Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 46 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2251 Posted: 20:40:20 03/03/2019
The uncanny valley is real with the faces, but it's a bit better than realistic animals with mouth flaps, I feel.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2252 Posted: 21:30:55 11/03/2019
This may not be an unpopular opinion in that people will disagree, but more so hate it for not being pro-classic Spyro, but

The world of Skylands is much more creative then Classic Spyro's world. Yeah, Classic's is great but the ideas are a bit more.....plain, when compared to Skylands.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:32 11/03/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
#2253 Posted: 23:23:58 11/03/2019
The team is also huge in comparison and they have time to write lore, share crazy ideas, etc. Apples and oranges really.

However, compared to AHT... Yeah it's pretty apt. Eurocom is/was nothing to scoff at but everything is pretty bare bones, so much that Shadow Legacy had to fill in the holes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:37 11/03/2019 by Bifrost
#2254 Posted: 23:59:36 11/03/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
This may not be an unpopular opinion in that people will disagree, but more so hate it for it being pro-classic Spyro, but

The world of Skylands is much more creative then Classic Spyro's world. Yeah, Classic's is great but the ideas are a bit more.....plain, when compared to Skylands.

To be fair, you have to take into account the limitations of the hardware from that era.

Plus, Skylanders took inspiration from Classic Spyro with its worlds and atmosphere, so it seems kind of pointless to say this regardless since they were obviously going to build upon what was already there. :/

Yeah,after posting that I thought through it more and, yeah, hardware limitations did play a factor in the worlds they could make.

And, ALSO a good point.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2255 Posted: 05:50:40 12/03/2019
I do joke about Skylanders being **** sometimes, but honestly I've played the first two and I don't think they're that bad. I'm indifferent to them, and I appreciate/respect that people like those games. They're similar to the classic games, but they're personally not my cup of tea!
Sorry if I come across like I hate Skylanders sometimes. I'll try to stop the jokes if it bothers people. ><;

And I 100% agree with Sess' latest comment too. ;;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#2256 Posted: 12:08:26 12/03/2019
Quote: Bolt
I do joke about Skylanders being **** sometimes, but honestly I've played the first two and I don't think they're that bad. I'm indifferent to them, and I appreciate/respect that people like those games. They're similar to the classic games, but they're personally not my cup of tea!
Sorry if I come across like I hate Skylanders sometimes. I'll try to stop the jokes if it bothers people. ><;

This pretty much.
I've given the games a chance, but isometric camera angles and hack-and-slash gameplay are not my thing. That said, I really do appreciate the world building, background lore, and character depth those games have and can see why people do enjoy the franchise and respect those sentiments.

I'm not going to respond to those previous comments. HIHD and Sess, I'm not going to argue with those statements, but just- bah, forget it.
---
NoUb
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2257 Posted: 15:15:10 18/03/2019
Audiences cheering and clapping during a movie makes the movie watching experience infinitely better. I don't wanna go into a movie like Avengers: Infinity War or Jurassic World with the audience being completely dead silent about a movie they've been hyped to see(which did happen when I saw both of those movies and was awful watching it that way). Especially in the MCU's case.
---
Cool cool.
#2258 Posted: 16:27:16 18/03/2019
I don't like the cheering that much because some people never know when to stop(it's not like theatre where the actors will wait), but clapping at the end and laughing along helps a lot with atmosphere.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2259 Posted: 22:51:45 18/03/2019 | Topic Creator
The normalization of depression is a problem. TBH it seems like everybody has it now and the jokes are always gonna make it seem less serious. A lot of people don't even know what it is or if they even have it. I'm writing this because I just randomly started feeling emotionless
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2260 Posted: 01:55:33 21/03/2019
What about Despacito 2
---
Bruh
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2261 Posted: 14:11:47 26/03/2019
i dont know if this is actually unpopular but it sure feels like it

judging people on the distant past when theyve very clearly changed seems extremely unfair to me. todays society feels like it hold so many people up, then completely demolishes them based on past actions. while some of these are definitely deserved (i.e. kevin spacey, logan paul), there are also very many that seem unwarranted since the person in question or society itself has clearly changed, such as james gunn. his jokes were offensive and should not have been condoned, but he has very clearly changed from the person that made those kinds of comments 10+ years ago. i was super transphobic in the past, but now im trans myself. by that same logic some have of people not changing in regards to stuff like that, it would mean i myself am transphobic against myself and others like me, which couldnt be farther from the truth.

