Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Wings of Fire - The Personality Shift
Page 1 of 1
Wings of Fire - The Personality Shift [CLOSED]
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#1 Posted: 21:11:13 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
(Well folks, here comes a story straight from fanfiction.net, I have a couple of things to tell you all. First off, I personally didn't agree with Clay stuck with a limp and Starflight being pernamently blind, so i've fixed that up here. Also all I own is the plot and my OC('s). Well enjoy. oh, also, spoliers ahead if you haven't read WOF TBN; book five of the series.)

Prologue- aftermath

It was a peaceful day in Pyrrhia, just about five weeks after the Dragonets of Destiny saved the world from the war started by the Sandwing sisters. Sunny, Clay, Glory, Starflight, and Tsunami were now heroes and were making plans for the first ever inter-tribe school. However, as one purple scaled dragon was thinking, peace wouldn't last long. He looked like any other normal dragon on Pyrrhia except for that fact he was completely purple from head to tail, and two gray-yellow horns were on top of his head. He was pacing on gray rocky ground, as there was once an active volcano there. He knew that the volcano could still be active, but he wasn't worried, for that he had magical powers.

"So this is pyrrhia, well I wonder what mischief and chaos I can dig up."

After that thought, pictures appeared in front of his snout. He looked at the hovering images; there were five of them, each one showing a different dragon. A female Sandwing, but minus the barbed tail, the normal size of dragons her age, and a couple of other features. She was with an adult Sandwing in a palace within the desert. Another picture showed him a brown dragon sitting in mud with five other Mudwings, and the brown dragon looked over to see a red and gold female Skywing walking over to him but avoiding touching anyone. The purple dragon looked at the third picture; it was of a bunch of Seawings on an island, scorched by battle. There were at least a dozen dragons there, and they looked like they were debating about something. The fourth picture showed a Rainwing sitting on a platform talking to a black Nightwing, they were obviously together. The purple dragon chuckled as he looked at the last picture; it was in the rainforest just like with the previous one, but this one showed a group of Nightwings, one of which had bandages on his face, preventing him from seeing.

"Oh yeah, this is so going to be fun." The purple dragon chuckled evilly, "And all I have to do is wait for them to fall asleep."

Meanwhile, in the mud kingdom, Clay was enjoying a day with his brothers and sisters, telling them about all of his adventures.

"Wow, so you guys want to build a school In Jade Mountain, I'm so going once it's finished." Umber said after hearing Clay's finale part of his tale.

At that time, a Skywing was walking over to the group of siblings, "Hey Clay, how's your leg doing?"

"Peril, it's nice you to meet you, here of all places. Well my leg is doing fine, thanks for removing the poison." Clay called out as Peril cautiously walked over to the Mudwings.

"Well, it's not like Ruby will let me come back, despite saving one of the world's hero's. Sometimes I wish Scarlet was back on the throne, at least she kept me around." Peril sighed.

"I dunno, she isn't the best queen around, after all, it's thanks to her that we didn't get reinforcements and lost Crane." Reed said sadly, remembering the battle where Crane died.

"You've got that right, at least Ruby has given us some post-war support, where as Scarlet might be fiddling her talons around as she forces more dragons to kill each other in her arena." Marsh said then.

"I guess so, well Peril what would you think about joining our school in Jade Mountain? Maybe you could help with battle training, not that we'll need it anymore." Clay asked Peril, but then, to ruin the moment, his stomach rumbled.

Peril laughed, "Clay, your stomach just won't give you a break, wont it? Hmm well I don't know about the school, I'm trying to become as less of a fighter as needed. Thanks to you, I've realized that I don't have to always be a fighter, but I guess I could give it a try."

At the same time as their conversation, another one was in full swing, but this one was more of a debate.

"And that's why no matter what you will do, I will still accept Riptide. He may be good at keeping secrets and a traitor of sorts, but he's better than anyone else I've met here." Tsunami was telling her mother, Queen Coral, of why she would rather be Riptide's mate than any other Seawing.

"Well I don't know whether to punish you or praise you." Coral growled as her thick tail swept the ash-covered ground of the ruins of the Summer palace.

"I say we get rid of her, if it weren't for her, this place would still be standing." Shark said, staring at Tsunami.

Tsunami's gills flared, "Haven't you listened to the story, I thought I told you of how Crocodile followed Webs here, if it's anyone's fault, it's hers."

"Which is a very good reason to kill Webs, if you would just bring him here." Coral growled and looked up into the sky for any dragons flying overhead.

"Mother, you know Webs didn't know he was being followed." Anemone protested.

"Perhaps, but hmm, arrg! Just why do things have to be complicated?" Coral roared in frustration as she recalled Starflight's revelation that Webs indirectly saved Tsunami's egg.

"Anyhow, would you know of where Whirlpool has been for the last six months or so?" Moray asked curiously.

Tsunami and Anemone exchanged glances, both knowing where this was going.

"Yeah, the only reason we are out here is because you still haven't finished learning Aquatic." Shark growled.

"Whirlpool was not a good teacher, that's just one of the things making Riptide better." Tsunami replied with disgust to Shark.

"The question remains the same, what do you know about Whirlpool's disappearance?" Coral asked.

At that time, Urchin flew over to the group of dragons, mostly the council, and they all noticed several blue and green dragons carrying a Seawing out of the remains of the prison.

"By the moons, it's Whirlpool, but how did he die?" Pearl gasped as the body of Whirlpool was set down on the ground.

"Yes, in the prisons, what do you have to say for yourself Tsunami?" Coral questioned slowly.

"Well, alright, you see, Whirlpool was the one who tried to kill me before we went over to the royal hatchery. And well, he told us that it was because he didn't want to marry me, which I didn't want to marry him either." Tsunami said as she turned her head up in contempt, "We found out thanks to Anemone's powers."

"So, how did he die?" Moray asked.

Tsunami looked at Anemone, and the younger dragonet nodded, "Well that would also be because of me." Anemone replied, "You see, after Whirlpool revealed his plan, I took the spear I used to get him in the prison caves and smacked him with it. I tried to stop him from falling into the moat but I was too late as the eels gave off their electric shock."

All of the council looked at Anemone in surprise, including the Queen, "Anemone, I don't believe it, but why would you do it?"

"I had to try and stop Whirlpool before could use me, also there was the fact that Tsunami promised to protect me, I had to help her be able to keep that promise." Anemone glared up at her mother.

Coral looked relieved, "At least I know you are safe, if only we could have stopped Marble Orca before it smashed your sisters' eggs." She clutched Auklet in her talons as she sighed.

(I may update daily)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:33 28/08/2014 by theuone
#2 Posted: 16:54:35 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile, in the desert, Thorn was listening to Sunny talk about her adventures, "So you convinced the scavengers to find some of the treasure, wow, I wouldn't have thought of doing that."

"Yeah, it was kind of tricky convincing them to do it; I had to kidnap Hollar for the other one to understand." Sunny explained.

Thorn sighed and the Eye of Onyx bumped with her moonstone necklace, "If only Stonemover would have just kept on trying to contact me. That fool is so going to get it once we cross paths." She then took a bite out of a lizard that was scurrying on the sandy floor.

"He did seem rather depressed, with all of his sighing and not moving. Well we might see more of him once we open the Jade Mountain School." Sunny said hopefully.

"Perhaps, well," Thorn began thinking to herself, looking for something to do, "oh Smolder!"

Smolder turned from the hallway and entered the room with the scavenger Flower perched on his shoulder, "You called?" He asked, bowing.

Thorn chuckled, "You know you don't need to bow to me, just because I'm the queen doesn't mean I need to be treated as one. Anyway, how is the library doing? You get all of the scrolls and other notes organized yet?" Thorn remembered the mess that room was in during Burn's occupation of the palace.

"Yup, I just finished today. Say, would you happen to have seen Blaze lately? I can't find her anywhere." Smolder asked, wondering where his only living sibling was.

Thorn shook her wings out of the fact she had been sitting down for a good while, "Have you checked her room, or maybe a pool. I'm sure she's probably admiring herself."

"Ahh yes, I forgot about that. Well, have fun, in the sun. You look like you need it." Smolder said laughing as he left the room.

"He certainly loves a good laugh, and he is right. We need to get some sun, I've been telling you about my adventures all day." Sunny commented as she stretched her wings and tail.

In the rainforest, Glory was sitting on a platform with Deathbringer. She had gotten used to his presence in the last half-dozen weeks that was in between the eruption of the Nightwing volcano and right now.

"So, how about a mango for my dear Queen?" Deathbringer said seducingly.

"If you do so much as one thing wrong, you know I'm going to kick your tail back to the island, and then I'll get Clay to put a boulder in the way so you can't come back." Glory replied smugly but her scales turned a shade of yellow.

"And that's why I haven't killed you yet; you're just too good of a queen to be gone with. You know, I've been thinking, why don't we find our own little place of our own; away from assassination attempts, and annoying dragons. Speaking of such, I know you're there Jambu." Deathbringer said as a male Rainwing came into view, scales turning pink.

"Ahh my little sister, falling in love." Jambu said, happily.

Glory sighed, "Jambu, you really know how to ruin a moment don't you. Well, how has Kinkajou been, you know if her wings have healed yet?"

"Well I haven't checked the healer's hut so, yeah I don't know; want me to?" Jambu replied.

"Yes, and while you're at it, why don't you see if Webs is doing okay, I haven't seen him around much." Glory replied. Jambu nodded and flew off, scales keeping the color pink.

"Ahh, so you care about the Seawing who never helped you, you're so nice." Deathbringer teased.

"Oh shut it, why don't you go find me a mango, like you asked." Glory scowled.

On the other side of the rainforest, the Nightwing camp was bustiling. Today, Starflight was told he could take off his bandages. So as he poked a talon underneath them, and pulled, he soon blinked as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"Starflight, you can see again! I just knew it." Fatespeaker gleefully cheered, and several others did too. That included Fierceteeth, whom was brought back to the rainforest along side Strongwings shortly after Thorn became queen. Although she was happy to be out of the desert, she wasn't so happy to not be in the Rainwing village.

"Of course you did, you know that we don't have powers right?" Starflight said smiling.

"That may not be fully true, you remember what Sunny said Stonemover said, you know, that it was like centuries since one has had a power. Maybe I actually do have visions." Fatespeaker replied, feeling insulted. She then noticed Starflight looked rather sad, "You alright?"

"Well, I just wish Sunny was here, she would make today even better." Starflight said glumly.

Fatespeaker remembered something Starflight told her, that Sunny approved of her and Starflight, He's probably still torn, having to choose between us. But if she could make Starflight happy, then things might get better with him.

"You know, you ought to cheer up, after all, your eyes are healed. You should be ecstatic, come on, lets go do something. Maybe we could go to Queen Glory, or to the sand kingdom, I heard Sunny is there." Fatespeaker tried to think of something to cheer him up, but only after she said Sunny's name did he lift his head up. She let her tail kick up some dirt thanks to some disappointment.

"Really, Sunny's in the sand kingdom, she's going to be so happy." Starflight said with a glimmer in his eyes.

Fatespeaker sighed, well if it was going to make him happy, "Hmm I think we should wait for tommarrow, she might go to sleep soon." She said as she noticed a little bit of one of Pyrrhia's moons in the sky.

So after a couple hours, two of the moons were rising in the horizon, "Alright, time to work my magic." The mysterious purple dragon chuckled.

(on Tuesday, part of chapter 1, this is prologue)
---
#3 Posted: 21:16:00 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 1- strange changes

"Magiah."

Fatespeaker woke with a jolt, she had just come out of a dream where she was in a white room, staring at a dragon with purple scales and yellow horns. His eyes were red and he grinned maleviontly. The weirdest part was that Sunny, Starflight, Clay, Glory, and Tsunami were upside-down on platforms. Dismissing it quickly, she went to go check on Starflight, whom fell asleep during the night to wake up sooner, or so his logic said. Walking over to the sleeping Nightwing, she poked him with a talon.

Groggily, Starflight lifted his long neck up, "Oh hey Fatespeaker, how have you been?"

"Uhh, okay. I thought you'd want to go meet with Sunny soon." Fatespeaker replied. She felt like something was different, but she couldn't get a talon around whatever it was.

"Oh, Sunny, right." Starflight got up and stretched his wings, "You know. I'm thinking of not going, there might be things to do around here. At least my eyes are working fine."

Starflight not going to Sunny? Fatespeaker was completely puzzled, "Starflight, are you alright, you seem different?"

"Really? I don't feel like I've changed." Starflight replied, puzzled.

"Well, I think I'll see you later, I think I'm going to go hunt something." Fatespeaker said, but in her mind, she knew that Starflight was different somehow. She flapped her wings and headed off into the canopy. Dodging various branches and animals, she reached the canopy, something has to have happened while we were asleep, maybe Glory could help, and she's the closest. She headed off to the village, but collided with a Rainwing; she recognized him, his name was Coconut.

"Uh you know you're leaving the Nightwing camp right?" Coconut stated.

"Yes, but I have to talk to Glory, I'm a friend of Starflight." Fatespeaker replied.

"Well if the queen knows you, okay but can you tell her I'm going to go get my sun time early?" Coconut asked.

"Sure, sure, bye." Fatespeaker said hurriedly, she had to see if something was wrong. She continued flying to the village, worried for Starflight. Then she narrowly dodged a sleep dart, silently she growled at how simple minded the Rainwings could be, but at least they were nice here and there. Fatespeaker sighed, at least Glory and the others were getting the tribes to get along, expectually after eighteen years of fighting, twenty if you counted the years since Oasis died.

