Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 38 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1851 Posted: 00:28:49 03/12/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Filler episodes shouldn't be that big of a deal, imo.

Agreed, it doesn't hurt anyone. I hate the term is being used on shows that are not anime, I don't know it annoys me so much.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1852 Posted: 01:53:53 04/12/2017 | Topic Creator
i find the whole girl gamer thing really annoying. whenever i see someone complain about an attractive individual playing video games it just irks me. it just seems more like a sign of jealousy or a sign of elitism because these people dont look like they shower twice a month and have attractive bodies. stop adding to the stereotype that people who play video games are the average nerd who has no social life. there are tons of kids who play sports and actively take care of their bodies who also just also happen to play video games but theyre not real gamers because they dont play mario and post comments about how the girls at school dont want a nice guy. if playing video games is your core personality trait then im sorry but that isnt a very good thing. if you like a girl who plays video games cool, but if you want a girl who plays video games good luck buddy.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1853 Posted: 20:44:18 08/12/2017
Alita Battle Angel looks sick, despite the weird, anime-eyed protagonist. It’s a strange choice, but the rest of it looks cool, so!
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#1854 Posted: 21:56:13 08/12/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Alita Battle Angel looks sick, despite the weird, anime-eyed protagonist. It’s a strange choice, but the rest of it looks cool, so!

It's based on a manga, which explains the style choices. Currently it's an unpopular opinion to think of it as interesting looking because people who read the source material are being ludly concerned it is going to be like the live action Death Note.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
#1855 Posted: 23:48:56 11/12/2017
Quote: Riolu-Blue-247
Quote: TheToyNerd

It's based on a manga, which explains the style choices. Currently it's an unpopular opinion to think of it as interesting looking because people who read the source material are being ludly concerned it is going to be like the live action Death Note.

Oof! I hope that’s not the case. Death Note was a train wreck of epic proportions. This is coming from someone who didn’t even watch the original.

————

I quite liked Untouchable, but only the beginning half. The rest is boring and not that well-written IMO
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1856 Posted: 20:22:26 18/12/2017
Could care less about Rose's ethnicity in The Last Jedi, unlike the current strawman of people who didn't love the movie despite its ~innovation~. In fact her introduction was cool and I was really looking foward to this person who just ran into the plot by luck, but good god every other scene with her downright pulls the movie back. It's not about the character, it's how it's used.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:10 18/12/2017 by Bifrost
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1857 Posted: 01:00:17 19/12/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Could care less about Rose's ethnicity in The Last Jedi, unlike the current strawman of people who didn't love the movie despite its ~innovation~. In fact her introduction was cool and I was really looking foward to this person who just ran into the plot by luck, but good god every other scene with her downright pulls the movie back. It's not about the character, it's how it's used.

unfortunately the current trend is quantity of ethic characters rather than quality.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#1858 Posted: 03:26:38 31/12/2017
MCU > Star Wars
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1859 Posted: 03:30:35 31/12/2017
Quote: awesomerockets
MCU > Star Wars

I mean, I thought most people thought that
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1860 Posted: 22:18:15 06/01/2018
Srry for the double post buuuuuutttt........

-The Last Jedi is the Best Star Wars movie
-The Leia scene is space made a ton of sense
-Rose was not just put in for the foreign audience
-Rose and Finn's story is great
-It was a good idea to kill of Snoke and Luke Skywalker(as Luke was pretty old)
-Luke's death made sense
-The only bad thing was Rose crashing into Finn to save him

There, I've done it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:14 07/01/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1861 Posted: 22:36:53 06/01/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Srry for the double post buuuuuutttt........

