Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Anyone wanna gamble??? LOL! [CLOSED]
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#1 Posted: 05:37:09 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
While it might be possible......its still doubtful in my mind. As I was checking out stuff on ebay I ran across a gohastings listing for a "Skylanders S Spring Time Trigger (2014)"
picture clearly shows fuzzy trigger happy. Its being sold for $9.79 + 3.99 shipping. 10 items left in stock. If it truly is fuzzy trigger happy its quite the deal.
Roll the dice anyone??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item58b4c35783

p.s. if it is fuzzy trigs hit me up upon arrival.....would love to add one to the collection....already have regular easter one tho... smilie
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#2 Posted: 06:34:27 03/09/2014
"Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."
---
bye
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#3 Posted: 06:48:19 03/09/2014
It's not a gamble, you will get a regular Springtime Trigger Happy guaranteed. This is a clueless employee listing this, just look at the image, they grabbed the first image they found on google and did a crap job of running it through MS Paint not realizing there are 2 different versions of this figure.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 11:10:01 03/09/2014
Yeah, look at the loads of negative feedback from the seller. I wouldn't trust him.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#5 Posted: 12:55:37 03/09/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Yeah, look at the loads of negative feedback from the seller. I wouldn't trust him.

What are you talking about? They have a 99.4% rating. That's pretty good for over a 1 million rating. Hastings is a reputable retailer that has stores around the country. I used to shop there all the time when I had one nearby. I kind of miss it, now that I've moved, but I started finding better deals elsewhere, anyway (even on their own website as stores set their own prices, it seems). It was just a fun store to go into, and they still rented movies, so I'd occasionally pick up something there if I couldn't find anything at Redbox. They sell new & used books, movies, music and games, as well as novelty items and comics. With that said, I'm not sure how their eBay works. People have complained about their website, even though I've had great luck with them. The problem is that they pull the stock from the local stores. The prices are based on whatever the cheapest store price is. So one day you might see something really cheap, then the next, it goes way up. That would especially happen during online sales. A lot of people blamed them on going up on the prices, but it was only because someone bought the item early in the sale, then it looked for the next store that carried it and set the price from that store. The shipping problems were also YMMV as it was up to the local store to ship it. It didn't necessarily come from the closest store, but the one the item was pulled from when you bought it, as most of the items people purchase are used (as their new prices were a bit pricey and the sales were usually on used items). So it may take a few days or a couple of weeks. There were also sometimes mess ups with someone shipping the wrong item (especially if there are different versions or they picked up the DVD instead of blu-ray, or something like that). Plus, buying used, you take a chance on what you get. But, through it all, they have great customer service. They will usually work with you to make it right. If they shipped you the wrong item, a lot of times, they'll refund the money and let you keep the item. Again, I'm not sure how that works with eBay, though.

I would give Hastings (or goHastings, which is their online name) a positive score, but I still believe that this is for the regular Springtime Trigger Happy and that they posted the wrong image. Though why they would have found that one and chose it, I don't know. They do have a return policy, including shipping, if it is their error. Since neither the title nor the description mentions the fuzzy variant, it might be a gamble to convince them, though. But knowing their customer service, I'm sure you can make something work. Either way, STTH has been getting hard to find, so $14 might still be a good deal on one if you wanted him, anyway.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 13:12:05 03/09/2014
They have 203 of these available.

I'd be insanely surprised if they were the flocked versions.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#7 Posted: 23:28:10 03/09/2014
I dought they are UncleBob....im betting they have like 10 or 20 of the flocked versions...if that many.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#8 Posted: 04:20:50 04/09/2014
Quote: Matteomax

Gohastings is an actual business smilie This is just their eBay shop.
---
words. letters. filler.
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#9 Posted: 01:46:20 07/09/2014
So...anyone ordered one yet? I've been considering it...what's the worst that can happen? You file a complaint with PayPal and get your money back.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#10 Posted: 02:10:19 07/09/2014
I messaged and he said he had no idea if it was flocked or fuzzy. He said it's just a picture. It's really not going to be the flocked one...imo.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#11 Posted: 05:53:43 07/09/2014
I did order one and left a note stating that if it was not like the picture, that I wanted a refund.
They replied saying that it was already shipped and they sent me a link that had a Pre-Postage label to use to send back.
If it is the regular Spring Time Trigger Happy I will be sending it back for a full refund, otherwise my gamble paid off.
I will keep you posted. Suppose to receive it between the 9th-22nd.
#12 Posted: 07:54:41 07/09/2014 | Topic Creator
way to guinea pig, dinoah!! good luck!

The thing that entices me is the extra "s" added to the listing...... "Skylanders S Spring Time Trigger (2014)". As in "Special"......of course this is just me postulating what it may be, but why even place it on the listing if its just Springtime Trigger Happy?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:05:04 07/09/2014 by YerMomsFaceHere
JeffRand Yellow Sparx Gems: 1974
#13 Posted: 23:26:12 12/09/2014
Okay, I took the gamble and lost. smilie

I received a Springtime Trigger Happy, but he is not flocked. Also, the package has some damage. It looks like there was a sticker of some sort on the package and someone ripped it off, causing a good portion of the label to be removed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:19 12/09/2014 by JeffRand
#14 Posted: 04:23:06 13/09/2014 | Topic Creator
that sucks Jeff. Gohastings does have a decent return policy.....at least you have other beefs, other than it not being item pictured. Should be a no brainer to return if you go that route.
---
#15 Posted: 02:52:56 14/09/2014
Mine came and gone, back to Gohastings.
No harm no foul.
#16 Posted: 11:33:49 14/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Well...at least we all know 100% sure now..........Thanks Jeff/Dinoah

P.s. more balls and cash than I do......and others.....thanks again.
---
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#17 Posted: 19:53:01 14/09/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
Well...at least we all know 100% sure now..........Thanks Jeff/Dinoah

P.s. more balls and cash than I do......and others.....thanks again.

How do you figure "more balls"? This was so obviously not going to be the flocked version. It wasn't even worth wasting time ordering one in hopes of getting a flocked version.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
#18 Posted: 20:39:07 14/09/2014
If you wanted to try...that is everyone's individual decision. Based on the response I got from seller and posted the info here. ...I didn't think there was any chance it was flocked. But...like I said...we can all make our own decisions. smilie
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#19 Posted: 02:43:44 15/09/2014
The way I see it, it was worth it. If it doesn't work out (Obviously it didn't), I have nothing to loose since I get a FULL refund. However, if it did work, you all would be... should've, could've, would've and probable be too late since they are very few of them. Too each his own.
I have no regrets for trying, and glad I could provide you all with accurate info.
#20 Posted: 11:59:30 15/09/2014
You are exactly right dinoah--it didn't cost anything and you felt it was worth a shot. Yes if it worked out people would be rushing to order. For me after messaging with him I didn't think there was a chance. But certainly you never know until it's tried. I would have kicked myself if it would have worked. smilie
Wish it had worked for you. smilie
---
#21 Posted: 02:11:51 16/09/2014
Thanks Shelly
me too.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me