Then she collided with a dragon, "Hey, watch where you're flying." Fatespeaker recognized the dragon as she gasped.

Deathbringer stretched his wings as he woke up from a peaceful slumber, he and Glory spent the previous day teasing and annoying each other, but he knew that love was in the air the whole time. So as he looked right next to him, he noticed Glory was still sleeping.

"Hey Glory, still sleeping? I thought you wanted to not be lazy, it's not even midday yet?" Deathbringer nudged Glory with a claw.

Glory mumbled, "Let me sleep longer."

Deathbringer frowned, "Good grief Glory, get going." Then he silently chuckled for saying five words starting with g, "Come on, you don't want to be a lazy dragon do you?"

"Alright then, if you insist." Glory stretched her long neck, wings and tail as she got up.

"You alright, cause you don't seem like yourself." Deathbringer said, waiting for some sarcastic or snide remark.

He didn't get any though, "I'm just so tired, mind getting me a fruit." That was Glory's reply.

"Alright, who are you and what have you done with Glory?" He demanded, knowing Glory long enough to know she wasn't the type to be lazy.

"But I am Glory, remember, I was disguised as an Icewing when we first met. Also there was the time I brook you out of the Nightwing prison." Glory replied, starting to nod off.

Deathbringer grumbled, those events did happen, but he still knew Glory was acting oddly. He tried to think of something; somehow he would get Glory to wake up completely. Then he decided to do something that would hurt.

"Ow, why did you stomp on my tail, what have I done to you?" Glory bolted up, the look on her face showing hurt.

Deathbringer was shocked, this wasn't the Glory he fell in love with, "Er, I think I will see you later." In his mind, he knew he needed to get some help. Flapping his wings, he went looking for someone that could help. He soon came across Grandeur, the last true Rainwing queen before Glory.

"Deathbringer, what are you doing around here, aren't you usually Glory?" Grandeur demanded.

"That's the problem; she hasn't been herself since she woke up." Deathbringer told the former queen.

"How so?" She asked.

"Well, basicly she's been acting like most of your tribe has been before she showed up. In other words, she's being lazy." He explained.

Grandeur uncurled her tail as her scales turned green, "That is a problem, Glory is the reason we are getting more attention, if she is acting lazy, then so will most of the tribe. Do you need me to do anything?"

"Yeah, I need you to fill in for Glory, you know, act like the queen. I need to find Clay and the others; maybe they will have a clue about what to do." Deathbringer instructed.

"You can count on me; our tribe won't fall into laziness again." Grandeur promised.

Deathbringer took to the sky again; he thought to check the Nightwing camp first, since it was the closest. Rushing, he flew as fast as he could, however he soon collided with another dragon.
---
#4 Posted: 21:10:54 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Back in the swamps, Peril was getting ready to talk to Clay again; he and his siblings were doing well together. She was careful not to touch anyone as she walked around, looking for the Mudwings.

Then she heard some commotion coming from somewhere close, "What do you mean "You're not worried" you are supposed to be their bigwings also, you know." Peril recognized the voice to be Reed's.

"What's going on here?" Peril demanded as she noticed Clay with an expression of contempt, which was not something he showed.

"Clay, he's not acting normal." Umber explained.

"Clay, are you alright?" Peril asked.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be." Clay snapped.

Peril took a step back, Clay never snapped at anyone. "Alright, what have you done with Clay? Because you are not acting like him." She demanded, her talons scorching the ground.

"That may be but I'm still Clay, haven't you heard of mood swings? You know, sudden changes in someone's mood and personality." Clay informed them.

Now he was giving facts, Peril was completely surprised. On the inside, she was furious, so she flapped her wings and headed away from the Mudwings. What's going on here, that is not Clay. I just know it. Peril's tail slapped some mud, and a small fire brook out. And my day gets worse, she growled to herself.

"Don't worry; I know how to handle this." Peril turned around to see Reed flying in her direction.

"Why did you come after me?" Peril asked, annoyed.

Reed put out the fire and then answered, "Well, you are obviously Clay's love interest, and he needs you. I do agree, something has changed in him, and its nothing normal. That I'm sure about."

"So what do you think I should do, if you think there is something I can do?" Peril asked.

"Well, I guess you should talk to the other Dragonets of Destiny, they might be able to help." Reed replied.

"You still use that phrase? Well I guess I should do that." Peril said skeptically.

"Well, we'll try to keep Clay in line until you come back, good luck." Reed said encouragingly.

Peril flapped her wings as she decided to where to go, she soon decided on the Bay of a Thousand Scales, where Tsunami was and it was the closest.

At full Skywing speed, she rocketed towards the kingdom of the sea, hoping to find out what was going on. Okay, this is a mystery, what should I do first? Clues, yeah there aren't any; when it began, that would be since last night. Other than that, I've got nothing. Peril thought to herself. She soon found herself among the sea kingdom's island, and then she started looking for the ruins of the Summer Palace. She easily found the island, thanks to the fact it was scorched to be black, a rather easy thing to find given the color of the rest of the sea.

She soon came across a sky-blue Seawing, "Hey, what are you doing here?" The Seawing asked.

"I need to talk to Tsunami." Peril replied, and the Seawing sighed in response.

Earlier that day, Riptide was swimming around, looking to talk to Tsunami. He instead came across Piranha.

"What do you want Riptide?" Piranha flashed with her stripes.

"I wish to talk to Tsunami." Riptide tried to seem as brave as possible.

Piranha's eyes narrowed, "She hasn't been well, try again another day."

"What do you mean?" Riptide's heart skipped a beat, if something happened to her, he'd never forgive himself.

"She seems to become more subdued, Her Majesty wants Tsunami as isolated as possible." Piranha flashed emotionlessly.

"Then I have to go see Queen Coral." Riptide flashed and started to swim to the Deep Palace.

"No you don't, you still aren't permitted to enter the palace." Piranha stopped him.

"But if Tsunami isn't well, then I must go see her." Riptide pleaded.

Piranha frowned, "Then expect your death, you still aren't trusted." She let him go, and then Riptide continued swimming down to palace.

He made his way through the Deep Palace, and searched for Coral and her daughters. He hoped that he wouldn't come across Shark, or else he would likely be killed; without him ever flashing one word. He soon found Coral's room, and luckily, she was in there, reading a scroll to Auklet, Anemone, and Tsunami.

He waited for her to finish before entering, "Your Majesty," Riptide bowed as he flashed, "I've heard Tsunami isn't well, I want to speak to her."

Coral glared at him, "You are lucky that the only reason you are here today is that she loves you."

The look Tsunami gave him was one of submission. "When did this start?" Riptide flashed.

"Since she woke up, she's been acting less brave." Anemone flashed.

Coral looked from Riptide to Tsunami and back again, "Hmm, if you want to gain my trust, find out why this is happening, or else I don't want to see you again."

Her command was clear to Riptide, "I won't fail you, Your Majesty, for Tsunami's sake." He then flashed to Tsunami, "I will protect you, squid-brain." He smiled as Tsunami flashed back to him the same thing.

Riptide swam out of the Deep Palace, heading back out to the surface. He noticed a Skywing flying over to the Summer Palace ruins, her eyes blazing like blue fires, and he headed to intercept her.
---
#5 Posted: 13:43:41 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Back in the desert, Thorn woke up from a peaceful rest; she spent the previous day enjoying Sunny's company, and listened to her stories. Looking around, she noticed that Sunny was still sleeping, however Sunny looked uncomfortable for some reason.

Thorn decided to take a chance and wake up her daughter, "Sunny, wake up."

Sunny bolted up, panting. "Bad dream?" Thorn guessed.

"Yes, now mind if I get some alone time?" Sunny said sourly.

Thorn was intrigued, it must have been a nightmare if Sunny was upset, "Alright, you know you can call me if you need me." She flapped her wings as she headed off to assess how the palace was doing.

Soon she encountered Six-Claws, whom she put in charge of the Sandwing army, "How is everything going, any trouble?"

"Nope, everything is alright, Queen Glacier has informed us that her soldiers have been able to finally settle down after all the fighting there has been." Six-Claws reported.

"Ahh, that's good. I suppose that means I'm doing things right." Thorn was relieved that things were going smoothly after Sunny and her friends chose her to be the new Sandwing queen.

"Uhhm, did you know that Sunny woke up sometime last night?" Six-Claws asked.

"What!? And she didn't tell me? What happened?" Thorn asked, shocked.

"Well sometime past midnight she woke up and went out for a flight; I went after her and when I confronted her, she was clearly shaken, as if something scared her. When I asked what was wrong, she growled at me and said everything was alright." Six-Claws explained.

"That doesn't seem like something Sunny would say or do at all; I have to get back to her." Thorn replied and quickly flew back to the palace throne room.

When she entered the room, she saw Sunny lying down, tail draped over her snout, "Sunny," the dragonet looked up, "Why didn't you tell me you had a bad night; I am your mother after all." Thorn asked, worried.

"It's nothing you should be worried about; it's just a bad dream." Sunny answered, rather rudely.

"Sunny, what's gotten into you, you're not acting like yourself." Thorn was speechless from Sunny's peculiar behavior.

"Sunny," Thorn growled, the Eye of Onyx creating small sparks of purple electricity, "Now tell me what happened to you?"

"Nothing has happened, now just leave me alone." Sunny growled, turning her head away from her mother in disrespect.

Thorn was outraged, "Sunny, I don't know what's gotten into you but I don't want any trouble from you while I am out." She commanded, thinking that she should go get Glory and the others.

"Alright, take your time, I'm not going anywhere." Sunny flicked her tail.

Thorn frowned but said nothing else. Then, flapping her wings, she took off, heading to the rainforest. She was passing Scorpion Den as she noticed something black half-buried in a sand dune. Diving, she landed next to it; which looked like a black mirror. It also looked unweathered from being in the sand; as if it kept the sand from scratching it. I feel like I should take it, Thorn thought it looked like she should recognize it. Picking it up in her talons, she continued flying towards to rainforest.

(So does anyone have anything they would like to say for a review, cause I would like one. Well I think we can all tell who that name belongs to, it may not be a mystery to us but it is to Pyrrhia's population; also it seems that the changes were severe for their personalities.)
---
#6 Posted: 20:27:01 06/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2 – connections

Deathbringer found himself crashing into Fatespeaker, "Hey, watch where you're flying." He grumbled as the two of them hit the ground

Fatespeaker gasped, "Deathbringer, why are you flying this way?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Deathbringer started to pick himself up.

"Well it's because something has happened, Starflight is acting strange." Fatespeaker explained.

Deathbringer was shocked into silence for a minute; putting a talon to his chin he thought about what she said, "I guess he's not the only one, Glory too, has changed.

"Wait what? Are you kidding? Is her personality what changed?" Fatespeaker asked, startled.

"Yeah, don't tell me, Starflight too seems to have a different personality, am I right?" Deathbringer guessed.

Fatespeaker's wings drooped, "Exactly, but how could this happen?"

Deathbringer took a step back in surprise, "I have no idea, not even animus dragons could do this, well as far as I know. They must be playing a prank on us; I wouldn't put it past Glory to do that. They must have talked about it last night; I bet she used a dreamvisitor."

Fatespeaker gasped at his theory, "But Starflight wouldn't do something like that, no way, no how."

"Well it's the best I've got, do you have better?" Deathbringer said skeptically.

"I don't know, what did Glory act like?" Fatspeaker asked, wondering how she changed in relation to Starflight.

Deathbringer breathed in, "Well ever since she woke up, she's been acting lazy, and not so fierce."

"That does sound like the opposite of her; like with Starflight. He acted like he didn't care about Sunny, also he didn't once give a fact about something. I just know something has happened to him." Fatespeaker observed. She breathed a small plume of fire as she thought about what was going on.

"I think they're all pulling a prank, after all, just how do you suspect they could have their personalities changed. There's just no way that could happen." Deathbringer dug his claws into the moist ground beneath him in frustration.

"Well I just don't know, I'm not getting any visions." Fatespeaker sighed.

"You really believe you do have visions don't you? Well even if you did, I don't know how they could help." Deathbringer said, amused at her stubborn belief.

"Of course I have visions, no one believes me though," Fatespeaker frowned at him, "if only I could discover what is going on."

Deathbringer felt a twinge of pity for her, it wasn't everyday you were doubted by everyone you know, "So now what should we do? I mean should we just go back to the village or should we go and try to find the others?"

"Well if we went searching for the others, we might end up missing them; after all they could be coming this way. However, I don't feel I can face Starflight as he is." Fatespeaker mulled over the choices.

"How about we just wait out here, maybe someone will be coming our way in a few day's time." Deathbringer suggested.

Meanwhile, Riptide sighed, "I'm sorry but you won't be able to talk to Tsunami." He just encountered the notorious Peril.

"How come?" Peril asked, "And you know what, I think I've heard of you before."

"Well I ought to do an introduction first. I'm Riptide, wait you were there, at the Sandwing palace, burning out the venom in Clay's leg." Riptide exclaimed.

"Yeah that was me, and I guess you already know who I am. If I remember correctly, Clay told me about you. Aren't you the Seawing that Tsunami fell in love with?" Peril replied.

Riptide looked away, sort-of embarrassed, "Is it that obvious? Well, why did you want to talk with Tsunami?"

"Oh right," Peril said, forgetting the point of coming to the sea kingdom, "you see, something's happened to Clay."

Riptide jerked his head back to look at the Skywing, "What's happened to him?"

