darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > More info on Light & Dark elements + Spotlight & Blackout characters
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
More info on Light & Dark elements + Spotlight & Blackout characters
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 17:48:39 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
So, someone posted this French article on the game pages;
http://surlatrace-skylanders.e...-trap-team.html

Looks like one of the new characters is called Blackout, and another character is a centaur.

Also, it looks like another one is called Spotlight..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:01:06 18/09/2014 by Matteomax
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#2 Posted: 17:56:49 18/09/2014
Interesting article when you translate it. Since they are mini-elements, they don't get giants or SF characters, which I'm ok with. Since old characters aren't used at all in the new games, why would they ever bother making them? Giants were so useless the last game, they weren't even fun to play. I really like the "angel" sounding one. Must be the picture of the prototype we saw.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 18:00:41 18/09/2014
Well Google Translate ate some letters, but apparently Blackout and Spotlight are counterpart spiders, while Centaur(might be misinformation considering the other guy) and Light are counterpart knights?

...Well at least we can choose between the color palettes, but they sound pretty cool. Though Nightmare/Dream doesn't seem to fit these guys unless it's one based on fears and the other based on pleasant fantastic creatures. Dark kinda runs into the problem of the variants.

EDIT: "Some of these characters are susceptible to change" thank Eon for having a mother language also derivated from latin because I missed that at first. Well then that explains Centaur's name. No wonder Skydad only found a prototype of Light.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:04:11 18/09/2014 by Bifrost
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#4 Posted: 18:02:36 18/09/2014
Translation:

It was an exclusive info we own but we could not reveal it is now almost official now.
Skylanders: Trap Team will welcome two new elements: Darkness and brightness are added to this game as indicated from the 3DS version of the game picture.
It shows Blastermind and the "common" elements but look down. It shows very well two new elements which may also correspond to Moon and Sun.

What are these new features? What do they do? Will there any new characters? Answers with exclusive information on the Trace Skylanders!

Two new elements will be "mini-elements" because there will be only two characters by the elements. We do not know if it will Trap Masters or normal. Probably Trap Masters, because the elementary gates will open only with Trap Masters.
Here, we know the 4 four Skylanders that make up its elements.
To Darkness (or Moon): there will Blackout, a sprawling four-legged using shadows and vortex and a Centaur with a big sword.
Brightness level (or Sun): there will be Spotlight, a four-legged opposite Blackout, can shoot lasers and rings. Lasers and rings operate lasers and crystals Prism Break. The second character, Light (how original name), is a guardian angel to the appearance of ... warrior.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 18:04:00 18/09/2014
Quote: Bifrost
...Well at least we can choose between the color palettes,

Pretty sure they'll be very different characters, but are basically just different counterparts.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#6 Posted: 18:05:08 18/09/2014
Dunno,Blackout and Spotlight sound pretty similar. Both four legged and using either tentacles or lasers. Centaur and Light not so much, but might be story related or something.
---
#7 Posted: 18:06:10 18/09/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Dunno,Blackout and Spotlight sound pretty similar. Both four legged and using either tentacles or lasers. Centaur and Light not so much, but might be story related or something.

Still gonna have very different moves, even if they are similar.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#8 Posted: 18:10:32 18/09/2014
I find this hard to believe unless it's officially revealed, just because I've never heard of this fansite before.
#9 Posted: 18:15:57 18/09/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
I find this hard to believe unless it's officially revealed, just because I've never heard of this fansite before.

You probably haven't heard of it because it is a french website, and as such, you would not norally know about it.

Besides, that figure we saw at the Toys for Bob offices fit the description he gives of Light.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Cooltonium Blue Sparx Gems: 605
#10 Posted: 20:47:06 18/09/2014
If there is a character named Light the other darkness character's name might be Dark....

