Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Looking for work sucks... [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 06:25:59 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm a full time student trying to find work around campus (no car, rely on the bus which never comes - hence, why I am looking for work close to campus and where I live) and DAMN does it suck. I've been applying all summer, and I never got one call back. My availability isn't strict at all, either (taking morning classes)...

Currently applying for Target. I need the income for when I proceed to transfer to Oregon State University. Anyone else having issues looking for work?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:24:29 31/08/2014 by zer0dch
#2 Posted: 07:17:04 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crookshanks
If "looking for work sucks" move back in with your parents.

It'll make you feel special.

Christ, what is your deal with me recently?

I'm currently living at home going to community college to save money. There seems to be no jobs around here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:20:26 31/08/2014 by zer0dch
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#3 Posted: 07:19:35 31/08/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
If "looking for work sucks" move back in with your parents.

It'll make you feel special.

Yikes the guy is going to College, while the economy sucks. Cut the guy some slack for even bothering to look for a job.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#4 Posted: 08:01:44 31/08/2014
oh man i also want to get a job to help my mom out with some things and other stuff but because of my age and other factors its such a ***** to get one
curse you reshiramforever and your cool job
#5 Posted: 08:06:06 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: arceustheprime
oh man i also want to get a job to help my mom out with some things and other stuff but because of my age and other factors its such a ***** to get one

How old are you? I thought you were at least eighteen. Yeah, one of the main reasons I wanted to get a job was not only to cure my boredom and save some money, but to help out my Mom. She's getting old and weak, sadly.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#6 Posted: 08:08:35 31/08/2014

m8 : (
---
self professed austGAYlian
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#7 Posted: 08:30:41 31/08/2014
Quote: zer0dch

How old are you? I thought you were at least eighteen. Yeah, one of the main reasons I wanted to get a job was not only to cure my boredom and save some money, but to help out my Mom. She's getting old and weak, sadly.

nah im only 14 but yeah, my mom has a mental disorder so i want to support her more as soon as i can.
man its always sad seeing your parents get old, i wish you luck
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#8 Posted: 09:40:32 31/08/2014
Life sucks, what do you expect? smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#9 Posted: 09:53:58 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator

nah im only 14 but yeah, my mom has a mental disorder so i want to support her more as soon as i can.
man its always sad seeing your parents get old, i wish you luck

Yeah, it's a shame when you're only twenty and your dad and mom are both sixty. Augh.

Good luck to you, too.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#10 Posted: 10:49:52 31/08/2014
Try getting a job that relates to what you're currently studying. An employer may look more favorably at your application because your course is assisting you in keeping up to date on techniques and information in your profession.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#11 Posted: 12:25:46 31/08/2014
I heard tutoring pays really well in college?
#12 Posted: 13:02:52 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Try getting a job that relates to what you're currently studying. An employer may look more favorably at your application because your course is assisting you in keeping up to date on techniques and information in your profession.

Yeah, I wish. I would try an internship for a physics program but unfortunately I don't have the experience just yet (second year). Not to mention a lot of the places who would have internships or jobs for my program are far downtown and I don't see how I would be able to go to school and do that :c
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#13 Posted: 13:25:13 31/08/2014
I'm gonna try to get an on-campus job next year.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#14 Posted: 15:16:05 31/08/2014
i feel you, i have been applying all summer (and way earlier) and got only one interview. didn't hear back after it either
#15 Posted: 01:42:00 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Big Green
i feel you, i have been applying all summer (and way earlier) and got only one interview. didn't hear back after it either

Darn, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things look up for you! I've been thinking of applying at the AT&T and Verizon near me, but I don't hear great things besides the pay. It's also worth mentioning that I absolutely detest AT&T and switched to T-Mobile because of them.

A job is a job, though. I also applied at the Barnes & Noble's near my school. Hope to hear back. :/
#16 Posted: 01:43:15 02/09/2014

Darn, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things look up for you! I've been thinking of applying at the AT&T and Verizon near me, but I don't hear great things besides the pay. It's also worth mentioning that I absolutely detest AT&T and switched to T-Mobile because of them.

A job is a job, though. I also applied at the Barnes & Noble's near my school. Hope to hear back. :/

Take that job if you can!
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#17 Posted: 01:44:47 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon

Why do you say that? They're closing a lot of stores, even though this is quite a popular one with a Starbucks inside of it (I also absolutely love Starbucks...applied for four of them and no call). So far I have applied at: Target, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble's, and I think I'm going to try a few more today. I really need a job for when school starts. :/
#18 Posted: 01:45:43 02/09/2014

Why do you say that? They're closing a lot of stores, even though this is quite a popular one with a Starbucks inside of it (I also absolutely love Starbucks...applied for four of them and no call). So far I have applied at: Target, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble's, and I think I'm going to try a few more today. I really need a job for when school starts. :/

Because... Barnes & Noble's... <3
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#19 Posted: 01:46:29 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator

I actually had to turn in my Resume online. I think I did a pretty great job on it, haha.
#20 Posted: 01:47:14 02/09/2014

I actually had to turn in my Resume online. I think I did a pretty great job on it, haha.

Yay, that's good smilie
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#21 Posted: 01:50:11 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator

Yay, that's good ^^

Thanks!

I have two years of retail and customer service experience, so I sure hope I at least get a call back from somewhere.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#22 Posted: 01:50:27 02/09/2014
Job hunting sucks!
Good luck!
#23 Posted: 01:55:06 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wspyro
Job hunting sucks!
Good luck!

Thank you. Good luck to you too.
#24 Posted: 00:17:48 10/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Update:

This blows. I got denied from Target, Barnes, and Best Buy because of my availability (full time student). Augh, while my brother who has the same schedule as I do had gotten three interviews, and now a job.

FML
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#25 Posted: 00:20:53 10/09/2014
If you live near a Costco, BJs, or other bulk warehouse store, apply there. They pay very well (at least Costco does), hire several workers, and I'm pretty certain a fair few employees they hire are college students.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me