"Well, you see, ever since this morning, Clay hasn't been acting like himself; it's as if he's an entirely new dragon." Peril explained.

"Okay, that's really weird." Riptide said, shocked at the thought that the cases of Clay and Tsunami were alike.

Peril however didn't notice what Riptide meant, "What do you mean by that, something has changed in Clay." She growled threateningly.

"Whoa, calm down. You see, Tsunami has been acting strange as well." Riptide backed up, his tail sweeping some ash and dirt.

That statement got Peril's attention, "Tsunami too?"

"Yeah, Her Majesty, Anemone and the council told me that Tsunami was acting much less fierce, and more obedient. What I did get to see of her was that she looked subdued." Riptide looked around at the ruins of the palace, reminiscing the few days he spent with Tsunami.

"By the moons, that sounds just like the opposite of her, from what I did see of her while in the sky kingdom, she was quite a fighter." Peril's look was one of surprise, and then the reality dawned on her, Clay was acting like the complete opposite of himself as well, "You know what? Clay has been acting like that too, he was much less caring and he even gave a fact about something. If anyone gives facts, it's Starflight. Clay often forgets stuff, not the other way around." Peril noticed a connection to the two dragonet's changes.

"Whoa, this is all kinds of different. How do you think this happened to them, and if its happened to them, maybe the others have been affected also." Riptide noticed.

"Well, I don't know of any animus that could do something like this. It's actually rather scary, if what happened to Clay and Tsunami, and maybe even the other three, well I don't think I'd want to know what would happen if we changed too." Peril shivered despite the smoke rising from her scales.

"Oh yeah, that is a rather scary thought. Well what do you think we should do. I think we should go to the rainforest to see Starflight and Glory, and from there, the sand kingdom, thanks to the tunnels." Riptide suggested.

"Yeah, we should. In fact, why don't we make this quicker, I'll race you there. Oh wait, I won't be able to go to the rainforest, no thanks to my curse." Peril said excited but then frowned.

"We can deal with that once we get there, but first we have to get there. All right, let's get moving." Riptide said, already flapping his wings and turning to the direction of the rainforest.

It took the duo of Riptide and Peril several days to cross through Pyrrhia, stopping only to rest and eat. They knew that something was up and that they had a clue on what was going on. Soon they came across two Nightwings resting on the ground by the border that would enter the dense rainforest. They recognized them as Deathbringer and Fatespeaker, friends of Glory and Starflight. What are they doing out here? Riptide thought to himself as they flew over to them.
---
#7 Posted: 21:12:31 08/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Thorn was flying through the desert as fast as she could, clutching the black glass in her talons. She wanted to get over to the rainforest as fast as possible, hoping someone would have an answer for Sunny's irrational behavior. She knew she could also visit Stonemover, but she did wait about seven years for a reunion, so she could wait a few more days. It was once she flew by a peak of Jade Mountain that she had a terrifying thought, what if what if happening to Sunny is of her own will? Might I have done to something to anger her? Thorn shuddered at the thought. It was a couple days later, that the new Sandwing queen arrived at the rainforest border, which looked rather empty. As she set down on the moist ground, she noticed that there was some smoke coming around a bend in the trees. Silently, she walked around and found two Nightwings lying down on the ground with a controlled fire keeping them warm. Looking up into the sky, Thorn saw a Seawing and a Skywing flying this way also. It was once those two landed that she recognized them; they were Peril, whom helped her rescue Sunny; and Riptide, whom was also at the stronghold when she became queen.

The Nightwings jumped up in surprise, Thorn then noticed them to be Deathbringer and Fatespeaker; "Hey what brings you two out here?" Riptide asked.

Deathbringer spoke up, "Well there has been some problems in the rainforest."

"What have you done now?" Peril asked humorously.

Fatespeaker looked offended, "We haven't done anything, Glory and Starflight haven't been themselves for the last couple of days."

That got Thorn's attention, so she decided to reveal herself, "Would this have to do with their personalities?"

The four other dragons jumped in surprise as the new Sandwing queen walked into view, "When did you get here, your, uh, new Majesty?" Riptide looked at her.

"Just a couple of minutes ago, and by the way, just because I'm the new Sandwing queen doesn't mean you need to call me by the title, just call me Thorn, alright?" Thorn wasn't used to be called by a title.

"Oh alright, so why are you here?" Deathbringer asked.

"Well I think we are all here for a reason, I bet you something has happened to Sunny right?" Fatespeaker guessed.

Thorn growled, "That is right, for the last few days, Sunny has been acting differently."

"Just like Tsunami and Clay." Peril assumed

"And Glory and Starflight." Deathbringer finished.

"By all of the moons, I think we have a huge problem." Thorn gasped.

"Let me get this straight, Clay, Glory, Starflight, Tsunami, and Sunny all have their personalites changed. This is so not good. Does anyone know why this has happened?" Deathbringer started pacing on the ground, "Cause the only theory I have, you probably wont agree with."

"Enlighten us." Peril commanded.

"Well the only thing that makes sense to me is that during the night before this started, they must have talked through a dreamvisitor and decided to play a joke on us. I bet Glory organized this." Deathbringer explained.

"Clay wouldn't agree to that." Peril gasped.

"That's absolutly rediculous! Sunny would never do that, the way she acted, that's just completely unlike her!" Thorn roared, her tail ready to strike.

"Um, sorry?" Deathbringer backed away from the angry Sandwing.

Thorn calmed down after a minute but her tail was still lashing the ground, "sorry about that, but Sunny would not agree to that. As a mother, it's something I have to know."

Deathbringer blinked, during Thorn's outburst she forgot she held the black glass object. "Uhh Thorn, is that what I think it is?" Without waiting for an answer, he went up to her and took it out of her talons.

"What are you doing?" Thorn growled.

"Where did you get this?" Deathbringer asked as he admired the object.

Thorn narrowed her eyes, "It was buried in a sand dune, why?"

"This is the Obsidian mirror, this can allow someone to listen in on other's conversations." Deathbringer explained.

"Fourth moon and fireballs, so that's where I recognized it from! Sunny told me about how she took that from Fierceteeth and those other two. So how did it work again?" Thorn exclamed as she remembered Sunny talking about the enchanted object.

"All you have to do is say a name and breath smoke into the mirror, lets try Sunny." Deathbringer said and breathed into it.

At that time, a gold tinted tendral of smoke came out of the Obsidian Mirror, "But I don't want to go check the treasury." That was Sunny's voice!

Another tendral appeared, this one paler, "But since Queen Thorn isnt here it should be your job." It was Six-Claws speaking, then Deathbringer cleared the mirror.

Thorn gasped, "I forgot to tell them where I was going, oh no."

"Well that certanly didn't sound like Sunny, at least in terms of what she would say." Fatespeaker observed.

"Well the Obsidian Mirror could still be useful." Riptide said thoughtfully.

Just then, some one came flying out of the trees; it was Jambu. "Uh you guys, Grandeur wanted me to give something to you." He presented the dreamvisitor that was once a part of the Sandwing treasure.

"Well, now you can tell someone where you went, as soon as they fall asleep that is." Deathbringer remarked.

"Wait a second, that's totally it! I can't believe I didn't think of it before!" Fatespeaker exclaimed with a slap to her head.

"What are you talking about?" Peril asked.

"The same morning that this all started, I had a dream. In it, there was this purple dragon, he had yellow-gray horns and his eyes were red. Also, in the backround, Starflight and the others were perched on platforms but they were upside-down." Fatespeaker remembered what she could about the dream.

"Well that dragon is probably the suspect we want. Do you remember anything else?" Thorn asked.

"Yeah, I think there was a name right before I woke up; Magiah." Fatespeaker recalled.

"Uhh, I don't know what's going on here, but if you guys are trying to fix Glory and the other four, well I want to join you." They all noticed that Jambu was still there.

"Uhh no offense, but it's not like you are very useful, Jambu." Deathbringer replied.

"Oh come on, I can be useful." Jambu's scales turned orange, "Please let me come, I am Glory's brother, so I should help take care of her."

"Oh alright, first off we should go find that dragon that lives in the Jade Mountain. Maybe they could help." Peril said.

Thorn dug her claws into the ground, this was going to be fun.
---
#8 Posted: 20:55:01 09/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3 – a reunion years in the making

Thorn was flying back to the Jade Mountain; in tow were Peril, Fatespeaker, Deathbringer, Riptide, and lastly Jambu. Silently she was growling, in part to the suggestion of Peril that they should go visit the dragon that lives there. She guessed Peril didn't know exactly just who the dragon was, so the fact that she was about to meet Stonemover after years of silence was not something she looked forward to. Thorn contemplated using the dreamvisitor on him, but she wanted to speak to Stonemover's face. During the previous night she did use it to tell Six-Claws and Smolder of the situation; their reactions were quite surprised about this mystery dragon. She looked down at the pouch hanging from her neck; it held the dreamvisitor and Obsidian Mirror. The pouch kept on bumping with her moonstone pendent and the Eye of Onyx. Thorn sighed, knowing that her reunion with Stonemover would be one for the ages.

"So what's the deal with you and this dragon?" Peril asked.

"I suppose Clay didn't tell you, huh? That dragon is Stonemover, and well, he's my partner, give or take all these years of not hearing from." Thorn explained.

"Hmm, yeah, I don't remember Clay talking about." Peril nodded.

"Years of not knowing what happened to him would certainly cause problems." Deathbringer chuckled.

"Well, it does explain Sunny's unique body." Riptide commented, "So he's an animus, huh? I do remember Tsunami talking about how he found a way to alter the curse into his scales."

Jambu's scales were a solitary rose pink during the flight, "So what is the deal about these animus dragons; what are they like?"

"Animus dragons are capable of enchanting objects to do their bidding and other things; like the dreamvisitors allow one to enter the dreams of others. However, they lose their soul each time they use more of their magic." Fatespeaker explained, sounding like Starflight.

"Uhh alright, so this Stonemover avoided losing his soul. So what does that mean?" Jambu asked, not understanding as always.

"That when we meet him, he won't want to kill us. In fact, given what I've heard about him, we won't have any problems." Fatespeaker replied.

The group of six eventually landed on some rocky ground, of which poked at their feet as they walked. While Thorn was anxious to finally meet back up with Stonemover, she wasn't going to cut him any slack for not trying to contact her harder. Riptide and the others only hoped to figure out how to undo whatever happened to Tsunami and the other four. Picking up a branch from one of the few trees, Deathbringer ignited it so it could be used as a torch.

"Why do we need a torch? After all, four of us can breathe fire." Fatespeaker asked.

"Well, who knows what we could end up burning in the darkness of the cave, and besides, a torch should be just as effective." Deathbringer explained and started walking into a tunnel.

Riptide was able to see what was inside sooner thanks to his vision while the others had to rely on fire. Walking into the tunnel, Deathbringer took the lead as he held the torch in his talons. Thorn and Jambu disliked this trek the most, thanks to the fact that their scales wanted sunlight. Keeping their wings by their sides and walking one by one, they made their way through the tunnel. Eventually, the six dragons entered a large cave, although all they saw were rocks. Riptide looked around and came across a black lump, and then lit up his tail stripes. The other five came over to see what the Seawing found.

Whispering, Fatespeaker said, "That looks like a dragon, a Nightwing to be exact."

"I think we found our guy, anyone want to wake him up?" Peril asked.

No one had to as the Nightwing opened his eyes and blinked, "What are all you dragons doing here?" He turned his head slightly and gasped, "Thorn!"

Thorn took the chance to walk up to Stonemover and slap him across the snout, "How could you just let me go on without knowing what happened to you? When I learned the volcano exploded I thought you died!"

"But, I thought you got the letter I sent and didn't want to come." Stonemover stumbed over the words he was searching for.

"You are lucky that Sunny told me about you living here. And why didn't you try to send me more letters? You shouldn't have given up on me." Thorn continued ranting, her tail lashing furiously.

Stonemover was at a loss for words, "I just, um, well you see."

"Get on with it." Thorn growled.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't come to visit you or try harder, but my curse has gotten too far. My scales are making each and every move tough. Will you accept me again?" Stonemover pleaded.

Thorn growled, "It going to take me a while for that."

"Interesting reunion and all but we still have a mystery to solve." Deathbringer interrupted.

"What do you mean? What's happened?" Stonemover said, though barely moving, the surprise was evident.

"Well some dragon has completely altered the personalities of Clay, Sunny, Tsunami, Starflight, and Glory. We think you may be able to help us out with this." Riptide explained.

"Something happened to Sunny! Can you tell me more about this?" Stonemover asked, startled that his daughter had something happen to her.

"Okay, for the last four days or so the five of them have been completely acting different. For example, Sunny has been acting more withdrawn and gets easily upset, and Glory has acted lazier and less sarcastic. In other words, they are acting completely like they have completely opposite personalities." Thorn explained.

"That doesn't sound too bad." Stonemover replied.

"Doesn't sound too bad!" Thorn repeated, "Sunny is completely different. How can that be not bad?" She was ready to lash out again at the Nightwing.

"I, uh, don't know. I was just expecting something far worse." Stonemover mumbled.

"You are so a lost cause, maybe we'll find help somewhere else." Riptide commented.

"No wait," Stonemover said suddenly, "please stay here, at least for a little while. I get so lonely nowadays."

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to spend a night here. Maybe we could figure something out." Fatepseaker mused over the idea.

"Soo, um, does anyone know about that Magiah dragon?" Jambu asked, his scales were currently a purple-orange color, indicating confusion.