Its a stupid idea but maybe......
---
buy dangerous woman on itunes
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#11 Posted: 21:29:48 18/09/2014
I have a feeling it won't be called "Dark" and "Light" since we already have "Dark" characters for other elements, and one could argue "Enchanted" characters are the "Light" ones. It will probably be something like "Sun" and "Moon" or "Lunar" and "Solar".
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#12 Posted: 21:33:42 18/09/2014
Quote: defpally
I have a feeling it won't be called "Dark" and "Light" since we already have "Dark" characters for other elements, and one could argue "Enchanted" characters are the "Light" ones. It will probably be something like "Sun" and "Moon" or "Lunar" and "Solar".

They aren't "Dark" and "Light"
they are Darkness and Brightness
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#13 Posted: 21:42:11 18/09/2014
Brightness is just the direct translation, Wind. It could be Light and Dark and we'll see that once an english site has an article on this.
---
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#14 Posted: 21:42:31 18/09/2014
That is just the French translation. There is no official word yet on what they are in English. If you look at the French mottos on character boxes, a lot of them don't literally match what the characters say in English.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#15 Posted: 21:50:13 18/09/2014
It's the only day where I'm the only one who can help!

DARK Okay the first character is called blackout he's a four-legged character using tentacular shadow and vortexes to attack. There's another one that we don't know his name yet but it's a centaur with a big sword.

LIGHT There will be spotlight, another four-legged character shooting lazers and ring! The article also says that the rings and lazers work the same as Prism Break's lazers and crystals. So we can know a little bit how it'll look like. And the other one is caller light (What an original name!) This guy will be a guardian angel with a warrior look. It makes me think of the character that SkyDad saw at TFB with the wing and the broken sword.

It also clearly says in the last line of the text that names might change... :/

Let's leave the character and talk about the elements themselves. In the article it says that they're not sure if they'll be Trap masters or Core character but I think they'll be trap masters cuz you can open element doors with Trap masters only.

btw I'm french so yeah I can clearly read this article.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#16 Posted: 21:55:18 18/09/2014
Four-legged = Dragons. Hype.
---
bye
#17 Posted: 22:02:04 18/09/2014
Oh, so it's a unspecified quadruped species and not a spider-y duo. Well thanks for that Lloyd. Kinda hard to be Cores with special gates because one of TT's gimmicks is having Trap Masters being strong against villains; if that didn't apply to Light and Dark it'd feel out of place and the villains would be harder for little reason for those that got one of those new guys.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#18 Posted: 22:14:02 18/09/2014
2 must be cores because it says on the site that we will have 16 Trap Masters and 18 Cores, so it's interesting that some must be Trap Masters because of the elemental gates.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#19 Posted: 22:16:10 18/09/2014
Quote: ninja9351
2 must be cores because it says on the site that we will have 16 Trap Masters and 18 Cores, so it's interesting that some must be Trap Masters because of the elemental gates.

Oh that's true! Did not think of that! And also, cute avatar detected!
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#20 Posted: 22:18:18 18/09/2014
Wow love the moon element . I am so hoping for a wolf as a core.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#21 Posted: 22:18:48 18/09/2014
Quote: newkill

Or horses, or centaurs, or whatever came to their minds. smilie

However, I would like to point something out:
since english is not my first language, I would like to know if there are some differences, between the words "quadrupeds" and "four-legged".
I think the article said "quadrupeds", in french, and if my memory helps me, that means that they have only four limbs, and they use them all to deambulate.
If I'm not wrong, instead, "four-legged" means that they deambulate with four legs, but that they dont necessarily have only those limbs.
Think about horses and centaurs. smilie
Thanks to anyone who will help me understand. smilie

As for the catchphrases and Elements names, it's not quite the same thing.
While the catchphrases may change A LOT, from language to language (in italian Free Ranger's catchphrase is "A Storm is Coming", which is the english one for Thunderbolt...), because some puns or sayings might not work, Element names remain mostly the same (yet in italian "Tech" is translated as "Technique", rather than "Technology", and I think the second is the right one).

