Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 45 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2201 Posted: 21:41:16 10/12/2018
Venom is not a "fun mess." It's just a mess. End of story.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2202 Posted: 21:53:28 10/12/2018
At least Venom himself has a cool design smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#2203 Posted: 15:48:20 12/12/2018
Remakes and reboots do not ruin the originals or your childhood/nostalgia. People say that as if the originals or their memories of the originals are replaced or lost forever.
#2204 Posted: 17:49:38 12/12/2018
Education should be about what you're passionate about, not about the money.
---
#2205 Posted: 23:48:25 13/12/2018
"It's too political" or "They shoved politics/social commentary into it" is not a valid criticism for a work of entertainment.

When people say that, what they really mean is "I disagree with the viewpoint expressed in this work." They just don't have the spine to say it.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2206 Posted: 01:11:19 14/12/2018
Quote: Metallo
"It's too political" or "They shoved politics/social commentary into it" is not a valid criticism for a work of entertainment.

When people say that, what they really mean is "I disagree with the viewpoint expressed in this work." They just don't have the spine to say it.

UNLESS it's a case where the content literally goes into a screeching halt to talk about some politics issue, also known as a Very Special Episode when it's a show. But we just call that by several other terms that are much more specific, like the writers using the show as their soapbox.

Otherwise yeah, having sociopolitical issues =/= bad. Using them in a plot that's not about those issues... Maybe rethink the presentation.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:07 14/12/2018 by Bifrost
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#2207 Posted: 06:42:39 14/12/2018

i'm only going to apply this to YouTube rewind, because otherwise, i do agree with political commentary (not propaganda) incorporated into entertainment.

the second part of your post is a pretty hasty generalization. i agree with their ideology on representing minorities, it's just that the message they were sending felt "off" for such a corporate event. more pandering than advocation.

also i understand that the political message was of acceptance and inclusion so it's not like they're shoving extremist viewpoints down our throats. my previous post was a little vague and out of impulse, so this explains it more meticulously.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2208 Posted: 13:54:09 14/12/2018

Yeah that makes sense

No I'm not being sarcastic that's a good point

-------

I honestly feel kinda alone when it comes to The Lego Movie 2, I feel kinda alone in wanting to see it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#2209 Posted: 23:16:15 15/12/2018
If it was up to me official music videos in YouTube wouldn't count as views. And I think this way because vast majority just put them on as a background music and do not watch the video itself hence destroying the basic idea of the video existing in the first place.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2210 Posted: 07:20:38 16/12/2018
Quote: Project_Unnamed
If it was up to me official music videos in YouTube wouldn't count as views. And I think this way because vast majority just put them on as a background music and do not watch the video itself hence destroying the basic idea of the video existing in the first place.

some people do really watch the music videos though...
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#2211 Posted: 01:51:35 19/12/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

Of course I understad that there are people who like to watch them. But are their watching-first contributions statistically interesting enought to claim the price for being authentic views over the people who just put them on for easy listen?
---
#2212 Posted: 08:53:47 19/12/2018

Of course I understad that there are people who like to watch them. But are their watching-first contributions statistically interesting enought to claim the price for being authentic views over the people who just put them on for easy listen?

well..yeah.

i like to put on documentaries or even just random videos while i do my homework. i dont understand how just simply listening to the video shouldn't count for a view? some videos, like asmr, exist simply because people just like to listen to them.

unless i completely understood your point, and that you're trying to say that the official accounts of artists who make the music shouldn't counted as one of the many top channels because their music videos?
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#2213 Posted: 11:16:41 19/12/2018

So, are you saying they should instead think of a different view-system for music videos to compensate for the change, or simply remove views from them altogether?

It's interesting to think what kind of effects this would actually have, as most people who upload music to Youtube already do it for free. Despite the amount of views they get they can't claim revenue from the videos since the songs are not their intellectual property.
In this sense, only actual artists and the related record companies gain from views monetarily. If they were to be removed, only these legitimate music creators would suffer. It would essentially force them to upload their music for exposure alone, for free, which could lead to many of them simply pulling out.