"Wait a second! Fatespeaker, you saw him in your dream, couldn't you use the dreamvisitor on him? Or maybe even the Obsidian Mirror since we know his name." Peril exclaimed.

"Why didn't we think of that sooner! Of course, so which one should we use?" Deathbringer asked.

"I think the Obsidian Mirror would work best given the time." Riptide said.

"Wait, why don't we see how the dragonets have been?" Stonemover asked.
---
#9 Posted: 21:01:06 10/09/2014 | Topic Creator
"Alright, it couldn't hurt much." Thorn took out the enchanted mirror and said "Clay."

A brown tendril of smoke came from the mirror, along with a couple other tendrils, "Could you leave me alone, I think it could help for me to study." That was Clay talking.

"Oh boy, yeah Clay is so different; he's not the type to study." Fatespeaker commented.

Now Reed's voice appeared, "You know that for the last four days or so, you haven't been the same right? That's not a 'mood swing,' that's something entirely else."

"So what would that mean? Nothing to me, that is." Clay replied.

"Come on, let's leave Clay alone, it doesn't appear we are going to get anywhere with him." Reed must have been talking to their brothers.

"Okay, so next up let's do Glory." Deathbringer said.

"What about Tsunami?" Riptide asked.

"We probably can't do her, unless they are above water. Which probably won't happen now that the Summer Palace has been destroyed." Peril said.

"Glory it is then." Thorn said.

A blue tendril came out, along with a green one, "I don't want to check on the Nightwings, I'm sure they're fine." Glory was protesting to someone.

"Get off your tail Glory, you are the queen now, so you have a responsibility." Grandeur sternly demanded of her.

"Please let me be, I'm sure everything's alright." Glory was pleading, the blue tendril of smoke shrunk, as if Glory was trying to back into a corner.

"Oh Glory." Jambu's scales started to turn blue-gray, probably for the first time in his life.

"Okay, yeah, we've got to find this dragon and fix the five of them." Fatespeaker said.

"I want to see about Sunny." Thorn said as she cleared the Obsidian Mirror and breathed more smoke into it.

A golden tendril of smoke came out, followed by a sandy colored tendril, "Hey Sunny, want to go out for a flight?" The voice belonged to the messenger Sandwing Camel.

"No Camel, I'll stay here." Sunny was saying in a rather depressed way. It was obvious that whatever happened to the dragonets was very strong; it was changing their entire personality.

"You need to cheer up Sunny, you aren't acting like you did while Smolder was trying to keep you prisoner." Camel sounded to be rather worried.

"Why don't you just go away? I don't need your pity." Sunny's tendril barked out. Thorn then cleared the Obsidian Mirror.

"I've heard enough," Stonemover said after a few moments, "how can I help?"

"Well, first, let's see about this Magiah dragon." Thorn then reactivated the mirror.

A purple tendril came into view, "Hmm, oh what to do, what to do? It does seem like my spell has been working perfectly, so what should I do next? I know, I'll surprise you fools listening to me with your dear little magic mirror." Everyone jumped back at the fact that this dragon knew they were eves dropping.

"That's right. I know the seven of you can hear me. You must be completely speechless at what I can do. Allow me to say this, I'm far beyond the level of an animus, so don't think that you can predict me." Magiah declared through the mirror.

"Just who are you exactly, Magiah?" Thorn growled.

"I am not going to tell you that. However, again, my skills and powers in magic are far beyond what you can imagine. Hmm, you may deserve to know that I have come from another world." Magiah stated.

"Another world? How is that even possible?" Deathbringer asked.

Magiah laughed through the mirror, "Nothing is impossible with magic, the possibilities are endless. Things that you can hardly even imagine can become possible with someone with powers like mine."

"Why did you change our friend's personalities?" Fatespeaker asked.

"Because I can, and it was fun." Magiah simply said.

"You are a monster!" Peril exclaimed.

"Sticks and stones, missy, sticks and stones. Do yourselves a favor and go back to your friends and family, because I won't change them back. In fact, they could use your help adjusting with the changes I've made. Also, don't even think of using the dreamvisitor, it won't help you." Magiah said, making his point.

"We are going to find you, and when we do, we're going to get our friends back." Riptide growled.

"You can try, but you won't succeed." Magiah said and his tendril vanished.

"Umm, okay, that was creepy." Jambu said after a minute of silence.

"We have to find him, and then kill him, painfully." Thorn said darkly.

"Stonemover, do you think you have enough magic in you to create something? Maybe something that could search out Magiah?" Deathbringer asked.

"Um, I don't know. I guess I could try but it might be the last I could do." Stonemover replied.

"Wait, I don't want to lose you. After all, I still need to punish you for giving up on me." Thorn said.

"It might be our only lead though. Maybe you could think it over for the night, Stonemover. After all, we do need to rest." Riptide suggested.

Later that night, Riptide was preparing to use the dreamvisitor. Closing his eyes, he thought of Anemone and let the dreamvisitor send him into Anemone's dream.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself back in the Summer Palace before it got attacked, "Anemone?" He asked looking around.

"Riptide, why am I dreaming about you?" Anemone appeared behind him.

"Dreamvisitor. So how has Tsunami been?" Riptide explained and then asked.

"Well Mother has been keeping a close eye on us, so we are safe. Tsunami in particular," Anemone sighed, "well she's been really not like herself. She obey's every order and doesn't talk much, also she has gotten rather shy. Do you know why this has been happening?"

"Yeah, some dragon by the name of Magiah used some sort of magic to alter Tsunami and the other's personalites." Riptide explained.

"You mean my sister's friends, Clay, Glory, Starflight, and Sunny have been affected too? Just what kind of dragon is this Magiah?" Anemone asked, surprised.

"We don't know, just that he claims to be from another world, but he does seem to be telling the truth." Riptide shook his head, not having a full answer.

"Do you have a cure?" Anemone asked.

"No, but we plan to find him with the help of Stonemover." Riptide replied.

"That Nightwing that lives in Jade Mountain? I thought he was done for, with how much magic he did. Speaking of such, I would like to know what he knows, maybe I could find out something to help with my magic." Anemone shruddered.

"Maybe we could take care of that after we stop Magiah. Take care Anemone, and let's hope I can finally come back home." Riptide said.

"Yeah, Tsunami still talks about you, so please succeed." Anemone said. Riptide was then ejected from the dream.

(after-story notes: so were you surprised with Magiah's little trick with the mirror? Also, I found myself enjoying Thorn's reaction when Stonemover woke up.)
---
#10 Posted: 21:19:40 11/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4 – attack from the sky

Magiah was pacing around a cliff, thinking of how to make this day exciting. Maybe I could use another spell on the dragonets, or maybe their friends, they won't find me though. And even if they did, ha! They don't know who I am, so they can't even begin to comprehend my potential. Hmm, well maybe I could get some help to derail those six. Magiah looked at out to the sea to see two Skywings flying near to the cliff. Flapping his wings he lifted himself into the air, and took of after the two red dragons, but first he turned himself invisible with a spell.

"So, why do you think Her Majesty sent us out here?" The first Skywing asked.

"Well, she said that there have been reports of strange things going on around the coast. You know, no one has been out this far, maybe we found the Nightwing island?" The second Skywing said.

The first Skywing replied, "I heard that their volcano blew up about five weeks ago and now they are living with the Rainwings. Isn't that a bit ironic? Well, even if this was their island, it isn't now."

"I'll say. So did you hear about what has been going on?" The first Skywing asked, retorically.

"Not really, did you?" The second Skywing replied.

"Just a bit. Most about all kinds of oddities with the weather. Did you hear about the snow that was on the ground near the palace?" The first Skywing asked.

"That? I thought that was normal?" The second Skywing replied.

"Did you just hatch yesturday!? It was too warm for there to be snow." The first Skywing said, shocked.

"I only dismissed it. So what else have you heard happening around?" The second Skywing said nonchalantly.

Magiah took this time to undo his spell, "Well, I've heard that there is a mysterious purple dragon messing around with the locals." He said, laughing as the two Skywings nearly dropped out of the sky from his sudden appearance.

"By the moons, what or who are you?" The second Skywing gasped.

Magiah thought for a few seconds on how to answer that, "Well, I am a very powerful dragon from another world. My interests include causing mischief and chaos. Oh and as for the reason I'm telling you this, you won't have any other purpose in this world other than to serve me." Magiah said as his eyes gave off a yellow glow. The glow pierced through the minds of the two Skywing's, erasing their will and allowing them to be controlled.

"Man, that never gets old." Magiah said laughing, "Alright you two, I need you to find several dragons currently at Jade Mountain. You can kill them if you want."

The two Skywings, now hypnotized, bowed their heads as they turned to the direction of the Jade Mountian.

"They won't last long, not with Peril and Thorn and Deathbringer there." Magiah said to himself, knowing that he sent those two on a suicide mission.

"So what should I do next?" Magiah said out loud to himself, "Maybe I should mess around with one of the queens, or perhaps I could start another war, that would be fun. I've got it, I'll make a charm, one that could allow me to communicate with humans, or as these dragons call them, scavengers. Oh what fun I could make doing that."
---
#11 Posted: 17:03:46 13/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile, Peril woke up from a slumber. Looking around, she recognized that she was still in Stonemover's cave and around her was Stonemover himself, Thorn, and the others. She noticed that Stonemover, Deathbringer, and Fatespeaker were the only one's not awake, probably a Nightwing thing. Peril thought to herself.

"So should we wake them up?" Peril flicked her tail at the Nightwings.

"I guess, we do need to figure out what to do to find Magiah." Riptide said.

"So who wants to do it, because I don't." Jambu said rather calmly, probably from lack of sun time.

"Allow me." Thorn said, and then poked the three sleeping Nightwings with a talon.

"Uh is it sunrise yet?" Stonemover asked, still half-asleep.

"I think it might be past that. Now we still need to find a way to find Magiah." Riptide answered.

"Agreed, I can't stand Glory being so lazy, she always brightens my day with activity." Deathbringer said, getting dreamy-eyed.

Stonemover sighed one of his long sighs, "I don't think I have enough strength in me to do anything else."

Thorn growled, "But we can't just leave Sunny and the others as the way they are."

"I know but I don't see how I would be strong enough." Stonemover sighed again.

"You are hopeless, can't you at least try?" Fatespeaker said.

Stonemover sighed, "I guess, but it may take some time for me to make something to find that dragon."

"Well, until then, we should get something to eat." Thorn said. And so the six dragons went hunting, well give or take for Jambu, who settled on relaxing out in the sun. When they returned to the cave, much to Jambu's displeasure, they found Stonemover with his talons clutching an orange glowing stone.

"So what do we have here?" Thorn asked.

"I think this should be able to help. I've designed it so that it glows when you hold it in the direction of that Magiah dragon." Stonemover explained. However, everyone noticed how petrified his scales were now; it looked like Stonemover could hardly move a muscle. He sighed as the others inspected the look of his scales.

"Well, it looks like you won't be doing much of anything else anymore." Riptide commented.

Worry entered Thorn's eyes seeing Stonemover as he was, but she knew she couldn't let it get in the way, "Alright, we should start looking for this dragon, Magiah is going to pay." She held out Stonemover's newest creation and it glowed in the direction of the Skywing kingdom.

And so the group of six said their good-byes to Stonemover, and set out to the Skywing kingdom. It took them a couple of days to make it to the Skywing kingdom; near the Diamond Spray Delta. When they arrived, they noticed a patrol of two Skywings coming their way.

"Um hi, we are just passing through. We are here to look for someone." Fatespeaker said as the two Skywing landed.

"We can't let you go any further." The first Skywing told them.

Thorn noticed the strange monotone of his voice and that his face was void of emotion, which was uncommon, even with soldiers. But now that the war was over, they shouldn't be acting as they were. "Then I suggest you take us to Queen Ruby." Thorn growled.

"Not going to happen either." The second Skywing stated.

"And you think you can stop us? You don't have the authority." Peril threatened the two as she spread her wings like a queen, letting the heat from her scales hit the faces of the two Skywings.

However, Magiah's spell prevented the two from running away like a sensible dragon would do; they had their orders and were determined to obey. Even then, they knew what Peril was capable of, so they spread their wings and jumped over her, and went straight for Thorn. Thorn was ready for them, as she had spotted the small movements of their body and knew what they were planning. So she ducked and then slashed out at the first Skywing with her talons. Chaos then erupted as Riptide, Peril, and Deathbringer joined in to subdue the Skywings; while Jambu and Fatespeaker, whom weren't great fighters, stepped back from the fighting. Peril was cautious enough to avoid burning the others and just the Skywings as she grabbed the second one by the tail. That same Skywing slashed out at Peril dispite the burns and successfully hit her, even though his claws were almost no more. She hissed and let her fire blast him in the face. She finished him off by slashing his neck with her talons. The first Skywing wasn't in better condition as Riptide and Deathbringer struggled to keep that one down so Thorn could get an opportunity to use her tail barb. Jambu had pale green spots all around his scales as he watched the fight in horror, so Fatespeaker used a wing to cover his eyes, though she was equally horrified.

The fight was done rather quickly though and they caught their breath as the two Skywings' dead bodies lay on the ground.

"What in the three moons was that? Why did they attack us?" Thorn was seething with anger as she looked at the Skywings.

"Maybe Ruby means business when she told you never to come back." Deathbringer said to Peril.

"No, that doesn't make sense. Attacking a queen is the last thing someone would want to do right now, not with the war over." Riptide replied.

Fatespeaker and Jambu walked over to them and Fatespeaker held out Stonemover's stone, which was glowing in the direction of the Skywing palace.