So, I think it's safe to assume that the new Elements are Dark and Light or Darkness and Brightness. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#22 Posted: 22:33:26 18/09/2014
I was thinking the elements could be called Night and Day
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#23 Posted: 23:02:12 18/09/2014

Yup. Yes. This.

Please? :3
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
#24 Posted: 23:10:40 18/09/2014
Quote: Drek95

Or horses, or centaurs, or whatever came to their minds. smilie

However, I would like to point something out:
since english is not my first language, I would like to know if there are some differences, between the words "quadrupeds" and "four-legged".
I think the article said "quadrupeds", in french, and if my memory helps me, that means that they have only four limbs, and they use them all to deambulate.
If I'm not wrong, instead, "four-legged" means that they deambulate with four legs, but that they dont necessarily have only those limbs.
Think about horses and centaurs. smilie
Thanks to anyone who will help me understand. smilie

As for the catchphrases and Elements names, it's not quite the same thing.
While the catchphrases may change A LOT, from language to language (in italian Free Ranger's catchphrase is "A Storm is Coming", which is the english one for Thunderbolt...), because some puns or sayings might not work, Element names remain mostly the same (yet in italian "Tech" is translated as "Technique", rather than "Technology", and I think the second is the right one).

So, I think it's safe to assume that the new Elements are Dark and Light or Darkness and Brightness. smilie

The suffix ped means foot. If you are a biped you have two feet like us. We have 4 limbs but are bipedal, being that we only use 2 legs. So 4 legged and quadruped are practically the same thing.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#25 Posted: 00:01:45 19/09/2014

I'm not so sure if the new characters are dragons, but it would be really awesome.
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#26 Posted: 02:17:03 19/09/2014
With so many dragons and half-dragon hybrids, I can't imagine I will be totally impressed if the new cores are dragons. But maybe seeing a dragon crossed with something based on Fenrir or Amarok for Dark/Moon/Night. That could be really awesome.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#27 Posted: 02:22:09 19/09/2014
It could be the Poop and Pee elements...it's just figures...

Yawn...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#28 Posted: 02:22:16 19/09/2014
It could be a horse, cat, sheep. They're not necessary dragons and smiliethis... smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:22:50 19/09/2014 by LloydDXZX
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#29 Posted: 03:04:49 19/09/2014
Maybe the four-legged creatures are new core Skylanders whereas the Centaur and Guardian Angel characters are the new Trap Masters of Darkness and Light.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:11:53 19/09/2014 by TheShadowDragon
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#30 Posted: 03:13:48 19/09/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
I thought all Trap Masters are supposed to be bipedal like the SWAP Force. How could four-legged creatures hold Traptanium weapons?

they could be 6 limbed like a centaur, 4 legged, but still two arms as well.

also there are two traptanium helmets, so a character without arms could use head rush's helm or blaster minds.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#31 Posted: 03:33:24 19/09/2014
My question is this: 2 new elements, 3 Doom Raiders still not confirmed. I don't know, I have been out of school for a while, but something about the math here doesn't add up to me.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#32 Posted: 03:34:55 19/09/2014
Am I really the only one who can read french fluently? :3 Jk...

Anywho, the first paragraph-ish says that they can't tell if the 4 new skylanders are going to be Trap Masters or regular characters but most likely Trap Masters as they are the only ones who can open Elemental Gates. Blackout is a quadreped who uses shade (as in the thing under a tree or something during the day) attacks that can go in all directions and of course, vortexes.... (If you missed that....)

The Centaur just has a big sword... That's it....Its not like we've already seen big swords am i right? *cough* Krypt King and Thunderbolt *cough*

Spotlight is a quadreped opposite to Blackout. He/She/It can pull rings and lasers (even I dont get the grammar there) and the lasers and rings work like Prism Break's beams and crystals... (Didnt understand that a bit either)

And Light (yes, completely original name indeed) is a guardian angel who looks like its ready for war (A war-angel, if you will)

Where is this 3rd missing Doom Raider? Did I miss something?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:54 19/09/2014 by bionicle2809
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#33 Posted: 04:20:39 19/09/2014
Quote: isaac343018s

