darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Proyect: Modding an xbox 360 portal to work on wii or wii u
Page 1 of 1
Proyect: Modding an xbox 360 portal to work on wii or wii u [CLOSED]
elchele Red Sparx Gems: 25
#1 Posted: 01:56:34 25/08/2014 | Topic Creator
First of all hi to everyone, this is my first post.

I have a background on programming but i like most fix broken stuff or mess around with hardware.

Now here is my proyect: For like a year now i've been collectin skylanders since i have the first 4 games: spyros adventure wii and 3ds, and giants wiiu and 3ds, sometimes in my country on a 2nd hand store i can get starters packages really cheap (once i got an xbox 360 for like 5 bucks), so i have like 5 differents portals.

But recently i got finally a swapforce starter pack but for xbox 360 (the one system i dont have), now i think i can get the swapforce game for the systems i have, but i will still need a portal so in order to not buy a new one im thinking on modding my xbox 360 swapforce portal.

My theory is that i just need to change the usb conector and then add a normal one to make it work with wii or wii u.

Has anyone tried this?? please let me know becouse i don't have any use for an xbox portal thats why im willing to mess around with it.

Hope to get some opinions from you all.
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2 Posted: 01:04:08 26/08/2014
I don't see swapping the usb end as something that would work. I would venture as to guess its a driver that is required for the 2 portals types (xbox/Wii Ps4 3ds), nothing hardware based.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#3 Posted: 22:34:14 26/08/2014
From what I've read, the XBox 360 portal has a custom security chip that either encrypts or at least handshakes signals with the console. Officially, your portal is only compatible with the X360. My guess is that you would have to somehow bypass this chip (solder around it? remove power from it?). I don't know if this could be done without destroying the portal...

General info on the security chip:

http://www.infineon.com/cms/en...005/143407.html
elchele Red Sparx Gems: 25
#4 Posted: 19:23:38 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys, apparently is a dead end then, too bad, i really though the only difference was the wire of the cable.
Well yesterday i found a used swapforce portal for wii/wiiu/ps3 for 5 bucks, now i just need to find a game only deal for wii or wii u and i´ll be set.

Sadly yesterday one of my two thumback died, i don´t really know why but that will be other topic.

Thanks again!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me