"Looks like we need to go visit Ruby, come on." Thorn growled.

(after story notes- so, what do you think so far? Now we have even more of an idea of the character that is Magiah, and I've been told of the perfect word to describe him; meddling.)
---
#12 Posted: 21:55:06 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
(when I was making this chapter on Fanfiction (.net), I had needed help with some names, and so I got some, I do not own the names Firebeam and Hawk (from secret), Leo (from neo), Rust and Cardinal (from starflightthenightwing), however, I do own Peregrine (gets a glare from the Skywing), okay maybe not own, but I created her. (ducks from Peregrine's outstretched claws) "Stop, you'll bruse a scale!")

Chapter 5- trial for fire

Fatespeaker insisted the Thorn and the others to give the Skywings a proper burial despite what they did. So they did, although Thorn didn't feel they deserved it.

"So, uh, now what? If things like this are going to happen again, I think I'll be better off back in the rainforest." Jambu said sheepishly.

"I hope not, the fighting again, that is. I hope these guards acted out of Ruby's will, we don't need any more fighting." Fatespeaker replied, letting her tail sweep the ground nervously.

"That means we should go to the new queen to discuss this." Riptide said, already pointing himself in the direction of the palace.

After a brief discussion about what to say to Ruby, the six dragons flew to the Skywing Palace, hoping to get answers. Unknown to them, they were being watched by a Skywing, hidden in some shrubbery. And so the six dragons made their way to the palace, with the Skywing following them from a distance. Once they arrived at the palace, they were stopped by a couple of guards.

"Halt! State your name and business!" Ordered the first guard.

The second guard took a better look at the group and then turned to his companion, "Uh Leo, I think we are in the presence of the new Sandwing Queen."

Leo turned his head towards the second guard, "Wait, what?" He then noticed the Eye of Onyx dangling from Thorn's neck, "Oh sorry, Queen Thorn, what brings you and those others to the Skywing Kingdom?"

"We need to talk with your queen, Ruby." Thorn replied, though on her inside, she found it a tad bit humorous about the situation; just about a month ago, she was an outlaw leading outlaws, but now she was one of the seven most powerful dragons in all of Pyrhhia.

"Well, Hawk, why don't you bring them to Her Majesty?" Leo's eyes then spotted Peril among them, "Wait, what is she doing here?"

"She's with us. As a friend." Thorn replied.

"Alright, follow me." Hawk said, gesturing with a talon.

Hawk led them through the palace, and eventually into the throne room. Ruby was in there; she resembled Scarlet before Glory's attack, but with some differences.

"So we have guests, what do you want." Ruby said, noticing the group.

"We had a run-in with two of your soldiers, they tried to attack us." Thorn explained.

"Was their names Rust and Cardinal? I have been searching for them for days. They went out to patrol up north and haven't reported in since." Ruby asked curiously.

"We don't know their names but the two Skywings who attacked us, well, we had to kill them." Thorn said, almost casually.

"Come again?" Ruby growled.

"Listen, Your Majesty, we were flying this way looking for a strange dragon; this dragon, Magiah, has powerful magic, far beyond any animus. We were intercepted by those two, and we had to kill them after they attacked us." Riptide spoke up.

"It's true!" Called out a Skywing entering the throne room, this female Skywing walked into there with a slight look of disdainfulness.

"And who are you?" Ruby called out, growling.

"My name is Peregrine." Peregrine said, wiping some dirt off her scales, "I was following these six around here and saw them get attacked by two other Skywings; those two were saying that Thorn and the others couldn't come to the palace. Then they tried to kill Thorn but were stopped." Peregrine looked at the Skywing Queen with a look that said she was right.

Ruby relaxed, only slightly. "I do not know what is going on here, but we have had mysterious occurrences, I hope whoever this Magiah is at fault. If Rust and Cardinal are the ones who attacked you, did you give them a burial?"

"Yes, we did just that." Deathbringer replied.

"I told you guys so." Fatespeaker beamed triumphantly.

The Skywing queen gave the Nightwing dragonet a curious look, believing Fatespeaker had a vision. She then noticed that someone was hiding behind them. "Who's behind you?" Ruby said, ordering them to reveal who it was. Ruby gasped when the dragons moved out of the way to reveal Peril, whom was uncharacteristically hiding. "Peril? Guards!" Ruby roared.

Several Skywings rushed into the throne room. But Thorn swept her tail to keep the guards from being at the range to use their weapons. "She's with us." Thorn said.

"She can't be here; she is a danger to anyone who gets close to her." Ruby argued.

"That may be true, be she is still our friend." Fatespeaker replied. Peril perked her head up at this, still not being used to having friends.

"I still don't trust her." Ruby then seemed to think about something.

Suddenly Peril called out, "I call upon the Champion's Shield. I'm sure you remember what this means."
---
#13 Posted: 22:21:24 17/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Ruby was stunned for a second and then smiled, "So you wish to win a battle to earn your freedom. Very well, you shall have your fight."

"Peril, something isn't right, she knows you can't be touched, so why would she set you up a fight." Deathbringer thought curiously.

"A fight? Uhh, I think I am going to have sun time right now." Jambu said sheepishly and flew off out of the palace.

"Well, I'll figure it out, as I always have done." Peril said confidently, but Deathbringer's words stuck in her mind, what was Ruby planning? Peril walked outside and flapped her wings to fly down to the arena, where Ruby was waiting.

"Are you ready? Come meet your opponent." Ruby clapped her talons together, ordering the guards to bring down a prisoner.

It was a young Skywing, he wasn't much younger than Peril. "Please don't kill me; the queen doesn't like me much."

"What did you do?" Peril whispered.

"Only just pulled a prank on several of the guards, it wasn't too serious but Ruby still didn't like it. I'm Firebeam." The young Skywing answered.

"Okay Firebeam, I don't want to hurt you, but I'm trying to figure out just why Ruby allowed this." Peril whispered. Peril thought it over; this young Skywing was no match for her and Ruby didn't want Peril because she was too dangerous. So why would she grant Peril the opportunity to return by fighting a battle she couldn't lose? Then it hit her, if she killed Firebeam, then that would prove that Peril was not a safe person to be with and Ruby would have good reason to declare Peril and enemy. Ruby wanted Peril to prove herself right, so all Peril had to do was prove Ruby wrong, that she could be lived with.

"Come on already, the Skywing is all that stands between you and freedom." Ruby crowed out to Peril and the crowd.

Peril whispered to Firebeam again, "I've figured it out, all I have to do is give you mercy."

"You mean that you aren't going to kill me?" Firebeam said happily.

"Yes, but I'll will have to hurt you, but only slightly." Peril looked into the younger Skywing's red eyes with regret.

Peril dashed forward, touching Firebeam with a talon, causing him to cringe. Peril kept her attacks light so they wouldn't hurt much. After a slight display of combat, Firebeam had several scratches smoking and Firebeam was doing all he could not scream, knowing that Peril planned to end this.

"Okay, I need you to act like I'm about to hit you and then fall back. I won't actually do it but you will feel the heat from me. Just keep holding on." Peril instructed to Firebeam, and then looked up at Ruby, her expression unreadable.

Peril quickly thrust her talons forward in a punch, but stopped short, just inches from Firebeam's chest, and to everyone else, it appeared as it Peril's punch connected and Firebeam let himself fall onto his back and spread his wings out.

"Well, you have him at your mercy; finish him off if you want to return." Ruby ordered.

Peril stepped back from Firebeam and gave him a look that said thanks for holding out, "No!" Everyone else than the two gasped, Ruby more than the others.

"What are you doing Peril?" Ruby wondered if she was figured out.

"You want me to kill Firebeam here, and from that you would have proof that I couldn't be trusted. Well guess what? I've changed; I won't kill anyone if I don't have to." Peril announced at the top of her lungs.

Ruby gave off a look of surprise, "I guess you've succeeded, nicely done. You've passed my test, so now I grant you a full pardon and you can now come to the Sky Kingdom anytime you like.

Peril looked back at Firebeam, "Are you alright?"

Firebeam got back on his talons, "Yeah, thanks for figuring out for the queen was up to."

"Well, it would have cost both of our lives not to." Peril smiled slightly.

Ruby, Thorn, and the others came flying down to the arena floor, and Ruby spoke once more, "Well, good job. Find this Magiah and make sure he doesn't cause any more trouble. Rust and Cardinal were two of my most trusted friends and soldiers, so promise me you will succeed." They promised, and Ruby then let them go on their way, hoping that Magiah's plans would be stopped.

(so what did you think of my little teaser for Peregrine? I will accept any comments and/or concerns you may have about it, also lesson of the day, don't upset a dragon)
---
#14 Posted: 22:31:49 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6- on the way to the end

Magiah laughed hysterically; his plans were coming along nicely. First he changed the lives of this world's five heroes, and then he caused more mischief with the Skywings, and now, he made a deal with scavengers. In just a few days, they would attack the Mudwings, and hopefully throw that kingdom into chaos.

"And all that can be done is to stop me." Magiah laughed harder, he knew Thorn and the others were on his tail, so it was just a matter of time until they arrived at the island. He looked out to the sea from the cliff he was standing on.

Magiah stopped laughing and spoke out loud again, "So when they come, oh what fun we'll have."

Meanwhile, Clay let himself sink into the mud of his pool. With Peril gone off to who knows where, and his siblings avoiding him, he felt lonely for the first time since Scarlet captured him.

"Why did this happen to me?" Clay asked himself, but then remembered Peril's words "Alright, what have you done with Clay? Because you are not acting like him."

"What if she's right? I have changed, so how and why?" Clay thought over this for a few minutes, not sure how something like this could have happened. Just what could make him change so drastically?

Clay decided to go figure out this mystery, and his first destination would be the Seawings, given that they were the closest to him. Now that he knew what he was going to do, he stood up and walked out of the mud pool. Then he took flight and headed off towards the Seawing kingdom. The flight was without any problems and Clay quickly made it to the islands in a day's worth of time. Ignoring his protesting stomach, he searched the islands until he found the Summer Palace ruins. Clay lighted down at the charred remains of the pavilion, and sat down, waiting for someone to spot him. Just then, he noticed a shadow come from a cave, of which he recognized to be Queen Coral's sleeping cave while she was there. Soon, Clay saw that the shadow was a Seawing swimming out from the cave, and what's more was the color of the scales was unique. Being pinkish, Clay instantly knew it was Anemone.

"Anemone! It's me, Clay!" He called out as Anemone climbed out of the water.

Although Clay's shout initially scared her, she was relieved to see him, "Clay, what brings you here?" Anemone already had a few guesses as to why, but she let Clay talk anyway.

"Well, I was looking for someone; I want to talk to Tsunami." He responded.

"My sister?" Anemone sighed, "Well, good luck with that. Mother is dead-set on the thought that this dragon named Magiah would kill her if she ever left the Deep Palace. It was tough enough convincing her to let me take a little trip around the islands."

"Magiah? Who's that?" Clay was thoroughly confused, why had no one told him about this newcomer?

"From what I've heard, he's some super special dragon with super strong magic." Anemone paused for a moment and remembered Clay was supposed to have been altered too, "Say, have you been feeling different within like the last week or so?" Anemone wanted to see what Clay's thoughts were on the topic.

"Well, I guess so. Everyone else has been saying I'm acting different. So, is this Magiah dragon supposed to be responsible for all of this?"

"Yeah, Riptide came to me in a dream and explained the whole thing." Anemone nodded.

"So Magiah is responsible for everyone avoiding me? Where can I find him?" Clay wanted whatever magic was used on him to be lifted.

Anemone was startled by the fierceness of Clay's request, "Are you sure you want to go to this guy, whoever or whatever he is? He sounds a whole lot tougher than anything else in Pyrrhia, he could seriously hurt you if you picked a fight with him." She wasn't sure about the full extent of Magiah's abilities and she didn't want to know, but even then he already did things that were practically impossible.

"I'm sure. If there's a chance I can undo his magic, I'm willing to take that chance." Clay announced.

Anemone was intrigued, that was the Clay that would do anything for the people he cared for. Maybe there was a chance to fix all of this after all. "Alright then," Anemone looked down and picked up a stray spear laying on the ground, "spear, point us in the direction of Magiah." Using her animus magic, Anemone felt part of her soul slip into to spear as it did her bidding.

She let go of the spear and it pointed in the direction of the edge of the Skywing kingdom and the sea beyond. After that, she jumped and snatched the spear out of mid-air, "That's the way we have to go, come on, we don't have a minute to lose."

"We? Alright then, for our families. It's time we gave him a little visit." Clay said boldly and followed Anemone as they flew out to the place where Magiah made his home.
---
#15 Posted: 22:26:01 25/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile, back with Thorn and the others, they were resting out on a beach. In front of them was the sea in between the Skywing Kingdom, and the Nightwing volcano, and the sun was setting for the day as two of the moons were rising.

"Do we really have to cross this? It was exhausting the first time around." Fatespeaker said dully, remembering her other two journeys across the ocean.

"Yeah, you've done this before, so you should know what to do. Besides, it's too far away to take the tunnel." Deathbringer replied.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hopefully, third time will be the charm." Fatespeaker ruffled her wings in annoyance.

"Hey, there you six are! I've been looking around for you." Everyone turned around to see a Skywing walk out from the forest; it was the one from before; Peregrine.

"You're the one who helped Ruby become convinced about what happened." Jambu remarked.

"Yup, that's me." Peregrine beamed.

