darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > At Toys For Bob right now... (UPDATE >> NO PVP in Trap Team)
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
At Toys For Bob right now... (UPDATE >> NO PVP in Trap Team)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#51 Posted: 07:15:44 12/09/2014
Could you confirm or deny this 9th element please ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#52 Posted: 13:06:05 12/09/2014
Also will series 1 minis have wow pow
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#53 Posted: 13:38:18 12/09/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Could you confirm or deny this 9th element please ?

Methinks if there's a ninth element, it'll cause as much of a shakeup as Fairy types did at the start of Gen VI
---
Whip up a storm!
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#54 Posted: 13:52:21 12/09/2014
I WANT TO KNOW ABOUt those question marks, light cores, and reposes.
---
Spread those positive vibes
BeBoss Green Sparx Gems: 443
#55 Posted: 05:57:27 13/09/2014
I would like to ask if lightcores would be returning
---
My friend code for the 3ds is 3024 - 7878 - 9881. Let's play!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:59:01 13/09/2014 by BeBoss
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#56 Posted: 14:39:44 13/09/2014
I'm pretty sure he's left TfB now. We'll see all of the "non answers" shortly.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#57 Posted: 14:51:32 13/09/2014
Close to the release date, this will probably be a big update
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#58 Posted: 14:53:07 13/09/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

At this point, they really need to start talking. As annoying as their non answers were before, if they continue that with less than a month to go... I can't find a proper way to express my anger with that thought.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#59 Posted: 17:36:37 13/09/2014
Looks like we will not here anything until Tuesday the 16th from what he posted in the beginning thread.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#60 Posted: 18:14:33 13/09/2014

They likely told what skydad can't tell his fanbase until the 16th. But he's also likely seen the secret stuff too but can't fully tell it until the game comes out.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#61 Posted: 20:26:53 13/09/2014
Quote: Aura24

They likely told what skydad can't tell his fanbase until the 16th. But he's also likely seen the secret stuff too but can't fully tell it until the game comes out.

Three days before Infinity 2.0 comes out. I guess the 18th at 11:59:59 PM was just too inconvenient smilie
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#62 Posted: 12:28:00 14/09/2014
Quote: Eggers

At this point, they really need to start talking. As annoying as their non answers were before, if they continue that with less than a month to go... I can't find a proper way to express my anger with that thought.

I can't understand why people would get angry over a lack of information about a game. Disappointment, I get. If you bought the product and it was no where near the quality you were expecting, I can see some anger maybe. This seems like a major overreaction and lack of perspective.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#63 Posted: 13:22:17 14/09/2014
Oh yeah. He's probably gone but "Will the Wii U version have gamepad play?"
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#64 Posted: 13:40:41 14/09/2014
SkyKids posted a video a long time ago featuring Wildfire with the game playing on the GamePad
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#65 Posted: 13:50:11 14/09/2014
Quote: melvimbe

I can't understand why people would get angry over a lack of information about a game. Disappointment, I get. If you bought the product and it was no where near the quality you were expecting, I can see some anger maybe. This seems like a major overreaction and lack of perspective.

This so much.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#66 Posted: 14:37:15 14/09/2014

I do get this.
I too had enough of all of this criticism for nothing that was present for a while in this forum, FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD... But now, I'm starting to chance my mind.

I like the trapping mechanic, I like the Trap Masters (even if that gimmick could have been a little better, in my opinion), and I like the game itself.

But we still know A LOT more, regarding Skylanders and villains, compared to what we know about the game itself.
We don't know about the Kaos Mode, we don't know about Heroics, we don't know about possible Mini only areas, we don't know about other game modes, we don't know about the ? characters (and that wouldn't even be a problem, if other persons didn't knew that, ad couldn't talk...) and we don't know about traps forward compatibility.

A lot of people isn't going to buy traps at all, if they won't answer this question as soon as possible.

