Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > The Legend of Spyro: Return of the Dragon
Page 1 of 1
The Legend of Spyro: Return of the Dragon [CLOSED]
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#1 Posted: 15:39:02 24/08/2014 | Topic Creator
This story will begin immediately, but let me say the plot first.

Spyro and Cynder have saved the world from destruction and Malefor has been destroyed. The forces of evil have also been mostly crushed, but some of them still live. These few have been forced into hiding, having no leader. The many cities and villages have been preparing their armies for a battle against these forces. Spyro and Cynder have been assumed dead, but hope still remains that they might return to fight off the evil that threatens the world.

This takes place five years after Dawn of the Dragon.

PROLOGUE
Five years ago...

Malefor blasted a beam of energy towards Spyro and Cynder. The two dragons equaled Malefor's power. Malefor's confusion and shock allowed the two young dragons to easily overpower him. He roared in rage and fury. The world was being destroyed! The two dragons could surely do nothing about that, could they? Malefor was sucked into the dark crystal in the center of the world, where he saw his whole life flash before his eyes.

"You could have followed the right path Malefor," a voice echoed. "You could have lived. But you decided to choose the path of evil. These are the consequences."

Malefor watched as a younger him, about Spyro's age, was bullied by a red dragon.

"Purple is a girly color!" Emberstrike taunted. "You should be red like ME. Not purple."

A group of red dragons had burst out laughing then. Malefor watched as this scene played out before him. He remembered this. He had been furious with these dragons and blasted them with the same beam that he had blasted at Cynder and Spyro.

"Let me have another chance, please!" Malefor cried. "I don't want to see any more."

"You have chosen this path, Malefor," the voice continued. "You cannot turn back now."

Malefor watched as his life continued to play out before his eyes. He roared in pain and agony. When at last his death played out before him, everything was gone. But the voice continued.

"You can have another chance," it whispered. "You will remember nothing of this life. Your new life begins now."

END OF PROLOGUE

I feel creative so I will post chapter one.

ONE

Two dragons lay unconscious in a valley, a remote valley in the new world they had created. Eight mountains loomed around them, each with a cave at the bottom. There were two totems at the mouth of each cave. The totems depicted a scene, each one different from the others. The totems in front of one cave depicted hills rising from the earth. Another pair showed wind pushing sand around a desert. Another showed fire burning, while another showed mountains tipped with ice and snow. Another showed shadows and another depicted a cobra about to bite. Another showed lightning and another showed inhabitants of a city bowing to a huge dragon. And there was one totem in the middle of the valley that depicted two dragons blasting beams of light at the same dragon that was shown on the totem with the city. This was the valley of the ancients. Spyro began to wake. He woke to see the mountains around him.

"What is this place?" he wondered. "Where are we?"

Cynder woke as well. She looked at the caves.

"Our elements!" she gasped. "Fire, Electricity, Ice, Earth, Poison, Fear, Wind, Shadow! They're all here!"

Spyro looked and saw Cynder was right. He went into the cave with the totems showing Ice. He noticed it was empty.

"I think they're for us!" Spyro exclaimed. "The caves, I mean."

Cynder flew up to see the new world she and Spyro had created.

"Spyro, come here!" she called.

The world was beautiful. The sun was setting, casting a fiery glow across the world. Mountains rose above the clouds, snow and ice covering their peaks. A river ran across the land, glistening red in the light. A forest could be seen nearby, and a single volcano rose to the north, offering heat to the land beneath it. The world had been broken apart, but life had been returned to it. Birdsong filled the sky, convincing Spyro that the world was now peaceful.

"It's beautiful," said Spyro.

"Isn't it?" said another voice. "I wonder what happened to the two dragons that created it... Volteer told me about them."

Spyro turned to see a purple dragon about his age. The other dragon looked as if he was lost.

"We are those two dragons," said Spyro.

The dragon stared at Spyro in shock. He looked as if he had seen a spirit.

"But Volteer said you were dead!" he said. "Everyone said, 'It's a shame those young dragons died, they could have helped us,' but you're alive! Come on, the city needs you!"

Spyro followed the young dragon, Cynder trailing close behind.

"Oh, and by the way, my name is Malefor," the young dragon said.