Thorn gave the Skywing dragonet a curious look, "I suppose thanks are in order. But one big question, why didn't you help us in the fight if you were watching it?"

"I didn't want to get my talons dirty, besides, you guys had it covered." Peregrine replied nonchalantly.

Thorn noticed on how regal the dragonet looked, as if Peregrine kept herself clean at every opportunity. Peril and the others noticed this too, for that Peril asked, "Would you happen to be royalty?"

"I don't think so; I lived on an island a very long way from here. I never knew my parents, and neither did my friends for that matter. Oh speaking of them, if you ever see a Mudwing named Slate, a shrimpy Seawing named Algae, a super-smart Sandwing named Desert, a Nightwing named Spaceseer, a too-nice Rainwing named Beauty, or a rather mean Icewing named Polar, tell them I said hi." Peregrine had just said the names of who the six guessed were her friends.

"I think we'll keep that in mind." Riptide replied.

"Are you coming with us?" Fatespeaker asked.

Peregrine swished her tail, "Sorry, I don't think I'm ready for a long-distance journey."

"But you said that you and your friends came from an island far away from here?" Deathbringer noticed.

Peregrine looked offended for a moment, "That had to be like a month ago. We've been settling down since then."

"Well, okay, I suppose we'll see you later huh?" Jambu replied.

"Yeah, take care." Peregrine waved a talon and flew off back towards the palace.

After Peregrine left, Thorn and the others went hunting, (well, Jambu searched out some fruits) and then went to sleep for the night. The next morning, everyone was ready for the long flight over to the former Nightwing home.

"Ahh, isn't it a good morning?" Jambu asked cheerfully, having gotten plenty of sunlight.

The others didn't share his good mood, "If you insist, we still need to deal with Magiah if we ever want a truly good morning." Thorn replied sullenly.

Once everyone was ready, Fatespeaker uneasily took the lead as they began the flight across to sea. The group was fortunate that the skies were clear, unlike Fatespeaker's last journey when she, Starflight, and the other false dragonets were guided by Morrowseer over to the Skywing outpost.

The only problem they had was the complaints from Jambu, such as, "are we there yet?" and "my wings hurt." and "are we even going the right way?"

All the while, Thorn was just hoping Sunny was okay, being a mother; it was her job to worry. But then again, as a queen, and the leader of the Outclaws, she couldn't show it.

After countless hours, Riptide could spot land, "I think we're close!"

Fatespeaker blinked and then nodded, "Yup, that's the island alright, let's end this and get Starflight and the others back to normal." Fatespeaker put on a burst of speed as she rocketed towards the island.

As Thorn, Deathbringer, Fatespeaker, Peril, Riptide, and Jambu lighted down onto the barren ground, they noticed a purple shape sitting on the boulder exit to the rainforest; it was Magiah.

"Good, I was wondering how long it would take you." Magiah remarked calmly, he was sitting as if he expected them.

(after-story notes- well, the climax is next, oh, for the concept of Clay taking action despite Magiah's spell, you can thank Starflightthenightwing (from Fanfiction (.net)). And now, Magiah's plans have had some more light shed onto them. It's a pity there will be just two more chapters left, chapter 8, and the epilogue. Don't fret, I have sequels planned. Oh one more thing, yay for extremely early OC introductions! I had no intention whatsoever of revealing Peregrine's friends so early on, espescially when their original appearance should be far on in the future. Oh well, the seven of them are my super-special WOF OC's, so I can't keep them hidden.)
---
#16 Posted: 17:21:33 27/09/2014 | Topic Creator
(well, I hoped you had fun not having to wait for as long, I was, as a certain anime character would say, "feeling the flow". Well, this is one of my biggest chapters ever, save for S.U.A. episode 38, and Spyro and the Spells.)

Chapter 8- the great mystical face-off

Thorn glared at the cause of Pyrrhia's troubles; the purple-scaled Magiah. He was sitting as calmly as possible, as if he wasn't even fazed that he had been discovered. He won't be so cocky once I get my talons on him.

"So you finally arrived? It's nice to meet you snout to snout." Magiah greeted them as if they were friends, yet a tone of contempt was present in his voice.

"Turn Clay and the others back to normal right now!" Peril yelled out the order.

"Now, now, there is no need for us to rush. We've only just met." Magiah replied causally.

"There is nothing for us to talk about. Now undo your spell, or else." Deathbringer threatened.

"Oh my, such violence!" Magiah laughed, and then grew serious for a moment, "Don't you know what I can do? You can't touch me; compared to all of you, I am invincible!" Magiah spread his wings dramatically.

"Wanna bet?" Riptide countered.

Magiah smiled, "Of course. If even one of you can touch me, I'll undo everything I've done here, including bringing back those two Skywings from death."

"That's all? When then, this should be easy." Fatespeaker launched herself towards the purple dragon, but stopped short when a wall of fire appeared in between them.

"Oh my, however will you get around this?" Magiah's voice came from behind the flames. "If only there was one of you who could pass through fire." Magiah said with mock laughter.

Everyone looked at Peril, "Well, it would seem he wants to test us." Peril concluded.

"I don't know what sick twisted game Magiah has planned, but it seems we don't have a choice, this is the only way we have to fix this." Thorn announced.

Peril took a deep breath and stepped towards the flames. When her talons touched the wall, she could feel the heat of the fire but wasn't completely fazed by it. The flames were dense, just like how Clay described swimming underwater; so Peril pushed her talons forwards, and expected to instantly reach the other side. That didn't happen though, as her claws were still be licked by the fire. Peril hesitated for a second, but then continued to push her way through, and after a couple of feet's worth of fire, she made it to the end of Magiah's barrier.

The purple dragon was sitting on the rainforest boulder still, "Well, bravo." Magiah clapped his talons together.

Peril tried to leap at him, but mid-launch, he vanished and Peril only succeeded in bumping her snout on the stone.

"Now, now, that wouldn't be fair to your friends to not give them a chance to get me." Magiah was several feet away, and talked in a scolding tone. Peril tried to catch him again, but stopped herself short when a barrier made out of water rose from the ground.

Peril walked back to the others, "So now what? If that's anything like the fire, we won't be getting through it." She grumbled.

"Well, it looks like I'm up." Riptide said proudly. He pieced it together that Magiah would have different barriers for each of them, so this one being made out of water, must be for a Seawing like himself. His tail whipped up some left-over ash from the eruption as he walked up to the wall. He then plunged himself into the water, and then, he noticed that there was a current, pushing back out. Riptide's gills opened to let some of the water in, and he whipped his tail so he could try to get through the current of the barrier. It took him a while to keep his tail moving in rhythm as he swam through the wall, but he eventually made it to the end. Once his talons hit solid ground again, Riptide ran at Magiah, whom was just a couple feet away from the cliff. This is for Tsunami! Riptide was about to punch the purple dragon right in the snout, but at the last minute, Magiah teleported out of the way, leaving Riptide to gather his balance to stop from tumbling over the cliff.

"Such recklessness." Magiah said, exasperated. "You should be more careful."

"Why won't you just face us!?" Thorn growled, annoyed at how their foe took them so causally.

"Because that wouldn't be fun, I like using my power, it's thrilling." Magiah laughed, "Oh by the way, Peril, Scarlet says thanks for getting her out of Burn's tower."

"You've seen Scarlet?" Peril asked, surprised.

"Oh yes, she was quite an interesting dragoness, very unique. I'm sure I saw her somewhere when I arrived. Don't know where she is now." Magiah replied.

Deathbringer took the opportunity to try and hit Magiah in the back, but the purple dragon sidestepped out of the way. "Come on now, I'm not through with you six yet. But it you want it to be your turn, Deathbringer, well then be my guest." Magiah used his magic to create and toss over to the Nightwing a spear; one of the Seawing version.

"What? You want to spar with me?" Deathbringer asked suspiciously.

"Oh no, you aren't fighting me. You are facing all of them." Magiah took a few wing beats backwards, and gestured to the ten skeletal dragons that were rising from the ground around Deathbringer. "You're going to need a weapon if you want to fight all of them."

Deathbringer's heart sank at the odds; it was a pity Glory wouldn't be here to see his to-be triumph though. The skeletal dragons rushed at him like a hoard of angry scavengers, and Deathbringer raised his spear, which was uncomfortable with it being one for Seawings. He pierced through the skull of the first one and yanked it of its bony body. Then he spun around, using his tail knock down the second one, and the spear for the third one. For the fourth one, he blasted fire on it, but the bony dragon just shrugged it off. So Deathbringer rushed it and tore its head off. The fifth one jumped on his back and dug its claws into his scales. Deathbringer twisted around and flung the skeletal dragon off the cliff. The sixth and seventh dragons walked around onto opposite sides of him, and he braced for their attack. He then noticed they were distracted by Thorn and Peril, whom were blasting fire at the zombie-like dragons.

"Hey, hey!" Magiah protested, "You aren't allowed to interfere with this! If you two don't stop right now, I'll double the number."

"Don't worry, I've got this." Deathbringer announced, he was secretly happy though, these skeletons had sharp claws.

Deathbringer raised his temporary spear and took small looks from dragons' number six and seven, sizing up their next move. Both dragons rushed at him and he ducked and rolled out of the way. The two zombie-dragons collided into a pile of bones just like the previous five; which left just three more to go. Deathbringer got back onto his talons just in time to see the eighth one dive down for a sky bomb. Deathbringer intercepted it with the Seawing spear, causing it to crash into the ground, but taking the spear with it. The final two remaining skeletal dragons rushed him, seeing he was without his weapon. Deathbringer dug his talons into the ground and tossed one into the air with his horns and used his tail to demolish the last one.

"Splended! Bravo! What a battle!" Magiah clapped his talons together again, cheering for Deahtbringer.

Deathbringer grabbed the spear off the dusty ground and hurled it at the purple dragon. However, Magiah snatched it out of mid-air and exclaimed, "Olay," as he spun around with the spear now resting in his talons. Deathbringer growled in annoyance, nothing they did worked against him, and all the while, Magiah treated it as if it were all a game.
---
#17 Posted: 21:25:04 29/09/2014 | Topic Creator
"Well, who wants to go next, Fatespeaker perhaps?" Magiah asked out loud.

"He'll have you go sooner or later." Thorn said to the nervous Nightwing.

Fatespeaker took in a deep breath, "Alright, so what sort of challenge do you have planned for me?" She was hoping Magiah would give her something easy; but she was also curious as to why their foe insisted on these trials.

"Well, you know your 'visions,' let's see if they are really helpful." Magiah announced. He snapped his claws and several polls rose out of the ground and on top of them were what resembled Rainwing dart guns. "Let's see if you can dodge them. There are a total of 9 darts, avoid them all and you will win."

Fatespeaker was puzzled at first but then she noticed that the dart guns swirled when she moved, so they would always point at her; it would take some quick reflexes not get hit.

"And begin!" Magiah yelled, and the first set of darts flew her way. Fatespeaker crouched down onto the ground as the first set passed just inches about her head. Fatespeaker tried to catch her breath but was cut short when the second group was fired. Quickly, she jumped out of the way mere seconds from being hit. She looked at the dart guns, and once the last three were fired, she side-stepped and a dart brushed her left wing, nearly poking through her wing membrane.

"Well, I guess it's a good job. Very quick indeed." Magiah remarked. Fatespeaker sighed in relief, glad that her part was finished.

"So now who's next? How about you in the green?" Magiah was looking at Jambu, whom wasn't wanting to have to do anything.

"Me?" Jambu asked nerviously.

"Yes you. It's time you joined in the fun." Magiah said.

"Do I have to?" Jambu replied.

"You do if you want your sister to be an awesome queen again. Don't worry, he doesn't seem like he wants to kill us. He would have done so already if he did." Fatespeaker comforted him with her words.

"Alright then, for Glory." Jambu said, hoping this wouldn't hurt.

"Good thing you agreed, because you won't even get a chance to touch me until all of you can pass my tests." Magiah replied smugly.

Jambu stepped forward, "Just don't hurt me." He replied sheepishly.

Magiah stepped farther backwards, and out of the ground, rose a giant dark, forbidding, rainforest. "Cross it, it you may get a chance at me."

Jambu gulped, but walked closer to the dark version of his home; his scales remaining green all over him. He grabbed onto the branches and started swinging, occasionally wrapping his tail around and launching himself. His plan was to treat it as a race, but in this forest, things would seem to come out of nowhere and scare him. It had to be a half-hour later once Jambu could see light again coming from the end of Magiah's jungle. Swinging his tail around a branch for the last time, he landed on the gray rocky ground with a thud gracefully, and the jungle vanished. Strangely enough, he was but several feet away from the others, whom were looking worried, but sighed with relief when they saw him.

Jambu's scales turned purple with pride, seeing as how he made it out alive. "Oh yeah!" Jambu cheered.

"Very well done, bit slow though." Magiah remarked. "So are you going to try and catch me?"

"Why bother, you're just going to move somewhere else if I do." Jambu shrugged.

"Very well." Magiah replied, and all of a sudden, Jambu found himself standing next to the others.

"Well, it's about time I end this little game." Thorn announced, "Once I'm through with you, you'll wish you never messed with my daughter and her friends."

"Big talk, let's see if you can back it up." Magiah replied, unfazed.

Thorn growled, "I won't disappoint."

"Good, seeing as how you are a queen." Magiah snapped his claws again, and a desert rose out of the ground, just as Jambu's rainforest did. "Oh, keep an eye out for Dragonbite vipers." Magiah said with some laughing, which sounded faint, but surely ahead of her.