We are not talking about a single buy game.
We are talking about a game that requires multiple investments.
That's why we want to know more about it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#67 Posted: 18:44:55 14/09/2014
Quote: Drek95

I do get this.
I too had enough of all of this criticism for nothing that was present for a while in this forum, FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD... But now, I'm starting to chance my mind.

I like the trapping mechanic, I like the Trap Masters (even if that gimmick could have been a little better, in my opinion), and I like the game itself.

But we still know A LOT more, regarding Skylanders and villains, compared to what we know about the game itself.
We don't know about the Kaos Mode, we don't know about Heroics, we don't know about possible Mini only areas, we don't know about other game modes, we don't know about the ? characters (and that wouldn't even be a problem, if other persons didn't knew that, ad couldn't talk...) and we don't know about traps forward compatibility.

A lot of people isn't going to buy traps at all, if they won't answer this question as soon as possible.

Thank you, Drek. This was going to be the post I was about to make smilie

The amount of money this game requires of us does actually cause us to deserve to know information about it. We're talking a $75 game (or $100 in the case of the dark edition) in and of itself puts the game over the price of others that you can buy. Then when we start discussing having to buy at least one trap master of every kind in order to access all parts of the game, as well as traps to use the villains and access their quests, the price increases.

I blindly bought Swap Force and all those figures, only to find out how disappointed I was in the end. I'd rather make an informed decision before throwing down so much money. Perhaps others here have the money to just throw down on a whim, or maybe they are just hardcore fans that don't care what it is so long as it has the name Skylanders on it. I live on a budget and I have to make decisions with my extra money that involve needing to be informed before I just go throwing around money. That's why I'm getting frustrated with how Activision and TfB haven't been answering any questions about this game. And yes, at this point if they still refuse to still answer our many questions we've had for a while now, it does make me feel angry and they won't be forthcoming with answers. It feels like they want us to blindly spend money and I don't want to spend blindly.
---
#68 Posted: 18:57:16 14/09/2014

I do get this.

The amount of money this game requires of us does actually cause us to deserve to know information about it. We're talking a $75 game (or $100 in the case of the dark edition) in and of itself puts the game over the price of others that you can buy. Then when we start discussing having to buy at least one trap master of every kind in order to access all parts of the game, as well as traps to use the villains and access their quests, the price increases.

I blindly bought Swap Force and all those figures, only to find out how disappointed I was in the end. I'd rather make an informed decision before throwing down so much money. Perhaps others here have the money to just throw down on a whim, or maybe they are just hardcore fans that don't care what it is so long as it has the name Skylanders on it. I live on a budget and I have to make decisions with my extra money that involve needing to be informed before I just go throwing around money. That's why I'm getting frustrated with how Activision and TfB haven't been answering any questions about this game. And yes, at this point if they still refuse to still answer our many questions we've had for a while now, it does make me feel angry and they won't be forthcoming with answers. It feels like they want us to blindly spend money and I don't want to spend blindly.

You're welcome, Eggers. smilie

And, even if we remain on the figures aspect, while we don't need to know that much about the new Skylanders as of now, since sooner or later the site will be updated with all the gameplays, backstories, arts and so on, we should really know more about traps.
I mean, if that collection screen image didn't came out, how would we have known about the other sculpts, such as the sword and the flower (?)?
It isn't really a problem, because when you'll first play the game, you will have access to that collection screen, ad you'll be' able to choose, but not everyone has seen that pic.

Who knows what other sculpts are being produced...?

This isn't about hype.
They are just don't telling us important or useful things.

Sorry for any grammatical horror I could have made.
English is not my first language... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#69 Posted: 19:09:49 14/09/2014

I do get this.

You're welcome, Eggers. smilie

And, even if we remain on the figures aspect, while we don't need to know that much about the new Skylanders as of now, since sooner or later the site will be updated with all the gameplays, backstories, arts and so on, we should really know more about traps.
I mean, if that collection screen image didn't came out, how would we have known about the other sculpts, such as the sword and the flower (?)?
It isn't really a problem, because when you'll first play the game, you will have access to that collection screen, ad you'll be' able to choose, but not everyone has seen that pic.

