elf, Eruptor, Gill Grunt, etc.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 02:39:41 21/09/2014
Back in SSA, Jin Satome did a bunch of custom articulated Skylanders and I think a few forum members here shelled out for them on his ebay.

It was a really great idea, and to be honest I'm surprised they haven't made regular poseable figures outside of the Mega Bloks. Maybe they figured kids would get confused?

I think it would have been a neat idea for the Eon's Elite line; poseable figures that you can take off their base but still play with them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#4 Posted: 06:33:10 21/09/2014
I just looked up those Saotome figures. Would love a Hot Dog like that.

... but don't the Mega Bloks figures kinda suffice for this? They are articulated and not that much smaller. Of course, they don't have the added ability to still work with the game...
---
-joeiscool
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:07 21/09/2014 by joeiscool
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#5 Posted: 13:10:44 21/09/2014
Hasbro

p.p no just no (They already made inferior versions of a franchise I enjoyed. I bet they would make very cheap Skylander Toys.)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#6 Posted: 13:43:39 21/09/2014
You'd think they'd have those out already. If they want to make the franchise stronger, make various kinds of toys. That's what TMNT is doing.
---
A story.
#7 Posted: 17:46:36 21/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: uttster13
You'd think they'd have those out already. If they want to make the franchise stronger, make various kinds of toys. That's what TMNT is doing.

That was seriously what I was thinking of.
---

CATS
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#8 Posted: 21:07:07 21/09/2014
I would only buy them if they were a line of toys that worked with the game. I didn't buy any Mega BLOKs (aside from the Dark Spyro/Sprocket ones) since I don't want to spend a lot of extra money on toys that don't work with the game, just because they're posable, when I have tons of good-looking ones that actually do. The Mega BLOKs don't even look very good... I can't bring myself to buy any more.

I have a couple of Jin's customs and they're amazing. I was disappointed that we didn't see more of those after Ninjini.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#9 Posted: 08:32:15 22/09/2014
I'm picky - I'd like highly-articulated figures kind of like Figurarts/Revoltech/NECA/etc. Something cute to pose and fiddle with, with no extra gimmicks (ex. missiles, action movements) to get in the way of poseability and sculpt.
But there's "no market" for that, since Skylanders is portrayed as "kiddy" and doesn't have nostalgic appeal (Pokemon) or the large adult fanbase like Halo/TF2/etc.
So the best we could hope for are dinky little things that have as many moving parts as a McDonalds toy.

And then there's also the high probability that they'd only make the same 4-5 characters everyone else makes over and over and wonder why they aren't selling.

Mega Bloks has done a pretty good job filling the "quality merchandise" niche, though they're stylized and have a rather sporadic release schedule. Just, I wish they'd have elbows and knees! The Halo/WoW/etc minifigs do and they're the same size.

Quote: Windumup
Hasbro

p.p no just no (They already made inferior versions of a franchise I enjoyed. I bet they would make very cheap Skylander Toys.)

Jurassic Park? Rumor is, they're going to actually put effort into Jurassic World, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#10 Posted: 00:10:59 29/09/2014
Quote: Okaps
I'm picky - I'd like highly-articulated figures kind of like Figurarts/Revoltech/NECA/etc. Something cute to pose and fiddle with, with no extra gimmicks (ex. missiles, action movements) to get in the way of poseability and sculpt.
But there's "no market" for that, since Skylanders is portrayed as "kiddy" and doesn't have nostalgic appeal (Pokemon) or the large adult fanbase like Halo/TF2/etc.
So the best we could hope for are dinky little things that have as many moving parts as a McDonalds toy.

And then there's also the high probability that they'd only make the same 4-5 characters everyone else makes over and over and wonder why they aren't selling.

Mega Bloks has done a pretty good job filling the "quality merchandise" niche, though they're stylized and have a rather sporadic release schedule. Just, I wish they'd have elbows and knees! The Halo/WoW/etc minifigs do and they're the same size.

Hasbro

Jurassic Park? Rumor is, they're going to actually put effort into Jurassic World, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

They are working on Jurrassic World? o.O didn't know that

and no, I meant beyblades
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#11 Posted: 22:00:39 04/10/2014 | Topic Creator

Hasbro

I thought you were talking about MLP.
---

CATS
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#12 Posted: 03:41:52 05/10/2014

Hasbro

I thought you were talking about Transformers.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me