Thorn stepped forward into the magical desert. Everything looked normal to her, but occasionally, she could see shapes stirring in the sand. To get an advantage, she took to the air, rising high enough so that if there were any of the deadly snakes, they couldn't reach her. But after a while, her wings started aching. Reluctantly, she glided back down to the ground, and almost instantly, a Dragonbite viper launched from under the sand. Thinking quickly, she shot out some fire at the snake and darted away. She continued crossing Magiah's desert; avoiding several more of the vipers, and eventually, she could see the purple menace sitting under the shade of a few palm trees in an oasis.

"Good, you finally made it." Magiah said as Thorn continued walking toward him. He then proceeded to have the desert disappear, returning them to the gray rocky terrain of the Nightwing volcano.

Thorn made a desperate leap at Magiah, but found herself right next to Peril and everyone else. "We've played your little game! So now what?" Thorn growled angrily.
---
#18 Posted: 22:21:12 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Magiah didn't reply, but thought to himself about something. Then he proceeded to smile and look directly at the Sandwing queen. Thorn narrowed her eyes, but in the distraction, the purple dragon shot out a purple orb from his mouth, and it was on a high-speed collision course with Thorn. Thorn closed her eyes instantly, knowing no one could react with anything to stop the blast.

Everyone was surprised when a Seawing spear collided with the orb and then shattered in particles; her savior was Anemone!

"I hope you didn't plan on failing. Tsunami needs her old personality back, and our mother would never forgive you." Anemone said smugly, smiling.

"When did you get here?" Riptide asked.

"Not too long ago." Anemone replied.

Everyone looked back at Magiah, whom was thinking to himself, and then said, "Well that was unexpected, I never knew it had a different effect on inanimate objects. Best to keep that in mind the next time I launch a dreaming blast."

Magiah then flinched as he felt a claw on his shoulder, he turned around to see Clay smiling, "And that's game."

"But … but … but that's not fair!" Magiah yelled unhappily.

"A deal is a deal. One of us touched you, so know it's time to keep your side of the bargain." Thorn replied happily, knowing that Magiah just lost.

Magiah glared daggers at the eight dragons, "Fine! I hope you're happy." Magiah snapped his claws one last time.

Meanwhile, Peril rushed over to Clay, "Clay! It's good to see you." She said happily.

Clay blinked as Magiah's spell lifted, "Peril? I think I'm back." His stomach rumbled, and Clay became a bit embarrassed.

"Yeah, I think you're back." Peril agreed.

Thorn looked back at Magiah, who was scowling, but did nothing. "Listen, I know you just want to cause problems for us, but could you do us a favor?"

"And just what would that be?" Magiah said, pouting.

"Could you undo Stonemover's entire curse, and make it be so that he won't lose his soul, or become stone anymore?"

Anemone caught on quickly, "And me too?"

While the others were initially revolted by Thorn asking their nemesis a favor, they understood that it was all for the miserable Nightwing.

Magiah thought over it, and then said, smiling, "That'll cost you extra."

Thorn frowned, but then decided just to give him Stonemover's searching stone, "Here, this is what we used to find you. Perhaps, it'll help you find someone too." She then tossed it over to the purple dragon.

Magiah looked at it curiously, "Well, this will have to do." Magiah picked up the rock, and then stood up.

Behind him, a purple hued portal appeared behind him. "Well folks, it's been fun, but it think it's time I go terrorize some other place. Bye, Pyrrhia." Magiah bowed, and at the last second, his shape changed. No longer was he a Pyrrhian dragon, but now he was somewhat smaller. He still had his purple scales, red eyes, and yellow horns, but now, he also had yellow spikes running down his back and ending at his tail, which was ended in an arrowhead. His underscales, and wing membranes were also red. The purple dragon then vanished into thin air as the portal closed.

"By the moons, that was weird." Fatespeaker commented on Magiah's form change.

"Well, at least he's gone. Now we can go back and take care of whatever Magiah left behind." Thorn announced and turned towards the Rainwing boulder tunnel. Their journey was done.

(well, what do you think so far?)
---
#19 Posted: 18:06:07 04/10/2014 | Topic Creator
(well, they say all good things must come to an end, perhaps that's true. And yet, I have some thrilling plans for my WOF stories. anyway ... enjoy)

Epilogue- a new day dawns

It was the day after the eight dragons survived Magiah, and things all around Pyrrhia were running smoothly. On a lone hill in the Jade Mountains, the ground was stirring as Magiah's recent spell was taking effect. Two Skywings were struggling to claw their way out of the ground.

The first Skywing sputtered dirt out of his mouth, "Ugh, Cardinal. What are we doing half-buried in the ground?" Rust continued to spit dirt out.

"Honestly, I have no idea." Cardinal replied as he shook himself clean of clinging dirt. "In fact, the last thing I remember was …" Cardinal drifted off in thought.

"The last thing you remember was what?" Rust tried to get his friend thinking, drawing a blank as well.

After a few minutes, Cardinal replied, "I don't know, it's as if the day never happened. Rust, something weird is going on.

"Hold up, I think I'm getting something. I remember a purple dragon north of the palace, far north really, up near the Nightwing volcano. And we were there, but then, that's it." Cardinal said.

"Maybe Her Majesty found something out?" Rust asked.

"Well, we need all of the information we can get." Cardinal replied.

It took them a while to make it back to the Skywing Palace, but when they did, they were met with looks of disbelief and confusion. They eventually made it over to the throne room, and seeing as how they had to get an answer, and that there was no one else around, they slowly walked in. Inside, Ruby was sitting glumly, as if something was troubling her. She lifted her head upon hearing the two walk in and blinked slowly.

"Rust, Cardinal, is that really you?" Ruby asked, not sure about what to make out of this development.

The two soldiers looked at each other, giving the other looks of confusion, and then Rust spoke up, "Uh, Your Majesty, are you okay?"

The Skywing Queen stood up and walked over to them, and then she proceeded in an unqueenly manner to poke them in the snouts, "You feel real. But surely …" Ruby trailed off.

"Uh, could you tell us what this is all about?" Cardinal asked, getting out of the stance of being perfectly still; seeing as how Ruby was relaxed to some extent.

Ruby blinked again, still in disbelief, "I never thought that they were right. I guess Magiah kept his word."

Rust and Cardinal continued to be confused, "Magiah? Who's he?"

"You don't know?" Ruby took a deep breath, and then continued, "Well okay. This purple dragon named Magiah was messing around with everyone in the last week or so. It turns out that he has magical powers unlike anything anyone has ever known. Also, he was able to somehow alter the personalities of the Dragonets of Destiny. Thorn, Peril, and some other friends came to me about three days ago and told me that you two attacked them. Later on, they told me that they sent Magiah back to who knows where and that he would undo everything." Ruby explained.

"We attacked the new Sandwing queen!?" Rust and Cardinal exclaimed in unison. "What … what happened to us." Cardinal was starting to piece things together, and he didn't like what they were leading to.

Ruby stared at her two friend's eyes sadly, "You want to know why I felt as if you weren't real? Well, Peril and the others killed you."

Rust felt as if he was falling out of the sky, "But we're alive," he replied in disbelief.

"I know. Thorn came to me last night using a dreamvisitor and told me that Magiah would bring you back to life. As for why you attacked them, well they never told me, but I guess some form of mind control was involved." The Skywing queen said.

"So is that why we can't remember anything about the last day?" Cardinal began, but then noticed a few key words, "Wait a second! You said something about them coming to you three days ago. So how come it feels as if it's only been one?"

"After all that the world has went through within this last couple of weeks, who knows. Anyway, we need to plan a reunion party for you two. It's high time we had a feast of my two friends and their return." Ruby announced, and walked out of the throne room with them.

Meanwhile, in the Mudwing swamps, Queen Moorhen studied the scavenger encampment curiously. In the last couple of days, numerous groups of the creatures had been gathering extremely close to her swamp. As the queen, it was her job to see what was going on, and as the Bigwings of the royal family, it was her job to protect everyone. So she had been keeping a close eye on the scavengers.

"Any about what those animals are up to? Or can we just go eat them now?" One of her brothers walked up next to her.

"Sorry, there hasn't been anything going on. And I would approve of us going to eat them, but I bet that that would provoke an attack from them. Besides, in the future, there will be even more of them to eat, so we can wait." Moorhen replied.

"I think I see something." Her brother pointed at the camp.

A couple scavengers were coming out of their tents, looking confused. They then proceeded to wake up more scavengers, and some furious chattering proceeded. After a while of the two Mudwings waiting, the scavengers gathered their things and started moving away from the swamps.

"Okay, that is deffinantly weird. First them come here and set up a camp, and then they leave a couple days later." Moorhen commented.

"Who knows why scavengers do anything? Well, I think this means we aren't going to get attacked." Moorhen's brother replied.

"I agree, I'd say, we are safe." Moorhen started walking back with him.

On the other side of the swamps, in the delta, Clay and Peril were talking to Reed and Clay's other siblings.

"That's quite the story." Sora piped up.

"Well, it's good that your change was fixed, I doubt we could have lived with the different Clay. Too grouchy." Pheasant remarked.

Clay shuffled around in the mud, "I guess, it was weird, thinking differently. Hopefully, Magiah won't come back and make us do that all over again. Soo, is anyone hungry?"

Peril sighed, standing on flat ground next to the Mudwings, "Oh Clay, you'll be hungry forever won't you."

"Yup, well, I wonder how the others are doing?" Clay asked.
---
#20 Posted: 20:59:56 09/10/2014 | Topic Creator
In the Deep Palace, Coral was talking to Tsunami and Anemone. Auklet was playing around with some seaweed and tugging on the harness that the Seawing Queen insisted on using.

"I told you, I'm fine!" Tsunami pouted grumpily, flashing the proper stripes

"Are you sure?" Coral was unconvinced; in part it was due to Tsunami's recent obedient nature.

"Yeah, this is the Tsunami we had before Magiah." Anemone flashed.

"I still can't believe that one single dragon could do so much." Coral sighed sadly, her gills fluttered.

"Well, apparently it's true. Every single part." Tsunami flashed.

At this time, Riptide swam into the cave, "Hello." He flashed.

Coral gave him an unapproving look, but then flashed, "You are lucky that you've gotten Tsunami back to normal. Though I do miss Tsunami not wanting to go and do so many daring things."

"Like earlier when she challenged Shark to a fight?" Riptide suggested.

"He had it coming. After everything, he deserved someone other than Mother to put him in his place." Tsunami flashed with a hint of indigniance.

"You are lucky you got out with your life." Coral flashed with a growl, "If I didn't interfere, who knows how hurt you would have become."

Tsunami "hmped," and then flashed, "Well, I beat a stone version of Orca all the while protecting Auklets egg. I'm sure I could have given Shark a scar."

Riptide sighed, "He isn't without scars for nothing, he isn't the best fighter in the Kingdom of the Sea for nothing."

"You know the part I can't believe?" Anemone flashed, "The fact that Magiah kept his word. After all, once I woke up this morning, I felt refreshed, and once I tried to enchant something, I didn't feel any different." Anemone flashed, beaming.

"You really think that little trinket of Stonemover's was worth enough for Magiah to cure you and that Nightwing? After all, what if that purple pain is just making you feel as if you aren't losing your soul and that you still are." Riptide asked skeptically.

"I'm sure. I don't know how to explain it, but it's as if all that coldness has disappeared." Anemone looked Riptide in the eyes.

"I hope you're right. Or else once I see Magiah again, I'll make him wish he never came here in the first place." Tsunami flashed angrily.

"Tsunami's deffinantly back." Riptide flashed laughing.

At the same time, it was a party in the Rainforest. Once the heroes came out of the wormhole, Grandeur was sure that Deathbringer and Fatespeaker succeeded. Her hopes were confirmed when Glory came out of her hut and started yelling about why they took a trip without telling her and then coming back several days later through the tunnel.

Deathbringer and Fatespeaker had just finished telling everyone who Glory let come to the village the story.

"So that explains why I just felt like I woke up from the longest nap ever." Glory mused; several different colors flowed through her scales.

Starflight was there too, "You're not the only one. To me, it was just one long dream. A very vivid and painful dream at that."

Fierceteeth grumbled, "You don't say. Do you know how many times I had to save you? And even then, I wouldn't have done it if Grandeur didn't threaten me. Honestly, the other 'you' was quite a bother, always doing so many things." Fierceteeth continued ranting for a couple minutes. In the mean time, Starflight turned over to the others.

"So how do you feel having your eyesight back?" Deathbringer asked.

"It feels great; I never thought that the darkness would vanish. But now, I can get back to reading scrolls." Starflight replied happily, his talons were practically itching to hold a scroll again.

"Well, at least Magiah waited until you took off the bandages. Who knows how troublesome you'd be with them on." Glory chuckled, actually imagining what would happen.

Soon, a Rainwing was walking up to the group; it was Kinkajou. "Hey Glory, hey others!" Kinkajou waved a talon to them as she walked over to them.

"Kinkajou! It's good to see you're alright. Well, alright enough to join us." Glory said, embracing the younger dragonet in her wings.

"I couldn't miss meeting with all of you. It was too bad I couldn't help stop Magiah, I bet I'd be super-awesome." Kinkajou replied.

"Magiah was rather scary, it's a good thing he's not cruel like Burn or something like that. However, I have a feeling he's not that bad, just insane." Fatespeaker replied, hinting the possibility of a 'vision'.

"Magiah, "just insane," I don't think so! That dragon is much more than that." Glory barked out a laugh.