another offshoot of this logic that bothers me is the “sins of the father” argument that i see going around. my first example is how ive seen a growing number of people hoping to boycott disney over racist stereotypes in movies like Song of the South and Lady and the Tramp. once again, the actions portrayed shouldnt be supported, but the studio itself was in a different era, where thinks like that were considered to be okay. if anything, i think these kinds of things should be a lesson on how society has changed and how to prevent these kinds of awful and harmful depictions, rather than flat out erasure.
the entire “boycott Krispy Kreme/Panera/Dr. Pepper/lots of other foodstuffs” thing falls into the same camp. the people behind those corporations were literally so shocked about this that they gave millions to charity. they arent nazis themselves, despite having family members that were, but the ones that were are dead and gone, and the ones in charge now obviously dont carry those same ideals. it seems ridiculous that, even after donating millions, people are still clamoring for a more severe punishment. you dont pick your ancestors, why should they have to atone for something they didnt do, even despite already giving some of what they had?
#2262 Posted: 19:57:53 05/04/2019
Using mental illness as an excuse. I used to be there, I used to be that person, but now I think it's bull****. imo you are not a "strong person" for dealing with a mental illness, you are only strong when you push yourself to overcome it and try to get yourself out of it. I've realised that wallowing in your sadness does nothing for yourself or others, everyone has problems and a lot of people have it worse than you and yet they still deal with the everyday and get themselves out there and don't just wallow in pity at home.
I may be sounding harsh, but I've come to have no sympathy for people who refuse to get out of the situation that makes them sad. I've been burnt by them too many times.

"I'm sad I can't work." Yeah, but doing something makes you feel better. Sitting at home all day does nothing for you at all. It'll make you more sad. :T
---
I draw stuff.
#2263 Posted: 02:24:58 06/04/2019
Using mental illness as an excuse. I used to be there, I used to be that person, but now I think it's bull****. imo you are not a "strong person" for dealing with a mental illness, you are only strong when you push yourself to overcome it and try to get yourself out of it. I've realised that wallowing in your sadness does nothing for yourself or others, everyone has problems and a lot of people have it worse than you and yet they still deal with the everyday and get themselves out there and don't just wallow in pity at home.
I may be sounding harsh, but I've come to have no sympathy for people who refuse to get out of the situation that makes them sad. I've been burnt by them too many times.

"I'm sad I can't work." Yeah, but doing something makes you feel better. Sitting at home all day does nothing for you at all. It'll make you more sad. :T

Where's the clapping emoji when you need it
---
Cool cool.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2264 Posted: 09:59:27 06/04/2019
April Henry’s books have been anti-climactic and tropey so far.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#2265 Posted: 20:47:52 08/04/2019
Beyonce's music is overrated and she isn't a goddess among humans or whatever.
#2266 Posted: 00:49:00 09/04/2019
Quote: Vespi

run

run while you still can

they will find you
---
Cool cool.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2267 Posted: 01:02:41 09/04/2019
im beyonce
#2268 Posted: 01:53:34 09/04/2019 | Topic Creator

honestly I always felt this way but I'm also afraid to say this in this site specifically
#2269 Posted: 20:01:43 10/04/2019
While I'll admit to being a tad disappointed with Scar's design in the Lion King remake, and I will miss Jeremy Irons' voice, I still like how Scar looks and sounds and feel that people are being a bit unreasonable complaining about it like they are. :/

At least I can tell that he's supposed to be Scar in terms of both appearance and voice, unlike whatever the hell the remake of Aladdin is doing with Jafar. *shrug*

Also, this might not necessarily be an "unpopular opinion" per se, but the remake of The Lion King looks a million times better than both the Aladdin and Dumbo remakes, imo.

I'm of the unpopular opinion that both live action remakes look god awful.
#2270 Posted: 20:18:27 10/04/2019
I'm of the unpopular opinion that both live action remakes look god awful.

I hope you aren't saying that Lion King looks "god awful", because the visuals are absolutely fantastic. (I'm not talking about overall quality here, mind you, as there's no way of me knowing how good the remake is as a whole without having watched it)

Oh no, I agree the visuals look excellent. It shows a clear step up over Jungle Book, which was already great.
I just don't think there's any way it will live up to the legacy of the original, and I don't think it's necessary since the original still stands on its own, just like all the other Disney animated films. I guess I just think all the live action versions are cheap cash grabs that look pretty that are simply piggybacking off of the originals because they don't have any other ideas, and it's guaranteed money for Disney.
#2271 Posted: 20:55:20 10/04/2019
lol if we're talking about live action remakes ... Scooby Doo is the best live action remake and you can't change my mind.