Who knows what other sculpts are being produced...?

This isn't about hype.
They are just don't telling us important or useful things.

Sorry for any grammatical horror I could have made.
English is not my first language... smilie

Not a problem. I understand you quite well smilie

The topic of figures seems to be all that TfB and Activision want to discuss. They want to discuss figures or traps, and that's not what I want to hear about anymore. I've heard enough about them, and I like what I've heard so far. Sure they avoid the question of how useful they'll be in the future, but I don't have to buy more than 1 trap per element if they refuse to give us that answer.

I want the answers to some of the quesitons about game mechanics we've had. Things like heroics returning or not, how can we upgrade character stats if they don't return along with the many other questions we've seen about the actual gameplay. Will variants have stats that are different from their normal counterparts? VV took that away during Swap Force. What about the awful cut scenes that you couldn't skip? The scenes themselves were fun, but they were just a pain after the second time you watched them and couldn't skip them.

There are many more questions that everyone has been asking, and we all seem to have roughly the same questions. It's these questions about actual gameplay that I would like to finally hear answers on before I start dropping a ton of money.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#70 Posted: 20:14:07 14/09/2014
I have a question for you guys though. Ultimately, at this point, is there anything that would prevent you from getting the game now and simply using the figures you have? I'm guessing you have a few Skylanders at this point. Is it absolutely vital that you unlock every gate and secret? Do you feel you need access to everything in the game? Do you feel the need to have a trap for each villain? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just trying to understand the mind set of being frustrated about the lack of knowing everything. Now, ultimately for me, I'm usually a very impatient person so to a point I do sympathize. There are still a few questions I'd like answered and I have some serious doubts about the full functionality of Trap Team and the Trap mechanic going forward in future installments. However, I still plan on picking the game up (Dark Edition), all the new Cores, Trap Masters and a set of traps for each element (only one complete set though). I'm getting to the point where I actually like using my oldies to complete things. I have a ton of Skylanders (118 according to my game file) and I plan on using them all. I'm also taking my time, as I did in Swap Force and getting the new stuff slowly. Everything I've seen so far looks good. I would like to know how I will be able to make my new characters unique in Trap Team but I pray it's not Heroics (at least as they were). I also don't know what they were thinking with only one trap slot when a lot of people play co-op.

I'm getting a new PS4 next week so I'm a little excited actually to see all the new shinnies. I usually over obsess on what ever I play so I need to be careful about burn out. I have very high expectations for Trap Team on the new system and can't wait to check it out. There was a time I needed to know everything as well but there are only so many things I can go crazy over. For me personally it's Wife, Kid, Job, Kids School crap, Birthdays, X-mas shopping, etc. Worrying about knowing everything about Trap Team isn't on my list anymore. I will get it, play it and if I don't enjoy it I'll be done. I will go on record as saying the 3DS bundle is a HORRIBLE mistake and it is looking like they are intentionally trying to sink that ship. Again I'm not trying to discredit you opinions or concerns I just don't like to see anyone over worry about things they can't control. Some of you know me and that I am one of the most diplomatic users on these forums. EVERYONE'S opinion is valid...provided they are civil and not buttheads smilie .
#71 Posted: 20:58:01 14/09/2014
Well, I would be fine with one (at maximum two) traps per element, and all the new characters (no variants) and Adventure Packs.

To me, Skylanders has always been more of a playground to test all the characters various abilities.
Multiple playable characters to use in videogames has always entertained me.

