Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
New Elements Confirmed???? [CLOSED]
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#1 Posted: 12:24:06 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
LOOK! smilie [User Posted Image]
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#2 Posted: 12:28:31 18/09/2014
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:51:55 19/09/2014 by bionicle2809
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3 Posted: 12:39:13 18/09/2014
Light and Dark?
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#4 Posted: 12:51:01 18/09/2014
I still think there is a little more to it...I'm not going to pretend to be informed, just a gut feeling - either via the story or the figures and their properties, they won't just be 'another character'
- Unreall
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 12:56:08 18/09/2014
Well that will unbalance the elements . Sun and Moon i see .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#6 Posted: 13:09:33 18/09/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Sun and Moon

[User Posted Image]

That is what I see also.

Credit for picture of prototype figure goes to SkylanderDad:

[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:44:29 18/09/2014 by wgeorge111
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 13:13:38 18/09/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Well that will unbalance the elements . Sun and Moon i see .

Now they must add two Giants, 4 Swappers and 4 Trap Masters, along with the remaining Cores, or my OCD will never be satisfied...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 13:51:37 18/09/2014
Wonder how this will effect gameplay? This means there's either four more Trap Masters, or two more Trap Masters and two more cores.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#9 Posted: 13:53:28 18/09/2014
PLEASE let there be a Dragon Trap Master.

Maybe a dark one... called... maybe... Malefor?

Hmm?
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#10 Posted: 14:08:52 18/09/2014
Guys, I've seen enogh RPGs to see where this is going. They won't be unbalanced most likely, chances qre they'll be neutral to the other 8 and mutually weak to each other. It' hardly uncommon in elemental magic mechanics.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#11 Posted: 14:13:23 18/09/2014
Quote: Balphagor_

Hmm?

I was just thinking the same thing, except for the "Malefor" part though. I'd love to have another bipedal dragon who is also a Trap Master. Maybe a new ninja Skylander that wields Traptanium Nunchaku.
#12 Posted: 14:15:07 18/09/2014
Call me stupid (or ignorant) but were the elements REALLY that important/imposing before?

I have played all 6 games so far and have not once thought "Darn, if I hadn't have used a Fire Skylander against that Water one then I might have won.".

Or is is that I literally just haven't noticed it?
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#13 Posted: 14:20:08 18/09/2014
The elemental rock paper scissors only existed in the console version of Spyro's adventure in the pvp. Seriously, new elements won't unbalance anything aside from amount of figures.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#14 Posted: 14:20:36 18/09/2014
Call me stupid (or ignorant) but were the elements REALLY that important/imposing before?

I have played all 6 games so far and have not once thought "Darn, if I hadn't have used a Fire Skylander against that Water one then I might have won.".

Or is is that I literally just haven't noticed it?

It was a PVP and Ambush thing, if I recall. Not like you needed to worry ever, since avoiding damage was a must no matter the element.
---
#15 Posted: 14:24:01 18/09/2014
Ah I was never really into the PVP so I must have missed it.

Thanks though. n_n
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#16 Posted: 14:30:47 18/09/2014
If the Sun and Moon are the new elements, which I really hope they are, maybe the magical moments will contain a black background for the Moon and a white one for the Sun.
#17 Posted: 14:37:01 18/09/2014
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
The elemental rock paper scissors only existed in the console version of Spyro's adventure in the pvp. Seriously, new elements won't unbalance anything aside from amount of figures.

Aaaaaand, that's the problem.

Unless they fix it, by adding two Giants, two Swappers, two Trap Masters, and least, from 9 to 11 Cores, in Skylanders 5, then it will be a HUGE character balancing problem.

But, while I'm a bit concerned, I'm sure TfB and V.V. will know how to make everything be fine. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#18 Posted: 14:41:58 18/09/2014
I reckon they'll be Nightmare and Dream, based on some of the 3DS villain names.

How they work against other Elements doesn't matter, because Element matchups were scrapped in SF. Try putting an Air Skylander against an Earth one and you'll see it doesn't do bonus damage any more. The Element matchups did nothing else, iirc.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#19 Posted: 14:49:38 18/09/2014
This just makes me even more intrigued on what these question marks are! I wish TFB would let SkylanderKids and co. let a little more out of the bag, as they seem to know quite a bit...
#20 Posted: 14:55:00 18/09/2014
Well, since they let only one screenshot with the elements visible, doubt it was in their plans to reveal more than that bird man prototype. But like a certain fighting game, I guess we leave them no choice...
---
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#21 Posted: 15:00:01 18/09/2014
I don't think any new elements could be light and dark, as they already have lots of "Dark" figures. It has to use different names.
#22 Posted: 15:01:53 18/09/2014
Quote: Drek95

Unless they fix it, by adding two Giants, two Swappers, two Trap Masters, and least, from 9 to 11 Cores, in Skylanders 5, then it will be a HUGE character balancing problem.