Furthermore, there's the question of what else falls under this category of "videos that are not actually viewed". There's a massive variety of them, of course, and technically any video could be listened to without viewing it. Hell, at any point in time you could just press play on one of them and walk out of the room. There is absolutely no way of reliably telling which view counts and which don't. So where would you draw the line? Would lecture videos count? How about video game reviews? You couldn't hope to find a consistent solution that pleased everybody.

Of course you could just rename views as "plays" or something, but where's the fun in that?
#2214 Posted: 13:49:07 19/12/2018
Quote: Samius

So, are you saying they should instead think of a different view-system for music videos to compensate for the change, or simply remove views from them altogether?

It's interesting to think what kind of effects this would actually have, as most people who upload music to Youtube already do it for free. Despite the amount of views they get they can't claim revenue from the videos since the songs are not their intellectual property.
In this sense, only actual artists and the related record companies gain from views monetarily. If they were to be removed, only these legitimate music creators would suffer. It would essentially force them to upload their music for exposure alone, for free, which could lead to many of them simply pulling out.

Furthermore, there's the question of what else falls under this category of "videos that are not actually viewed". There's a massive variety of them, of course, and technically any video could be listened to without viewing it. Hell, at any point in time you could just press play on one of them and walk out of the room. There is absolutely no way of reliably telling which view counts and which don't. So where would you draw the line? Would lecture videos count? How about video game reviews? You couldn't hope to find a consistent solution that pleased everybody.

Of course you could just rename views as "plays" or something, but where's the fun in that?

I only apply my twisted logic to music videos. I have always felt that publishing most-viewed YouTube video lists and promoting those said lists on media etc. are highly uninteresting since they are basically alternative means to promote official record labels' products rather than actually providing information to public about interesting independent content creators.

It is more about semantics, maybe even poor semantics at best.
---
#2215 Posted: 05:02:13 20/12/2018
The Reach does indeed belong to the Forsworn.

Still fun to kill them though.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2216 Posted: 22:35:14 21/12/2018
I don't understand why when something "plays it safe," that's always seen as a negative. Sometimes playing it safe is exactly what a series or franchise needs in order to get back on track. There's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Probably a bunch of examples but the immediate example I can think of is Megaman 11. I've seen so many people say the game plays it too safe and that it's a problem with the game, without even considering that not only is this the first new Megaman game in a decade but it's one that came out and did exponentially better than the whole Mighty No. 9 fiasco. They weren't going to risk trying to revolutionize or experiment with Megaman for his first outing in like eight years, they had to play it safe. Which is perfectly fine. There's a reason a formula works.
---
Cool cool.
#2217 Posted: 05:37:59 29/12/2018
It should be legal to eat horse, dammit.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2218 Posted: 20:15:35 29/12/2018
mmmmm horse yummey
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#2219 Posted: 11:42:54 31/12/2018
New Years is one of the least exiting things in all of history. The first day of every year is just an ordinary day except people are more exited about something that doesn't matter.

Or I just "don't understand" or something like that.

At least it's not as bad as my birthday and I'm not the center of attention.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:44:09 31/12/2018 by exefile
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2220 Posted: 18:13:12 02/01/2019
The Reach does indeed belong to the Forsworn.

Still fun to kill them though.

no it does not

the reach, along with all of tamriel, belongs to sithis
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:35 02/01/2019 by Chompy-King257
#2221 Posted: 21:49:01 03/01/2019
i like channels that review animated movies, but i cant stand the ones that clearly have a huge boner for disney. disney is nice and all, but they have done things wrong so many times.

i have loving rebeltaxi more and more actually. i can't believe i used to dislike him. i cant even remember why
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2222 Posted: 01:36:50 14/01/2019
I don't like rap music at all. :T
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2223 Posted: 16:37:52 17/01/2019
The Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies are hugely overrated, and the suit from those movies is super gaudy.
#2224 Posted: 16:52:11 17/01/2019
Books made purely for serialization are not art. Books that are art are made out of passion and not solely for profit.
---
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#2225 Posted: 05:31:37 27/01/2019
the disney ride stitch's great escape was actually fun and i liked it

it didnt deserve to die the way it did at least
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2226 Posted: 01:23:59 30/01/2019
canada is ugly
#2227 Posted: 19:38:24 30/01/2019
Quote: Carmelita Fox
canada is ugly

“Sorry, eh” -Canadians apologizing for offending Carmelita
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2228 Posted: 00:12:51 02/02/2019
Animals are, like, just okay...

