Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 43 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2101 Posted: 17:56:45 05/08/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456

-Respect for people should not be earned. The only reason someone should ever have to earn respect is if they have to earn it back. Respect for others should always be lost first, not earned and then lost.

I can get behind this. Respect everyone until they give you a reason not to
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2102 Posted: 17:12:13 07/08/2018
The Mandela effect doesn't exist and any people saying it does because they something thought something different from how it actually is are in just denial that they're wrong on something.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2103 Posted: 05:56:22 11/08/2018
people who say they wish they could just never work or study and just sit at home

because as someone who has been looking for work and literally having a no work or study life since December last year, you do not want to do that. its a really depressing lifestyle and even lonely if your other friends are ether working a lot or studying still
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2104 Posted: 17:38:18 11/08/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
people who say they wish they could just never work or study and just sit at home

because as someone who has been looking for work and literally having a no work or study life since December last year, you do not want to do that. its a really depressing lifestyle and even lonely if your other friends are ether working a lot or studying still

This, oh my god.
Half of last year after my apprenticeship with my step dad fell through, I was stuck at home looking for work for around four months, and I can tell you it was the most awful time of my life (so far lol). People can't just sit at home all day doing nothing, they need a purpose. Working, studying, raising a family, that all gives your life purpose and meaning. Of course people can still be depressed at work or study, especially if it's something they don't want to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than being alone with your thoughts doing nothing at home all day.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2105 Posted: 14:06:36 13/08/2018
A "cringe fandom" doesn't ruin the original product. The fact people even think that just bugs me so much
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2106 Posted: 22:37:11 13/08/2018
Quote: kardonis
A "cringe fandom" doesn't ruin the original product. The fact people even think that just bugs me so much

OH MY GOD THIS!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2107 Posted: 22:42:44 13/08/2018
Hmm, are these even unpopular opinions at this point because lately I've agreed with every single one of them lol.
---
I draw stuff.
#2108 Posted: 22:45:22 13/08/2018
The Shape of Water is terrible, and shouldn't have gotten an oscar

And yes, I have seen it now, I still think it's bad
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2109 Posted: 20:41:37 17/08/2018
Quote: FedUpWolf
There isn't anything wrong with being average looking.

How is this an unpopular opinion? The only people I can think of who disagree are incels.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#2110 Posted: 16:14:53 18/08/2018
Being right is more important than doing the right thing.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2111 Posted: 13:21:12 21/08/2018
New Spongebob isn’t as good as everyone says it is from a writing perspective. Animation is weird, expressive and fun, though.

———

I don’t like drag queens. That culture confuses me and I want no part of it whatsoever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:02:20 21/08/2018 by TheToyNerd
#2112 Posted: 00:28:16 22/08/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
I don’t like drag queens. That culture confuses me and I want no part of it whatsoever.

Then stop dragging them down.

I'll show myself out now.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#2113 Posted: 19:02:56 22/08/2018
the whole “hard work will always trump natural talent” argument is kinda bs sometimes.
---
now its time to get funky
#2114 Posted: 00:20:10 25/08/2018
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
the whole “hard work will always trump natural talent” argument is kinda bs sometimes.

"I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all."

-Ecclesiastes 9:11
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2115 Posted: 01:59:59 25/08/2018
I’ve noticed over the past year that some SJW types (for lack of a better word) have started acting very bitter towards the words yaoi and yuri, mainly due to “straights fetishizing it” or something last I heard. But like... Speaking as a bisexual woman, I really don’t care if people call a ship between two girls a “yuri ship” or a “lesbian ship”, because in my mind they’re synonymous. I really don’t see the issue, but apparently there is one.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#2116 Posted: 03:03:00 25/08/2018
Quote: DeathOfADream
I’ve noticed over the past year that some SJW types (for lack of a better word) have started acting very bitter towards the words yaoi and yuri, mainly due to “straights fetishizing it” or something last I heard. But like... Speaking as a bisexual woman, I really don’t care if people call a ship between two girls a “yuri ship” or a “lesbian ship”, because in my mind they’re synonymous. I really don’t see the issue, but apparently there is one.

The issue they have is more the common tropes that they use in things like "yaoi" and "yuri" are often very toxic (e.g: yandere/obsessive tropes) and a lot impressionable young straight people take in the media and assume that that is healthy and how those relationships should be and then upon meeting a gay/lesbian they ask uncomfortable questions and try to insist on putting them into those unhealthy boxes.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
#2117 Posted: 03:09:33 25/08/2018

As a fully fledged SJW, I have not even touched Yuri or Yaoi

Prolly because I'm also a cishet male
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2118 Posted: 03:10:54 25/08/2018
That's not limited to homosexual relationships though, just look at Twilight or how some people put abusive characters in ships. That said, they're younger people, they need to be informed about how it works and not yelled at, that's just going to make them double down on it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2119 Posted: 03:15:56 25/08/2018
Quote: Riolu-Blue-247

The issue they have is more the common tropes that they use in things like "yaoi" and "yuri" are often very toxic (e.g: yandere/obsessive tropes) and a lot impressionable young straight people take in the media and assume that that is healthy and how those relationships should be and then upon meeting a gay/lesbian they ask uncomfortable questions and try to insist on putting them into those unhealthy boxes.