But, while I'm a bit concerned, I'm sure TfB and V.V. will know how to make everything be fine. smilie

Well, we don't really NEED a new Giant, Swappers and cores for it. In actual fact I'd rather we don't go overboard on those. An element doesn't have to have a fair amount of figures. I quite like the idea of there being two 'rarer' and more exclusive elements. Like having the true element of Light/Darkness is a true feat and very few beings in Skylands even control those powers, making it a relatively new element. Heck, maybe they'll 'retype' all Dark figures to being Dark element and all Legendary figures to being Light element. Who knows? There's a lot of fun to be had with elements that are late to the game.
---
#23 Posted: 15:09:08 18/09/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Well, since they let only one screenshot with the elements visible, doubt it was in their plans to reveal more than that bird man prototype.

I think they took down the birdman prototype picture I posted. That must mean they are in damage control mode.
meltdown44 Red Sparx Gems: 78
#24 Posted: 15:11:15 18/09/2014
Back in SSA the first story scroll mentioned there not being a light or dark elemental skylander in a VERY long time. Just an fyi that this was teased waayyy back.
#25 Posted: 15:15:45 18/09/2014

Well, we don't really NEED a new Giant, Swappers and cores for it. In actual fact I'd rather we don't go overboard on those. An element doesn't have to have a fair amount of figures. I quite like the idea of there being two 'rarer' and more exclusive elements. Like having the true element of Light/Darkness is a true feat and very few beings in Skylands even control those powers, making it a relatively new element. Heck, maybe they'll 'retype' all Dark figures to being Dark element and all Legendary figures to being Light element. Who knows? There's a lot of fun to be had with elements that are late to the game.

Mmmh... I see your point.
Well, that would be kind of cool, I guess... But...

The truth is, I simply think I wouldn't be able to get over the character unbalancement.
Even if justified by the lore.

I would simply look at my collection, and see 14 Skylanders for the Water, Earth, Undead, Life, Tech, Magic, Fire and Air Element, and only 2 for the new ones.

It's a personal and stupid problem, I know, but I cannot help myself in any way.
I honestly hope Skylanders 5 will explain this idea better.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#26 Posted: 15:18:28 18/09/2014
Quote: meltdown44
Back in SSA the first story scroll mentioned there not being a light or dark elemental skylander in a VERY long time. Just an fyi that this was teased waayyy back.

That story scroll was referring to the Elder Elementals - the Giants. Besides, there's nothing to really suggest that these are light and dark elements. That would imply that there are Skylanders that are of the 'dark' element (rather than just being... Dark) and that there are villains of the 'light' element.

It seems a lot more likely that they're day and night or sun and moon elements; though I would prefer the former.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#27 Posted: 15:21:54 18/09/2014
So these "Dream" and "Nightmare" characters...anyone figuring that they'll be the Lightcores? I'm sure they'll probably look and be about the same size as trap masters, but with a light up element on them somewhere. Dude with the wings up there looks like he's missing the top part of his weapon, a likely object to house an LED light, and something that they probably wouldn't print when doing a prototype print.

Would be a cool way to utilize the LC element instead of just slapping them onto a character for no reason. Although if they do, I question the price point; will they retain the LC's price or be bumped up to Trap Masters range?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#28 Posted: 15:31:54 18/09/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: meltdown44

That story scroll was referring to the Elder Elementals - the Giants. Besides, there's nothing to really suggest that these are light and dark elements. That would imply that there are Skylanders that are of the 'dark' element (rather than just being... Dark) and that there are villains of the 'light' element.

It seems a lot more likely that they're day and night or sun and moon elements; though I would prefer the former.

Well, other Elements already have icons that only let you understand the alignment (Earth is not the Mountain Element, Life is not the Leaf or Plant one...).

Besides, how would a Skylander from either a Day/Sun or Night/Moon element be...?
Quite strange... I like Arc of Archives's idea of Nightmare and Dream Elements (even if they could have fitted well in Magic...), it also fits the 3DS theme.

This story reminds me of the introduction of the Light and Dark elements in the Gormiti series.
They were different, however, since both good and evil characters were available from the start.
Ad the Fire (bad ones) characters were always a little less, than the other elements.
Back in those days, I didn't care that much about a character unbalancement, and the idea of having an element representing pure Good, and one pure Evil, really got me excited.

They also "evolved" and became Sun and Moon elements. smilie

But they were only toys.
Not playable characters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:56 18/09/2014 by Drek95
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#29 Posted: 15:32:04 18/09/2014
The real question is if these are just 3ds exclusive elements or not, but i'm going to assume they aren't.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#30 Posted: 15:39:16 18/09/2014

Hmm?

Maybe a fan favorite like...Vathek?
#31 Posted: 15:42:07 18/09/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
So these "Dream" and "Nightmare" characters...anyone figuring that they'll be the Lightcores? I'm sure they'll probably look and be about the same size as trap masters, but with a light up element on them somewhere. Dude with the wings up there looks like he's missing the top part of his weapon, a likely object to house an LED light, and something that they probably wouldn't print when doing a prototype print.