-The Last Jedi is the Best Star Wars movie
-Spoilery stuff I guess

There, I've done it

Might wanna spoiler that, just in case.
---
Soon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:40 06/01/2018 by emeraldzoroark
#1862 Posted: 03:28:39 07/01/2018
I love the Watchmen movie

Cinema Snob > Nostalgia Critic
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:49 08/01/2018 by TheToyNerd
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1863 Posted: 19:39:37 08/01/2018
a lot of these recent movements and such are just giving everyone an excuse to hate white men, and that how stuff like charlottesville happens. i'm not at all saying that white supremacists are in the right, but if the "hate white people" train keeps rolling then **** will only get worse

oh god i'm gonna regret making this post
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1864 Posted: 20:12:40 08/01/2018
Quote: ZapNorris
a lot of these recent movements and such are just giving everyone an excuse to hate white men, and that how stuff like charlottesville happens. i'm not at all saying that white supremacists are in the right, but if the "hate white people" train keeps rolling then **** will only get worse

That doesn't make it a bad point. Hate is hate, it doesn't matter who is hated, it'll find a way to **** an innocent's life up eventually if it spirals out of control.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1865 Posted: 20:41:53 08/01/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: ZapNorris

That doesn't make it a bad point. Hate is hate, it doesn't matter who is hated, it'll find a way to **** an innocent's life up eventually if it spirals out of control.

With the recent thing with movie people, although I'm not saying that none of them are true, I'm just saying that some 30 year old women could accuse Finn Wolfhard of sexually assulting her and people would believe it

Just saying, not saying all of them are wrong, just saying it's a bit ridiculous
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1866 Posted: 00:24:57 10/01/2018
I didn’t even know this was unpopular, but I really liked Berzerk. It was one of my favorite songs on MMLP2. I guess the Rock/Rap combo is too messy for some people, but I personally love the sound.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#1867 Posted: 16:00:48 10/01/2018
I don't agree with dressing identical (twin, triplet etc) children in the same outfits. Just because they look the same, doesn't mean they have to dress the same.
#1868 Posted: 18:00:44 10/01/2018
i actually liked shark tale
#1869 Posted: 21:41:47 10/01/2018
I ironically like Animation Memes. Also liking stories with characters from different franchises crossing over if done right.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:10 10/01/2018 by KeybasHedKey
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1870 Posted: 21:55:54 10/01/2018
I hate the new Knuckles meme.
---
Soon.
#1871 Posted: 22:48:04 10/01/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
I hate the new Knuckles meme.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK
#1872 Posted: 01:34:28 12/01/2018
VRChat was mistake...

On topic... I don't like Memes that much... unless if it's truely funny.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1873 Posted: 05:03:30 12/01/2018
Quote: KeybasHedKey
VRChat was mistake...

On topic... I don't like Memes that much... unless if it's truely funny.

^ I agree with this.

I don't really like memes that much. There are some that I find funny, but I think that the most of them are complete nonsense. Things you can only find funny if you're just that bored.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#1874 Posted: 06:04:09 12/01/2018
The only meme I actually enjoyed was the Protogent meme, of how stupid it was.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#1875 Posted: 09:09:32 12/01/2018
I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I'll never get tired of the Steamed Hams meme especially because it's always been one of my favourite moments in the Simpsons.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1876 Posted: 16:26:55 12/01/2018
The ugandan knuckles meme is the fastest meme to go from dank to normie since harambe. It's actually just everywhere , hope it doesn't live past the end of january, but once normies get a meme, they never let go.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1877 Posted: 22:57:13 12/01/2018
I blame VRChat for that, also isn't the "Ugandan Knuckles" based on animation of Knuckles by Gregzilla? That was also a meme at it's time.

I don't know speaking of memes, the one was doomed from the start was the Portrayed by SpongeBob, and also that was everywhere, it was an evolved version of a similiar meme but with screencaps. But it does annoy me that SpongeBob is a meme in itself nowadays. Also this new McDonalds meme eh... I technally enjoy it of how overboard it gets.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#1878 Posted: 11:51:08 13/01/2018
Touched my Spaghet was okay. I don't consider it a big meme though. I also watched the cartoon it came from and I guess I see the humor more in the full cartoon than 3 seconds of it. Because it's pretty insanely made, since not a lot is explained.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1879 Posted: 21:04:35 15/01/2018
I really don't like the direction NateWantsToBattle is taking his channel and I honestly think his quality has significantly dropped ever since he started this "record label" of his. I think it's cool that he started one, but I think he should really keep that and his prime content separate.

I like Mandopony, and I did get the album he released with this label, but if I want to listen to Mandopony, then I'll go to Mandopony's channel.