Well that makes a little more sense than what I’ve been seeing. The only incidents of people raging over yaoi and yuri that I’ve seen up until now was solely about the words themselves being objectifying (which I’ve never felt like “yuri” was an objectifying word). An example of this would be a YouTube comment on some vocaloid song of all things saying “don’t say yuri that’s a term that fetishizes lesbians”.
If they were actually talking about the genres themselves, and tropes used in yaoi and yuri content, I would understand, but half the time it seems like people are just getting upset over the use of the words.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#2120 Posted: 03:18:57 25/08/2018
Its because at this point the words are heavily linked with the tropes, and are used as like a term for sexualisation of gay/lesbian relationships and using it to describe all of those relationships make people think that gay/lesbian relationships are only sexual things. This is not entirely my view, I am just sharing what I know of other's opinions to help you understand. Sorry if this comes off weird at all.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
#2121 Posted: 03:23:00 25/08/2018
I feel like the talent of the actor is a bigger factor that what they are like

I mean, there are lines(A male character can't play a female character) but the thing is, you shouldn't say that you need to change an actor because, "They aren't black enough"

(Can't wait for people to take this out of context)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2122 Posted: 07:00:57 25/08/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

I mean, there are lines(A male character can't play a female character) but the thing is, you shouldn't say that you need to change an actor because, "They aren't black enough"

????

No idea what you mean. You lost me
#2123 Posted: 12:09:25 25/08/2018
Quote: Metallo

????

Alright, let me explain

So with the upcoming movie, "The Hate U Give", people are complaining that the actor who plays the main character is, "not black enough", saying her skin was darker in the novel. And honestly, that bothers me. Not dark skinned actors, but actors where their looks are the bigger focus than how well they act the part.

Does that sound better?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2124 Posted: 01:12:04 26/08/2018
Skinny shamming needs to stop, because as someone who is small myself it is hard to find clothes that fit me too. If you want to show body positivity, it goes both ways. Because being told you don't exist because 'people who are size 6 (in AUS sizing) and have real big boobs don't exist' is really harmful. We do exist and its a huge ****ing struggle for us to find anything that fits. And it's not a good thing to be that size ether, I would get a reduction if I had the money.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:30 26/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#2125 Posted: 03:57:25 26/08/2018
Quote: Metallo

????

Alright, let me explain

So with the upcoming movie, "The Hate U Give", people are complaining that the actor who plays the main character is, "not black enough", saying her skin was darker in the novel. And honestly, that bothers me. Not dark skinned actors, but actors where their looks are the bigger focus than how well they act the part.

Does that sound better?

Ohh, gotcha

Yeah, it does

Quote: FedUpWolf
Anxiety and depression are still stigmatized against very much so, but I want all mental illnesses to be understood and treated compassionately. I am so happy anxiety and depression are being talked about - but people turn a blind eye to say, psychotic disorders, personality disorders and dissociative disorders. The stigma towards say Schizophrenia (psychotic disorder) , Dissociative Identity Disorder (dissociative disorder) or Borderline Personality Disorder, is a lot worse. These disorders are a lot more common than people think too - that's means they're a lot more people who keep quiet about their mental health struggles for fear of being seen as some sort of maniacal murderer rather than the well-adjusted adult they initially came across that they really are. Compassion for the mentally ill shouldn't be limited to anxiety and depression only. There are several other mental disorders that rarely or don't ever get talked about, and if people are talking about it they're stating the incorrect notion that those with these other illnesses will probably kill you. Not many people campaign for or know much about the three disorders I mentioned before as examples, and there are a lot more dissociative disorders, psychotic disorders and personality disorders.

I agree. Thank you for saying this
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2126 Posted: 14:56:51 26/08/2018
people who only watch tangled the series for varian really annoy me
#2127 Posted: 12:50:44 29/08/2018
Candy Corn is actually delicous
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2128 Posted: 13:29:56 29/08/2018
I enjoy the look of Candy Corn and the vibe of Halloween they give off, but dislike their taste.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2129 Posted: 16:17:21 31/08/2018
Poor and below average production values in music album can be forgiven if the songwriting is good and/or great.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2130 Posted: 20:18:46 01/09/2018
I love it when I get to see a movie with a really hyped up crowd. It just makes the theater experience so much better imo if everyone is cheering and having a fun time while watching something like Star Wars or Avengers.
---
Cool cool.
#2131 Posted: 04:50:25 03/09/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456
I love it when I get to see a movie with a really hyped up crowd. It just makes the theater experience so much better imo if everyone is cheering and having a fun time while watching something like Star Wars or Avengers.

Idk man, I get this beut I also like deadil silcneee
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#2132 Posted: 00:54:40 09/09/2018
I’m probably gonna watch High Guardian Spice. It looks like it has potential (aside from the poor marketing)
---
Soon.
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2133 Posted: 03:50:24 17/09/2018
Traps are gay.

Why does Star Wars episode IV look so bad compared to III?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:55 17/09/2018 by willspyro
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2134 Posted: 03:53:47 17/09/2018 | Topic Creator
the whole idea of everyone being unique hinders our ability to criticize ourselves correctly just so we can make excuses for our failures and not blame ourselves
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2135 Posted: 03:59:35 17/09/2018
alcoholism is normalized by millenials through the usage of jokes and memes and it's really sad knowing people who have no issue getting hammered every ****in' day
#2136 Posted: 04:34:26 17/09/2018
^ In Australia the percentage of young people who drink alcohol is actually decreasing by a considerable amount.
---
I draw stuff.
#2137 Posted: 12:52:07 19/09/2018
I never saw the entire ATLA cast as Asian.
---
#2138 Posted: 21:19:05 25/09/2018
Man buns are actually cool and I like them.
---
I draw stuff.
#2139 Posted: 18:28:59 13/10/2018
I really think that organic food tastes way worse than industrially produced foods.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2140 Posted: 17:35:41 14/10/2018 | Topic Creator
i dont care about gender or race swaps
First | Previous | Page 43 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me