"'Perfectly mad' is a better description. The way he just toyed with us the entire time was just plain wrong." Deathbringer added, "He wasn't even worried about us. He didn't care about what we did, but he took pleasure in our misfortune." The Nightwing shruddered his wings, still creeped out.

"Well, it's all over, so who wants mango." Jambu said in the sidelines.
---
#21 Posted: 19:11:59 12/10/2014 | Topic Creator
In the Sandwing Palace, another party was in full swing. Thorn had set up the part shortly after her return. What excited her most was that Magiah kept his word; Stonemover was back to normal, and by normal, she meant before the time of him forming the wormholes.

"So that's what happened? No wonder Sunny was so grouchy, being under some kind of curse sounds horrible." Camel replied, his mate sitting next to him.

Camel's mate nodded, "I agree, I would probably go insane if something like that happened to our egg."

"You know, it all feels like one long dream. Did I say anything that I would regret?" Sunny asked.

"I'm sure you might have dissed a soldier or two, but it's obvious you weren't yourself." Smolder replied; Flower was sitting on his shoulder.

The presence of the popular scavenger reminded Thorn of something that happened before they left the volcano. Thorn had noticed a purple rock, much like the one Stonemover gave to them, but it also had some string attached to it so it could be worn. After getting back to the Palace, Thorn had checked in with Smolder, and Flower was there. After talking to Smolder and seeing if anything happened during her departure, she noticed something simply amazing. They could here Flower talking as if she could speak their language! Apparently, the purple dragon had left it on the ground upon leaving, and it turned out that the charm could allow them to have a conversation with the scavenger.

And using that chance, Flower was, "You dragons think you're so awesome. Hmp, you don't even have thumbs."

Everyone was still unsettled at the new development, and they getting even more annoyed with Flower's words. "Smolder, would you mind taking her out of here?" Thorn announced sourly.

Smolder complied and took Flower out of the banquet hall, the scavenger protested until out of the range of the charm.

"I doubt we'll be getting over that anytime soon." Sunny remarked.

"It's a wonder Magiah can do all of that." Stonemover replied, "He doesn't seem like a very bad dragon though, just misdirecting his powers."

"I dunno about that. He made me think differently, it still disturbs me." Sunny said.

"I'm just glad I get another chance at life. I hear Anemone hasn't had any problems with her animus powers either." Stonemover started to sigh, but stopped himself.

"Some habits are hard to break huh?" Thorn laughed, her three necklaces bumped each other.

"Perhaps, I feel lighter than air, in part due to me getting used to not being weighed down by my scales." Stonemover replied.

"So where are Qibli and Six-Claws?" Sunny asked curiously.

"Oh, I left them in charge of the Scorpion's Den." Thorn replied. She then looked up at the sky; the three moons were rising in the air.

"At least the world is finally safe again." Sunny said.

(well that's that for Wings of Fire - The Personality Shift. Again, stay tuned for WOF TDA (that's the sequels' acronym). I will soon be posting an AU one-shot of chapter 8, of which is will be in this same topic. What do you think of this story in general? I plan to have a lot more fun with the sequels. For right now, well, I don't know if anyone reads this here, but I'd like to know, well that's all folks.)
---
#22 Posted: 21:16:04 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Wings of Fire - The Personality Shift: Alternative version of Chapter 8 part one

Thorn glared at the cause of Pyrrhia's troubles; the purple-scaled Magiah. He was sitting as calmly as possible, as if he wasn't even fazed that he had been discovered. He won't be so cocky once I get my talons on him.

"So you finally arrived? It's nice to meet you snout to snout." Magiah greeted them as if they were friends, yet a tone of contempt was present in his voice.

"Turn Clay and the others back to normal right now!" Peril yelled out the order.

"Now, now, there is no need for us to rush. We've only just met." Magiah replied causally.

"There is nothing for us to talk about. Now undo your spell, or else." Deathbringer threatened.

Oh my, such violence!" Magiah laughed, and then grew serious for a moment, "Don't you know what I can do? You can't touch me; compared to all of you, I am invincible!" Magiah spread his wings dramatically.

"Wanna bet?" Riptide countered.

Magiah smiled, "Of course. If even one of you can touch me, I'll undo everything I've done here, including bringing back those two Skywings from death."

"That's all? When then, this should be easy." Fatespeaker launched herself towards the purple dragon, but stopped short when a wall of fire appeared in between them.

"Oh my, however will you get around this?" Magiah's voice came from behind the flames. "If only there was one of you who could pass through fire." Magiah said with mock laughter.

Everyone looked at Peril, "Well, it would seem he wants to test us." Peril concluded.

"I don't know what sick twisted game Magiah has planned, but it seems we don't have a choice, this is the only way we have to fix this." Thorn announced.

Peril took a deep breath and stepped towards the flames. When her talons touched the wall, she could feel the heat of the fire but wasn't completely fazed by it. The flames were dense, just like how Clay described swimming underwater; so Peril pushed her talons forwards, and expected to instantly reach the other side. That didn't happen though, as her claws were still be licked by the fire. Peril hesitated for a second, and in that moment of hesitation, Peril felt an updraft from the flames and she was knocked out from the wall.

Peril felt her heart stop for a split-second; she failed!

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, how can you expect to save Clay if you can't even get past something you live with everyday?" Magiah said with mock concern. He then had the fires vanish, and in their place, came a barrier of water.

Peril walked back to the others, "So now what? If that's anything like the fire, we won't be getting through it." She grumbled.

"Well, it looks like I'm up." Riptide said sadly. He pieced it together that Magiah would have different barriers for each of them, so this one being made out of water, must be for a Seawing like himself. His tail whipped up some left-over ash from the eruption as he walked up to the wall. He then plunged himself into the water, and then, he noticed that there was a current, pushing back out. Riptide's gills opened to let some of the water in, and he whipped his tail so he could try to get through the current of the barrier. The more he tried to make progress, the stronger the current became. It wasn't long before the current got the upper hand and forced him out of the water.

"And I thought you were a Seawing. Where's that natural advantage at, probably back with Tsunami?" Magiah said as Riptide hung his head with shame at failing.

"Why won't you just face us!?" Thorn growled, annoyed at how their foe took them so causally.

"Because that wouldn't be fun, I like using my power, it's thrilling." Magiah laughed, "Oh by the way, Peril, Scarlet says thanks for getting her out of Burn's tower."

"You've seen Scarlet?" Peril asked, surprised.

"Oh yes, she was quite an interesting dragoness, very unique. I'm sure I saw her somewhere when I arrived. Don't know where she is now." Magiah replied.

(will have part two later.)
---
#23 Posted: 21:04:10 09/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Deathbringer took the opportunity to try and hit Magiah in the back, but the purple dragon sidestepped out of the way. "Come on now, I'm not through with you six yet. But it you want it to be your turn, Deathbringer, well then be my guest." Magiah used his magic to create and toss over to the Nightwing a spear; one of the Seawing version.

"What? You want to spar with me?" Deathbringer asked suspiciously.

"Oh no, you aren't fighting me. You are facing all of them." Magiah took a few wing beats backwards, and gestured to the ten skeletal dragons that were rising from the ground around Deathbringer. "You're going to need a weapon if you want to fight all of them."

Deathbringer's heart sank at the odds; it was a pity Glory wouldn't be here to see his to-be triumph though. The skeletal dragons rushed at him like a hoard of angry scavengers, and Deathbringer raised his spear, which was uncomfortable with it being one for Seawings. He pierced through the skull of the first one and yanked it of its bony body. Then he spun around, using his tail knock down the second one, and the spear for the third one. For the fourth one, he blasted fire on it, but the bony dragon just shrugged it off. So Deathbringer rushed it and tore its head off. The fifth one jumped on his back and dug its claws into his scales. Deathbringer twisted around and flung the skeletal dragon off the cliff. The sixth and seventh dragons walked around onto opposite sides of him, and he braced for their attack. He then noticed they were distracted by Thorn and Peril, whom were blasting fire at the zombie-like dragons.

"Hey, hey!" Magiah protested, "You aren't allowed to interfere with this! If you two don't stop right now, I'll double the number."

"Don't worry, I've got this." Deathbringer announced, he was secretly happy though, these skeletons had sharp claws.

Hearing this, Magiah snapped his claws, and the remaining five skeletal dragons rushed forth at the Nightwing simultaneously. Deathbringer, unready for the attack, was quickly pinned down in the onslaught, and one of the skeletal dragons prepared to bring it jaws down onto his neck. But then, Deathbringer felt the weight on his back lift, and he looked to see the bony dragons backing off.

"And that's the skill of a professional assassin? How pathetic." Magiah said unapprovingly.

Reluctantly, Deathbringer walked back to the others, his pride severely wounded.

"Well, who wants to go next, Fatespeaker perhaps?" Magiah asked out loud.

"He'll have you go sooner or later." Thorn said to the nervous Nightwing.

Fatespeaker took in a deep breath, "Alright, so what sort of challenge do you have planned for me?" She was hoping Magiah would give her something easy; but she was also curious as to why their foe insisted on these trials.

"Well, you know your 'visions,' let's see if they are really helpful." Magiah announced. He snapped his claws and several polls rose out of the ground and on top of them were what resembled Rainwing dart guns. "Let's see if you can dodge them. There are a total of 9 darts, avoid them all and you will win."

Fatespeaker was puzzled at first but then she noticed that the dart guns swirled when she moved, so they would always point at her; it would take some quick reflexes not get hit.

"And begin!" Magiah yelled, and the first set of darts flew her way. Fatespeaker crouched down onto the ground as the first set passed just inches about her head. Fatespeaker tried to catch her breath but was cut short when the second group was fired. Quickly, she jumped out of the way mere seconds from being hit. Fatespeaker tried to get out of the way of the third set, but she moved too slowly, and so one of the darts successfully poked itself right into her snout. She was looking down right at it is she felt sleep overcome her.

"Didn't predict that, did you?" Magiah asked, laughing.

(part 3 later)
---
#24 Posted: 22:13:05 15/12/2014 | Topic Creator
"So now who's next? How about you in the green?" Magiah was looking at Jambu, whom wasn't wanting to have to do anything.

"Me?" Jambu asked nerviously.

"Yes you. It's time you joined in the fun." Magiah said.

"Do I have to?" Jambu replied.

"You do if you want your sister to be an awesome queen again. Don't worry, he doesn't seem like he wants to kill us. He would have done so already if he did." Fatespeaker comforted him with her words; she was just waking back up.

"Alright then, for Glory." Jambu said, hoping this wouldn't hurt.

"Good thing you agreed, because you won't even get a chance to touch me until all of you can pass my tests." Magiah replied smugly.

Jambu stepped forward, "Just don't hurt me." He replied sheepishly.

Magiah stepped farther backwards, and out of the ground, rose a giant dark, forbidding, rainforest. "Cross it, then you may get a chance at me."

Jambu gulped, but walked closer to the dark version of his home; his scales remaining green all over him. He grabbed onto the branches and started swinging, occasionally wrapping his tail around and launching himself. His plan was to treat it as a race, but in this forest, things would seem to come out of nowhere and scare him. It was after a zombie-like sloth, swung out from a branch that, Jambu felt like he had enough. He turned around and came screaming out from the dark rainforest in terror. Jambu's scales were a complete set of blue-gray and pale green.

"Forget 'lazy Rainwing,' now that is a scaredy Rainwing." Magiah started laughing.

"Well, it's about time I end this little game." Thorn announced, "Once I'm through with you, you'll wish you never messed with my daughter and her friends."

"Big talk, let's see if you can back it up." Magiah replied, unfazed.

Thorn growled, "I won't disappoint."

"Good, seeing as how you are a queen." Magiah snapped his claws again, and a desert rose out of the ground, just as Jambu's rainforest did. "Oh, keep an eye out for Dragonbite vipers." Magiah said with some laughing, which sounded faint, but surely ahead of her.

Thorn stepped forward into the magical desert. Everything looked normal to her, but occasionally, she could see shapes stirring in the sand. To get an advantage, she took to the air, rising high enough so that if there were any of the deadly snakes, they couldn't reach her. But after a while, her wings started aching. Reluctantly, she glided back down to the ground, and almost instantly, a Dragonbite viper launched from under the sand. Thinking quickly, she shot out some fire at the snake and darted away. However, Thorn was unprepared when a second viper shot out at her right hind leg and sunk its fangs in. Thorn was horrified, seeing as how there was nothing she could do now. Very quickly, the pain came in and the venom turned her leg black. She closed her snout firmly, as it was all he could do to keep from screaming in the agony. Once darkness settled in her vision, she knew she must have died, but there was just one problem; she could sense, if not fully feel, the venom leave her leg. Thorn could also feel the rocky ground of the Nightwing volcano, so she must not have died.

"Come on now, you don't seriously think I'd let you die, I'm much too pleased with myself to do that." Magiah said teasingly. Shakily, Thorn got back on her talons, she was sure what was about to happen next wasn't good.

"Well, the six of you have failed the test I have given you. So, you can't possibly hope to stand up to me." Magiah announced, and then, he snapped his claws one last time.

All of a sudden, Thorn, Peril, and the others, found themselves back in the Rainforest, but there was one problem; the boulder wormhole to the volcano was gone! And back on the island, Anemone and Clay stared at the situation; there was no way to could stop the purple dragon now!

(Well, it's about time I finished this, soo, who wants to hear the reviews that were made in regards to Magiah over on fanfiction?)
---
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#25 Posted: 22:58:26 25/03/2015
Sounds good!
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me