I'm sorry, I'm not an animal lover! I've had one pet my entire life and she was too old for me to get attached by the time I really could. My favorite characters in fiction have always been humans/humanoid. I get that makes me a very boring person to most people, but I just don't have a strong connection to animals. Not to say that I don't understand. Animals are cute, sometimes. I just am not as attached to them as other people and it makes me feel weird.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2229 Posted: 00:59:25 02/02/2019
There hasn't been a single good Fast and the Furious movie.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2230 Posted: 18:52:19 08/02/2019
You can't be a true Pokemon fan, and only like Gen One.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2231 Posted: 21:22:13 08/02/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I disagree. There’s no such thing as a “true fan”
#2232 Posted: 01:57:12 11/02/2019
Quote: TheToyNerd

sooooo truuuueeeeee
---
#2233 Posted: 15:37:37 13/02/2019
Quote: TheToyNerd

I'll rephrase it for him

You can't be a Pokemon fan and only like Gen One
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2234 Posted: 15:59:12 13/02/2019
You can't be a Pokemon fan and only like Gen One.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2235 Posted: 18:57:54 13/02/2019
You can't be a Pokemon fan and only like Gen One.

That's really stupid though... Of course they can still be a fan of Pokemon and only like Gen One. That's like me saying you can't call yourself a true Transformers fan if your only experience with the franchise was Beast Wars or something. You're still a fan of that franchise, you just haven't played/liked a lot of the other incarnations.

Gatekeeping is dumb, imo
#2236 Posted: 19:08:21 13/02/2019
Yeah nah, I'm not even into Pokemon, but I kinda agree with hihd on this one. Imo if you don't like the rest of Pokemon then you're just a gen one fan, not a Pokemon fan as a whole because you hate the rest of it. How can you be a fan if you hate the majority of it.
---
I draw stuff.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#2237 Posted: 20:54:44 13/02/2019
I consider myself a fan of Disgaea even though I've only played Hour of Darkness and I'm pretty sure it'll take me at least another month to complete just this game. I've played it for over 135 hours so far. Should I stop calling myself a fan of Disgaea?
#2238 Posted: 23:25:52 13/02/2019
Quote: Bolt
Yeah nah, I'm not even into Pokemon, but I kinda agree with hihd on this one. Imo if you don't like the rest of Pokemon then you're just a gen one fan, not a Pokemon fan as a whole because you hate the rest of it. How can you be a fan if you hate the majority of it.

That’s just semantics, though. You’re still a fan of Pokémon the game. The fact that it’s only one game doesn’t change the fact that you’re still a fan of it.

I’m sorry to argue on this so much, but it was just a weird statement that came across as pointless gatekeeping to me
#2239 Posted: 01:25:10 14/02/2019
The **** have I started here?
---
#2240 Posted: 01:31:09 14/02/2019
damnit hihd next time keep your mouth shut
---
I draw stuff.
#2241 Posted: 01:50:57 14/02/2019
I’m sorry for starting trouble. I think I understand what you mean and I’ll stop arguing about it
#2242 Posted: 16:25:29 14/02/2019
Honestly I feel like I should be getting yelled at here, since I said the phrase first sooooo
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2243 Posted: 07:25:25 16/02/2019 | Topic Creator
poop smells
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2244 Posted: 14:43:07 25/02/2019
Don't Stop Believing by Journey is a bad song and is horribly overplayed to the absolute max and I'm tired of hearing it
---
Cool cool.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2245 Posted: 15:08:00 03/03/2019
Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle > Jungle Book 2016.

As much as the Jungle Book isn't bad, wow the sheer rawness of the Andy Serkis movie is so good. Disney was way too safe in that movie and seeing the deaths and the really good grayness of the whole thing was so refreshing compared to songs and unsurprising "make everyone happy" ending.

also Bagheera and Baloo are pretty much a couple in Mowgli and I love it
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
First | Previous | Page 45 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me