Would be a cool way to utilize the LC element instead of just slapping them onto a character for no reason. Although if they do, I question the price point; will they retain the LC's price or be bumped up to Trap Masters range?

All the Trap Master should have been Lightcores.
Imagine their weapons light up only when near a villain...

Pure awesomeness.
That would have also justified the price.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:13 18/09/2014 by Drek95
#32 Posted: 15:43:57 18/09/2014
Quote: GigaCamo

Hmm?

Maybe a fan favorite like...Vathek?

Yes please, that would also be acceptable.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#33 Posted: 15:49:54 18/09/2014
Wow Light and Dark huh? Nice.

It would be nice to see some Light/Dark Swappers and Giants but it seems they only support cores as a universal Skylander type.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#34 Posted: 15:58:48 18/09/2014
Why not solar/lunar?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#35 Posted: 16:00:09 18/09/2014
To be honest you could MAYBE have a light/dark Swap Force, but you could not have a light/dark Giant.

We have see the original Giants, even before they were frozen, so it would make no sense to just randomly have one start existing.

Technically you could say the same for the Swap force, but there were several Swappers that we didn't see in their "Cut scenes" anyways.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#36 Posted: 16:32:28 18/09/2014

Pure awesomeness.

Yes... I have said this before. And in a different thread, you said it was "brillantly suggested", so, thanks for the compliment :3

I'm really starting to wonder why they didn't make the Trap Masters lightcore. It's not a new feature, apart from villain-only light-up, but that would only be an extra bonus - the point is lighting up in the first place.

It would look great with the translucent weapons (making them more desirable), and it would help to justify the price point. Those two points would easily sell more figures while making the customers happier (or at least less disappointed) - everyone wins!
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#37 Posted: 16:37:17 18/09/2014
Quote: Nightmoon

Pure awesomeness.

Yes... I have said this before. And in a different thread, you said it was "brillantly suggested", so, thanks for the compliment :3

I'm really starting to wonder why they didn't make the Trap Masters lightcore. It's not a new feature, apart from villain-only light-up, but that would only be an extra bonus - the point is lighting up in the first place.

It would look great with the translucent weapons (making them more desirable), and it would help to justify the price point. Those two points would easily sell more figures while making the customers happier (or at least less disappointed) - everyone wins!

Yeah, it is kind of silly. According to an interview article http://www.everybodyplays.co.u...end-rawwwr/1768 earlier they light up in the game while fighting villains. Seems like a waste to not have the figures glow simultaneously as well smilie
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#38 Posted: 16:41:21 18/09/2014
Quote: Nightmoon

Pure awesomeness.

Ooooh, so it was you, who suggested it!
AWESOME idea! smilie

However, I think the only motivation they could have found for non-Lightcores Trap Masters is purely an aesthetic one.
LEDs inside the traptanium weapons could have ruined their visual effect...
But it still isn't enough.

What if... The released toys will actually light up...?
Now, THAT would be unexpected.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SkylanderSteve Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#39 Posted: 17:11:22 18/09/2014
Maybe night and day elements

day can only be played in a sunny area like the island tops
night have to be night or underground
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#40 Posted: 18:33:44 18/09/2014
''The Elemental Elders with their power of Light and Darkness stuff'' remember this from SSA? am i the only one thinking about this?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#41 Posted: 18:50:17 18/09/2014
Well people keep saying it's the Giants but they never said the Elder Elementals were the very first Skylanders, only that they were the most powerful ones ever known.
---
BenandDaddy Green Sparx Gems: 418
#42 Posted: 19:26:33 18/09/2014
I just see this as being dark skylanders (moon) and light core (sun)
Although we have them already , but just incorporating them as elements.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#43 Posted: 19:31:49 18/09/2014
To end the confusion, the elements are Dark and Light, according to this article:
http://surlatrace-skylanders.e...-trap-team.html
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:36:29 18/09/2014 by Matteomax
#44 Posted: 19:45:35 18/09/2014
Some screen shots from Skylanders boy and girl video.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
#45 Posted: 19:47:07 18/09/2014
I'm hoping those names are errors in translation. 'Spotlight' and 'Light', really?
---
#46 Posted: 19:49:01 18/09/2014
So, I was right about Ninja Bird Man being the Magic Doom Raider? Sweet!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#47 Posted: 19:53:24 18/09/2014
How in the world a ninja crow is Magic?

...Actually, how do any of the magic villains except Rage Mage fit at all? I can't watch that new elements video for the life of me, so really hope someone posts backstories of those guys soon for some clarification.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:18 18/09/2014 by Bifrost
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#48 Posted: 20:01:28 18/09/2014
Quote: Bionichute

It's not a real image of the poster, it's been photoshopped.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#49 Posted: 20:04:32 18/09/2014
I so want the centaur with a big sword to be female and named Knight-Mare. I mean its a Moon element right? smilie Just to watch a certain fandoms heads' explode.
#50 Posted: 20:05:10 18/09/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Bionichute

It's not a real image of the poster, it's been photoshopped.

I know that, but considering these guys seem to know a bit about the game, I assume that they're correct.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me