This Ghost Fight band or whatever he started is also this odd promotional thing and I don't even know what purpose it serves because Nate makes music with these people anyways under his name.

And I'm getting really sick of him shoving Cristina Vee in our faces. I think Cristina Vee is a great voice actress and I'm happy that Nate is engaged to her(I personally think that's questionable since they haven't been dating for even a full year yet, but whatever, it's not my life), but I REALLY don't like her as a singer, which is already unpopular enough by itself. Like I said with Mandopony, if for any reason I wanted to listen to Cristina Vee, then I'd listen to whatever outlet she would put her music on. This isn't what I subscribed to Nate for. I subscribed to Nate because I wanted to listen to HIS music. And even then half the time his covers feature Cristina and it just ruins a song I otherwise think Nate would've done justice.

It really irritates me that he isn't really addressing any of these concerns, because people have every right to be confused about this change in content. On the surface, this seems like a way for Nate to give his friends more of an audience through his channel, ESPECIALLY because the only people currently part of this label are his friends. I don't want to think this is the case and want to give Nate the benefit of the doubt, because I don't think he's the kind of person that would do this for any of those reasons, but him staying silent and acting like his fans are rude and irrational because they're questioning the sudden change in his content(and rightfully so) certainly isn't helping.
---
Cool cool.
#1880 Posted: 23:21:34 16/01/2018 | Topic Creator
not really a fan of promoting unhealthy weight as something that you can ignore because every body is perfect. yeah sure its a dick move to call somebody fat but being an unhealthy weight is unhealthy for a reason. dont sugarcoat an unhealthy life style just because the truth is mean. the thing is im not even talking about underweight people. we attack people who are underweight for being unhealthy but never the overweight folks despite their size being just as bad or worse. sure beauty is subjective but health isnt.
#1881 Posted: 01:30:23 19/01/2018
I really liked the later seasons of Adventure Time. The Islands miniseries in particular I really enjoyed and are the best episodes of the show in a long while.
---
Cool cool.
#1882 Posted: 07:27:33 21/01/2018 | Topic Creator
im getting tired of youtubers becoming youtube sheriffs who beame popular because they contributed to drama and acting like superior video makers being jerked off by teenagers who think keemstar and leafy is bad despite because they are told that they are bad. (h3h3, idubz, pyrocynical, etc) i miss old h3h3 content :(
BorisTheParrot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#1883 Posted: 16:09:09 22/01/2018
1. I detest 99% of memes. The reasons being that it makes me feel like I'm a middle-aged man angry at the world whenever I fail to see what the appeal is. I don't see any humor or no kind of intresting message in them. If I was to come up with the reason why they are so popular, I would probably put it down to people finding them random more than anything. I personally think that randomness is the least funny kind of humor, so maybe that is why I don't make such a big deal about something like that Knuckles meme or Pepe the Frog.

2. Speaking of memes, the word "Dank" triggers something in my brain that makes me shudder every time. God, how I hate that word.

3. Super Mario Bros 3 is far better than Super Mario World. This one always tends to shock people, and I have never understood why that is. To me, SMB3 is the most imaginative and creative game ever made. The amount of levels, items, worlds, and detail in this game make me feel like I am a giddly little kid whenever I playthrough it. What has always made me totally prefer this game to SMW is the ideas that it bringed to the table, and how the makers perfectly exacuted each and every one of them. What bugged me the most about SMW was that the game done away with all these fun features. Mushroom Houses? None! Card Games? None! Inventory for items and powerups? Not there! Sweet powerups like the Frog Suit, Hammerman Suit, and Tannoki Suit? Gone! Useful items like the Cloud, Music box, Hammer, and Magic Whistle? Not to be found! Airships? None! 8 worlds that all have a unique theme that takes advantage of the idea of giving the levels more variety? They are all gone! Lets instead have worlds where some can only have a few levels with similar design all the way through. Look, I'm not saying that SMW is a bad game. Far from it. But I don't understand why people love to hold it up in such high regard over SMB3 when it takes away so much of the ideas away from that game, and only introduces a few ideas like Yoshi and the secret levels.
---
"Don't criticise what you can't understand" - Bob Dylan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:23 22/01/2018 by BorisTheParrot
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1884 Posted: 21:19:17 24/01/2018
I'm not going to lie - I'm really not a fan of anime. It's just not my kind of thing.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1885 Posted: 23:19:28 24/01/2018 | Topic Creator
nerd culture is insecurity. for some reason people assume that liking "nerdy" things makes one smarter and liking the mainstream stuff makes you dumber. if your identity is based around video games and anime you should probably change that view. just because someone plays sports doesnt mean that they are stupid like you believe them to be
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1886 Posted: 03:15:52 29/01/2018
Lying is a necessary skill to master if you want to succeed in life.