Sorry, I meant that there are 3 elements that need a Doom Raider but there are only 2 question marks. Sorry for the confusion.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#34 Posted: 04:25:04 19/09/2014
Quote: isaac343018s

While I'm pretty sure the two secret villains in the Doom Raiders will be from both of the new elements, I actually have a more interesting theory. Maybe the Doom Raiders left are a magic and darkness villain after all does it really make sense to have a brightness villain? That seems out of place and confusing so my theory is that the doom raiders get a darkness and magic villain so the rest of the villains can all be for the darkness element. The only part that debunks this theory is how some gameplay videos already confirmed only 3 villains in the magic element.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#35 Posted: 04:27:09 19/09/2014
a possible solution is that kaos is of one of the new elements

edit: i like GhostRoaster617's theory of there being no "Light" element Doom Raider more than Kaos being of the "Dark" element.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:36:01 19/09/2014 by min8or
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#36 Posted: 05:39:20 19/09/2014
Quote: min8or
a possible solution is that kaos is of one of the new elements

edit: i like GhostRoaster617's theory of there being no "Light" element Doom Raider more than Kaos being of the "Dark" element.

Kaos it's his own element evil muahaha
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Slobbertooth123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#37 Posted: 10:38:26 19/09/2014
A possible solution is that there is going to be a magic doom raider and a brightness one which could be glumshanks since he really isn't evil just forced to be by kaos.
---
Hey everyone exicted for trap team
#38 Posted: 11:20:57 19/09/2014
Quote: Slobbertooth123
A possible solution is that there is going to be a magic doom raider and a brightness one which could be glumshanks since he really isn't evil just forced to be by kaos.

Nah, he's just as evil, but half as competent and double as pessimistic. The guidebook for Giants mentions he even enrolled in troll training. His problem is that he never tries since he's always expecting to lose.
---
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4179
#39 Posted: 13:30:26 19/09/2014
Maybe Kaos is actually representing the "Magic Doom Raider".
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#40 Posted: 13:32:55 19/09/2014
Quote: Geo-Stelar

Nah, he be representin' his own "Kaos" element.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4179
#41 Posted: 13:37:04 19/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Exactly! He is of the "Kaos Magic" element!
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#42 Posted: 13:52:37 19/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Exactly! He is of the "Kaos Magic" element!

No,ye don't seem to understand. Kaos be part of the Kaos element not the Kaos Magic element. My guess is that the Magic and other missing doom raider are part of the Adventure packs.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
RetroMe91 Blue Sparx Gems: 539
#43 Posted: 22:14:49 20/09/2014
I hope one of the characters in each element will be female. A black widow would be cool for darkness and if the angel were to be female (though I doubt it based on the skylander dad vid) would be rad!
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#44 Posted: 08:30:34 22/09/2014
Every element has to have dragons. Spotlight Spyro and Blackout Cynder are the cores for the new elements. Both new elements have a Trap Master, one core, a big boss and three mini bosses (the small boxes with question marks are for their names).

Pure speculation here, but a**mini of each of the 8 primary elements will be packaged in a normal/mini combo pack, so reposes for mainstays Trigger Happy, Stealth Elf, Hex, and either Bash or Terrafin may be forthcoming. Thus, Flipwreck is the contest winner (the other two question marks being Stealth Elf and Hex). This means Spotlight Spyro might be packaged with Spry.
---
1Jn47
#45 Posted: 08:59:40 22/09/2014
Quote: Plordigian
Every element has to have dragons. Spotlight Spyro and Blackout Cynder are the cores for the new elements. Both new elements have a Trap Master, one core, a big boss and three mini bosses (the small boxes with question marks are for their names).