And so far, any character has disattended my expectations. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#72 Posted: 22:36:00 14/09/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
SkyKids posted a video a long time ago featuring Wildfire with the game playing on the GamePad

Yes but that was before they knew what they were gonna do with the gamepad. It was too early to make proper judgement.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#73 Posted: 00:12:03 15/09/2014
Quote: Tigorus
I have a question for you guys though. Ultimately, at this point, is there anything that would prevent you from getting the game now and simply using the figures you have? I'm guessing you have a few Skylanders at this point. Is it absolutely vital that you unlock every gate and secret? Do you feel you need access to everything in the game? Do you feel the need to have a trap for each villain? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just trying to understand the mind set of being frustrated about the lack of knowing everything. Now, ultimately for me, I'm usually a very impatient person so to a point I do sympathize. There are still a few questions I'd like answered and I have some serious doubts about the full functionality of Trap Team and the Trap mechanic going forward in future installments. However, I still plan on picking the game up (Dark Edition), all the new Cores, Trap Masters and a set of traps for each element (only one complete set though). I'm getting to the point where I actually like using my oldies to complete things. I have a ton of Skylanders (118 according to my game file) and I plan on using them all. I'm also taking my time, as I did in Swap Force and getting the new stuff slowly. Everything I've seen so far looks good. I would like to know how I will be able to make my new characters unique in Trap Team but I pray it's not Heroics (at least as they were). I also don't know what they were thinking with only one trap slot when a lot of people play co-op.

I'm getting a new PS4 next week so I'm a little excited actually to see all the new shinnies. I usually over obsess on what ever I play so I need to be careful about burn out. I have very high expectations for Trap Team on the new system and can't wait to check it out. There was a time I needed to know everything as well but there are only so many things I can go crazy over. For me personally it's Wife, Kid, Job, Kids School crap, Birthdays, X-mas shopping, etc. Worrying about knowing everything about Trap Team isn't on my list anymore. I will get it, play it and if I don't enjoy it I'll be done. I will go on record as saying the 3DS bundle is a HORRIBLE mistake and it is looking like they are intentionally trying to sink that ship. Again I'm not trying to discredit you opinions or concerns I just don't like to see anyone over worry about things they can't control. Some of you know me and that I am one of the most diplomatic users on these forums. EVERYONE'S opinion is valid...provided they are civil and not buttheads smilie .

Well I can say that I have plenty of other things that hold more importance for me than Skylanders, but since this is a forum specifically for the game I don't mention those things smilie However, it's like I said above: I only have so much money since I'm a teacher. I'm working on getting a better teaching job, but what I have does the job for now. With very limited disposable income, I don't want to waste it on something that is only going to give me a lot of disappointment in the end. Sadly, I experienced this with Swap Force and I was bound and determined to be done with Skylanders if the disappointment continued. When I remembered that TfB would be taking over, I had hope again since I loved their two games. Unfortunately, with limited money and how disappointed I was the last time, I'd rather have my questions answered before I throw down a ton of money. I might still give it a try if the answers I get aren't what I want to hear, but at least I can make a fully informed decision.

It's important in any decision you make to have information to back up a choice. When you buy a car, you want to know how it performs and handles. Most people don't just point to a random car in a lot, not a clue what it is or how it does, and says "I want that". Most of us, when we vote, find a candidate who has views and beliefs that match what want. We again have to be informed about who they are and what they do before we vote for them. Well same with this game and how I spend my money: before I buy the game and the necessary trap masters and traps to get into every part of the game, I want to know some things about it first.

And for me, yes I feel it necessary to be able to access everything in this game. The gates are included and so are the adventure pack levels. In Swap Force, you could see the Tower of Time and Sheepwreck on the level select screen. If you chose to just buy the game and nothing else, those two levels just sat there staring at you.

Anyway, that's why information is so important for me while making this decision. I may still buy this game anyway, I've been trading games in to help build up credit along with my money for it at Gamestop. I want to like it, but I just don't want to regret wasting my money on such an expensive game. A $100 dark edition or $75 regular edition, that will end up sitting on my shelf collecting dust because I was just too disappointed to keep playing after a while doesn't feel good.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#74 Posted: 00:29:33 15/09/2014
The topic of figures seems to be all that TfB and Activision want to discuss. They want to discuss figures or traps, and that's not what I want to hear about anymore.

