Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > TRU Legendary Toys Available for Pre-Order This Week
Page 1 of 1
TRU Legendary Toys Available for Pre-Order This Week [CLOSED]
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#1 Posted: 13:01:16 08/09/2014 | Topic Creator
For a fourth consecutive year, Toys“R”Us will be the only place fans will find the limited edition Legendary Series of Skylanders toys, including alternative versions of new Trap Team characters and packs, such as Legendary Jawbreaker and Legendary Adventure Pack Nightmare Express, both of which will be available for preorder in Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com/Skylanders on Tuesday, September 9.

Whenever their gaming world is in peril, players can bring these figures to life to defend Skylands against any evil threat. With the Legendary version of the new Jawbreaker Trap Master character, kids can use his two large Traptanium-powered fists to deliver mighty blows to evil. For gamers looking to expand their virtual Skylanders experience, Legendary Adventure Pack Nightmare Express includes Legendary Blades and two magical objects, helping to unlock a new level in the game.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2 Posted: 14:36:39 08/09/2014
So are these the only legendaries for this game? That's what they make it sound like, but there HAS to be at least 1 more...
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#3 Posted: 14:42:38 08/09/2014 | Topic Creator
This is all that the press announcement made mention of at this time. I'm guessing that we won't know what in-game variants there are until the game is released and someone hacks it.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#4 Posted: 15:38:44 08/09/2014
These could be the Day 1 Legendaries, since sometimes another Legendary is released later. That happened with Legendary LC Chill and Stealth Elf too, if I recall correctly.

I agree that there likely is at least 1 more Legendary for Trap Team.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 16:35:29 08/09/2014
Quote: AzureStarline
These could be the Day 1 Legendaries, since sometimes another Legendary is released later. That happened with Legendary LC Chill and Stealth Elf too, if I recall correctly.

I agree that there likely is at least 1 more Legendary for Trap Team.

Legendary Trigger Happy was released in a later wave for SSA as well. Typically we get one Legendary per special type of figure and a few cores.

-SSA just had four cores since there weren't any special figures at the time.
-In Giants they picked one Giant, one Lightcore, and four cores.
-Swap Force had one Lightcore, two Swappers, and only one core.

Swap Force only had one core since they had an extra Swapper, presumably so you could actually Swap the Legendary figures. With no Lightcores in Trap Team, I'm expecting us to see something like one Trap Master, either two or four cores, and two minis.

We've already seen L-Jawbreaker and L-Blades in the Adventure pack. The other L-Core could either be a single release, or an L-Triple Pack like they released with SSA and Giants. (Hence why I said either two or four L-Cores). I'm expecting two Minis just because we haven't seen them outside of a double pack. It's also possible we get only one Mini packed in a Buddy pack with another L-Core, like Walmart's Gill Grunt and Gill Runt for example, only Legendary.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#6 Posted: 22:45:34 08/09/2014
For the adventure pack, I assume only the Skylander is legendary, but the adventure pack triggers the same level as the standard version would?
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:23 08/09/2014 by simonc1138
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 02:42:43 09/09/2014
Quote: simonc1138
For the adventure pack, I assume only the Skylander is legendary, but the adventure pack triggers the same level as the standard version would?

Who knows. I'll be withholding spending money on ANY adventure pack until I know the scoop.

Also, there will be more legendaries....check out wave 2 or 3. Glad they are toning it down. They need to.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#8 Posted: 12:42:13 09/09/2014
Probably going to be the same thing they pulled awhile back with the "Golden" dragonfire cannon: you want them all, you'll need them both. smilie
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#9 Posted: 13:22:10 09/09/2014
Also, if you perorder both, you will be under the $49 free shipping cap, but these are eligible for free shipping anyway...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#10 Posted: 14:47:25 09/09/2014
Those look awesome! But I can wait for the sales. I have never had a problem finding anything at my TRU in the past.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#11 Posted: 23:41:33 09/09/2014
Did anyone preorder these at a store today? Do they have physical preorder cards like for Gearshift and the packs?
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#12 Posted: 02:15:51 10/09/2014
Pre-ordered both online today. So glad, cause I don't have a TRU within 200 miles of my house and I really wanted Legendary Blades!
---
-joeiscool
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#13 Posted: 05:59:26 10/09/2014
Quote: stoat2337
Those look awesome! But I can wait for the sales. I have never had a problem finding anything at my TRU in the past.

Ya TRU stuff is easier to find then most.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me