(most) People can't lie their way through life, of course, but a good lie in the right place at the right time can save you from a world of trouble.
#1887 Posted: 13:30:32 30/01/2018
It really peeves me off whenever someone says that a person working in an entertainment industry such as movies or music isn't allowed to have any kind of political opinion and should stay out of politics. It just suggests that you look at celebrities and reality stars as some kind of alien creature. Guess what, they're humans just like we are. They have problems and issues just like we do. They're trying to figure out life just like we are. They feel strongly about what's going on in the world just like we do. If anything it's a great thing they're using their platform of fame as a means to spread what they genuinely believe in instead of just getting involved in all the hype culture and attributing nothing else. And this isn't considering that we've had people from this industry in the past, including our current president, get heavily involved in politics(not that I support Trump, because I don't, but whether or not I support him and his actions has nothing to do with his work in that industry). Unless they're making statements that are very obviously wrong where politics wouldn't even matter at that point, then let them speak.
---
Cool cool.
#1888 Posted: 22:03:21 02/02/2018
I don't really like the Millennium-era Godzilla movies besides one. I'm not a particular fan of the designs used, besides one. I feel like the suits are too skinny (Godzilla should always be a big dude imo) and I don't like the spike design that 2000/2002 have. The only movie I really like is GMK, which, funny enough, is one of my favorite movies. Same goes for the design.
---
#1889 Posted: 22:16:41 02/02/2018
This is gonna come off as rather dumb and irrational, but I think I hate Pokémon fans. I know that’s a death wish on this site, considering the great amount of Pokémon fans, but I can’t stand the discourse surrounding the franchise. I wish there was a Chrome filter to get rid of Pokémon related arguments or something, lol. It’s quite annoying to hear over and over, tbh.

Nothing against the people who are passionate, I know I sure am passionate about a lot of dumb things, but I’m personally sick of seeing all the Pokémon elitism and **** everywhere
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1890 Posted: 22:54:21 02/02/2018
Yeah, perhaps a bit of elitism for sure, but if you don't like Pokemon, doesn't bother me.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1891 Posted: 01:08:36 03/02/2018
being a huuuuuuuge pokemon fan myself, this place has got nothing on places like the Serebii forums. Elitism would be synonymous with that.

I've been around too many fandoms, and pokemon (even nowadays) is quite chill in comparison to, say, anime and manga fandoms. Spyro's fandom is dead now, but even that was pretty toxic in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, the online pokemon fandom is getting pretty ridiculous, but I mean to point out that it isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Not actually directed that at anyone here or anything anyone here just said, just in general.

---

another unpopular opinion, i do not really like football.

SUPERBAWL SUNSDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1892 Posted: 01:20:45 03/02/2018
I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I find body hair (unless it's on the head of course) really, really gross if there's a lot of hair. If it's just a minor amount (like on the legs or something), then that's fine. I'm really thankful to not be hairy myself, to be fully honest.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1893 Posted: 01:25:57 03/02/2018
The hate for male protagonists is starting to get really irritating
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1894 Posted: 03:14:27 03/02/2018
The Tarrasque doesn't seem all that scary
#1895 Posted: 13:43:25 03/02/2018
I really don't want a Fallout game outside of America. Canada is as "out there" as I'm willing to go.
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1896 Posted: 03:46:27 05/02/2018
Quote: DragonCamo

This so much
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1897 Posted: 19:04:26 05/02/2018
Quote: Waaksian
Quote: DragonCamo

This so much

they better stop marketing barbies to their demographic and make them all boys >:[
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
First | Previous | Page 38 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me