This sounded like me back when they first announced Trap Team. But I've been through this at least two times, and my gut told me I would not get answers. Sooooo....instead of sitting here irritating others on my viewpoint, I'll just keep the money in my wallet this year. The game doesn't look bad, but doesn't demand the investment I've blindly put in this franchise like in the past unless they're willing to take some chances--but everything I've seen is all more of the same. Trapping is just another angle to sell more items in a way that doesn't demand manufacturing rigor. I'll be sure to get the traps for the couple of guys I want to trap, but this go around is about giving my existing skylanders another romp...

As per my sig...nothing earth shattering, no online capabilities...more stuff to buy...meh. They need to bring their A game if they want customers to fork over hundreds on a game. I think they brought their C game. Figures are great, but as I've said many times before...they focus too much on toys and not on the content and overall experience. Btw, content wise VV really worked hard to change my perception here, but TfB, at least from what I've seen, has taken a step back from VV's efforts. I guess there's a chance something will happen between now and Oct 5th to change that, but I doubt it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 00:48:44 15/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#75 Posted: 01:37:37 15/09/2014
The topic of figures seems to be all that TfB and Activision want to discuss. They want to discuss figures or traps, and that's not what I want to hear about anymore.

This sounded like me back when they first announced Trap Team. But I've been through this at least two times, and my gut told me I would not get answers. Sooooo....instead of sitting here irritating others on my viewpoint, I'll just keep the money in my wallet this year. The game doesn't look bad, but doesn't demand the investment I've blindly put in this franchise like in the past unless they're willing to take some chances--but everything I've seen is all more of the same. Trapping is just another angle to sell more items in a way that doesn't demand manufacturing rigor. I'll be sure to get the traps for the couple of guys I want to trap, but this go around is about giving my existing skylanders another romp...

As per my sig...nothing earth shattering, no online capabilities...more stuff to buy...meh. They need to bring their A game if they want customers to fork over hundreds on a game. I think they brought their C game. Figures are great, but as I've said many times before...they focus too much on toys and not on the content and overall experience. Btw, content wise VV really worked hard to change my perception here, but TfB, at least from what I've seen, has taken a step back from VV's efforts. I guess there's a chance something will happen between now and Oct 5th to change that, but I doubt it.

This so much. With V.V. at the helm there was so much content and activities that I was never bored. With SSA and Giants, I played the hell out of them but let's face it there wasn't a lot to do after the main story was finished. I also feel that they aren't too concerned with D.I. since they aren't even trying to compete with the functionality of that game but instead trying to match it only in the "more crap to buy" category. Why can't we have mini games, World building, online interaction, etc. Why can't we have something beyond the core game experience that isn't just more grinding? Skylanders is really going to have to step it up. As is we're getting 2.0 for the Marvel stuff and the fact that they will have pre-made mini games in the toy box this time around. This time next year they will have Star Wars and Activision will REALLY need to evolve or die...in my eyes at least.

@ Eggers.

I totally get where your coming from. I too am on a limited income so I get that. That's why I'm spreading it out. On the bright side what ever you (we) don't find out before the release, we will most certainly find out shortly there after with the flood of info. that will be out after release from other players. I also understand making an informed decision before you buy. For what ever reason it seems T.F.B. and Activision might be nervous about something so they are holding back. They should have enough confidence by now to let us know what the game features are since it's already complete and most likely in the global distribution stream. I have a weird feeling about Trap Team and I'm not sure how's it's going to go down. For now they have the benefit of the doubt, but ultimately time will tell.

@ Drek.

I also like the variety of the different Skylanders. I'm also a collector so this franchise satisfies that itch. That was my main issue with D.I. Pretty much every character is the same when it comes to abilities. That's lame. That's why I also like and continue to support Pokemon. I like the variety.
Charlio Green Sparx Gems: 240
#76 Posted: 02:44:55 15/09/2014
I also don't know what they were thinking with only one trap slot when a lot of people play co-op.