Pure speculation here, but a**mini of each of the 8 primary elements will be packaged in a normal/mini combo pack, so reposes for mainstays Trigger Happy, Stealth Elf, Hex, and either Bash or Terrafin may be forthcoming. Thus, Flipwreck is the contest winner (the other two question marks being Stealth Elf and Hex). This means Spotlight Spyro might be packaged with Spry.

except bat spin and high five have already been seen on the back of packaging
---
#46 Posted: 09:07:29 22/09/2014

Pure speculation here, but a mini of each of the 8 primary elements will be packaged in a normal/mini combo pack, so reposes for mainstays Trigger Happy, Stealth Elf, Hex, and either Bash or Terrafin may be forthcoming. Thus, Flipwreck is the contest winner (the other two question marks being Stealth Elf and Hex). This means Spotlight Spyro might be packaged with Spry.

Let me clear some things up for you.

Spotlight and Blackout, if these are their true names, are the completely new characters (still not sure if Cores or Trap Masters, but probably the former) for the two new Elements, Light and Dark.
While your theory is interesting and makes sense, those character have been described as "spiders", one using shadow tentacles and vortexes, to attack, and the other controlling rings and shooting lazer beams.

They wouldn't absolutely put two already exsisting Skylanders, in new Elements, and call them "completely new".

And, regarding the new Elements villains, it wouldn't make much sense, if there was a Light Doom Raider, but since some leaked images revealed there are indeed villains for the Light Element too, I'm gonna assume there are two Doom Riders left (the Magic and the Dark ones), and some villains for the two new Elements.

Moreover, the poster that comes inside the Starter Pack already confirmed the reposes for this game (Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz, Tidal Wave Gill Grunt, Hog Wild Fryno, Sure Shot Shroomboom and Full Blast Jet-Vac), and the other "reposes" for the remaining elements probably took the form of Minis (Drobit, Bop and Hijinx), or simply became member of the Eon's Elite.

Spyro already is in Trap Team, in two different ways.

The "winner" of the contest cannot be Flip Wreck, because a picture of the backside of a Triple Pack revealed that both High Five and Bat Spin are in the game, called after their contest names, so, indeed the third Frito Lay's character is in there too. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:24:50 22/09/2014 by Drek95
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#47 Posted: 09:44:39 22/09/2014

I would be really annoyed if this was the case. I don't want a repose.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#48 Posted: 10:44:46 22/09/2014
Golly, Drek, no need to get bent outta shape. Speculation, to "clear it up" for ya, is merely thinking out loud. If your version of enlightenment is to be rude then nah, I think I'd rather not. Especially when you're not saying anything new. Adding a smiley at the end doesn't excuse it.

It's been suggested, and hoped, that the leaked packaging is not the final product. Bat Spin is such a bad name...

Having jumped on this train back in February, I wasn't around for the waiting game before the previous releases. Anyone remember if Giants and Swap Force had or had not been fully revealed this close to the release date?
---
1Jn47
#49 Posted: 10:56:30 22/09/2014
Golly, Drek, no need to get bent outta shape. Speculation, to "clear it up" for ya, is merely thinking out loud. If your version of enlightenment is to be rude then nah, I think I'd rather not. Especially when you're not saying anything new. Adding a smiley at the end doesn't excuse it.

It's been suggested, and hoped, that the leaked packaging is not the final product. Bat Spin is such a bad name...

Having jumped on this train back in February, I wasn't around for the waiting game before the previous releases. Anyone remember if Giants and Swap Force had or had not been fully revealed this close to the release date?

He wasn't being rude, just telling you that your speculation wasn't 100% possible. Also Bat Spin is her name because we have seen pictures of her in the in game menu.
---
#50 Posted: 11:09:48 22/09/2014

Excuse me, Plordigian, I wasn't ABSOLUTELY trying to sound rude at all.

If this is what I seemed at your eyes, then I give you my excuses.

I was just trying to be as clear and friendly as possible, since you are a Red Sparx and thus a new utent, and thought you might have not known too well this informations.

The packaging is indeed the final one, as it was also seen in the stores which already got them.

This is the main problem, when writing to someone, instead of talking to him.
You can hardly convey the tone of voice you are using.

I was just giving you facts, an telling you what we knew.
That's all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me