Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Seperating your skylanders from others (telling who's is who's)
Page 1 of 1
Seperating your skylanders from others (telling who's is who's) [CLOSED]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#1 Posted: 13:11:55 14/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm wondering what ppl with multi sets of skylanders use to tell theirs apart. Such as I have a set and my son have a set.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:19 14/09/2014 by SlayerX11
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 13:21:26 14/09/2014
Seriously? You must be completely broke.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#3 Posted: 13:27:43 14/09/2014
You could probably use the Nickname feature.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#4 Posted: 14:16:36 14/09/2014
Re-paint one.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
#5 Posted: 16:59:03 14/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351

Off skylanders? Its not like these things cost THAT much. I only buy things when on sale or when I find good deals. Id rather my kid get this stuff then pokemon cards or other junk like that.

Quote: Skylandscaper

I hate nicknames, maybe im ocd or something but I never use a nick name for things really. I hated this in pokemon x/y even.

Quote: undeadmaster
Re-paint one.

Prob should of added in a way that doesnt damage the figure.

Im just sick of confusing whos is whos. I want to maybe try stickers but I was seeing what others experiences is with that? I know as a kid my mom would but nail polish on the bottoms of my toys but idk if i want to do that. (Atm my desk is covered in doubles/triples of skylanders who i have to sit down one day soon and figure out who is who because i cant tell without putting them on the portal and looking)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:53 14/09/2014 by SlayerX11
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#6 Posted: 17:50:25 14/09/2014
If you don't want to repaint, the sticker (the little round dot ones) is a good idea...cept that theres a chance that once the glue drys out the sticker will fall off. the finger nail polish is better ...but do to the nature of it it could damage the figure...because its enamel..and the figures plastic dosen't like that kind of paint.

The best idea i can think of, is that you could use the colored Sharpie pens (or the black ones smilie ) and put a little round dot on the bottom of the base on a smooth spot so if the time ever came up a little Goo-Gone will clean it right off with out any damage.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#7 Posted: 18:18:24 14/09/2014
I don't have any kids of my own, however I have some boys that I do watch for other people when I'm not teaching. I get them Skylanders (or give them my doubles) to play with here that they can keep and I put stickers on the bottom of theirs. I just buy a set of smiley face stickers from the store while getting other stickers for the classroom. Each boy has their own color smiley and I put them on the bottom of the colored base. Problem solved and we've had no issues knowing exactly what Skylander belongs to what person. Mine are red, then the boys each have either blue, yellow or green.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:04 14/09/2014 by Eggers
#8 Posted: 18:58:27 14/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Eggers
I don't have any kids of my own, however I have some boys that I do watch for other people when I'm not teaching. I get them Skylanders (or give them my doubles) to play with here that they can keep and I put stickers on the bottom of theirs. I just buy a set of smiley face stickers from the store while getting other stickers for the classroom. Each boy has their own color smiley and I put them on the bottom of the colored base. Problem solved and we've had no issues knowing exactly what Skylander belongs to what person. Mine are red, then the boys each have either blue, yellow or green.

Im prob going to do something like this, i actually need to go to target/walmart and take a look. Figured i'd ask for ideas before I go.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 19:31:39 14/09/2014
I tied small pieces of cloth to some Skylanders I'm planning to take to any possible events that may happen nearby, it doesn't work with all of them but for humanoids or dragons it's pretty effective to tell them apart. If you have triples or more you can always use different colors or ribbons, too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#10 Posted: 19:46:00 14/09/2014
Quote: SlayerX11

Off skylanders? Its not like these things cost THAT much. I only buy things when on sale or when I find good deals. Id rather my kid get this stuff then pokemon cards or other junk like that.

I hate nicknames, maybe im ocd or something but I never use a nick name for things really. I hated this in pokemon x/y even.

Re-paint one.

Im just sick of confusing whos is whos. I want to maybe try stickers but I was seeing what others experiences is with that? I know as a kid my mom would but nail polish on the bottoms of my toys but idk if i want to do that. (Atm my desk is covered in doubles/triples of skylanders who i have to sit down one day soon and figure out who is who because i cant tell without putting them on the portal and looking)

Pokemon cards are junk but plastic toys are not? Interesting, you would think since you have a son you would be old enough not to bash things for no reason whatsoever.

If you don't want to nickname them there is no way to tell them apart unless you put some kind of mark on them, whether that is a sticker, a black dot with a sharpie, etc. A small piece tape on the bottom of one of the sets would be the way to go as this will not damage anything. If there is any sticky residue leftover after the tape is removed a bit of goo gone will make them good as new.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Charlio Green Sparx Gems: 240
#11 Posted: 22:12:14 14/09/2014
I just use a small piece of that Scotch "Magic" tape that you can write on on the bottom of the Skylander and texta an initial on it. I've never had any issues with that particular tape leaving sticky residue either.

Quote: Bifrost
I tied small pieces of cloth to some Skylanders I'm planning to take to any possible events that may happen nearby, it doesn't work with all of them but for humanoids or dragons it's pretty effective to tell them apart. If you have triples or more you can always use different colors or ribbons, too.

That's a cool idea, I gotta remember that.
---
I'm making Skylander avatars, free for use: http://sta.sh/2z3bpmz23of
#12 Posted: 23:18:14 14/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: IWHBYD
Quote: SlayerX11

Re-paint one.

Pokemon cards are junk but plastic toys are not? Interesting, you would think since you have a son you would be old enough not to bash things for no reason whatsoever.

If you don't want to nickname them there is no way to tell them apart unless you put some kind of mark on them, whether that is a sticker, a black dot with a sharpie, etc. A small piece tape on the bottom of one of the sets would be the way to go as this will not damage anything. If there is any sticky residue leftover after the tape is removed a bit of goo gone will make them good as new.

If your into pokemon cards i have no problem with them this has to do with my family not in general.
Im not bashing pokemon cards if it came across that way it wasnt meant to. I still have all the cards from when i played as a kid along with the games. My issue comes from his grandmother buys him these and others and they end up in the trash or on the floor as he looks at them when he gets them and does nothing with them after that. At least with the skylanders he plays pretend with them. In the end its all the same I guess, but id prefer plastic toys over paper cards at this point in his childhood as i see him get more out of it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:32 14/09/2014 by SlayerX11
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#13 Posted: 12:29:12 15/09/2014
I would agree that Pokemon cards are a waste at my house. Almost any card game my kids get usually get lost and thrown in the trash. So I don't normally buy them. Figures, on the other hand, are much better. Yeah, a few have gotten broken along the way (especially the way some are made), but they're still played with. To me, a toy (especially one that isn't just a cheap piece of plastic that does nothing) has more value than a card (which is just a piece of paper). But I understand why some people like card games and why some have value for those that collect them.

I also don't like the nicknaming idea. And it doesn't help to determine who's is who's without putting them on the portal.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#14 Posted: 18:28:47 15/09/2014
Wtf are we talking about Pokemon? I just use boxes for these
smilie

Anyways, about Skylanders. I may sound completely insane or ridicoules, but sometimes, the smell of the other person's skylanders is diferent then yours. I can easely tell any Skylander apart from nine.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#15 Posted: 18:42:27 17/09/2014
Both me and my cousin are into Skylanders, but she never puts hats on hers and I put hats on mine. Only works to tell them apart with the game, though.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Eric-K Gold Sparx Gems: 2211
#16 Posted: 13:48:28 18/09/2014
We use Sharpie to initial the bottom of the figure... the top half of the Swap Force requires some skill and a fine-point Sharpie!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me