Oh man, I didn't even think of that, thanks for pointing it out. My siblings, my partner and myself almost exclusively play co-op and we're all looking forward to playing villains together. smilie

This is the thing that's going to make me hold off preordering TT altogether (and probs hold off buying it til next year anyway) if there's no information released on it soon.
---
I'm making Skylander avatars, free for use: http://sta.sh/2z3bpmz23of
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#77 Posted: 12:21:23 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I am uploading a bunch of vids today, answer to some will be in those vids, the bulk in this video about Lightcore Trapmasters (speculation by the way):

Anyways, the biggest news is there is NO BATTLE MODE (PVP, Ring Out etc..) Tower of Time & Sheep Wreck Island won't work in Trap Team. Villain Quest gameplay is on our channel tomorrow, its like a heroic challenge for villains, most of them are involved and not just talking to someone. The story does not start off swapped with Glumshanks and Kaos. Minis have no special areas and play no specific role. They wouldn't answer any other questions about everything you asked on here & whatever else our instagram followers asked.

3DS info to come soon, you kind of have information on what happened to the Frito Lay characters but they'll be announcing that soon too from what we know.

Excuse any typos, I am typing this fast and super busy.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:24:17 15/09/2014 by skylanderkids
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#78 Posted: 12:26:36 15/09/2014
...No battle mode?

Just....Just...Just what the hell?
Not even THAT mad except for the fact the PVP just got nuked, but... Why? Turn on friendly fire, put them in a small arena. No memory issues on a console. What's the point of removing it?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:27:06 15/09/2014 by Bifrost
#79 Posted: 12:41:12 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
They are replacing Battle Mode with KAOS DOOM CHALLENGE.
100 Waves of enemies..

That's a full gameplay of one of the challenges.

The video below will show you what waves 1-40 looks like with one giant KING Brawl and Chain...

This video shows you what one EXTRA LARGE enemy looks like (that's not in the one above, spoiler... KING TROLL

To be honest, I like the challenge, it's fun, it was intense, a little tower defensey, however, it's just like Protect the Presents & fruits from Giants and Swap Force, just over and over and that's cool, but not when it's replacing battle mode. As a fan, I am upset about battle mode being gone.
---
#80 Posted: 12:51:56 15/09/2014
At least Cores still have /a/ use, judging by the tower defense. So even if it's extra content, having all elements from the get go is still being sorta rewarded.
---
#81 Posted: 12:53:12 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah and in the 31-40 waves level, there even a GIANTS' rock to be removed.
---
#82 Posted: 13:00:31 15/09/2014
Quote:
Anyways, the biggest news is there is NO BATTLE MODE (PVP, Ring Out etc..)

What the *muffled by gameplay sounds*!?!? Well I pretty much won't be playing multiplayer at all now, because I don't like co-op. At least Kaos Mode looks enjoyable, but I doubt it'll last the same for me. Old Magic Items worked fine for me in SF, don't know how they weren't working with your copy.
#83 Posted: 13:05:21 15/09/2014
Well at least it's a slight improvement for people who can only play with children. Even with some younger neighbors with video game experience I still ended up winning against them with minimal effort in PVP. With a tower defense it's going to be less stressful as co-op since you can only tell the kid to go heal the towers while you fight, or do that yourself if he's too busy mashing buttons.
---
#84 Posted: 13:26:55 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Quote:
Anyways, the biggest news is there is NO BATTLE MODE (PVP, Ring Out etc..)

What the *muffled by gameplay sounds*!?!? Well I pretty much won't be playing multiplayer at all now, because I don't like co-op. At least Kaos Mode looks enjoyable, but I doubt it'll last the same for me. Old Magic Items worked fine for me in SF, don't know how they weren't working with your copy.