Spyro kept following Malefor, pondering his name. Maybe his mother wanted to name him after the dark master because he was purple? Spyro shook his head. It must be a coincidence. The dragons flew over the forest, seeing the valley of Avalar, safe and peaceful. Cheif Prowlus spotted the dragons flying overhead and gave a joyous shout.

"The great purple dragon has returned!" he cried. "Rejoice! The purple dragon has returned! Spyro has returned!"

The rest of the cheetahs looked to the sky and saw them. The village was alive with celebration. The cheetahs cheered, and there were exclamations of "He's alive!" "Is Cynder with him?" "Move out of the way!" and "Spyro is back!"

"We will celebrate Spyro and Cynder's return!" Prowlus called to the village.

Spyro waved at the cheetahs, smiling at their happiness. It seemed like only yesterday they had locked him and Cynder up, yet now they were celebrating their mere passing by. Malefor lead them past Avalar to Warfang.

"I'll go get Volteer!" Malefor said excitedly.

The little dragon flew off, and Spyro gazed in awe upon the vast city. It had become much larger since he had last seen it. It hadn't reached anywhere near Avalar, but now huge golden gates stood about ten meters away from the cheetah village. Volteer and Malefor soon came flying out these gates.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#2 Posted: 09:23:12 28/08/2014
Nice start, it's a good interesting plot, I'd like to read more, how long do you think each chapter will take?
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#3 Posted: 20:58:15 28/08/2014
it's quite interesting, I was honestly expecting more of a startled reaction from Spyro and Cynder. But still continue.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#4 Posted: 18:51:23 01/09/2014 | Topic Creator
The chapters will be posted every now and then when I can post them. I can't think of what to put in the nxt chapter, but I'll be switching from Spyro to Cynder to Malefor's point of view. So chapter one was Spyro, so chapter two will be Cynder, and by chapter three they should be going somewhere to do something in Malefor's point of view.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#5 Posted: 19:37:14 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
TWO

Cynder knew she should be smiling at Volteer, but she couldn't help thinking about how he cast barely a glance her way. Anger began to fill her, and her evil side almost burst forth. Almost. Cynder managed to push her darkness down for the thousandth time. She pushed her thoughts from Volteer to Malefor. His name. The exact same name as her Dark Master. The exact same name as the one who had forced her against Spyro. Spyro. The purple dragon showed no memory of Cynder's words, yet it had been so hard for her to say them. After all they'd been through, he knew nothing of her love. It was frustrating.

"Spyro, we should get moving," Cynder said.

Volteer led the group into the city. Terrador and a younger red dragoness came flying towards them. Terrador nodded towards Cynder, then began to greet Spyro warmly. Cynder wanted to attack him, but she held back.

"This is Flare," Terrador said, gesturing towards the dragoness. "She will be Ignitus' replacement. We're confident that even though we've never had a female guardian she is skilled enough to replace our old friend. No others were near good enough."

Flare smiled warmly at Cynder before turning the same friendly gesture towards Spyro. Cynder liked her immediately.

"I also recruited a dark guardian," Terrador added. "So that Cynder could train."

A sleek black dragoness stepped out of the shadows. She greeted Cynder and brought her to a training arena.

"Let's begin with Poison," she said. "Show me what you got."

Cynder froze. She wasn't sure how to deliver this news.

"Well um..." Cynder began. "I kinda... We sort of... Lost our powers. We used them to save the world. And... Well..."

"I get it," the dragoness said smiling. "I'm AshWing, but you can call me Ashy. I lost my powers the same way once. I had to use them to revive a dragon. She was my sister, but I needed the powers of a Purple Dragon as well to do so. It took a year of daily mana... Chamber visits? I dunno. I was sent to a chamber with a mana crystal in the centre. I was told to draw strength from it."

Cynder was mystified. She wanted to do this, to regain her powers.

"Where was the chamber?" Cynder asked. "Can I get my powers back, Ashy?"

"It was in the ancient city of shadows, Serpent's Grotto," Ashy replied. "Maybe you should take Malefor and go there. I should probably warn you, it is now inhabited only by snakes. They were always a problem, but now more than ever I'm sure."

Cynder flew off to find the others.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
Bluh Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#6 Posted: 01:59:19 28/09/2014
Great story! Can't wait for the next chapter smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me