Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Crystal Frito Lay Hot Dog: Will it be in stores?
Page 1 of 1
Crystal Frito Lay Hot Dog: Will it be in stores? [CLOSED]
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#1 Posted: 16:52:39 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Anyone know this? I realy want the Green one, but I don't live in US, we don't have Frito Lay in the Netherlands(We have Lays but they're Lazy to do promo's) and... Well, I'm just afraid to wait another whole year.

We RECENTLY got QuickDraw Rattle Shake here in stores(Since Yesterday) But still.... I want those Crystal Hot Dogs more. They look amazing.

So, anyone know if they will be in stores?
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 17:11:19 27/08/2014
I really doubt they will be in the stores. None of the Frito-lay promotional Skylanders have ever been released in the store unless it was an in-game variant. Sidekicks (which were playable as magic items and now as characters in Trap Team) and QuickDraw Rattle Shake (which was an in-game variant) were the only Frito-Lay promotional Skylanders ever released outside the promotion. None of the non in-game variants (Flocked Stump Smash, Pumpkin Fright Rider) have ever been released.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 18:13:39 27/08/2014
The box says "Not for Resale."
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Talarus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#4 Posted: 19:37:09 27/08/2014
I'm willing to guess that it will be just based on the wording "exclusive until 12/31/14", which is what Quickdraw's contest also said.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#5 Posted: 21:54:02 27/08/2014
These crystal Fire Bone Hot Dogs will not be sold in stores, same as Flocked Stump Smash and Halloween Fright Rider weren't.

Quick Draw Rattle Shake has been the only exception in all the years Frito-Lay have had promotional Skylanders giveaways, and that figure was already known to be an in-game variant meaning it was meant to be sold in store eventually.

Sidekicks are another story as those required proof of purchase and shipping/handling fees when you could get them from Frito-Lay.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 22:10:03 27/08/2014
Any time someone tries to predict a pattern with Skylanders releases, Activision throws a wrench in their predictions.

To answer the OP's question: No one but Activision knows. And they may not even know.

If all you want is idle speculation, then "yes." Or "no."
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#7 Posted: 22:11:35 27/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax

When I won Quickdraw Rattle Shake from the contest, the box said it as well.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 22:27:08 27/08/2014
If you are looking for an indicator from history, the answer is "no". No non-in game variants from Frito Lay have been put on shelves to date. It may list as "Special", but the figure isn't any different in functionality than regular Fire Bone Hot Dog (nor is Flocked Stump Smash or Halloween Fright Rider). If it were to do something in game differently from a normal one (Sidekicks and Quickdraw), then history says it is likely.

Activision can and has changed directions in the past, and could do so according to contest rules after 12/13/2014. But if history is the judge, then no you won't see it. And being outside the US makes it even less likely as other regions have been denied variants in the past. If I were a betting man, the odds are low - but not zero.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 22:56:49 27/08/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn

Huh? Did anyone else get a QDRS that said "Not for Resale"? Mine didn't...
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#10 Posted: 23:03:15 27/08/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Epic popthorn

Huh? Did anyone else get a QDRS that said "Not for Resale"? Mine didn't...

They all had UPCs
---
words. letters. filler.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#11 Posted: 23:14:40 27/08/2014
Hopefully not smilie
---
bye
Cazper8771 Green Sparx Gems: 268
#12 Posted: 23:16:54 27/08/2014
I found a flocked stump smash in a toys r us. I didn't buy it though, because I just started collecting and didn't know how rare it was so who knows.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#13 Posted: 23:31:55 27/08/2014
Quickdraws never said not for resale from Frito lays they had bar codes on them.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#14 Posted: 00:31:18 28/08/2014
Quote: Cazper8771
I found a flocked stump smash in a toys r us. I didn't buy it though, because I just started collecting and didn't know how rare it was so who knows.

I call fake.
---
words. letters. filler.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#15 Posted: 01:06:44 28/08/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

I call fake.

Its possible if someone returned it. I saw Legendary figures at Gamestop once.

I'd really hope they do, but I'm sure anyone who slaved over a phone trying to get one probably wouldn't be too happy. To be honest, it's probably one of the cooler variants I've seen recently and with the alternate colors + how hard it got to get them, putting them in stores would be really great.

If not one store, Activision should work out each one going to a different store.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#16 Posted: 02:04:21 28/08/2014
Don't waste your time holding your breath for one of these Hot Dogs to show up in the stores. They have never had a retail release of a non in-game variant Frito Skylander in the stores. The only ones that were released for sale were regular Skylanders and the in-game variant of QD Rattle Shake. Then there were sidekicks who were given away, but never a non in-game variant. So I'd say the proof points to this will not have a retail release.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#17 Posted: 03:19:26 28/08/2014
I think it will go down like this. When you had to vote on Facebook what color bash TRU would sell red, green or blue and blue won and it was sold at TRU. I see vote for what color FBHD would sell and it will come out next summer in that color only. We will see.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Cazper8771 Green Sparx Gems: 268
#18 Posted: 05:24:38 28/08/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

I call fake.

I'm 29 yrs young lol. I have no reason to lie believe what you want. I seen a Spyro adventures flocked stump smash at my tru about a month after giants came out. Which is when I started playing and collecting. But they only had one and I seen it a few times and kept passing up on it. I did not know it was a special one or whatever you wanna call it. I said to myself I like the plastic look better, boy was that a mistake lol.
#19 Posted: 08:49:35 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok, so, according to everyone, we, in Europe, wont be able to get them? Or may there possibly be a promotion here?

Well Acti.....?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#20 Posted: 10:07:40 28/08/2014
Whatever you guys in Europe dont get , us Tuff Luck fellas in Africa will get even less .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#21 Posted: 10:41:40 28/08/2014
I would not be surprised that the figures are released well after Trap Team hits stores. If so, I will get the purple one that I don't have. If not, then no great loss. There are plenty of other Skylander figures that I don't have. I know that I won't be paying eBay prices to get it.
#22 Posted: 10:56:09 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Whatever you guys in Europe dont get , us Tuff Luck fellas in Africa will get even less .

You got Series 2 Drobot and the entire last wave of Skylanders Giants, right? Well, over here... I'm going ot be honnest but I've never held a Series 2 Drobot in real...
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#23 Posted: 02:53:22 29/08/2014
I dought it also...but you never know what Activision will do. The only thing can suggest is for all those that would like them to be put him in stores (and spyroflame0487's idea of a each color going to a different store is a good idea) is to flood there facebook page with request. Might not work...but hay...its worth a shot. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me