You know, I apologize, I am recalling the Hidden Treasure in specific. That doesn't work right? I never saw a Hidden Treasure in Swap Force. When I asked about that in particular, they said yes, it SHOULD work. The problem is so many employees handle different things, not every TFB employee knew everything, although all this info I recite comes from Paul Reiche.
---
#85 Posted: 13:55:23 15/09/2014
My Hidden Trasure works normally. It shows up in the same three spots in a level (not three random ones like it did in SA/Giants). If your Hidden Treasure isn't working in SA/Giants, the chip's probably broken.however, if it works find in them, maybe something is wrong with the disc you've got?
#86 Posted: 14:18:00 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Wow, all this time, thought we just got jipped in Swap Force. Man!
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#87 Posted: 14:37:51 15/09/2014
You might be thinking about the Platinum Treasure Chest. It just shows up as a regular one, despite the slot for it in the collection menu.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#88 Posted: 14:41:36 15/09/2014
No battle arenas, wow
---
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#89 Posted: 15:01:35 15/09/2014
I do not mind no more PVP. Without a VS CPU mode or online, it wasn't any fun anyway for me. Never used it. Game looks great with Kaos' Doom and Brocks!

And as for ToT and Sheepwreck.......do you mean they will not work at all or they can still be used, but they ONLY work as a character buff or weapon/power?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:04:03 15/09/2014 by TOlofter
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#90 Posted: 16:07:27 15/09/2014
Yeah, I was never a PvP fan either. I just 1-playered the 10 wins for the quest and was annoyed doing it. Playing against the kids always meant I threw the match or they were unhappy. If I want to do that we can play Smash Brothers!
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#91 Posted: 16:13:46 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
They will be used as a weapon/power.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#92 Posted: 16:30:07 15/09/2014
I'm torn. I personally could careless about PvP - I never did it...like ever, but I would think it would be easy to implement, so why take it out?
- Unreall
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#93 Posted: 16:30:59 15/09/2014
Umm... well I guess that's one way of balancing the Eon's Elite in PvP. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#94 Posted: 16:37:42 15/09/2014
Thanks for the update Skylander Dad.

One interesting note though on level count, I thought there were supposed to be 18 chapters? From the video I only saw that it went up to 11. Where are the extra chapters going to come from? No pvp is going to kill my daughter but what can you do. Interesting choice on tower defense mode.
#95 Posted: 16:39:31 15/09/2014
TFB can restrict the number of chapters when allowing visitors to play demo versions of the game. The game Skydad play only had 11 chapters, but in the full game it will have 18.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#96 Posted: 16:42:55 15/09/2014
TFB can restrict the number of chapters when allowing visitors to play demo versions of the game. The game Skydad play only had 11 chapters, but in the full game it will have 18.

I totally get that, and not that I doubt you, but where and when was this confirmed? Until this morning we thought/assumed the game would have pvp too. I'm just curious. I know you are almost always right I'm just looking for clarification/confirmation.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#97 Posted: 16:48:37 15/09/2014

I totally get that, and not that I doubt you, but where and when was this confirmed? Until this morning we thought/assumed the game would have pvp too. I'm just curious. I know you are almost always right I'm just looking for clarification/confirmation.

PvP was an assumption. The achievements list has 18 levels.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#98 Posted: 16:55:05 15/09/2014

There is the achievement list of Trap Team that fully confirms the number of story-mode levels.

http://www.gamerinabox.com/133...ucces360-2.html
---
#99 Posted: 17:05:49 15/09/2014

There is the achievement list of Trap Team that fully confirms the number of story-mode levels.

http://www.gamerinabox.com/133...ucces360-2.html

Cool Beans, thanks.
#100 Posted: 17:17:42 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Tomorrow I will upload the full gameplay of Chapter 12 in Trap Team on the tablet. It is a bit more than half way through. In tomorrows vid, you'll see that Cross Crows villain quest is involved and not just talking to someone.
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me