( And I think the argument about Disney lacking originality comes from the fact that they're only making these remakes and sequels at this point. Don't know how true that is because I've honestly completely lost interest in Disney, and, well, just films as a whole at this point, but that's the argument I've heard? But seriously, Disney has never really been "original" in the first place, most of their films are based off books and fabels (which isnt a bad thing by any means) and TLK was supposedly their first ever original story ... despite the fact that it clearly ripped off Kimba ;p )
---
I draw stuff.
#2272 Posted: 21:33:41 10/04/2019
My problem with remakes is exactly when they are too similar to the original. Like what's the point, just re-release the original in IMAX or something then. That's more the case with Beauty and the Beast. If you're gonna remake a movie then do something new and different, bold and risky. Nobody's gonna care if it's bad then, at least the original is still there and the remake is gonna just have a value on its own. And nobody is gonna ask you to live up to the original because trying to recreate what made the original good is not the intention, it would be to just create a different interpretation of that story.
---
Bruh
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:37:22 10/04/2019 by Crash10
#2273 Posted: 23:22:14 10/04/2019
Quote: Crash10
My problem with remakes is exactly when they are too similar to the original. Like what's the point, just re-release the original in IMAX or something then. That's more the case with Beauty and the Beast. If you're gonna remake a movie then do something new and different, bold and risky. Nobody's gonna care if it's bad then, at least the original is still there and the remake is gonna just have a value on its own. And nobody is gonna ask you to live up to the original because trying to recreate what made the original good is not the intention, it would be to just create a different interpretation of that story.

^That
Plus they just feel soulless. I can understand remakes for things that haven't held up over time, for movies, games, and shows, but some get remade with no love or care just for the money.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2274 Posted: 01:28:19 11/04/2019
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=88918

Um excuse me, this is the best Lion King remake.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#2275 Posted: 03:19:26 11/04/2019
Worth mentioning I'm looking forward to the Lion King remake, mostly because the original composers are back. While I have my worries about how much it will just copy and paste from the animated version like Beauty and the Beast did, I wanna give it a fair chance. The mix of techniques they're using are promising and might even work in an original movie.
---
Bruh
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#2276 Posted: 03:30:32 11/04/2019
i find the remakes very frustrating and cash grabby (mostly because there are so many in such a short time frame) but i dont think that automatically makes them bad. ill probably see the lion king when it comes out, it looks good. i enjoyed the batb remake as well. dont really care about the rest tbh
#2277 Posted: 07:35:16 11/04/2019
^ yeah. doubt ill ever watch it though to be honest. im indifferent towards these films. everyone on the internet seems to hate them, but people i know irl really seem to like them. if they make someone happy then i think they're worth it. c:

Quote: Crash10

GOOD POST
---
I draw stuff.
#2278 Posted: 06:06:29 20/04/2019
While I'm at it and full of Not So Hot Takes™ tonight, I'm just gonna throw this out there.

As a trans woman myself, I find drag to be horribly demeaning and insensitive in some ways. There's nothing about it that I personally find "empowering", and I don't think it should be put up on a pedestal as much as it is in the LGBT community. If the person is actually trans? Great! I'm glad there's that representation out there, but half the time it feels like the struggles of trans men and women are objectified for entertainment purposes and I really don't think that's okay.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#2279 Posted: 15:34:40 20/04/2019
i agree wholeheartedly. i always thought drag was pretty thinly veiled transphobia and in some ways sexism. i feel like because of drag queens trans women arent taken seriously and thats honestly just terrible.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#2280 Posted: 00:36:26 27/04/2019
Despite how good Star vs the Forces of Evil has gotten (pls watch it’s really good in season 3 and 4 especially) the humour they’re going for holds it back tremendously.

Related to SVTFOE, Glossaryck is the worst character. He embodies my main gripe with Adventure Time; being way too vague in an attempt to be meaningful. I think.
---
Soon.
#2281 Posted: 18:48:46 27/04/2019 | Topic Creator
people are told to like stan lee but dont really know what he did. like hes important part of comic book history but he was a co-writer who helped make stories and characters with jack kirby and steve ditko. the thing is back then comics were drawn first most of stan lees job was to fill in the bubbles or kirbys and ditkos art. actually that last sentence was a kinda a lie. lee gave the artist a vague plot or idea that the artist drew up with steve adding the corny 60s lingo. lee was really just a company man who kinda screwed over the artist who made very very little. then again old comic book writers are kooky people.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:19 27/04/2019 by somePerson
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#2282 Posted: 05:26:29 07/05/2019

agreed
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#2283 Posted: 05:57:01 16/05/2019
People with small body types =/= loli
Trans people =/= traps
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2284 Posted: 02:31:00 31/05/2019
not unpopular outside of tumblr/twitter but female characters who wear skimpy clothing and have breasts are not always sexist and drawing yuri and slapping "LOOK AT THESE POWERFUL LESBIANS uwu" on it is not edgy or progressive anymore
especially when it's two girls who have never interacted before like ok ur just drawing crack pairings
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:32:22 31/05/2019 by Carmelita Fox
#2285 Posted: 22:08:27 04/06/2019
Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but Modern Society is chock thucking full of double standards and we all know it, even if we deny it. That's not to say previous eras didn't, but they're especially prevalent today when it comes to politics, and social justice warrior crap.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:09:29 04/06/2019 by HeyitsHotDog
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2286 Posted: 05:38:45 05/06/2019
Vanilla Skyrim is decent
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2287 Posted: 11:35:09 05/06/2019
Rodan was objectively the best monster in the new Godzilla movie
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
First | Previous | Page 46 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me